Realm of Garrn: The Call of Adventure (OoC and Sign-Ups) OPEN FOR NEW PLAYERS!

Sweet! I'll either post tomorrow or the day after as a friend has suddenly asked to stay at my place because he has nowhere else to go tonight. :/

*casually machinates another character (or two)*

Just so you know, I'll be on vacation from June 21st to the 27th. I'm going to be in the middle of the woods, so internet will be kinda hard to come by. I'll try and keep up with my posts, but if I don't you'll know why. I realize I probably should have given you a bit more of a warning, but to be honest I almost forgot to post this altogether (whoops). So here's your very late notice. Sorry! ^_^;

Reveal yer'self, hero!:
Sinbad_by_elpinoy.jpg

What be yer name, Stranger?: Niasus "Seneschal" Julianus

Be you a lad or a lass?: Male

What be yer lineage?: Human Emperor Vampire

What be yer area of expertise?: Warlord(Fighter)/Dual Wield(Ranger)

Axe or Sword?: Sabre/Rapier/Scimitar/Yataghan/Broadsword and Dagger, or dual wielded axes, with Powder Cases (bombs)
Senschal's right as an Emperor Vampire is the experience and style of his victims. He can use any number of weapons, each with a different style, but prefers one-handed weapons.
With a sword other than a Rapier, Yataghan, or Broadsword, and a Dagger, he has an ethnic style typical of adventurers hailing from the desert. He has many trick techniques and feints, which create openings for him to exploit.
With a Rapier and Dagger, Niasus uses an expert fencing stance with the dagger off-hand for a constant guard - an idea one of his victims had before he died.
With a Yataghan and Dagger, Niasus has a very heavy style focusing on getting the most out of each cut, dealing deep wounds and clean incisions. He may on occasion switch the sword to backhand and fight like a Rogue.
With a Broadsword and Dagger, Niasus uses a technical but unmartial style taken from soldiers slain on the battlefield. It is smart, but depends on the enemy using a heavier weapon or not using as much skill.
When dual wielding axes, Niasus focuses on force and is often left recovering from the weight of his strikes. He is very open, but he is fast enough to not give the enemy the chance to fight him.
Powder Cases are explosives Niasus discovered from one of his victims in the desert. A careful combination of materials leads to a blast likely to kill most unarmored foes.

Adventurer's Kit Contents:
  • One sabre which has served him well on his journey
  • One kris dagger entrusted to him at a young age
  • Three Powder Cases (Two terra cotta, one fake sheathe)
  • A bottle of blood wine brewed by a very affluent family of vampires
  • One tent to protect him from the sun
  • Materials to make more Powder Cases

What be yer talents?:
Race skills
Alchemy, Bartering, Bribery, Cooking, Farming

Class skills
Brawling, Melee Weapons, Fast-Draw, Archery, Hunting, Hawking

Personal skills
  • Blade - Most of his victims are swordsmen.
  • Charm - Any good vampire, especially an Emperor Vampire, is blessed with the ability to charm their acquaintences.
  • Etiquette - Emperor Vampires are held to a set of rules valued in modern society. Every victim must be willing or aggressive, and every victim must die afterwards.
  • Impersonation - Emperor Vampires are able to change their forms into any previous victim for a short time.
  • Occult Lore - A vast knowledge of his kind can be recited at any time on a whim. He's happy to share.
  • Traps, Combat - The strategists he has drank from had vast knowledge of ambushing and combat traps

Know ye any spells?:
Emperor Vampires can transform into any of their previous victims for a short time - approximately one hour with a four hour cooldown.
Being undead, Emperor Vampires can come back from the dead unless slain with a silver weapon or mutilated in such a way that they will be unable (or unwilling) to live. An Emperor Vampire can also die by breaking the Emperor Guidelines.

Tell me yer tale, an' I'll listen: After a few decades of being an Emperor Vampire, you forget which memories are yours and which are your victims. I come from the deserts, that's for certain. Trying to decypher these memories is hard, though. I'm an Emperor Vampire. Emperor Vampires are very polite and well-mannered. They can be warriors, tacticians, or simply laborers in towns. Some look at us with fear, some admiration, and some ambivalence. We are all good people. We may only drink the blood of those who let us, or those who attack us. We must uphold a standard of etiquette suitable of adventuring nobles. We must adhere to this code or die. Breaking the code means we expire, regardless of whether or not there are witnesses. The Emperor Guidelines are necessary to our survival. We have advantages to our blood, though.

