Realistic Wolf Roleplay

The pale wolf disregarded the display of dominance. Her hackles raised just slightly noting the obvious competition occurring between the females. She relaxed her fur, glad to have gained permission to put a few bites in her shrunken belly. She supposed this dominance competition automatically put her in the mix too, being another female. However, she seemed uninterested in bickering at the moment.

"Thank you, Frost. I appreciate your kindness." The male seemed to be friendly enough. Seeing as he spoke first, she wondered if he was the alpha male. He was the only male, so technically if the three of them were a pack he would be alpha male until his position was challenged by another. She regarded his sister's behavior with curiousity, she didn't seem to approve of him making the decisions. The white wolfess assumed that Ivy was probably a pleasant creature when she knew someone well. She seemed to have trust issues of some sort, though that could be a miscalculation too. "It's good to meet you both, Frost and Ivy. My name is Mystic Shayde. Or just Shayde, if you wish."

Laying down next to the carcass, she began to nose around, pulling off scraps of still warm meat. Shayde glanced at the large grey wolf, the one she'd encountered first. "And may I inquire your name?" Shayde would remain friendly as long as this wolf allowed, but she had a feeling she wouldn't let go of the power competition any time soon. Aware it could possibly escalate into a fight, Shayde took this opportunity to fill herself with energy providing meat.

She worked around the chest cavity until she managed to reach the heart. She silently rejoiced that the others had left it. It was by far the most tender, delicious part of an animal. She gobbled it down quickly.

Frost dipped his head in regards to what the female who identified herself as Shayde had said. He sat back, his blue eyes flicking to his sister. He could tell she was tense, but not from Shayde quite yet. She was tense because the other female seemed to be a threat. For there tiny pack, Ivy had been the alpha female and made most the decisions regarding hunting and fighting while he made choice on where to go and where to sleep and basically everything else. It was obvious that she had no desire to give up her position to either of the wolves, but Shayde hasn't posed as a threat yet. Frost twitched his ears, being in deep thought. Regardless of what his sister thought, Frost was interested in the idea of a larger pack. And these two wolves were both fit and healthy, they could be useful. He felt like offering the idea to the others but he didn't exactly know the right way to go about bringing it up. So, he sat quietly in thought.

Ivy stayed tense, her gaze flickering from Shayde to the other female with a harsh look. She knew they all weren't a pack but she wasn't one to take orders from others. She preffered giving them. She and her brother had been in a pack previously and she had the dream of being an alpha as a pup. Now that they were on there own she didn't like the idea of someone else beginning to act as an alpha without them even being in a pack. Ivy, who kept a cold gaze on the gray wolf a moment longer before turning it back to Shayde. Her gaze wasn't nearly as harsh but it was still alert for signs of dominance and her ears flicked at distant sounds of rustling trees and running water.

As the one who called herself Ivy stood up, I lowered my head and tail respectfully. "My name is Pine, for the needles I roll in." I wasn't going to make any moves to be alpha yet, they wouldn't trust me or accept me as leader, that much I knew already. I had been born with the alpha gene to make me aggressive and leave, so I still planned on being their alpha. For now it was Ivy, it seemed.

Ivy turns gaze to her brother, licking his injured shoulder one last time. She reluctantly laid down, her eyes on Pine and Shayde. Then her gaze moved to her brother, watching him curiously as he thought. She, of course, knew what he was thinking. He had brought up the subject before and now he had that look if determination in his eyes. She usually hated that look, because it dragged them someplace that put stress on both of them. Not that the stress bothered her, she just wanted her brother to be more relaxed. But him being an alpha male as well as her older brother, the stress was manditory. She lets out a yawn. Since he was her older brother, she was more than willing to help him. She was loyal to her brother beyond all means, and her brother knew it.

After a few moments, she stopped eating and sat up on her haunches. Midsection now enlarged with the plentiful meal, she licked at the blood that now stained her previously snowy white muzzle. A content look settled upon her visage. She hadn't had such a feast since before her mate's untimely death. She pushed such thoughts to the back of her mind, doing her best to hide the ever-present flicker of pain in her eyes.

Shayde stretched her forepaws out ahead of her before sitting up once more. Her head and ears were held high, fixed on the siblings who never seemed to be far from each other's side. "I noticed your leg is injured, Frost. You should rest it. If you all are in need of shelter, I have a rather nice spot nearby. I'd be happy to show you, in return for so graciously sharing your kill." She turned to Pine. "You may stay as well, if you're without a place to go."

I sat down again, wondering what to do now. I sniffed the air, picking up nothing of note, just the pine trees and the birds and animals. I listed to a wood pewee calling. I liked this place.

