Rise of the Dragon Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minami grinned lightly at Ryan's offer and waved her hand. 'Oh, it's no biggie, really. I once helped a local farmer with a dragon problem and now I get major discounts on his products.' she smiled.

She laughed at Oliver and nodded.' Good blacksmith it is then.' she smiled a bit, shaking his hand.
She grinned at the offer of help with cooking and rolled her eyes at the Tyrantrum. ' Try cooking for Orion and then come back to me.' she joked.

At the sound of his offer she looked thoughtful. ' Well I have to go out on patrol later, but I suppose I can pass through the mountains first.' she said.

Emil flustered as he was handed the gold coin, though accepting it and quickly moving out of the way as more people approached. Suddeny there were way too many people around, and the little shy one wanted nothing to do with it. "Th-thank you, goodbye." He blurted before hopping off the porch to get away from the crowd, and pocketing the coin. He didn't have much to spend a coin on, but he figured Goof would like playing with it. Goof liked shiny things almost as much as a Meowth or a Murkrow...

Though he had planned to run off at that, he was distracted as he watched the crowd grow. He felt bad for Minami, having to talk to so many people... Emil liked seeing the dragons of others, though. A lot of them were really intimidating... He wasn't sure he'd be able to raise a scary dragon... He was glad that Goof was so cute and friendly.​

Ryan shrugged, "It won't be any trouble to me either. If you get a discount, then I guess I'll just be repaying more of the favor than I thought." He glanced back at Sal, "We don't plan on leaving any favor alone. We're going to repay everything that's ever been given to us..." He then looked back towards Minami, then saw out of the corner of his eye that the one he had been teasing was trying to leave. He turned his gaze directly towards the boy, "What's wrong? Don't want free food? I was only joking about the bribery thing." He frowned, thinking that his teasing had caused the child to try to leave.

Emil blinked as he realized he was being spoken to. "Food..? Oh, um, no. I know!" He blurted out, idly shuffling his feet as he looked away again. "Th-there's just... So many people here.. If everyone eats, Minami won't have any food left!" He continued, practically staring a hole into the ground at this point. "And. And I need to go home now, so, um... B-bye bye."

Orion was returning home with his catches for the day, and upon reaching his home, couldn't help but groan as more people seemed to have appeared. Why did Minami have to invite them all to their house. He walked Ragnar in, Tiberus resting on his head at the moment. The Tyrunt came to life very quickly, however, when he spotted Crooks. He jumped off Orion's head and quickly ran over to the Tyrantrum, excited as always to see another of his kind. Unlike most other fossil pokemon, Tyrunt had been found as an egg by Orion and Ragnar in an old ruin they had found on the island while hunting. They moment they returned home with it, it had hatched to reveal the pokemon inside. The ruins had been their for a long time, and the room they found Tiberius' egg in had only be opened by a earthquake that had happened recently, thus it meant that Tiberius was naturally born, rather then revived. Thus, Tiberius is slightly larger and stronger than others of his kind, and may continue to grow as such if given time.

"Minami, why are you hosting parties at our house while I go hunt, and Tiberius stop fraternizing with the enemy, your already in hot water for what you did earlier today." Orion was promptly ignored, and he sighed before taking off the Pikachus and Flechlings from his saddle, taking them over to Minami. "Anyway, I'm back, but me and my dragons are going to the beach for some sparring, maybe some light battling with the local wild pokemon. What are your plans for the day?"

Oliver looked at the approaching Orion with a look of mild confusion. He had seen a few hunters before, but something struck the blacksmith as off about this one. His entire mannerisms just seemed...hostile. He certainly didn't care if there was one hunter in the village who had a particular beef with him: after all, there are lots of hunters in the village, but only one blacksmith.

Still, when the Tyrunt ran over to Crooks, Oliver smiled and watched the interaction. It was much bigger than Crooks was, as a Tyrunt, but Crooks had grown into the biggest specimen of a Tyrantrum that Oliver had seen in the mountains: Not that it was a common Dragon, but still.

