• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chad Arven Dunwick & Sarah Lynn Harris
tumblr_opa98yCB3p1qii7i0o1_250.gif

@ShraedVD
@Talson
@Tarieles[/QUOTE]

______________________________________________________________________________________

"Try to be quiet?!" Sarah laughed hysterically. "Like I needed to be told that four different times. You look like bait standing in the middle of the road!" She threw her hands up at him in utter disbelief.

Chad had turned his head at her and sighed, was she in shock? Or that pissed that he could possibly draw more to us by not paying attention? In any case, this was bad. His attention was pulled in several directions at once. He looked to the panicked girl first. "I'm so sorry Ma'm. If your friend was here, shes not anymore. That thing went after the only living things in this house. If she's alive, she is somewhere else." He watched as part of the party started hacking and slashing at creatures all around them. "We've got to go, or this will be your fate as well...I'm so sorry"

Chad stood up quickly and moved swiftly to his car, pulling out a blade the length and width of his forearm, a pistol and a shotgun. He moved in the same manner back to the party and handed the blade to Rust "You're gunna need a lot bigger than that switchblade kid, this better?" He smirked ask he handed off the weapon. "Took it off a tweaker a few months ago, just don't sniff it..." He moved to the road and gently grabbed Sarah around the wait, lifted her up and pulled her back to the group.

"Let go of me!" She growled and punched at Chad's arm. "Ow, Sarah! Knock it off" She wiggled in his grasp "This idiot-" Chad cut her off as he dropped her on her feet and spun her to face him "Look you can kick his ass later, we need to move" He handed her the pistol. "I trust you remember how to use this?"

Flashbacks played in her mind, a few years ago taking a gun safety course. The gun felt like the same weight as the one at the shooting range, as yes....she could shoot well.

Her expression hardened and she nodded, the muscles in her shoulders becoming stiff. "Lets go people, into the vehicle." He pointed to the cruiser. "Chad, that's not going to fit everyone.." Sarah whispered grimly. "Fuck it" She snarled and walked to the car parked infront of the cruiser and started to hit the butt of the gun against the drivers window. "Sarah! what the hel-" Chad yelled and suddenly realized what she was doing. He sprinted to his trunk.

Sarah, thinking he was grabbing the restraints in his car snapped "Arrest me later, i'm savi-" Chad had made his way back to her and grabbed her elbow. "Stop" He whispered and held up a little metal tool. "Tell me what you're doing before you do it, GTA" Sarah sighed and rolled her eyes and moved out of his way, her back to his as he began to slide the tool behind the window and grab the door lock. She could see shambling figures on the horizon, her right leg began to shake in fear. She teetered back and forth on being brave and being scared, this was not happening.

"Got it" Chad exclaimed as he popped the door open. He switched places with Sarah as she tore apart the vechile, trying to hot wire it. The sparks where the only light she had to show her the way. Suddenly the vehicle roared to life and she grinned. Chad wasted no time, "Sir kicks ass a lot, you're with Sarah, Rust you too. Every one else in the cruiser." He was hesitant to leave Sarah, she was losing all sanity left but she was good at driving. Hopefully that task was enough to keep her from falling apart.

Sarah was just about to sit down but Chad has grabbed her arm, she whipped her head to look at him. Her expression read half angry, half in shock but it softened at the sight of his expression. Chad looked....tired? Almost scared, but his tough police officer exterior hid it well. Almost too well, but she's known him for years. "Please be careful" He whispered to her, his eyes locking with hers. She sighed and relaxed for a moment, then made a decision on impulse and leaned into him, placing a kiss on his cheek and then stepping back, smiling softly. "I'll be ok, just don't fall behind"

Chad was completely surprised by Sarah, yeah. She was in shock, there was no way she'd do this on her own. "O-ok" He stammered, a slight blush crossing his cheeks. Sarah laughed quietly and squeezed his hand before letting go and slipping into the drivers side. Chad then wasted no time after that. rallying his troops. He made his way to Via. "A lot of kids headed toward the College for shelter, i'm betting my money she may be there" he hoped, though the chances this woman was to be found alive was very slim. "Comon, i'll help you in. We have to go, there is no time."

• Love
Reactions: Talson
Dietrich "Rust" Alarak

Rust looked at Chad with a moments pause. Seeing him pull out a broad machete blade and handing it to him. Not everyday you see a police officer GIVE you a weapon, he thought to himself. His eyebrow raised and he almost full on grinned, slanting his lips into a short huffed smirk of astonishment to the exchange. He took the blade and noted the scented feature Chad had described. He was in no level of desire to know what it smelled like or where it originated from.