But actually I'm here on the dying wish of a victim from a few years ago. He was bleeding out from a gunshot wound that barely missed his brain. A lightning draconian. He was an astounding fencer. But aside from his wish, I also crave adventure. I would like a party to travel with, hopefully a caravan, since I have a hard time fighting during the day. But as it were, I should enjoy myself since I'm here. Do you think you could help me? I'm looking for a pi-no, a sailor. Salty lass, blonde hair, square jaw. Name of Elsys. My victim wanted her to see him one last time. I figure she'd be a good partner to have, and she'd be happy to stick around. Apparently they were in love.

Is there more to yer tale?: Emperor Vampires were described in Seneschal's tale. He is 208 years old and has had 1,786 victims, mostly hostile combatants.
Reveal yer'self, hero!:
nausicaa_by_shiramune-d4qdt6h.jpg

What be yer name, Stranger?: Thana "Machina" Andraste (Goes by "Deus Ex Machina" or just "Machina")

Be you a lad or a lass?: Female

What be yer lineage?: Night Elf/Dwarf Halfling

What be yer area of expertise?: Alchemist(Rare)/Scout(Rogue)

Axe or Sword?: Dagger and "Machina Minions" with optional chain-action pistol
Thana uses a dagger almost exclusively, but she uses heavy combat support from ready-to-make machines she calls "Machina Minions" which use magic and machine functions to help her in battle. As opposed to weaponry grade, Thana gets better Machina Minions when she has higher grade metals in her kit. Due to the magical draw of Machina Minions, most of them do not last longer than a single battle, and having a lot of Machina Minions on the field uses such a magical draw that her vision gets impaired, making her more reliant on them. This disables her sensory skills, making her vulnerable. Thana can also use a chain-action pistol if she can make or get her hands on one. There are many different kinds she can find, purchase, or invent, including a machine gun, a shotgun, and a marksman's pistol.

Adventurer's Kit Contents:
  • Blowtorch to create Machina Minions and other inventions (actually a conduit for fire magic)
  • A crystal dagger from her home cavern
  • A simple rebreather used to filter dust from the air
  • Miner's goggles
  • Scrap iron to create Machina Minions
  • A book of schematics used to create Machina Minions and other inventions (she calls it The Database)

What be yer talents?:
Race Skills
Mountaineering, Appraisal, Boozing, Battle-Ready, Heavy Weapons, Seduction, Astronomy, Torture, Toxiculture, Survival

Class Skills
Singing, Music Appreciation, Cooking, Sneak, Lockpicking, Lip Reading

Personal Skills
  • Analysis - Thana is incredibly intelligent and an incredibly quick learner. In layman's terms, she's the type to buy something from IKEA and put it together correctly without looking at the instructions.
  • Artifact Lore - Part of how she became a machinist, Thana is open to the field of archaeology and has even made various breakthroughs in the field from when she was a miner, and is respected in the archaeological community.
  • Carpentry - Not at all one to leave the labor to men, Thana is a wonderful carpenter with years of experience living with dwarves.
  • Massage - Thana's calloused hands are great for relieving pressure from another person's body. A massage from her guarantees a looser back and better magical abilities, since she can free up one's mana channels.
  • Mining - Being half dwarf, Thana is an experienced miner. She's not particularly fond of the trade, however.
  • Trapcraft - Related to her experience with mechanics, Thana can create complex traps among other things. She mostly just makes Machina Minions though.

Know ye any spells?:
Thana is experienced with fire magic, since Dwarvish mages from her home cavern use fire magic anyway. She uses conduits like her "blowtorch" to put her fire magic to constructive use.
Thana is also able to send out Machina Minions by using magic as a way to give them something resembling intelligence. This can be best considered Imagination magic.

Tell me yer tale, an' I'll listen:
I'm not really all that common of a story. My mother was a dwarf, my father was a night elf. The Dwarvish village in the cavern I was born in was allied with my father's village. After I was born, the two villages had trouble in their alliance, but apparently I kinda bound 'em together. While other people might look down on me, my family taught me to be proud of my heritage. I took mostly after my Dwarven side, the only parts of me that are Night Elvish are my height and magical aptitude.