When Oliver heard Orion refer to him and Crooks as 'the enemy' Oliver could not contain the snicker that came out. Where did people like this even come from? "Oh, I'm the enemy am I little guy?" He was referring to Tiberus as opposed to his owner, since the pokemon seemed much more civilised than the master. "Well, next time you see this bad guy, I'll give you a little treat. Crooks used to love these little snacks I made, but they aren't really enough since she evolved. I'll see about making you up some, huh?"

In the mean time, Crooks looked down at the much smaller pokemon with a mixture of confusion and interest. The scarcity of Tyrunt and Tyrantrum meant she rarely got to interact with any of her own species, and seeing one so excitable was enough to make her puff out her chest in a show of size. As if to show off even more, the Tyrantrum breathed in a big chest full of air, before bellowing out its loudest roar: straight into the sky.

"Hell Crooks, would you calm down!?" Oliver groaned as his head rang from the monster's roar. If anyone had decided to sleep in today, they were in for a rude, and very loud, awakening.

Minami giggled faintly as she saw Emil scurry off shyly. She had spoken to his father a biy and apparently he was extremely shy and skittish around people. Dragons didn't seem to be much of a problem though.
'It's okay Ryan.' she said with a faint wave at Emil. 'Come back soon, I'll take you out on a flight.' she called at Emil as he was walking off.

As Emil left, the sound of Orion's voice waved up to her and she rolled her eyes at her brother as he complained about the people here. 'This isn't a party Orion, we're all going to eat breakfast together.' she told him while accepting the fletchling and pikachu. ' I hope you caught a tauros as well, cause we're down to just one and Kisuke, Tiberius and Ragnar still need dinner tonight. ' she said. ' I'm going to make breakfast for our guests and then I'm going with Oliver for a stroll in the mountains before I go on patrol.'

She facepalmed at Orion's hostility and huffed. 'Sorry for my little brother here, he isn't quite social.' she said. 'How about I go make you guys those eggs now, before we spar? Come sit inside.' she said.

A scarlet red and magnificent black blurred together as it propelled through the skies above a village below by an unknown force. Whipping around with grace and maneuverability before halting, a Salamence touched down against the land, such a rare creature it seemed to be, to have developed like this, a red that looked as if it had been coated in the blood of its foes and a black that hinted it was what made night deadly. The male on top of the dragon looked around as people approached him, rather interested in his dragon. "Don't get too close, she bites..." The male said with a grin, it seemed no one believed him, too bad, a groan of severe pain sounded from a man as his hand was bitten, blood spilling as a result of his failed attempt at petting the Salamence. "Told you..." He smirked as he hopped off of the dragon, grinning as she flew away from the village and to a nearby cave, these few men didn't seem too happy about their friend being hurt, no matter how minor it was. The rider played the situation a few times in his head until he found a perfect scenario, a bloody fist backed with anger landed against his face, multiple hits began landing against the rider without signs of ceasing.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Drakel
Orion and Ragnar both scoffed in unison at Minami's apology, giving all those assembled a slight glare. Ragnar even gave a slight growl at the other dragons.

"Well they are trespassing on our territory, so excuse me for being a bit hostile, as you put it. And yes I got a Tauros, I'm just going to skin and clean the carcass out back before we head out to do our training. Enjoy your spar, and Tiberius, you better be ready to go when we get back." Orion and Ragnar then began to walk towards the area they had created behind the house for skinning and cleaning his kills.

Tiberius, on the other hand, was making running around Crooks excitedly, soon jumping on top of her tail to climb up to the Tyrantrum's body and onto her head. Once on top, he gave a roar of his own, but it was a lot more adorable then Crooks'.

Minami send a light glare at Ragnar when he growled at the surrounding people. 'Behave Ragnar.' she said sharply, looking over at Orion and expecting him to keep the dragon in line.

It was her turn to scoff at the dragon and it's partner when she heard what he said about territory.
'This "territory" you speak of is called a house, Orion, and it is perfectly normal to invite people over.' she huffed. ' They are my guests, so treat them as such.' she said before looking at the sky.
' Damn it, I'm going to be late if I don't hurry...' she murmured.
' Ryan, I'm gonna have to reschedule our spar for now, otherwise I won't have enough time to make you all breakfast.' she said apologetic. 'How about we spar after my patrol?' she suggested. She smiled faintly as she noticed Kisuke's sad expression turn happy again when he heard they would still spar, only later.
' For now, everyone come in and have a seat, I'll start up the fire.' she said and walked inside, starting up the fire and breaking some eggs in the pan.

