Remnants of the World

"That doesn't matter, why did you vote for the elf?" The man's eyes darted between the elf and the dwarf. "What about you dwarf you have said nothing." The woman dwarf, rather uncommon within the city. It's like a four leaf clover among three leaf clovers. "I did nothing." The man walked toward the dwarf and picked her up by the back of the collar. "Tell us dwarf!"

Kieara got up and moved over takinig her out of his grasp. "You'll not harass her like that." She knew she was getting in deeper than she expected. She couldn't sit idly though and watch soomeone be harassed. "We never cheated you out of your money, it isn't that much considering that this district probably makes that much in currency in a day." She said.

The man dropped the dwarf on it's seat then turned to her. He pulled his hood off and looked at her with his eyes. His bald head had one distinctive feature, and that was the dots that formed a triangle. He folded his hands and walked over to Kieara. With a swift move he slapped her across the face. "Don't talk back to me wench, you are in as much trouble as these two." He walked back and kicked the dwarf's chair over. "Damnit, you all know something I don't. Now, if you don't say anything I will have to report you all to the prince. The dwarf and elf shuddered as he said this.

Kieara knew she was going to regret this, but she was tired of these thugs. She turned to the dwarf and elf. "If you wnat to go home, then I suggest when I do this, you go." She said. She put her hands together rubbing them for a second then turned her palms to face the man and bright streams of purple light shot from them and grabbed the mans hands and feet and held him to the ground. She moved to the door and put up a barrier blocking the path to safety for them, but she couldn't hold it long. "Go!"

The elf and dwarf booked it out of the door while the man was blinded by the purple light. As you started to make a run for it you felt a hand on her shoulder. The man had quickly recovered from the attack and looked her in the eyes. The three dots that formed a triangle began to glow a faint gold. Slowly he whispers some words and her body slowly became paralyzed. "Damnit, I thought my counter would work. I guess your friend got away girly." The man shut his eyes and slowly she fell asleep.

She awoke in a small bed with chains on her wrists. It was an average cell with another man in there. He moved around a bit until he turned to you. "You won't be here long..."

Kieara gasped as she was grabbed. She looked at the man, but she oculdn't tear her eyes away. She slowly felt like she was becoming a piece of lead. She began to crumble under his spell. She crumpled to the ground in a heap as darkness took her over. When she come to she was laying on a strange bed chained down. She looked around until she jumped hearing a voice and looked at it. "I....What?" she asked. "Why?"

"Magic users don't stay long. They are either dissected or eaten by the dogs. I've been here for ten years, forty or so mages have gone through here." He gave a short chuckle and crawled over toward her. "Sometimes they feed me the left overs." This guy was obviously nuts, like ten years in here was probably an understatement. As the man walked toward her he stopped and ran to the wall putting his hands behind his back. "They're coming you better do what they say." He licked his lips as he watched you.

Kieara watched the man. She felt fear slowly seep into her veins as he spoke like a slow acting poison. She felt her eyes widen and then when she was about to scream he bolted away from her. She felt a slight relief, but it was short lived when she heard that he said they were coming. She looked to the door of her little cell.

As the lantern came to the door you could see the man that had arrested her. As you looked around she could now see some distinct features of the cell. There were many bones laying around and a couple of name tags. On the other prisoner's name tag, that was actually alive, was the name Zingo Nara. He had a very dark complexion and you could see his ribs. "I hope you let me eat this time master." The man shook his head and looked at the girl. "You are coming with me, the prince wants to see you."

Kieara felt so bad for him. What could he have possibly done to deserve this? She looked to the captain. "Please.....feed him please?" she begged him as she was hauled out. "What does the prince want with me?" She asked. She'd expected instant execution.

The man looked at the prisoner and began to laugh. "Then we will feed him the left over. Now, come with me." He brought a small rope with a hole in it. "The prince will do what he wants with you today, and if he likes you, you won't die." The man moved toward her and unchained her. "If you try to escape you will not be able to see the light of day." He tied the rope around her and pulled her up. They began walking until they came to a small room. The door to the room was wooden but had a white sign painted on it. Was it a ward or an incantation? He brought her in and she saw a small waiting room with a man reading a book.

