Rapture: The House of Monsters

• Thread starter ThatBioshockInfiniteChick
  • Start date
  • So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Okay, okay doc take it easy!" the man said with his hands up. "All I know is that Susan has her somewhere...I heard whispering in the ticket booth and I think one of those wacko scientists know where she is! Theres an elevator over there!" he said pointing down a hallway. "That will take you up to a ticket booth!"

V looks over where he points. In a strangely calm thought he thinks. Thank you. He turns away and quickly shoots his hand up. The man leaves the ground, and slams into the ceiling, putting out the fire on him. Daddy V walks down the hallway, the man floating along a few yards ahead of him. You don't mind showing the way do you? I didn't think so. He mentally chuckles at that.

An elevator was at the end of the hallway like he promised. "See, I wasn't fooling you now let me go!"

V turns the man toward him, Okay, I'll let you go. He drops the man to the ground. Moves to side and gestures to let the man pass. As the splicer moves to get pass him the light turns green, his fist shoots out and slams into the wall. The splicer looks down at his chest and the wrist sticking out of it, the wrist that is the size of a regular man's thigh, the wrist that is covered in moss and attached to the arm of the one creature that a splicer should never trust. I'll let you go.. into whatever afterlife there is for you freaks. He pulls his arm back and turns away as the man drops to the ground. He steps into the elevator, pushes a button and waits. Elevators... the waiting rooms of this infernal city.

The elevator stopped at the very top floor with a ding. A splicer was searching through a dead guy on the ground. She chuckled as she found some food. Her bak was faced to V as she searched.

V stepped out of the elevator. He tilted his head, lights have gone back to yellow a while before. He takes this time to push play on the tape player he got from the train room.

A staticy voice was introduced in the recorder.

This is Anne Hathaway speaking...it's been quite a while since iv'e been a little sister...i'm 14 now...
The girl sighed in the recording before speaking again.
Tennenbam found a way to rehabilitate me psycologically...however she wasn't able to remove this...this thing inside me! I look in the mirror and...see a freak.
Another pause before she spoke again.
I can't remember much, except for this...this artificial sense of peace, and a compulsive hunger for ADAM...I wish father was here right now...
She chuckled in the recording slightly.
I miss him so much..he was my knight in shining armor...why did Susan kill him? He was only trying to protect me!
I tried talking to her but she would never answer me, it might have something to do with what she's doing to me...she keeps splicing me with experimental cocktails...due to my condition as a little sister I won't become a genetic freak like the splicers out there...I don't know what she has me planned for, but it can't be good. I can't just sit here...there must be a way to....I donno somehow bring father back!"

The recording ended there.

V waves to the splicer, who spun around when the recording started. She leaps at him with a wrench, which he deflects with his drill lazily. "Where's your little girl? Not here?" The splicer turns to run off since there is no way she could defeat this creature alone. V's light turns red when she starts attacking him, and when she turns he hits her with an electro bolt, and then grabs her by the neck. With a flick of his wrist he snaps her neck and she crumples to the ground. He steps over the bodies, picking up the food she dropped and walking further down the hallway. His light fades back to yellow and he starts to jog in the direction of Anne. He sends out a mental call, just to Tennenbam. Hullo?

V stops over by a ticket booth. He tilts his head, having never used one before. He debates punching it, most things do what he wants when he punches them.

The radio in his helmet makes a static-like sound again. "Ahh, finally...a signal, hello V..." she begins "press the green button next to the ticket booth, so we may speak face to face" she said.

V complies. He pushes the button and looks around for the screen. Not realizing it's right infront of him. Just a bit lower than his helmet.

The metal gate to the booth lifts and Tennenbams there trying to work something in the back corner, she then turns to him. "Hello V, I need you to listen to me" she said. There were 4 little sisters that were cured around her. One of them was sitting on a counter next to Tennenbam, two were playing blocks while another was staring at the television waiting for something else to come on instead of static.
"Susan is stealing children from the surface and changing them into little sisters behind my back. You see...I originally came back down to sabotage what she was doing to innocent children, including yours...but there were so many followers on her side. I knew in order to rescue any child I must pretend to work for her again. While doing so I tried convincing her that we didn't need little sisters...she told me that I was right but she made more behind my back. I tried sabotaging her without her knowing it...but..." she then looked down and one of the children patted her back for support. Tennenbam sighed "she found out that I was and she drove me out of the laboratory...right now they are keeping your girl in Fontaine Futeristics on the other side of the city...you must get to her before it's too late..."
Suddenly the television turned on, it was Susan Amier.