Oliver ignores the open hostility from Orion this time, already more than bored with the tough guy act. After all, words were cheap. He had a feeling that the pair would end up clashing at some point in the future: maybe Oliver would get lucky enough to fight them in the tournament. That could be fun, indeed. Hell, it seemed like something worth looking forward to. Considering the tournament was normally nothing more than work and work for a Blacksmith.

He turned back to the far more interesting Minami, as she offered to reschedule the sparring match, and mentioned nothing about the mountain walk. Was this good? Should he offer to reschedule as well? He felt it was probably the proper thing to do, and yet he didn't feel like relinquishing this chance for newfound friendship.

The little sound of the Tyrunt roaring caused Oliver to turn and laugh at the sight of the small pokemon atop Crooks' head. The fact that she so willingly accepted the pokemon's interloping was encouraging. He had half expected her to snap out at being clambered over. He said nothing as Crooks lowered her head, a little lopsided smirk on her face as she shook her massive skull, just above ground level, so that Tiberius fell safely to the floor. To the Tyrantrum, it was her way of showing dominance. She had dislodged the pokemon with ease, but had done so safely enough not to hurt it. She was showing the Tyrunt that she had control, in the politest way she could. Oliver stepped in, before the Tyrunt stepped over any boundaries. "Go on, little buddy. You're master might growl at me if we keep you any longer. Wouldn't want that, would we?"

Oliver decided that now was as good a time as any to take up Minami's offer. He walked into her home quietly and took a seat, picking at random a seat near the kitchen. The home was...cluttered, compared to his. He was probably a little more spartan than a two person household could even hope to be. "If you need any help cooking, the offer still stands."

Vincenzo had been out early that morning, just as the sun had began to rise, in order to check that the Noivern and Noibats had returned from their nightly flight safely. Artemis had managed to stay curled around him even in her sleep. It was quiet on the small ranch like farm that housed some of the abandoned and injured dragons of the village, most were still asleep but the nocturnal ones had only just returned and were preparing themselves for a nice rest. Most had returned uninjured except for a smaller than average female Noivern named Melody that had sprained her wing in a fight. She hissed and screeched with the pain as one of the males roughly dropped her onto the ground.

"Shade!" Vico growled out before slowly walking over to Melody.

She tried to lash out at him but he jumped out the way when he noticed the tell-tale twitch of her "Blasters"

"Shh...girl. I'm here to help you...I won't hurt you I swear." He whispered softly as he raised his hands to his face, palms facing the female to show that he was not a threat.

Her eyes narrowed on the Dratini wrapped around him, a silent question asked. 'What about her?'

Without a second thought, Vico slowly disentangled himself from the serpentine body and walked toward the Noivern. She allowed him, though she remained wary. As he drew closer to her left wing, he could see her fur bristle in anticipation.

"I'm going to see exactly where you sprained it alright. If it hurts too much just hiss or screech and I'll stop alright?" He said gently, his fingers slowly reaching toward the upper part of her wing. She gave a slow nod before he lightly pressed his fingers on a spot just above her "elbow". She screeched in pain and he immediately withdrew his hand.

"Sorry girl. I guess I'll have to wrap your wing for while." He said before rummaging in one of the pouches on his belt. He then pulled out a small bag containing some herbs and taking a small handful out. While humans would have to dilute the herb, large pokemon could eat it as it was and retain its effects without issue.

"Eat this and it won't hurt as much." He said as he held out the herbs to her.

Melody sniffed them curiously before eating them, merely moments later she was fast asleep.

"Good girl." was the last thing he said before getting to work.

An hour and a half later had the young man with a lap full of a happy Melody licking his face off.

"Alright already, go get some rest. If your lucky you could be flying again by the end of the week." He said with a laugh as he pushed her toward the stables.

It was not long after that his father asked him to take two packages of Unfeasant meat to Ms. Minami, One of his former teachers, to which he agreed with a loud "Yahoo!"

Artemis had woken up when Melody screeched and had remained wrapped around Vico's torso since he had finished with her wing. She was gently, but firmly holding the portable incubator that housed the egg that Vico's father had given him two days prior.

