Remnants of the World

"My sister will have to deal with you." Peter snapped his fingers and a woman in a green cloak came in. Her cloak was stained with blood and covered with bits of human. The stench became more and more eminent as she walked toward Peter. As she walked you could tell that she had some sort of limp or was staggering. The question was, was she normal? Her head turned to Peter and she kissed him. Peter walked out then locked the door. Then it was just you and her. It looked as if you could over power her and get away. Her head lifted up slowly, and it wasn't pretty.

Her face was the worst, and eye was missing and there was many scars. Parts of her face were stitched together. Slowly he threw off her cloak and it revealed at black suit with many cuts in it. It looked as if her breasts may have been cut off and a part of her leg. Some of her body was covered in metal and twine. She was almost like a construct but still had some sort of human mind. "You will obey." She went to the wood burning stove and took a hot blade from it. Once she grabbed your hand you felt the immense strength that she had within her. "Obey, or you will become like me.."

Keiara glared. She was goin to try to be defiant, but then she ordered her to obey. She had no choice. The pendant glowed and another order was programmed. "I....will obey...." She said painfully to her. the words were forced from her mouth and felt foreign, as if she hadn't put them there, which she hadn't. She looked down. Was this what her life was going to be comprised of? Obeying a pompous fool and never being able to get her curse lifted? To live out the rest of her days in solitude and finally slip into madness?

The woman pulled up her shirt sleeve and put the hot iron on her arm. The woman hissed as she put it on her arm. It was like she was enjoying it."This is what you get if you don't submit." She lifted the hot iron from her arm and walked over to the rack and started picking out another weapon.

Kieara just wanted out of here. she stared down at the blood soaked floor silently. She had lost all hope in this. With this stupid curse, it was impossible to escape here now. She'd never get away, she'd always be doomed to be the prince's slave, and there was no point in trying anymore. She'd been broken.

The evil woman pilled a whips from the rack and went behind her. "You serve the king now, you must submit." She whipped her once then she paused as the door was knocked on. Peter entered again and pointed to the door. She quickly grabbed her things and ran out of the room. "So I hope you have learned for lesson, because the Prince require all of his maids in their chambers. Your chamber is obviously the jail." He took her then put her in the jail. Zingo didn't seem to be present in her cell for some reason. Where had he gone?

Keiara gasped as the whip ripped at her flesh. She felt the sting then blood trickle down her back. She looked up as she saw Peter at the door. When he came in and got her, she was thankful but at the same time she wasn't. Anywhere was better than being chained down in that cell, but this was horrible too. She looked around seeing Zingo missing. "W....Where's Zingo?"

You hear the cackles of Peter as he walks away. As she looked around she saw as small corpse laying in the room. Was it Zingo? Slowly she approached it and she could hear breathing from the corpse. It slowly got up and turned to her. Zingo was covered in blood and guts from his meal, which was some sort of living thing. He licked his lips then slowly moved over toward her with his hands outstretched.

Kieara watched Zingo and screamed when he approached her and backed away. She backed into a corner terrified. She wasn't going to be eaten. She let her hands glow purple and put up a barrier around herself.

Zingo pulled back as he saw the light surround her. "You are a mage, me no harm." Zingo pulled back to the other corner and took a small book out from under a pile of stones. For a moment he looked at her then back at the book. It seemed like he was trying to decipher something. "Mirinai Foscu." The words seems to roll off of his tongue as he spoke them. Kieara recognized something in these words. Something out of a dream or an old memory. As the light bulb clicked in her head she realized, it was magic.

After Zingo said these words his body became encased with stone. Once his whole body was consumed by stone he sat down and put his hands to his knees. The reason he was in here was because he was a mage, which means that this wasn't a normal jail cell.

Kieara saw this and dropped her barrier. She wasn't so afraid of the boy now. She slowly walked over and crouched in front of him. "You don't deserve to be in here either.....do you?" She asked. She made a silent vow then that before she'd get out of here, alive or not, she'd make sure that Zingo made it out safely before her.