The man you looked was very beautiful indeed. He was like one of those guys you read in those fairy tale books.
Like this if you will:
images

He sat there reading a book then looked up at the man. This man was obvious of some high stature but was he the prince? If he was the prince no wonder no one got to see him. They would literally swarm him and try to murder him for his skin. Not literally of course. The supposed prince nodded to the man and he untied the rope from her neck and let her into the room. As she stepped in she could feel that something was trapping her. It was possible that this room had a magical ward, but not strong enough to break her curse. He stood up from his seat and grabbed her hand pulling her to sit down on the bench he was sitting on. "God you smell, you'll need a bath right away." Just from that comment she knew where this was going. The pompous tone that he had given made it obvious that he was that way. "First off I need you to do something. Name, age, race, and a small background."

Kieara glared. "Well your prisons aren't nessecarily the luxury life with all those corpses laying about and crazed starving men in there who've probably done nothing to deserve their punishment." She said as she was yanked onto the bench. She growled a bit and spoke. He hadn't put it into order form. She was able to retort for now. "Fuck, you, you, damn, bastard, and go to hell." she said in the same manner that he'd spoken to her and rose off the bench. "I'll stand thank you." She said to him. Her cloak hadn't been confenscated. So it covered her porcelin skin with the three star marks and her auburn hair.

The man stood up. "Fine we'll do it your way. I'm Prince Oliver Baruk Holford, the third generation of this kingdom. My father has ruled for over fifty years, and his father before him, and so on and so forth. Our city is a great place with many advances and will soon outdo our enemy in battle as well as everything else. Now let me teach you the rules." Swiftly, he back handed her making her fall into the chair. "First off address me as prince, secondly you must always stay lower than me. The kings and princes are strong, so we must be tall. Lastly, you will do what I say. Obviously manners are in accord in this castle so do so. Otherwise if you do well today you won't die."

The prince sat down and put his hand on hers. "Now first off I want you to bathe me."

Her pendant glowed brightly at all the sudden orders being barked at her. She felt hot rage building inside her being from being told what to do, as well as her cheek for being slapped. Her hood flew off as he did revealing her nearly glowing eyes and other oddities. She glared harshly at him with her sky colored eyes. She wasn't happy at all. And she'd rather take death than do this pompous fools bidding. She spoke. "Like hell I will prince." She said mockingly. She may have had to call him that, but he didn't specify how she had to say it, so the word released from her was coated in a thick poisonous venom in her voice.

The prince breathed slowly through his nose. "Then I guess we may not have you long. Peter will have a word with you later. The bath will occur later then. Your second task would be cleaning my room. That is what you will be doing. Wall down the hallway, turn to the right, past the courtyard, then head up the spiral stair case. There you will find my chambers. I assume Marris has already started her work." Oliver stood up and walked out. "Get to work."

Kiearas pendant glowed again feeling like a ball of fire around her throat. She glared daggers at the prince. If looks could kill he'd be dead. She tried to use her powers on him but it failed to work. She growled softly at that and soon enough the curse forced her to take his directions up to his room. But no. She wasn't cleaning that sorry son of a bitches room by hand, she was going to use her power wanting nothing to do with him in the least.

After the prince left Peter entered the room with something other than the rope he had before. He brought in the chains he had before in the cell. "If you don't do what the prince says you we will have problems. He walked over to her and stood in front of her waiting for her response.

Kieara spoke. "Then I guess we'll have problems." She said still continuing what she was doing. After all, she was obeying, he didn't say how she had to do something. He only said that she had to do it. That was the extent of her freedom under this curse, but at least she had that much.

The man pulled her up by the collar and began walking back to her cell. It looked like her punishment was just going to be her thrown into the cell. As she saw the cell the man took a sharp right and knocked on the door in front of him. The door opened and many patrons were gutted, ripped apart, and cut in half. He walked her in and sat her down on a bench that was stained with blood. "Are you sure about this?"

Kieara was fine until they turned and she saw the room. It caused every trace of blood to leave her pretty face. She blinked as she looked around horrors of the pain that these poor people suffered running through her mind. As he sat her in a chair that was wet with blood not her own, she glared up at him defiantly. "Kill me if you dare." She said to him.