It was a quick walk to the woman's house, with Vico having memorized the route since she had helped his father with a dragon problem a while back. Since then he had been giving her discounts on almost everything from Unfeasant eggs to Miltank Milk, not to mention the occasional gift of meat. If he didn't know any better he would have guessed that his father was trying to court Minami.

To say he was surprised at the amount of people at his former teachers house would have been an understatement since most were drawn away by her volatile brother.

"Hey Ms. Minami, Pops sent another package for you!" He called out as he walked through the open door.

Ryan frowned slightly, Sal's head drooping at the same moment. "No problem, we understand... Sparring isn't as important as food..." He gave a fake sniff, as if holding back tears, Sal behind him was now looking at the ground. As she began preparing the food, he chuckled to himself, hoping she knew that he was joking. He stood at the door after finishing up his joke, and bowed slightly towards Minami, "Thank you very much for your generosity." He stepped into the building, Sal making a bowing motion as well after Ryan entered. It then flew away, knowing that it would be best for it to hunt its own food for breakfast. Sal knew Ryan was sorry they couldn't eat their meal together like always, and Ryan knew that Sal knew, so they simply proceeded with their own breakfast meals. "Also, I apologize for the intrusion on property, I actually didn't expect to end up coming over for breakfast... Though I doubt any of us actually did." He laughed slightly, scratching the back of his head.

"Agh! G-Gentlemen, you're kicking the beedrill's nest..." He sputtered through a blood filled mouth, as the next boot impacted against his chest a loud screech sounded from the mountains above, not too far away from their location. A loud sound that mimicked blades being unsheathed cut through the noise before a rushing sound did. As the men turn to look at the disturbance they let out choked voices of panic as they locked onto the angered Salamence headed toward them. The rider began to get to his feet, staggered on his feet, wiping, and spitting away blood, a triumphant smile on his face. "My turn...." He said to them in an eerily calm tone as the dragon landed, low growls resonating through the dead silent village, the female Salamece's tail coiled around a man quickly, the rider managing to give a nod toward the dragon as she looked in his direction, soon after a sickening cracking noise resembling the snapping of a tree began to fill the air, incoherent attempts at screams halted the once angry men and turned them into cowering children. "Looks like you've gone and made her angry..." His blood stained smile making him look a bit terrifying now, his white hair somewhat bloody and sticking to his face, pure hate was in his eyes but the smile on his face seemed to be a sign of joy.

As the Salamence quickly bound a man between her upper and lower jaws, beginning to slowly bite down, the last man began begging for his life. "Don't kill me..." He pleaded with the rider, who simply scoffed at his request and laughed a bit, the dragon pinning the man and causing him to break into a ft of shear terror, the rider watch the man scream and kick violently to no avail, soon he began to sob as the dragon inexplicably began licking him. "W-wwwwhat...? Why is it doing this?" He said through choked sobs before letting out a pained yell, loud enough to echo through the valley the rider's dragon had plunged a claw through the man's thigh and was slowly slicing into it. "She loves o play with her food..." He said darkly, a frightened shout escaped the man, frantic screams following suit as sounds of crushed bone filled the area. The rider stood by his dragon, glancing at the hiding villagers as they witnessed the acts of terror against them. A smirk creeping up on his face. "Burn it...." He commanded his dragon instructing her to burn the place, the village quickly was cast into the flames, the whole lot immolated with their engulfed town. "Shame...all I wanted was to see if they had dragons..." He grinned before climbing onto his dragon, taking flight away from the smoldering village and toward another village, perhaps he could play this out correctly. With him covered in blood and ash, his dragon no less the same as he had panned. With cue from him, the dragon began to free-fall at a dizzying speed, crash-landing into a different village than before, one that had dragons by the looks of it.

• Bucket of Rainbows
A small chuckle escaped Minami as she picked up on Ryan's joke, his salamence even joining in on the little gag. She took out some extra pots and pans and cooked some rice, stir frying the now scrambled eggs while the rice cooked.
She looked back at Oliver with a faint smile. 'Oh, no it's fine. No troubles here. Having to make breakfast for the two dragon boys, a growing tyrantrum and my crazy "little" bat has been enough to give me a biological clock when it comes to cooking.' she joked.

