Rescuing the Young(Katherun&Halie)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Really. The clothing you have is n pretty bad shape. We'll replace it in the village. You shouldn't be as hard to fix as I am." Griffin told him. He was careful to give the demon his privacy as he dressed. Once they were both dressed Griffin headed back towards the road and the next village. He hadn't intended to stop here. But they could yet the stop to verify the poachers route which could save them time down the road. He limped as he weld tming down the deer had aggravated the old injury. But he refuse to let that slow him down too much.

As they walked, X began to come back to his senses, and his regular self was starting to come back. He didn't recognize the area around them when he'd fully returned, and he was confused as to why there was blood on his shirt, and why Griffin's clothes were wet. Realization that he'd blacked out hit him hard. "What happened? D-did i- did i-" He paused, "b-black out?" He asked, refusing to acknowledge that he had two separate personalities.

"We finished our hunt. You caught five rabbits. I got blood all over me from the deer. We went to a steam and got cleaned up. We are on our way to get some clothes and verify the poachers route." Griffin explained calmly. Like it was completely normal to have to tell his companion what happened in the last few minutes.

Griffin hadn't really answered his second question, but he was thankful the man told him what'd happened and what was going on. He vaguely remembered being left alone while Griffin went to hunt; he remembered that he was supposed to catch something of his own. But he didn't remember the rabbits, or Griffin taking down a deer. And he certainly didn't know how many five was. Couldn't have been a lot. At the mention of getting washed up, X blushed out of embarrassment. He didn't remember anything he'd done, and it bothered him. "... I... I didn't do anything-- anything embarrassing, did I?"

"No X. You conducted yourself properly." Griffin assured him. Hecwas worried about X. The man wasn't the mist stable companion he could have choaen. Still he couldn't exactly go back. Besides X seemed to be a fast learner when given a chance. He had a lot to learn but Griffin didn't mind. In away it as like having Sam with him. His son was young and just beginning to kesrn the ways if the world much like X.

Properly was a vague word, one X didn't like the sound of. What did he mean by properly? "I mean embarrassing to me," He corrected himself. There were things he could've done that, while still behaving, as Griffin put it, X would've found embarrassing. Getting overly excited and babbling about the rabbits, was one such thing.

"I can't think if anything that you should be ashamed of X. You showed me your rabbits told me how you caught them. Washed on the stream." Griffin described. He didn't know what the demon was worried about. "Nothing out of the ordinary really. Just two hunters talking and cleaning up."

The demon was relieved by Griffin's answer, but he desperately wanted to know why he couldn't remember what'd happened. It wasn't like him to randomly forget things like that, especially if nothing particularly traumatic happened before hand. He'd never really gotten excited or happy enough for his other personality to come out, which was why it confused him so badly now. "I wasn't weird?" He asked, "i- I wasn't like a little kid?"

Griffin looked at him over his shoulder. "Yes X you wrmere. Maybe the excitement of success pushed you into the other persona. Or maybe it was just happiness that you had got praise. Or maybe it was the blood. I don't know. It diesng matter. You did fine even if you weren't completely yourself." He didn't this k that the demon would see it the way he did.but he could only tell X what he thought.

Wrong answer. X grew increasingly uncomfortable with every word out of Griffin's mouth. Just the sheer fact alone that he'd acted as a child was embarrassing. Even more so was the idea that him losing his control stemmed from something so little as being praised or getting excited. Blood didn't bother him. He'd seen it too many times before. The demon whined, groaning into his hands. But he didn't argue with the man. Dropped it and let it be, as much as he didn't want to. Their walk to the village was much the same as their walk yesterday, after Griffin had snapped when the demon called his kid stupid.

Griffin didn't mind the silence but he had a feeling that X was using it to tear himself apart. There wasn't a lot that he could do about that unfortunately. So he moved on to things he could do something about. He was tired and sore by the time they reached the village but it was esrly enough to go to the msrkrt for clothes so thats were he headed.

