Realm of Garrn: The Call of Adventure (OoC and Sign-Ups) OPEN FOR NEW PLAYERS!

Reveal yer'self, hero!

6a00cdf7e97ab3094f00d41417e204685e.jpg

What be yer name, Stranger?: Derther Fiske

Be you a lad or a lass?
(Gender): Male
What be yer lineage? (Race): Draconian

What be yer area of expertise? (Class): Primary: Paladin Secondary: Elemental Magician

Axe or Sword? (Preferred Weapons): Battle Axe

Adventurer's Kit Contents (Starting Inventory):
  • Small map of Garrn
  • His battle axe
  • A lamp with oil on the side
  • Warm clothing
What be yer talents? (Abilities/Skills): Leading, Axemanship, Tactics

Know ye any spells?
(Magic): Small fireball: Able to create a small light source, and occasionally throw it as an offensive spell

Tell me yer tale, an' I'll listen:

Derther was a blacksmith's son. At an early age, he learned how to create weapons an armor. He choose an axe, because it could be used for many things. His father made weapons, and armor for their town. It was a very ordinary life, for a blacksmiths son. Eventually, since he had nothign to do with his axe, he decided to ask swordsman to teach him how to wield the axe. Being a swordsman, he wasn't too good with an axe, but managed to teach Derter a couple things. Turns out, Derther was amazing at using his weapon.

One day, a group of highly skilled people came in and burned his town. He tried to fight them, but they were too strong. They overwhelmed the towns armed forces. He was forced to see every single one of the towns citizens get slowly burned by the fire. When he couldn't take it anymore, he ran away from his town, desperate to find a new place for them to settle

Is there more to yer tale? (Other): None

Reveal yer'self, hero!
goblin_herbalist_by_natentaylor-d6qzuhe.jpg

What be yer name, Stranger?
Dirk Grenkle
Be you a lad or a lass?
Laddie
What be yer lineage?
Goblin
What be yer area of expertise?
Scout
Spell Blade

Axe or Sword?
. Shovel, always a fan of unconventional weapons, Dirk uses a shovel to catch enemies off guard
. Bombs, explosions, simple pleasures for a goblin
. Shiny Silver Pistol (The pistol is completely empty, but who's telling?)
Adventurer's Kit Contents
1. Bag of pepper powder2. Bombs~!
3. Bag of colored sand
4. Shiny Silver Pistol
5. Flower shaped ring
What be yer talents?
Race-
Goblin: Con, Espionage, Explosives, Lying, Pickpocket

Class-
Scout: Sneak, Lockpicking, Lip Reading
Spell Blade: Singing, Music Appreciation, Cooking

Chosen-. Dash: The ability to perform marvellous feats of physical prowess.
. Engrace: The ability to move with grace and style
. Goad: The ability to force another into action by insults. The course of the action is not in the goader's control
. Intimidate: The ability to bluff and deceive others as to one's true strength
. Melee: The ability to efficiently use bashing weapons in combat
. Throw: The exceptional ability to . . . throw things well
. React: The ability to avoid a bad situation using physical reflexes
Know ye any spells?
Infuse-
Dirk infuses chosen object with magical properties fueled by his own energy. He can use this to increase the effectiveness of something, such as cutting power, weight, or durability.
Tell me yer tale, an' I'll listen
Goblin prince to some cave goblin city you've probably never heard of Dirk grew up as royalty. Sheltered underground, and receiving whatever he wanted it was absolutely boring. Growing up underground, Dirk yearned to leave his hometown, explore the world he had been hidden from, and become a famous hero. And as a result, he was always rebellious, ignoring rules and doing what he wanted, knowing he would always have his way. For a time he was content with doing nothing with his life, he had given up on his dream to become a wandering adventurer, and was fine just staying where he was at. Until he was to be forced into a political marriage with a neighboring cities princess, a dwarven girl. The marriage made the cities trade partners, allowing them to share mined resources. But that wasn't important, he wasn't getting married to some girl he had never met! So he booked it out of the underground, and finally made it to the surface.

Being sheltered his whole life, Dirk wasn't at first comfortable with his constantly travelling lifestyle, but he quickly adapted, stealing and lying, building up a small fortune on the road. When he eventually met a girl named, Lina, a shaman. She eventually became his partner in crime, travelling companion, teacher, friend, and his first love. She had managed to teach him how to use magic, and tutored him. They had set up a small travelling shop, pretending to be alchemists and selling their "potions" for the highest bidder. And before the people they scammed found out, they were already on their way to the next town. They travelled for a year together and had amassed a fortune, until one of their former customers caught on to the ruse. He happened to be a leader of a ragtag group of bandits and had purchased a large shipment of their fake potions. He managed to catch up to the couple before they could leave, and brought his gang with them. Realizing how ritch they were, the bandit leader decided to kill them for their gold. Before he could stop it, Lina was stabbed and he went berserk. Grabbing the nearest thing, a shovel, he killed each and every last one of the bandits. But to no avail, Lina had died, with only the words, " You can do so much, so do this for me, be the hero you've always wanted to.", giving him the only thing she had left on her, her ring. Now 6 months later Dirk finds himself lodged in an inn, in the town of Vestial.
Is there more to yer tale?
Nope.

(Tell me if there's anything that needs to be changed.)

Both accepted!

Apologies for the short post, but I'm trying to get everyone to the Tavern so the quest can begin.

@Sora1297 were you talking about my character in your last post? If so do you want me to delete my last post so that Ren is still at the tavern, just so that things run a bit smoother?

No, I was referring to an NPC character.

There's a few people at the Inn who are going to help push forwards the story.

Alright just wondering.

Sorry I haven't posted in here for awhile. I was planning on just having Rysear awaken at the inn (seeing as he's being carried there anyway). That way you can get to the plot faster.

Makes sense, bear with me while I try to manoeuvre my way around this writers block I am experiencing. Sorry X3

What happened to the others? It can't just be three people who reached the tavern!

I guess the others standing around just stay there forever. We four in the town are heading for the tavern.

:(

Oh well, guess they'll come back if they're not busy. I'll send out reminders just in case.

I was thinking of waiting for them, but I wasn't sure whether they were waiting for me to do something or not :/

And before you ask, no, Seneschal and Elsys are not doing anything scurrilous or dirty behind the scenes.

OY! Save that kind of behaviour for the trip! Its a long time out there and you need to release some stress on a trip! AT LEAST WAIT UNTIL WE'RE AT THE INN FOR GOD'S SAKE!

:3 Teehee

There's no way I can put this that will simultaneously avoid spoilers and doesn't sound dirty so whatever

Seneschal is going to turn into Josiah Fulmin for Elsys but he couldn't do it in public because people might get scared.

Ooooh, okay I get it now. Sorry for the semi-rude joke earlier ^^;

Last edited:
Didn't mean to seem grouchy, you have your fun, no skin off my back. The tone I was going for was "comically exasperated"