As if to prove her point she stirred the boiling rice and bit down on a grain before draining the hot pan of water.
After adding some seasoning, throwing the cooked rice in with the fryed scrambled eggs and baking some bacon, several plates were filled with food.

Right at that moment she heard a familiar voice coming from the door and she smiled brightly. ' Oh, if it isn't my little Vicy~' she cooed teasingly as she placed the plates on the table for her guests. 'Another care-package, huh?' she asked as she walked over.
'Well, as today is the rare day where Orion can't scare away my guests, how about you sit with us for breakfast as well?' she suggested, walking over to the pan to fill another plate for him.

Orion had skinned and cleaned the Carcass and was just putting it away for storage when he caught a familiar scent. On the wind, with a familiar voice being heard in the house to confirm his suspicions. Rushing the storage process, Orion bolted through the back door an into the kitchen, his eyes blazing red as he saw his rival and best friend, Vincenzo, or as he like to call him, Lil' Vinny. Lil' Vinny was the only other person in the village similar to him in the regard that they seemed to get along better and have more incommon with dragon pokemon rather then humans, though Orion was the worse case in that regard.

"Well well, if it isn't Lil' Vinny coming to give courting gifts to my sister. Don't you think that she's a little old for you? Moving on from that, what do you think your doing coming on to your Alpha's territory with out paying your respects. In a Haxorus herd, that would've gotten you killed, or worse, a shame breaking of one of your horns. Guess that means you'll have to lose a tooth in when I beat you in or next fight." Orion said, his golden eyes filled with smug glee. They had these little battles every know and then, and who ever loses has to treat the other one like they were the Alpha until they beat him. Orion had won their last fight, which had been a week ago, and had made sure to rub it in Lil' Vinny's every chance he got. It felt good to be king.

Tiberius, having finished playing with Crooks, gave the Tyrantrum a barking growl of acceptance for of her authority(for the moment), and walked into the house, where Orion and Ragnar, who had followed his master in at a more sedate pace, seemed to be in a face of with a new human that he wasn't quite familiar with, but that his master seemed to get along with. That mean he was a friend and Tiberius knew justr how to greet him. Sneaking up behind the wild looking youth, he opened his arms and bit down right on the boy's leg.

Vincenzo had merely stuck out his tongue at Minami's teasing. She had been calling him the pet name since his time at the academy and he had learn to accept it, though with a grain of salt, and she was the only one he allowed to use the nickname. He smiled wolfishly at the offer of food and nodded his head as he placed the two packages on the counter for her to put away.

Merely minutes later, Orion rushed into the room, his eyes ablaze with the challenge of seeing his friend and rival. Vico's eyes also glimmered, his eyes dilating vertically, a trait inherited from his father. The two had been unlikely friends since Minami had brought the wild man into the village, mostly due to their similar mannerisms. However, while Orion was definitely the wilder of the two Vico instincts and reflexes were just a tad sharper due to training with the more serpentine dragon pokemon whom could strike as fast as an Arbok and even Seviper.

He nearly snarled at the annoying name that Orion called him, but he knew just how to tick the other off and he just couldn't stop himself.

"You wish you were my Alpha, Ori!" He stated with a growl. He had been calling the wild man that since the first time he had won one of their "Dominance" matches. He knew it would normally be a sign of disrespect or challenge to someone who viewed himself as an Alpha, much like looking into the eyes of a Haxorus.

"Besides, If anyone is courting your sister it's Pops. I'm just the errand boy." It was the last thing he said before he hissed loudly in pain and looked down. Artemis had felt her brother stiffen and heard his pain, In just a few short moments she was wrapping her tail around the young Tyrunt, ready to squeeze the life out of him. The Incubator set safely beside Vico's legs.

"Sis No! Let him go." Vico said sternly

She was ready to tighten, but instead let loose a loud almost roaring hiss in the Tyrunt's face before releasing and slithering off to wrap around the incubator again. She merely turned away and tightened her grip when Vico looked at her. 'I was just trying to help' was her silent statement.

"I know, I'm not mad at that." He said to her before picking up Tiberion and petting his head.

"Now you see what happens when you bite me and Artemis is around Lil' T." He laughed, before handing the small dragon to Orion.