Ivy twitched her ear slightly. She was unsure of the offering. Her gaze moving towards her brother, awaiting for his answer. Frost points his ears towards Shayde. "If it's not too much trouble, it would be greatly appreciated. And I know Ivy won't say so, but she wou--"

Before Frost had the chance to finish, Ivy snipped at his side and stood up, shaking her pelt. "I can speak for myself, Frost." She mumbled slightly and stretched out her legs, turning her cold gaze to Shayde. Her ear twitched, still being quite skeptical of the she-wolf. "I'm ready to go when you three are." Ivy looked at Frost, who glared slightly at his sister. He was displeased with the way she interrupted him, but also slightly relieved. He got her talking, which was a good sign that Ivy was relaxing a little more. He stood up, leaning against his sister and turns his eyes to the other two females.

A small smile crossed her muzzle as Ivy spoke. It occurred to her that the black she wolf reminded her of another she'd known in the past. Shayde found no offense in her edgy attitude. She saw the way Frost glared at her and, with a soft look in her eyes, dipped her muzzle slightly as if to say It's alright, let her be.

She awaited Pine's reply, hoping she'd accept the friendly offer and ease up on her and Ivy. It seemed a quiet, relaxing evening would benefit the three wanderers.

Shayde led the way back towards the strong river, passing her favorite spot under the willow. After a short walk they came to rocky terrain, where Mystic Shayde led them up a small incline to a natural cave that long, long ago was carved out by water and the elements. Though small, it was plenty big enough for all of them to stay comfortably. "Home sweet home," she announced, tail high and tongue lolling gently from the travel. She was proud of her den, it was situated perfectly to be easily defended and near enough to the river and hunting grounds alike.

A young dark brown wolf wandered through the forest, occasionally huffing at the air. Ceres' stomach growled as he caught the scent of something, a rabbit perhaps? He followed the smell through the brush to find that it was a pair of tiny rabbits playing in the tall grass. As the rabbits wandered closer and closer to him, he gnashed out with as much force as he could muster, grabbing up his unsuspecting prey in a single bite.

After Ceres had finished his meal he trotted off, away from the remnants of his kill, quite pleased with himself. He had not had rabbit meat in what seemed like ages. He wandered back towards the river he had been following for some time. Ceres caught the scent of the dawn wind on his nose as day broke. He had been wandering all night it seemed.

With a loud yawn he took measure of his surroundings. "That looks like a fine place for a nap," he thought to himself as he looked upon the rocky outcropping of the cave that, unbeknownst to Ceres, held Shayde and her compatriots.

Frost laid down, grateful for a place of rest. He and his sister hadn't had a proper cave to relax in for some time. He rested his head in his paw and gazed at his sister. She let out a yawn and laid beside her brother. She was rather grateful, but of course she didn't voice her gratitude. She closed her eyes to rest them, her body seeming to show now how tired she truely was from walking for so long. Frost smiled at the sight of his younger sibling relaxing and looked towards Shayde. "Thank you for allowing us to rest in your cave. We have been traveling for quite some time and being able to rest here is very much appreciated." He spoke, voicing both his and his sister gratitude.

Ivy twitched her ear when Frost spoke but she didn't bother opening her eyes. The cave floor was far to comfortable for her to move, even the thought of speaking made it seem as if it would disturb her comfortable position. The black she-wolf rolled onto her side, her back brushing her brother as she stretched out her paws. Opening her dark eyes, her gaze instantly landed at the cave entrance. She seemed once again alert, but still relaxed about it. No matter how comfortable Ivy was, she could never fully allow herself to relax and drop her guard. She always stayed alert and protective. It was one of the things that was just in her blood, and always annoyed Frost. He wanted her relaxed just as much as she wanted him relaxed.

Last edited by a moderator:
"You are welcome. I've been alone for too long now, anyways. It's nice having others around, for a change." She smiled. Wolves were not meant to be alone, that was a well known fact. She couldn't bring herself to leave this place, however. So, for the last 6 months, she had been a loner. "Please, rest easy with your sister. I dozed by the river earlier, I'm not quite tired yet. I'll keep an eye out, no one gets past this old wolf." She winked, reassuring them that they could sleep in peace.

Her mind was too busy with memories to allow her to sleep. She crouched to exit the den, and sat just outside. The day's first light began to creep in, very slowly washing away the darkness. A loud caw could be heard in the trees at the bottom of the hill. Shayde could barely make out the movement through the dim light. Her ears swivelled, and she scanned the rocky hill side intently, as if expecting something. Suddenly, talons dug into her shoulders, causing her to wince. "Mav, my old friend. Good to see you, but you need to work on your landing." She turned her head to smile at the raven perched on her back. It cawed loudly twice more before fluttering off, flying high speed down the hill again. He wasn't in such a playful mood, after all. Her gaze followed the bird as he flew over the head of a male wolf who was climbing through the rocks.