Ladies and gentleman, V is alive and well...however...he is trying to ruin our plans for greatness upon the city and destroy everything we had ever hoped for...he is in The Atlantis Train Station as we speak...find him, the first to bring him down will be rewarded greatly...

An alarm went off and Tennenbam helped the child next to her down. "Susan will tear this place apart to find you, please hold back the splicers so that we can relocate" she closed the ticket booth door before V could answer.

A huge group of splicers came at you screaming and laughing. The trains doors opened, in front of it was a lever you could pull to get the rain going into the next room.

The splicers turned to the door and a figure stepped out. It was a woman, she was beautiful. She had a natural makeup face with her dark, chocolate brown hair fixed in the stylish 1960's fashion. Shoulder length hair that curls into big ringlets. With bright red lipstick perfectly smeared across her small full lips. Her figure was slim but curvy. Wearing a short sleeved blue and white blouse with a long blue skirt that was put together as a dress she walked out and held a revolver in her hands. She started shooting up the place, shooting every splicer dead.
"Hello Mr. V...my name is Betty...Betty Swanson...I work with Tennenbam...or was at least pretending to until the word slipped out."
Her heels clacked as she walked towards him. "When they drove Tennenbam out they have been trying to experiment on your daughter, they are trying to turn her into this...superhuman...this mad woman Susan is trying to use her as a weapon of mass destruction for the surface world...and yes...I can hear your thoughts" she smiled then crossed her arms. "I ran away but splicers followed me to ambush you so I had to hide her somwhere else in Fontane Futeristics...we don't have long so we'd better move." she said and walked towards the train.

Last edited by a moderator:
V listens to Tennenbam and then turns to face the horde, he watches Betty and tilts his head as she talks to him. He nods and jogs over to the train, he stops at the doors and climbs on behind her. He turns, with his hand outstretched, and telekinetically pulls the lever. There's some grinding of gears and a loud racket as the train starts to move. He shoots a fireball at the corpses and ducks into the train as the door closes. Why are you helping? He cycles his weapons, loading his guns and checking the map. He sets the shotgun as his weapon, with regular lead shot as ammo.

"I used to have a father....he was killed though...just consider it a good deed Mr. V" she waited as the train dove underwater.

V tilts his head at her. This Susan... She is not very bright, she has made a terrible miscalculation taking my daughter. His thoughts show some of the violent acts he has committed below the surface, horrors that would guarantee a spot in the psych unit. He looks her up and down, cutting off his link with her to keep his thoughts to himself. He looks out the window of the train. The scene is beautiful, such life swims in the water, but many sections of the city are destroyed. He turns back and sits down, his light a mellow yellow.

She didn't flinch, move or look any different that would show any signs of her fearing V. She wasn't afraid of him like all the others. She kept her arms crossed "She did, didn't she..." Betty looked out the window as well. "I'm sorry for what they did to you..." she began then stopped. He seemed like a man of action, not words. There was no way he was going to tell her anything about him. She understood and didn't blame him. "We will get your child back to you" she said.

V doesn't respond to her apology, not in the rude way of ignoring her, but in the way someone would when they have nothing to say. With her last statement V would smile, he sends her the thought of him smiling though, and nods. How long have you been here he asks? He watches a thin dark shape moving along outside the train.

"Not long enough to know that this world values children, not childhood..." she began. "I came here just before New years....1959...the war broke out and I found out it was due to Atlas and his gang...I have been trapped here ever since..." She played with one of her beautiful curls.

V nods. His memories are scattered, like a newspaper that has been blowing down the street, he doesn't know when he came here, or how long he's been here. He asks Who was your father? The shape outside grows rapidly and swims over the train gracefully, the whale's head can be seen swooping down on the other side of the train as it passes over. V turns his attention to the woman and watches her, his thoughts can't be judged by outward appearance, since the light makes it impossible to see into the helmet.

"He....he was killed off by splicers..." she said somberly. "Thats all I have to say about that for now..." she turned away but then continued talking. "I was so young...maybe thirteen? They made me watch him get gutted...and then...they did horrible...unspeakable things to me..." she said.

Status
Not open for further replies.