Realistic Wolf Roleplay

Ivy twitched her ear, hiding the amusement. She thought it was rather, well, cute that the pup thought he could fend for himself. He could fend for himself of course, he has done well so far, but what she meant was she was in the mood for hunting something that would be too much for him. Licking her brothers ear, she whispered to him. "Lets look for something small. Like a fawn?" She suggested before turning to Ceres. Ivy seemed to soften slightly towards the young pup. "Common, lets go look for some food."

Frost even chuckled to himself at the pup, but nodded in agreement with Ivy. Besides, he went after a baby deer for his first pack hunt himself. Sure, he was clumsy at it his first try, but he enjoyed the thought of being in a pack powerful enough to take on something bigger than they were. "Sounds great. Im sure I saw a trail for a family of deer yesterday afternoon. They can't be far."

Ceres attempted to follow alongside the she-wolf. Hopping along in order to keep pace. As they went along he would throw himself into the bushes near the trail attempting to scare something out, yipping and barking as loud as he could, "Come out of there!"

Shayde, who had followed the others closely, swatted at Ceres playfully with her right paw. "Hush, now. We'll never find much if you scare it all away. Try it this way," She lowered her nose to the ground, and found a scent path before long. It was just a rabbit, but it would serve it's purpose as a teaching aide and warm up. "Right here, smell that?" She gestured for the young wolf to come investigate for himself.

Frost glances back at Shayde and Ceres as she helped him. Ivy sniffed the air in search of a deer family, wandering a bit ahead of the others. Frost paused so he could keep an eye on Shayde and Ceres. He already knew if his sister got to far ahead he would be able to find her.

Ceres walked over to Shayde, pouting at first but doing as he was told. Sniffing at the ground she had indicated, his ears perking when he caught the scent. He followed the scent intently.

After a few moments he came to a place where the scent was much more intense. Almost by instinct he lowered himself to the ground. He began to crawl towards where the scent was coming from, suddenly the rabbit sprang from it's hiding place and Ceres took off after it.

"Cut him off, get around in front of him. Quickly!" She instructed, seeing the rabbit angle it's path toward it's burrow in the middle of a thicket. She posed herself to be ready to grab it when it came back her way. He had all the speed of a pup, if he could master using it to control the prey, he'd do excellent helping her and the other adults take down a deer. Even for being young, he could play an important role all his own in a hunt.

Ceres put on an extra jolt of speed hearing Shayde's encouragement. He dipped deep right then swung back left and got in front of the rabbit. Dipping his head as low to the ground as he could, and with that extra boost of adrenaline his eyes went from being those cute puppy eyes to the eyes of a predator. Deep and dark like an abyss. He snarled at the rabbit which turned around and ran back towards Shayde. As the rabbit turned Ceres bolted after it.

"Yes!" She exclaimed, encouraging the youngster. The rabbit seemed to realize she was there just a second too late- it tried to dart to her right but her jaws clamped shut on its spine before it could escape. With an excited growl, the white wolf shook the thing like a rag doll, snapping it's spine and severing the nerves. She dropped it at Ceres's paws, wagging her tail. "You did it, pup! This one's yours. Let's take it back to the others and see if they've located the herd." She licked his ear in congratulations, very proud that he had succeeded. With a grin, tail high, she trotted back to where they had broken away from Frost and Ivy.

Ceres stared at Shayde with a huge shit-eating grin on his face. He puffed out his chest, picked up the rabbits carcass, giving it a good shake of his own, and then proceeded to follow behind his new found teacher, tail wagging with excitement.

Upon reaching the point they had left the others, Ceres dug in to the rabbit and ate heartily. His own spine was still tingling with adrenaline.

When he had finished his meal he looked up at Shayde and waited to see where she wanted him to go next, "That was so much fun can we do it again," Ceres panted.

Last edited by a moderator:
OOC// Yeah, I know this is on the In-character topic, but this is a realistic wolf roleplay, it says so in the title. And technically, aren't those wolves already a pack?
I followed Ivy and Frost from a distance, sniffing around. I was picking up the scent of prey on the wind. Excited, I ran ahead, then slowed down.

Ivy was a ways away, low to the ground. She spotted a mother doe with two young fawns. Her mouth practically watered from the sight. Turning, she bolted back to where she left Frost just as the others approached. "I found them. They're just west of here." She spoke, her eyes glancing to Ceres. She sniffed the prey curiously to see what he had caught, then gave him a nod of approval, her eyes giving off a hint of respect in the young pup before she turned and began trotting in the direction of the deer.

Frost glances to the others. He was curious to see how this would go and if they would use a different hunting stratagie then he and Ivy used. They always split up and she'd be waiting at a specific area, and it would be his job to chase the deer towards her. The moment they had it cornered they both took it down together, though Ivy did most the work since she was bigger and stronger. She was more built for hunting and fighting while he was the most responsible of the two and was built for more speed . He glanced to Ivy, trailing behind her as she lead the way to the family of deer .

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided not to go after the deer. I saw ravens in the sky. I trotted in that direction, the scent of meat reaching my nostils. Besides, what was a deer doing with two does?

((Hallo. New kid on the block.))

Mist yawned. He was a Yearling, just left from another Pack. He hoped to find a Pack and had been on one Pack's trail for several days. Now he could hear varying voices on the wind.

Nervous, Mist lifted a hind leg and left a scent on a fallen log, then trotted a small distance away. Hopefully they weren't hostile...

As she heard Ivy's news, she shot Ceres a grin. "Yes, time to do it again." She looked to Frost, also wondering how they would do this. "How's your shoulder? If you need to, we could have you and Ivy wait and the two of us could run them your way. That might be easier on your injury." She suggested, glancing at Ivy briefly, wondering what she thought of the proposed strategy. She seemed like an intelligent wolfess, and particularly skilled at tracking and hunting. Her opinion held value to Shayde.

OOC// Hi, welcome! :)

Ivy blinked at the feeling on someone looking at her and glanced back at Shayde. She was slightly surprised by the she-wolf's expression. Was she waiting to see her opinion? Ivy didn't exactly expect to have a say in how this would work out, mostly because Ivy was rude. She knew she was rude, of course. Her ear flicked to Shayde as she studied the wolf. "Sounds perfect. We'll be north-west. Near the large oak tree." She turned to Frost, who nodded.

Frost beemed with pride for his sister. She hadn't said anything relatively rude or disrespectful to Shayde. Though Ivy took hunting seriously, he was sure she was begining to warm up to Shayde slightly. And he already knew Ivy had nothing against Ceres. Ivy usually liked pups and was willing to spend time with them, though she would never admit it. Frost glances to Shayde. "And my shoulder is feeling much better, thank you for asking." He looked to Ivy before turning and taking off in the direction she said. Ivy followed close behind her brother. Neither of them knew what was waiting near the tree would be another wolf.

Shayde nodded, turning to Ceres. A slight smile creeped across her muzzle, pleased that Ivy seemed to be starting to relax. "Alright, Ceres, we're going to sneak around behind them and do the same thing as with the rabbit." She trotted off, doing her best to step lightly. The she wolf sank to her belly once she spotted the deer. Shayde waited for the youngster to join her before whispering to him, "These are a little more tricky than bunnies.... when you get too close they fight back. Watch out for those hooves, there's a lot of power in their hind legs. Ever seen one jump? Imagine that, except off your head instead of the ground. That makes for a very bad day."