Get in the car, huh? A strangers car at that. Sure - fuck it, why not right? He thought to himself. All while seeing the surreal sight of what he could only imagine was formerly human being cut down like a rabid animal by some odd person looking like he got lost while on the great crusade. Not like he was any better after breaking into the back of an assailants skull like a kinder surprise.
He approached the car Sarah entered and checked the door, locked... instinctively he tugs it once more, yep. Still locked, nothing was going to change that outside someone intervening. "Sarah.." He mumbled as he gave the door one more tug, watching her begin hot wiring the car.
Normally he would be perfectly okay with simply standing there in the crisp chilled air while someone hypothetically fumbled their keys and put their seat belt on in their ritualistic ways before unlocking his side of the car. But he wasn't exactly on board with the idea of being eviscerated next to a fire hydrant that an impressive number of generations worth of dogs have pissed on.
Eventually she fired up the car and took notice to his stupid posture loitering on the outside of the passenger side, unlocking it.

He pulled the door open and slumped inside the shotgun seat. Placing the formidable bladed addition between his legs....well.. maybe not the best spot for it. He then moved it out from between his legs and tucked it between the seat and the door as he closed it behind him. Much better. Gotta clear my options if we're thinking about avoiding any 'final destinations'.

"Danke.." He mumbled after getting himself situated. Remembering to put his seat belt on. He was progressively more distant socially and seemingly mentally as well. Being very quiet and observant...well, when he isn't staring off into space. At this point he was questioning deeply onto whether or not this was even real..."If I'm in a coma right now and you can hear me.. unplug me, okay?" He said while turning to face Sarah. The entire sentence almost made the hum of the engine go silent for that moment as he felt himself disconnect from reality, or whatever the thought might be reality. His face was stern. Sarah had seen him in all his resting disapproval face glory but this felt different. A genuine crisis he was going through in his mind. "I don't want to live in this...whatever this is, forever... Lass mich nicht so irreführen..." He challenged the idea that this could very well be his brain trying to simulate some sort of reprieve should he be in a coma. Using Sarah as a safety conduit within his cerebral storm on a hospital bed.
"Echt oder nicht, es gibt keine Ruhe in dieser...."

Last edited:
"Look at all these people, showing compassion and caring for each other. Are they not aware that will be the death of them? Foolish people attempting to keep their humanity intact in this world. It is no longer the same any more, the rules have changed. Only those are strong, can fight, and are useful will survive... Remember this, I don't want to die any time soon."

Cristiano shakes the voice from his mind, but the words linger within him. Has he lost his humanity? A voice barely reaches his ears, something something kicks ass a lot. Something something go with them. His body moved, headed outside, ignoring the beasts around him he moved. One came to bite at him as he walked out. It bit cold steel as his gauntlet found purchase in its gullet. With a push its lower jaw ripped off. The beast lurched back, as if it was in pain. Could these things still feel pain? The soft sounds of car doors opening and closing dance around him. He moved into the back seat without saying a word. Seating himself, blade gripped right, the black ooze sliding off it down on to the floor of the car. He leaned back, as comfortable as he could. The words left his lips before he fell asleep from the exhaustion.

"Head to the History Building on upper campus... I have some things that can help us..."

The world faded to black, voices, smells, sights all gone. He was alone now in his minds eye. The shadowy figure dances around him. Has he lost his mind. Is this the reality of his life now. To mercilessly slaughter these beings with no remorse, no reaction, not a single care in the world. His arms felt weak, but his grip would not leave the blade, as if it was his only hold to reality. His breaths grew long and deep. Rest slowly started to reach him as the voice danced back into the for front.

"Do you doubt yourself? How many have you killed before they killed you at this point? You saved their lives. They live by you grace. Without you many of them would crumble."

No, what the hell is it talking about. We are all alive because we are working together. Without them i'd have passed out on the road or in a random building. He'd die if he wasn't safe for this short moment so he could rest.

"If they had not needed help, you'd not have to expended so much energy... Your weakness is your desire to help them. They will be the death of you. They will not protect you."

In his slumber, his grip tightens on his blade, his jaw looks to clench. The darkness dances around him more. He stands against it, striving to remain cool and collective. He will not lose himself in this, he will not lose his humanity. Laughter echos in his mind as the words, "It is already long lost" drift in around him from every direction. He slashes at the shadows, his blade glowing a brilliant bright light. So long as he can fight, he can protect them. So long as he can protect them, his humanity is his to hold.

"Go ahead and believe that. Whatever you want to tell yourself. When the time comes, when betrayals surround you. I will give you no choice. I will take control. I will not let you kill us..."

The voice fades again, no more words for now. His rest continues, all he can hear is the sound of voices, the engine, and the slight vibration of movement. He must rest, they will need him. Rest while he can...

• Love
Reactions: CrookedAngel
Hector swipes his sword in the air allowing as much of the black ooze to fling off as possible. He then sheaths his blade as he walks towards the cruiser, knowing his best chance is to stick with this group of random strangers. He walks to the front passenger seat of the cruiser and waits for the officer to come unlock the doors. His name was Chad wasn't it? He knew now was not the time to worry about remembering names. He must simply adapt to the changes and get used to it. Overcome the challenges of new people and move forward.

First they needed to survive. To find a safe place to rest and to figure out a plan from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.