Shayde descended the hill, stopping a few feet above the wolf. Assuming her usual dominant stance, she gazed at him questioningly. "Well hello there, who might you be?" Her tone was good-natured enough, though bold as well. She made it known in the way she carried herself that he was in her home.

Just as Ceres was about to wander up the hill to the cave entrance he caught the scent of several wolves. Some of which were stronger than others.

Were they a pack? Or just several splinters like himself. Thrust off from their previous packs. Whatever the case, Ceres only wanted a nap, so he made his way back down the hill and found a cozy spot near the river and laid beneath a heavenly smelling willow tree.

Ivy closed her eyes again tiredly. the large she-wolf gratefully began to doze off next to her brother. Frost kept his head on his paws. honestly, the wolf wasnt use to getting to sleep the same time as his sister. Usually they took shifts staying awake and keeping guard. Frost stayed awake for a little while, watching Shayde walk off with a raven. Frost seemed to have already made up his mind about the older she-wolf. He, strangely enough, trusted her. Well, he trusted Shayde enoygh to not be a threat to himself or his sister. He was also grateful for her to lend her cave to them even though she didnt know them. Frost yawned and looked at his sister who was already asleep. He smiled at the sight.

I had followed them to the cave and fell asleep without a word.

OOC//My character just spoke to Ceres Lol, no worries though, I'll make it work..

BIC//

Shayde followed behind the male, seeing where he went. He seemed to enjoy her spot beneath the willow, which brought a smile to her features. The ivory wolfess stood about 8 feet away from him, tail high and swishing back and forth a few times. "Comfortable, isn't it? My favorite spot in the whole area." Humor danced in her light brown eyes.

Reactions: GrandDragon888
OOC//My character just spoke to Ceres Lol, no worries though, I'll make it work..
Shayde followed behind the male, seeing where he went. He seemed to enjoy her spot beneath the willow, which brought a smile to her features. The ivory wolfess stood about 8 feet away from him, tail high and swishing back and forth a few times. "Comfortable, isn't it? My favorite spot in the whole area." Humor danced in her light brown eyes.
OOC//Yeah sorry my page didn't update quick enough. I think I posted right after yours went up.

BIC//

Ceres shot up, frightened out of his own skin, that he had completely missed the large ivory wolf that had followed him. "Oh dear lord!! I'm so sorry, i didn't realize you were there," he yelped in reply. Ceres bowed low and began backing away from the wolfess and 'her spot', "I'm sorry m'lady please forgive a tired cub I haven't slept for...", he paused in thought, "How many moons has it been? 2; 3?"

Ceres then realized that he had not responded to the question she had asked of him, "Yes, m'lady it is quite a comfortable spot," he replied in a rather confused tone, turning his head.

Frost had eventually dozzed off himself, but it didn't take long for Ivy to awaken. It was a habit, she had learned his sleeping habbits well enough to awaken around the time her brother fell asleep. Ivy stood and trotted out the cave. She stood in the early sunlight, stretching her legs. The new sun was warm on her dark pelt. It was nice. She trotted down the hill towards the river. She was careful to avoid Shayde and the young wolf pup. She had no interest in introducing herself when she hasn't been awake that long. She lowers her head when she approaches the river, lapping up the water. She was insanely thirsty, continuing to take big gulps of water. Her ears flick slightly, listening to Shayde and the young wolf's conversation.

A chuckle escaped her. "It's quite alright." She nudged his shoulder with her nose, trying to calm him. "Don't be afraid, I don't mean any harm." The she wolf backed up a few steps and sat back on her haunches, as to give him room so he wouldn't feel threatened. "I'm Shayde, just a loner who's taken liking to the area." She took the male to be no threat, he seemed somewhat timid. A shift in the breeze told her Ivy was awake and somewhere nearby. Shayde was pleased the other female seemed to be comfortable here.

Seeing the wolf, who called herself Shayde sit back, Ceres backed up just ever so slightly more and laid down in a spot near the tree.
"M-My name is Ceres," he replied, still a bit skittish. "I apologize again about the intrusion, I am just wandering through. You see I've gotten separated from my original pack," he said feeling rather foolish for admitting so.

OOC// How old is he, like a yearling or little pup?

BIC//

"I'm sorry to hear that." She offered a sympathetic smile. The white wolf rose to her paws, turning toward the rocks. Warm rays illuminated the chilly morning. By this point the sun had risen to the eastern sky. She assumed Ceres was probably exhausted. He was so young to be wandering around on his own, he probably hadn't found much rest with all the preditors that roamed the forest. "Why don't you follow me, I'm sure you're tired. I have a few guests in my den, I'm sure we can find room for one more." She smiled.