"Now, how about we have a go and see who the real alpha is?" Vico growled out.

Orion's eye changed from their shining gold to a menacing red as Vinny called him that dreadful, awful, despicable nick name. He gave a short chuckle as Tiberius bit his rival, but nearly bull rushed him when his Dragonair had Tiberius in her clutches. As soon as Tiberius was back in his possession, he started looking him over to make sure he hadn't been harmed. This caused the Tyrunt to give small roars of protest, as if to say 'I'm fine all ready, so stop it and put me down'. Orion continued for a little bit, before placing Tiberius inb his favorite perch, Ragnar's head, before turning back to Vinny, already taking off his over armor in preparation for the fight.

"Bring it on, Lil' Vinny, I'll so you exactly what happens to those who get to full of themselves in my pack." After removing his over armor, he tossed it over to the side and went right outside, turning around to face the house, and Vinny if the youth had followed him out. He got into a low stance, swaying from side to side, his eyes taking on a more feral glint as he began to revert to his previous mentality. He was currently imitating Haxorus challenge behavior, in which the challenged scrapes his horns on the ground as they sway from side to side, so as to intimidate the opponent and keep their muscles relaxed to allow for quick reaction times. And all the while, a low growl was rumbling from his throat, a skill he had taken years to perfect while in the Haxorus herd. In his mind, he began to think of strategies for taken Vinny down. While he was stronger and had a more unpredictable fighting style, Vinny was faster and had better reflexes to even the playing field. Only one thing was certain about the battle that was about to take place, they were going to feel this in the morning.

"Calm down Altaria, calm down" Harvey tried to his Altaria down as it was screaming and flapping it's cloud like wings at him. Never in his life had he seen Altaria act like this and to be frank he was scared of what had caused it to behave like this. Its wings made leafs and dust lift of the ground and Harvey felt he needed to do something he tried to avoid at all costs " I demand you stop it, NOW !" as he raised his voice he saw how the Altaria just froze and tucked its wings back in. "Im sorry, but now that you have calmed down we can go check out whats going on" As Harvey climbed onto Altaria it made a screech before it took of.

As he soared through the sky Harvey noticed smoke and as they came closer he started to understand his Pokemon's panic. Something or someone had set fire to an entire village and from the looks of it nothing was left alive. Flying down towards the town they soared just over the village as the looked for any signs of life, but to no avail. The town was dead. "Lets find the reason for this" and with that Altaria sped of towards the clouds and they started their search, but there was no signs to give away what had done this.

"We need to head back Altaria" Harvey said after they had flown around the clouds for a while. The Altaria was clearly not happy about this, but it listened and they started their trip back. However on their way home they noticed something. A crater and within it, something that looked like a Pokemon. A dragon Pokemon and it was most likely a Salamenc. "Dive" as the words left Harvey's lips Altaria pointed its head downwards in a sickening speed towards ground. It came closer and closer until Altaria felt they where close enough to the ground and spread its wings again landed like a feather, but the air pressure created was immense and for everyone close enough it felt like the worlds harshest hairdryer.

They had landed far enough away from the Salamenc to get a view of the situation before they even got close and from the looks of thing it seemed like a crash landing. Something Harvey found strange as Salamence's rarely rarely lose their control in air, but there has to be a first for everything. However what scared Harvey the most was what looked like a human. Losing ever single instinct he had he ran towards the pokemon to check how they were doing. "Are you okay, how hurt are you ?!" but before he even got an answer Harvey saw blood and expected the worst.

The rider's vision was blurry and his hearing was accompanied by a ringing noise, maybe he and his dragon should have taken it easy. He looked up at the wavy outline of a person talking to him, their voice muffled by his ears. "Wha-what?" He said in question, both he and his Salamence drug themselves out of the small crater, groaning. His vision clearing up slowly as he could get a clear sight on the male standing over him. "Well aren't you a nice sight?" He said with a bloody smile, trudging from his hands and knees to his feet, using his pokemon as balance. His salamence seemed fine, a little bit of bumps and bruises but fine nonetheless. "Hurt enough..." He chuckled somewhat, staring at the boy through the only eye not swollen shut.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Status
Not open for further replies.