RANT Your Brains Out #98274

Status
Not open for further replies.
A list of Tsu's grievances

Video games.

No, I don't want to play a Batman game. I'm sure it's cool, but between my friends going ape-poo over it, all the movies constantly restarting the story, and the same villains, and the very well-done TAS I grew up on, I'm burnt out on the story, the action, everything. It's becoming too much like a soap opera.

I also don't want to play a pokemon game. That look people give me when I pull out my DS is getting old: no, I don't have X or Y. I have Mystery Dungeon, but that's because Mystery Dungeon has a story and tries new things. It's still formulaic, but I respect them for changing it up.

Fire Emblem? Okay, yeah, I'll probably eat up anything with that name on it. Same with Rune Factory. Guilty pleasures.

Metal Gear. (METAL GEAR???!!?!?!?!?) I loved the series when I was younger, to the point of obsessing over it. Skulking around and trying to avoid firefights just seemed more realistic than getting pumped full of bullets and just shrugging them off by sitting in a corner for a few seconds, plus you got to destroy a giant robot (or a bunch of them) at the end! Sure, I ate the second and third ones up and strongly considered getting a PS3 just for the fourth one, but I never ended up getting it. Watched a friend play it, but by that point the magic was gone. They did try something new with Raiden, and he even got his own game, but the story should have just ended with Patriots. I actually liked Raiden as a character in the second game: a rookie being treated like a rookie in a combat-focused game is awesome. Maybe I wanted to see more of him, but the redesign... Bleargh.

Final Fantasy. They're remaking VII and modernizing it, all my friends are excited for it, and I don't feel like I could be any less interested other than wondering how bad the acting is going to be, whether the Wall Market scenes will be intact, and how cool the snowboarding / submarine minigames will be, since those minigames were pretty much the best part of the original, and the plot kind of stunk otherwise. I know some of the new games were being ridiculed for trying new things, but this is getting ridiculous. Sure, maybe I bought the War of the Lions and Tactics Ogre remakes, so maybe I'm a hypocrite on this one, but VII? There's... actually a lot of potential for new content, now that I think about it. It'd be interesting to see if anything got changed about the plot, but I can't imagine much would. X was the first of the gigantic hallways in the series, XIII took it to a more extreme level, but maybe this'll be different. Maybe. The PS4 has a huge boost in hardware, so there's more potential for exploration, and maybe actually flying a badass ship around and getting into fights. The technical aspect of remaking this game would be a nightmare if Squawk-Enix wasn't a huge company, but... Maybe I'll give it a chance.

Oh gosh, I just remembered that Barret is an option for the date scene in the theme park. Blonde spiky-haired skinny guy on a date with Mr. T - How is this not going to be a hilarious thing that happens? I sure hope they don't censor the hell out of it.

Maybe I'm just becoming a boring person? I've got almost no interest in the new Fallout game, or anything related to The Elder Scrolls after Oblivion, or anything that mentions zombies or survival-horror or terrorism or "epic quest" or vampires or evil empires or rescuing damsels or dragons or "look how badass and awesome this protagonist is" games like Brutal Legend, Kratos Becomes Prom Queen, or... well, pretty much every action game out there.

Internet

Minions. Those annoying yellow sharts that just kept popping up everywhere in that one childrens' movie. Now they're popping up all over the internet, and I just don't get it. They're stupid, they contribute nothing to the movie they were a part of, and for some reason many of my irl-contacts adore them. I mean, people post pictures of cartoon characters with text over them displaying 'attitude' all the time, but these things are getting ridiculous with their frequency.

Heteronormativity and Sexism. I don't know what it is about spacebook, but my contacts on there can pretty evenly be divided between people who post queer stuff (basically innocent "hooray for rainbows" type things and social justice stuff; can't dislike 'em for it because some of those things just need to be repeated but it gets depressing), relationship-type things that just reek of sexism ("a real woman can do ____ but a real man won't let her;" "A real man doesn't get jealous over-" blah blah blah), political stuff, people being passive-aggressive over stupid things, and other inane b/s. It's getting to the point that I no longer want to have an easy way to maintain contact with people, like my family, or old friends, or... yeah.

I'm just gonna delete the account sometime. It's not worth it. I had fun when the paternal unit found out about my affinity for rainbows and such and immediately flipped his lid, demanding I change my last name from his while I responded with "lol u mad? tell me more about how this makes you feel," but there's really no reason for me to keep that thing active, other than "potential employers search those things and a professional-looking picture goes a long way."

Maybe I just need new hobbies, or perhaps I should get out more, now that I've moved halfway across the country. Vacation's over; gotta start the next chapter, even if I'm feeling particularly lazy and would prefer not to jump into things.

• Thank You
Reactions: IceChateau777
Can't believe I'm tearing up over the Jurassic World soundtrack. Hearing the theme from the first movie but in a new score just makes me emotional as fuck.

Damn it, I'm such a goddamn softie.

I followed the walkthrough to a T. I have met every single requirement it says I need. I checked multiple different sources to make sure I wasn't just reading one that was off. I was lucky enough to find a GameFAQ thread with someone else asking for help about the exact same problem that I'm having, but there's not a single reply -- not even a guess as to what might be wrong.

