Realistic Wolf Roleplay

Ivy sat back, water dripling from her muzzle. she lanted slightly, then lifted her head to the sky. She enjoyed the warmth of the sun, especially now that she had a chance to enjoy it in private. She enjoyed her brothers company, of course, but sometimes it got to be a little too much. She hadn't had a moment to just feel the sun on her fur for many moons now. Standing, she trotted away from the river. She decided to explore the land near the cave out of curiosity.

OOC// He's like 2ish?

IC// "Thank you, Lady Shade," Ceres replied, stifling a yawn. "Hoo-, I am quite tired," the juvenile wolf stated exasperated.

Ceres made certain to follow a few steps behind the ivory wolfess. He did not desire to offend her for her gracious offer.

As Ceres entered the cave, he noticed quite a few other wolves of varying sizes, colors and genders. He finds a spot no one has claimed and immediately falls over with a plop. "Oh and tell the others that I apologize for the commotion." Ceres then closes his eyes and falls asleep almost instantly.

Last edited by a moderator:
OOC// Ohh, so he's a young adult then? I was under the impression he was a pup lol

BIC//

Along the way, Shayde dropped her nose to the ground a few times. It seemed Ivy had come back this way as well. Quietly, she entered the den with Ceres. Frost and Pine seemed to be asleep, still. Shayde took the spot that had previously been occupied by Ivy, next to her brother. The wolfess curled up tight, the silver tip of her tail covering her nose. However, she didn't close her eyes just yet. She enjoyed this content feeling of a full den. It was nice having these wolves around. Perhaps they would become a pack, even. Could it be, she might have finally found a family? At long last, her eye lids began to feel heavy. She was sure the black wolfess roaming outside would be keeping an eye out. Especially with her brother asleep here. Before she knew it, Mystic Shayde had drifted off into a peaceful slumber.

OOC// Fast forward to when they all wake up? And from now on, OOC goes here, just made it.
https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/realistic-wolf-rp-ooc.77830/

Ceres, finally stirring from slumber, makes his way to the entrance of the cave. With a large yawn and a stretch he makes his way down the hill, walks rather lazily to the edge of the river and sticks his face deep into the cool drift. Pulling his head out of the water he lets out a loud yip, "Ooh~ that water is cold!"

Feeling reinvigorated, Ceres sprints three laps about the base of the willow tree that Shayde had confronted him under yesterday. Ceres then took a look around and made certain to take in the landmarks around him, as he did not want to forget the lovely place where he had been shown such kindness.

A soft noise was enough to stir her from sleep. Without moving, her eyes blinked open just as Ceres left the den. Reluctant to get up, she rolled onto her left side. Shayde stretched all four paws out as far as they'd go, ending the delicious stretch with a content sigh. Maybe just a few more minutes. It'd be time to hunt soon, however. It was still plenty bright outside, though. Most creatures wouldn't stir much until dusk. She could afford a couple of minutes to bask in the comfort and warmth of the den. The rock had trapped most of the collective body heat, and it felt nice. Being fall, the air outside the den seemed to be getting colder by the day lately.

Becoming quite impatient, Ceres made his way back to the cave. Peeking in quietly he looked around and saw that everyone was still asleep. He waited a few more moments, then with an exacerbated snuff, "Hmph... guess no one wants to play with me..." he pouted.

Feeling quite bored he sulked back down the hill and began wandering around nearby looking for something to do. Ceres finally noticed that the big black wolf he had seen yesterday was missing. They had never formally met, but if Shayde was so nice then surely the other she-wolf would be as well. So he began to sniff at the ground he had seen her at yesterday and then attempted to follow her scent. All the while not realizing that he was wandering ever further from the willow tree and the cave of other wolves that had accepted him into their fold.

Ivy was laying near the lake. She hadn't realized she fell asleep there. Standing, the young wolfess stretched out her paws and let out a yawn. She then turned away from the lake and began walking the way she came. Ivy, who was still rather groggy and sleepy, kept her head low. She wished she was still asleep but knew the moment Frost would wake up and realize she wasn't there, he would automatically panic and look for her. The two have hardley ever been separated from each other for so long. Tiredly, Ivy breathed in the refreshingly cool fall air, only to catch sent of the male wolf from the other day. Raising her head, her dark eyes automatically met the male wolf's. Ivy tenses as her cold gaze kept on him. She wasn't sure of him, and now she didn't have her brother to do the talking for her. She decided to wait for him to make the first move.

Frost let out a tired yawn. Rolling over, his back rested on the floor warmed by another body. He assumed Ivy had slept there until he smelled Shayde's scent over the spot. Ivy's scent was stale. Frosts eyes shot open and he rolled onto his feet. His body language changed. He wasn't the calm and relaxed wolf from yesterday. He was an alert and even slightly threatening wolf. Glancing around, he noticed only Pine was left, and she was asleep. Frost darted out the cave in search of his little sister.

As Ceres looked up, his eyes met with the black she-wolf he had been searching for. Good job nose! he said to himself.
"H-hello, my name is Ceres," he said timidly to the other wolf, moving his head and shoulders downward so that his chin was almost touching the soft grass beneath his feet. As he did so he couldn't help sticking his rump straight up in the air, tail wagging back and forth excitedly.

After a few moments he asked, "What's your name?"

An ear flicked behind her, hearing Frost stir. As he darted out of the den, Shayde rolled upright onto her stomach, scenting the air nervously for the cause of his alarm. Nothing was apparent, so she relaxed a bit as she followed him out into the late afternoon woods. 'Perhaps he's looking for his sister,' She thought. After stretching again and giving her pelt a good shake, she trotted off after him. "Frost? Is everything alright?" She called out to him.