X was tearing himself apart. Left to his own thoughts with nothing to think about as he walked, he was beating himself up. He questioned himself how and why he'd allowed himself to become so broken. He wondered how long he'd been that way, and how childish he was when it happened. X held a sort of morbid curiosity about the subject- he wanted to know everything but yet he wanted to ignore it and live as if nothing was wrong. Inside the village, the demon unconsciously kept closer to Griffin, never straying more than less an arm's length away from the man. There were times where he grabbed onto the strap of his pack to hold onto him. There weren't even that many people about, yet X clung pitifully to the man, fearful of getting separated.

Griffin didn't notice X's distraction as the walked. He did notice how skittish the demon was as they made their was to the village. Most people ignored him. That was one of the advantages of his size. X on the other hand got noticed. Griffin growled several over interested beings way. He took X to the tailor to get the promised clothing. He hooex the new clothes would help X's confidence and make him less noticeable.

Everything about X stuck out like a sore thumb. From his odd stature and the way he carried himself, to his scars and the ragged clothes that covered him. The demon didn't understand- he couldn't wrap his head around- why Griffin seemed to be taking up for him, when anyone passing by happened to stare for more than just a passing glance. The concept was entirely foreign to him, especially when in his eyes, Griffin had no reason whatsoever to be as nice to him as he was. Inside the tailor's shop, X picked up a little confidence, in seeing that there was nobody there to gawk at him.

The taylor hesitated at the sight of X. Griffin was sore, tired and frustrated. "He won't bite. Unless I tell him to.' He stated gruffl. The man's eyes seemed to double in size. Griffin's patience was thin and this man was wearing it thinner. "X the nice taylor is going to message you yo see whsy size you need. Be a good demon and don't eat him OK?"

X turned his head and glared coldy at Griffin. "I'll bite him if I damn well please!" He hissed, growing aggravated with the other. 'Be a good demon.' He said. That pushed his buttons. "I don't eat people." He added on, before taking a step towards the tailor. "I'm not your dog, don't treat me like one." And with that, X handed himself over to the other, begrudgingly accepting the hands wandering over him and the tapes measuring him.

Griffin ran his hand through his hair. He hadn't meant it that way! He had been talking to the stupid human more than the demon. He knew if he didn't keep his mouth shut he would say something he would regret. He watched as the Taylor measured X. Luckily he had a few items that would fit the demon. Griffin paid for three outfits snfd ordered more to be make with the next month. "Change into one of these and letsget some real food."

X dressed himself almost as soon as the clothes were presented to him, and as much as he tried to keep up with the aggravated attitude, he was much too grateful to really keep up the act. The new clothes were so soft and clean, and he felt good. He couldn't quite help but stare at himself in the mirror for a moment afterwards, marvelling over how different he looked. With that, he followed Griffin out the door to their next destination. He still kept close to the man, still unconsciously fearful of separation, and he still held onto the strap of his bag as they walked. "I don't know what you were trying to pull back there." X said when they'd gotten a ways away from the shop. "Saying I wouldn't bite unless you told me to... telling me to be good... I thought you said I was free."

"You are free. I should have said that. But that human kept acting like you were an animal.that was about to bite him. I was talking more to the idiot Taylor rgan you." Griffin explained. "I apologized. I'm tired, sore, and hungry. That tends to make me grouch." He lead them to the market were he nought sausages and chicken.

As much as X didn't like hown Griffin had spoke about or to him in the shop, the more he thought about it,he felt a little guilty for getting mad at him for trying to help. Still, he didn't apologize for getting aggravated. He was quiet in the market place, and twice as shy. Fewer people batted an eye at him, but it was crowded and made him feel ill at ease. A big chunk of him feared that if he didn't keep as close to Griffin as possible, he would get taken back and put up for sale again as a slave. He didn't have the excuse that he belonged to Griffin, and that frightened him, despite knowing the man wouldn't simply let him go without a fight.

Away from the market place, X finally backed off and spoke up. "Everything in your bag needs cooked. It's going to rot." He could already begin to smell it, what with how it'd all warmed up in the bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.