Zingo shuttered as she slowly approached him. "Don't come near me, you are strong." Zingo turned and saw that she was gentle, so he got up and let his protection spell dissipate. He stood up and looked at her. "My name is not Zingo, an Elf named me that. It means human eater. The true name I was given is Richard. My full name is Richard Nara." He slightly bowed to her then sat down. "You'll die soon, the only reason they have kept me alive is because I can't cast spells as well as I used to."

Kieara stayed where she was. "I'm not going to hurt you." she said and when he stood, she did too. She listened to him. He seemed a lot more sane now. "Richard." She said and let it slip off her tongue. "Well, i'm Kieara." she said. "My power comes from an ancient wizard....An ancient wizard who cursed me." She said. She could say she was cursed, but no more about it. She spoke to him. "I don't know if I will or not. The prince has taken a liking to me apparently." She say by him. "I'll get you out of here, one way or another, you'll go out of here before I will."

"Kieara is a nice name, just call me Zingo everyone calls me that." Zingo moved across the room and sat on a small blanket. "I don't think we'll make it out of here soon, I've been here for ten years. The only way you'll be able to get out of here is if the Prince decides that you are fit to leave, or you are going to die." Zingo laid back against the wall and looked up at her. He grasped the book in his hand and ran his finger across the spine."I'm not sure what to do with this book anymore. The stone spell is the only one I have retained. I think I may give it to you."

Kieara spoke. "I could help you learn again. Your magic becomes stronger with practice." She said to him and smiled. "But we'll have to do it in secret." she said to him and sat beside him. She spoke. "I think I will call you Richard, that sounds more friendly." She spoke to him. "So what's your story?" She asked him knowing she wouldn't be back out of there tonight.

Richard looked at the ground and shook his head. Kieara could tell that he had gone through much in her past. "I was a mage, a very powerful one at that. I spent my life perfecting the art of Transmutation with many of my other colleges. We lived in the kingdom that wars with Hulimar, I can see it now. All of my friends and family were there. I'm not sure why I left. It was all going great until the day of the conference. There were eight of us in total. We joined in conference every elven year or so. They had sent me to do something, and now I can't remember." He looked around the room as if he was looking for something. "Now I am here."

Kieara listened to Richard's sad story, and having sunk down beside him, she frowned. She took an arm and put it around his shoulders in a type of show that he wasn't alone, that he had a friend. "You poor thing." She said to him softly and placed her other hand on his leg patting it. "We'll get you back in tip top shape. No one will ever know." she said winking one of her bright blue, seemingly glowing eyes.

"It's different for my lady. For us mages of the council we learn spells differently from normal mages who can cast from which ever school they want. The only way I am to retain my power is to gain it from a Hearth Shard. In some places magic can be found in it's purest form, but it is rare. Most mages who try to find shards like it either die in the process or never find it." Richard ran his fingers over the back of his neck not knowing what to do. "The only way to get my magic is if we break out of here."

Kieara listened and spoke. "I see......." She didn't know if she could do that. Not and both of them survive. She frowned and went into a deep thought process. She rubbed her arms in the cold cell and spoke. "One day.....One day we will Richard, but today i'm not strong enough." She said.

"If you can promise me that, then I will trust you." Richard stood up and pulled out some flint and steel from a small crack in the wall. It had always been dark in the room but if he had a fire going it'd help her sight. As he struck the steel against the flint the room light up. Slowly, the fire began burning and now Kieara could see. There was a bed and plenty of rocks, which made the room seem smaller than it was. In some of the corners there were some bones and pieces of clothing, there is where Richard must have feasted. "Tell me of yourself, my dear Kieara."

Kieara looked around her dreary excuse of a home now, and spoke. "Well....I wasn't always a mage, I wasn't born one." she said to him. She sat and told him of her life before, then explained how she was cursed and that she'd been searchign for the breaker but had never found it and how that had stuck her here.