Ivy's eyes narrowed at first but after he spike, she noted the slight stutter in his speech. He was timid, he wasn't going to challenge her. Her ear twitched towards him as he lowered himself and wagged his tail. Hesitant at first, Ivy calmed down slightly. Her gaze flicked past him, to check for her brother ans when the wolf named Ceres spoke, her attention went back to him. "Ivy." She spoke, keeping her reply brief. She wasn't usually very talkative.

Frost sniffed the air, his ear twitching to Shayde. "Ivy, she wasn't in the cave when I woke up. I need to make sure she's ok. "

Shayde caught up with him, nostrils fibrilating as they took in the breeze. "She's somewhere close, I'm sure. No need to worry, Frost. I have yet to see anything dangerous in this area."

After her attempt to reassure him, she stopped walking when they reached the willow. Jaws parted as she threw back her head, a long and elegant- if a tad bit eerie- song sent to the sky. She was calling everyone to gather for a hunt.

She walked to the water's edge and lapped it up while she waited for the other wolves.

Ceres' ears flicked up, tail no longer wagging he heard the call of a nearby wolf. That must be Shayde, he thought to himself, "We should probably go back and join the others Ivy."

He turned and started running back the way he had come, checking over his shoulder every so often to see if the younger she-wolf was following him. As he went along he began to sidle back and forth playfully. He would sniff at the ground every so often to get his bearings and then the little wolf would trot on.

Eventually Ceres reached the base of the willow that he had become taken with. As he rounded the tree he saw Shayde and the others and let out two barks, "Hey guys! I'm back!"

Ivy growled low. She didnt like orders, but she certainly was hungry. She followed behind the male wolf, catching up to him rather quickly. She was use to fast pace running since her brother was rather quick on his feet. Soon her brother came into her view and her ears perked. She let out a powerful bark, causing Frost to move his attention to his sister just in time. Ivy padded up to him, sniffing his shoulder. It seemed a lot better now. "I'm sorry I was gone. I dozed off by the lake." She spoke in a quiet voice so only Frost heard.

Frost's ear twitched at the sound of his sisters voice. "It's fine, don't worry about it." He spoke and turned his attention to the younger male wolf. He was slightly surprised though, the wolf had a lot of energy. He seemed much more carefree and relaxed unlike most lone wolves he and his sister had come across in the past. But it wasn't a problem. I'm fact, Frost thought he and Ivy should be a little more relaxed like the other male. He looked at his sister, the was she stood alert and tense, always ready for a fight. He wondered if being in a pack again would make her as laid back and fun as she use to be.

Ceres began running playful circles around Shayde.
"Hi Shayde, where are you off too," the pup asked as he sat next to the ivory wolf, cocking his head as he asked.

Shayde's tail waved, a cheerful greeting to Ceres and Ivy. "Wondered if you all might like to join me for a hunt, I think we can bring prey down easier with more of us working together. Perhaps we can gather more this way, too." The she-wolf was excited to hunt as a group, but left it to them seeing as the ideal of joining forces to become a pack had yet to be discussed. Perhaps this would be a good trial run, to determine how well they would all work together when it mattered most. After all, if they were attacked, they had to be able to trust one another and know everyone's strengths and weaknesses. Like the pieces of a puzzle, a pack needed to be able to fit together to complete each other.

"Hunt?" Ceres replied questioningly, "Well... I guess I would be okay with that. I've never hunted as part of a pack before, but I'll try anything once."

Ceres darted off to introduce himself to the rest of the group, "Helloooo~ everybody. I'm Ceres, I've met Ivy, and Shayde..." Ceres stopped mid sentence and stared at the other black wolf standing next to Ivy. He almost couldn't tell the difference between them they looked almost identical.

"Hello there Ivy duplicate," he said cheekily, "what's your name?"

Frost twitches his ears to Ceres. He let out a bark of amusement at how he identified him. "Hello there. I'm Frost.And Ivy and I would enjoy a good hunt." He nodded to Shayde as a thanks. Ivy seemed unsure as always, her cold gaze on Shayde and Ceres as she stood by Frost. "I'm sure a group hunt would be a great way to understand each other more and relax in my opinion."

Ivy twitched her ear in irritation. She knew Frost was referring to her being kinder, and she knew he wanted the pack. Except Ivy wasn't fond of the idea of taking orders as much as giving them. She looked at her brother closely. She knew she was going to stick around as long as he did, so she had no choice. She bitterly decided to go along with whatever he wanted. Besides, he was family and if he found a pack she was going to join.

"YAY!!" Ceres howled, "New friends~ new friends~" He began running circles around the other wolves. It had been so long since Ceres had been able to have fun with others. He was getting excited. After a few laps around the others Ceres ran towards a group of trees and picked up a small stick off the ground, "Grr- grrrr-" *munch munch* Ceres laid near the rest of the group and started tearing apart the stick he had found.

Ivys attention moved to young Ceres. Should he really go hunting? He seemed awful young for a pack hunt. Though Ivy was his age when she had to hunt to fend for herself too. At least till she found Frost again. She shivered slightly at the thought of those month she spent alone. Frost glanced to Ivy and seemed to know what she was thinking, and gave his sister a reassuring lick behind her ear. "Shall we start out?" Frost asked.

Ceres put down the stick he had been chewing on and looked up from his seated position at Frost, "Okay." Ceres stood up, noticing the look Ivy was giving him, "What? I can hunt too. Just before I got here yesterday I took down a pair of rabbits all by myself," he bragged.