I was raised as a dwarf and worked alongside my mother's brothers in the mines. I don't think they liked having a woman who was taller than them working beside them. I noticed some artifacts lying around and asked that they dig around any they find and be careful. That was my first foray into archaeology - and machination. I helped, of course, but when they had a big find, I'd spend my time examining the discoveries and implementing ancient tech. I made the first magic machination since the fall of the ancients, and everybody was astounded. They asked me to make more and then my vision got blurry, kinda like I went on a binge and I was almost at the bottom of my bottle.

I started submitting archaeological findings to the College of Archaeology after that, and was commended on multiple occasions. I put my cavern, father's village, and halfings on the map. My intelligence was valuable. After awhile I started making machines to help with the mining effort and I discovered that the vision thing was the only real downside to the whole thing. I could put out as many machines as I wanted if I was willing to go blind while I did so. But, that gets scary after awhile. I couldn't stand to do it forever. I was able to help through my magics, though, and that made me happy.

Eventually I decided to leave. I wanted to get out of the caves, so I made a few things to help them out and left after saying goodbye to my parents. It was time for me to leave. I went out as a a simple traveler. I wanted nothing more than to beat the paths until the end of time. When I needed money, I took up mercenary work and the occasional bout of espionage. My machines kept me on my feet as I could use them in a fight to back me up.

A few inventions later and here I am, selling my services as a mercenary and looking to have some fun before I set out on my next job.

Is there more to yer tale?: Thana hasn't revealed her name to anyone other than her family and former community since she left. She simply goes by Deus Ex Machina and prefers people call her Machina if they want something shorter.

Tbh I'm more excited about playing Machina because wow what a cutie

Last edited:
Accepted! I'll try to post today

Hey, where is everyone?

I was waiting for Shizuka and Craos, and they are probably waiting on Liam van Alkema. In general I think people were waiting for you to post.

I'll most likely get a post up tomorrow, things have finally slowed down enough for me to relax and post constantly again

I am back. I went on a trip and had a lot of work waiting for me upon return.

It might take a week before I can post again. The time of year is relevant. Since my character was last-posted heading toward the town and had not interacted with anyone, I hope I can get away with a prolonged absence. She can always catch up later.

Last edited:
I generally stick to the one post per round rule. It is something that has been ingrained in me from my experiences on other RP sites. So I was waiting for Sora to post to start the next round. However, if it's easier on the group to just post whenever, I will try to post more frequently.

Just so you guys know, I'll be taking a trip to visit relatives from the 6th to the 9th and I have no idea whether I'll be able to get internet access. I'm sure I'll sort something out, but if I don't then you know why I'm not posting.

I'll most likely get a post up tomorrow, things have finally slowed down enough for me to relax and post constantly again
That was on Sunday.

It is now Thursday.

Son

Sorry, other group RP's got in the way. Tonight will be it. Does somebody mind giving me a brief recap of what's going on right now? I know Icarus fell, but I haven't been getting notifications for this for some reason.

Since you're last post: Janus wandered into town, Rossarinya stumbled upon Rysear and is trying to get him to wake up, Icarus was about to enter the town but heard Rossarinya and is investigating, Ren wandered out of an alley near Icarus and Rossarinya and is just waiting to hear what Rossarinya has to say, and Thana (or Deus Ex Machina) entered town and just tapped your character on the shoulder.

And I don't know what I'm going to do with Seneschal yet, haven't implemented him.

Sorry, other group RP's got in the way. Tonight will be it. Does somebody mind giving me a brief recap of what's going on right now? I know Icarus fell, but I haven't been getting notifications for this for some reason.
Son

;-;

I don't know how to apologize to you guys.

My schedules been crazy and all the replies for group RP's I've been hoping to get out have been delayed. I'm out all day today, but I'll try to get something up soon. I'm really sorry guys, just give me a little more time and I appreciate your patience up until this point

Reactions: 2 people
Thanks for letting us know how things are going down, dude, but please try to live up to your word on this stuff, man. I have a lot of patience and I'm being comical when I reprimand you, but not everyone is as patient and they may go away or get angry.

I believe so, I haven't heard much of anything about the sign ups being closed.