>:/ Someone best explain to me why I can't DNA digivolve Dinohumon and Kabukimon to create Zanbamon after spending all that time getting their stats up.

- Dad gets job through friend of the family (B).
- Another friend of the family (N) asks me for help with my essay.
- I oblige because I am a nice person.
- Three papers later...
- (N) wants me to write one of their papers because (N) has a lot of homework to do that day.
- I don't do the paper and ignore (N)'s messages because that is fucking rude and IT'S CALLED CHEATING.
- Dad comes home today. Dad says that (B) is the brother to (N), and that if (N) needs any work done on her homework I should do it. Even if it means (N) dropping off the homework at our house, and then (N) coming over to pick it up.

Fuck you. Fuck all of you. You guys are absolutely pathetic people and I hate all of you.

Jesus fuck, didn't notice a coworker of mine was on the bus until he walked right past me. I fucking despise this man, he's nothing but a lying, homophobic piece of shit.

Time to get the hell out of dodge. I'd rather have a mouth full of wasps than talk to this cunt again.

This. My heart just broke. I think I need to spend time with my game cube.

i'm tired of adulting

can i go back to being 8 yrs old again?

i did cool shit as an 8 year old

like go run around to my neighbor's house and not come home until sundown...because that used to be a thing

Reactions: LunaValentine
When you order two books in a trilogy online and the last one comes before the second one. What am I supposed to do with this, Barnes and Noble?

Reactions: Shadon Xarian
Well, this shit will certainly drive me up the damn wall.

I need a cup of coffee if I'm gonna deal with this. Fuck.

"If you've never puked then you've never been THAT wasted."

or I know my limit. I hate the pissing contests people have about how much booze they can/can't handle. Like fuck off, I'm here to have a good time and you're trying to play some superiority game.

I am Jewish.

My whole family is a mix of Jewish, German, Swiss, and Spanish. Members of my family had to flee Europe. Members died in the Holocaust, and you share a picture of a rainbow Nazi flag surrounded by Jewish stars. And you expected me to laugh about this...because? What, you think I am going to laugh about my family's history? 6 million people dying must send everyone into stitches.

You are a kid, but you made a stupid decision. You said something incredibly insulting to me. Learn to find other things to laugh at. You are not funny.

Subconscious gender coding is the single most irritating thing.

Why do people do this to such an extent. Oh my god.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
A cage you put yourself in doesn't seem like a prison. It feels safe. Coping shouldn't be the only way you get through. Settling isn't a solution more so that it is just bandage to dress a deeper wound. Entertainment seems to be a distraction to placate us with the unhappiness that we've welcomed into our homes like an unseen member of the family. I've been aware of this phantom for a long, long time. The real question is am I strong enough to fight against it? If I just remain placated and continue to hit the fast forward on my life, I might forget that this isn't want I wanted. That I never really knew what I truly wanted. To raise a fist of defiance against the melancholy, I must first strike at myself. And to be honest, I am scared I have let myself become too frail to withstand seeing the unrestrained truth looking back in the mirror.

I just found out that someone really close to me lied to my face. It wasn't a little white lie either - which I can handle - it was a blatant bold face lie. All because they only knew one side of a situation and instead of just asking me directly and getting my side of what was going on, they fabricated this whole story to feed me and play a game with me instead of trying to even understand what was going on.

I don't like liars. I really don't like being lied too. I have serious issues with people lying to me. Nearly everyone important to me - my parents especially - has lied to me and manipulated me to the point where I didn't know who to trust and if my emotions or reactions to things were even valid or if I was just overreacting. I've been away from my parents and that situation for nearly five years now and I still have trouble with that. So, for legit reasons, lying to me is a good way to piss me off, upset me, and make me second guess everything that person has done for me.

So I really don't like the fact that someone I trust, someone who knows what happened to me and what lying does to me, could do that to me so easily just because another friend was really upset with/at me at the time. If they had just asked I would have happily laid out the situation from my point of view, but no, they were feeling vindictive and decided to jerk me around because they made judgements without knowing everything.

So now part of me is going "No, they wouldn't do that. They know better." and another part is going "Okay, if they could lie to me about that, and so easily too, what else did they lie to me about? Is our entire friendship a lie? Can I even still trust them?"

On one hand, I want to confront them and ask them what the fuck they were thinking, but on the other I want to breakdown sobbing.

Fuck this cat.

She runs out of the apartment when I am tired from work, chasing kids or dealing with my boss. She gets into the fridge (yes she can fucking open the door), eats shit like sweets and cheese, attacks people, gets into everything and now...

kitty gone fucked up my phone.

Bright side at least I won't have to listen to my boss bitch me out over something stupid.

So. . . . I was sent flying off my bike tonight. SOME STUPID LITTLE STUPID KID YES STUPID TWICE, left his bike in the middle of the path in the park I cut threw to get home faster. So clearly it's dark, since it's the middle of the night, and so I ran RIGHT into it. When FLYING through the air and now my leg hurts. I think my bike is okay, but I'm worried my tire is leaking now. I was already pissed off to start with and now I'm just raging. WHO THE HELL LETS THEIR KID LEAVE THEIR BIKE? WHAT KID FORGETS THEIR FREAKIN BIKE. So much rage right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.