RANT Your Brains Out #98274

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really, really just don't want to fucking go to Thanksgiving dinner this year. I never liked going, I hate family gatherings, but this year is especially bad. I was at least hoping my dad wouldn't be there, but it sounds like he will be. The last thing I want is to have to talk to him, I feel nothing but resentment towards him after he ran out on my mom. My mom isn't even fucking going because she thinks she'll just feel uncomfortable, but she wants me to go, as if I don't feel the same fucking way. I thought about refusing. If I do that, however, then I'm just as much of a coward as my parents are, so I'm fucking going whether I like it or not. But fuck me if that urge to retreat isn't just ridiculously strong.

I have tried searching for this song with every damn app and website I could, and I still can't find it! Soundhound gave me nothing. Shazam gave me nothing. Looking by lyrics gave me nothing. Why?!?! I'm going to have this God damn song stuck in my head forever, and I can't even find it on iTunes!!!! It is going to drive me insane now.

WHY DO I NEED TO KNOW MATH TO STUDY THE LAW!? >:[
Three more weeks. Three more weeks and I'm done until after New Year's and can (possibly) relax.
i'm going to fucking cry lol

Really having to try hard not to explode or take things the wrong way, or do something immature...

Current Mood: T-Pose Koopa

qBkSMhF.jpg

Closing my eyes and meditating on the beach like everything's fine. ...Even when things are obviously not fine.

I'm here to complain for someone else because...it's fucked up. And I've had a relatively good day so why not?

My mom's coworker gets a scratch ticket from a local gas station. There's a little coffee area tucked near the windows. She scratches at the tables and gets a winner for $25. She takes it to the front and the guy(he is the owner of the station), who gave her the ticket says, "I can't redeem that because you didn't buy it here." Bull. Shit. First off, she purchased it from him and was constantly in his field of vision. Second, you can redeem it at any place that sells those tickets whether or not they bought them in that exact store, even if there was a magical mess-up. The only way he could decline is if he didn't have the funds for it. There are of course alternate ways to get her money, but why put her through all this unnecessary bullshit to begin with?

And I'm told by multiple people that he does this often just because he can.

Today was not the only day I realized I am such a pity party... :|

At this point, I'm almost worried that my laptop will take water damage from me crying so much...

I was so productive for like a week. Wtf happened.
Now I'm making to do lists and just fucking ignoring them.
I've needed to vacuum for like 3 weeks.

Well at least I'm still cooking/eating I guess. =/

ALSO
why is it that once I finally feel like I can do an rp, and I go and get the partner/idea
SUDDENLY
I don't want to do it anymore.

1. Fuck you, brain
2. Well I'm going to force myself to do it this time so, fuck you brain.
Hope I don't have to quit midway through. I'm so sick of doing that. Especially since I genuinely like the ideas.

EDITED TO ADD:
> Was fairly certain he wouldn't miss the journal feature
> seriously misses the journal feature already
god damnit

Last edited:
You know, given what time of year it is, I'm not at all surprised to see my inbox being flooded with emails from companies like Gamestop, Best Buy, Barnes & Noble, etc, advertising all the ~AMAZING DEALS~ happening at their stores and on their websites right now.

But I was surprised to see... WWF... a charity organization... also sending me emails about Black Friday deals. >.>"

Like... I know I'm not the first person to talk shit about this particular "holiday" being so grossly hyper-consumerist, but like... if we're even getting the charities involved, then, that's kinda... sad. >.>"

I... am... so tired.

I feel like an outcast. Like I'm being pitied or looked down on constantly. And so damn lonely.

A case manager lied on some paperwork and my mom brought it to his attention(on behalf of a relative) that he was in the wrong. He didn't fix it. You know what he said? "Between the two of us who is the court going to believe?" You son of a bitch.

How do I share species with this person?

My kids handed me their papers for Grandparents day today, and when they did my daughter said: "Not like our grandparents will bother." I couldn't say anything at all because she's right. My in-laws aren't bad grandparents, I at least know they mean well. They adopted my brother-in-law's son from the time he was two, and I know they can't always get up to do things with our kids when they have their own teenager to deal with. But my mother? For the past 10 years, she hasn't even called them. She doesn't send them birthday cards or even wish them a happy birthday, all because of her hatred for me. That wouldn't bother me. I don't really care how she feels about me, but my kids don't deserve that. To make matters worse, they watch her spoil my sister's daughter rotten, listen to how she spends time with her and how she goes out of her way to babysit her, knowing that my mother never once cared about them that way. That fucking kills me.

My kids can be monsters and they can drive me insane at times, but they're good kids. They have good hearts, they're smart, and they're talented, and my mother can't even acknowledge them. It hurts to hear them talk about how my mother wants nothing to do with them when I can't give them a reason other than the fact that my mother hates me. It doesn't matter if I tell them it's not their fault. I'm done making excuses for her. One day, she'll have to deal with them all on her own and she'll have no one else to blame for their disdain for her but herself.

I'm probably a horrible person for saying this, but I don't even care right now. I hope she ends up miserable and alone, with no one giving a fuck about her when her times comes.

You just paid money to hang out with me.
Why?
I even refused the money.
Do I really appear so destitute?

Also:
Nobody's posted in the vent thread since monday?
TIME TO RUIN THE MOOD!!!

/Vars just doing his duty

The joys of feeling like there's an ever growing rift forming between you and someone else that you know is most likely all in your head but you still fall victim to it. Which in turn is likely making said imaginary rift a thing of reality because you just can't contain your own anxiety and just trust in said person.

I love everyone in my family, probably not equally but I love them regardless.

However, I'm the middle child in a family with 4 children. I'm the second oldest and I had to grow up so fast. It's not like my parents were terrible or something horrible happened to me over the years, it's not that. More likely, it's the things that bother me about my older sister.

There are some key reasons for this that I know will seem selfish but please, if you are reading don't judge me too harshly.
* My older sister was depressed for a prolonged time in her teens, it was deep and dark.
* She despises my mother due to the fact that our mother did use violence sometimes in our younger years and was overall fairly controlling.
* She complains and whines about things but doesn't seem to do anything about them.
* She never stepped up.
* I've always been compared to her.
* She's been the favorite.

I will go through them one by one to get this off my chest.
My sister got depressed when I was about 9-10, she would've been 13-14. And I had no real friends, my sister decided that I was a liability in her new life as a teen and stopped hanging out with me. She started fighting with my mom and dad, causing distress to both my autistic younger brother and my toddler little sister. So, my parents got torn between caring for my older sister and my younger siblings. I didn't do bad in school nor was I really a black sheep in any way, so my parents didn't have time for me. My sister also got wrongly diagnosed with ADHD during this time and she also ran away once on my birthday due to some events that I'd rather not go into. It was a terribly time for my sister and it went on through her high school years as well. And I didn't say a word, I never told my parents, I just shut up and took care of my younger siblings. Which, in hindsight, was probably not what I should've done. Regardless, this reason isn't really one that bothers me too much. It was more or less the beginning.

Our mother, for a very, very long time, was on the brink of stress-induced depression. This resulted in that when we were young she didn't know what to do with her feisty children. So sometimes, she used violence. My older sister remembers more of this when I do which I think is why she doesn't want to forgive and I understand. What I don't want is to hear about it every time she wants to talk about our mom with me. She knows my stance on the subject and I don't feel like my sister needs to forgive our mother if she doesn't want to. It just hurts to have to be the one to hear it all the time. My mother went through her own life-changing horrid depression right alongside my own depression. My older sister doesn't seem to have any sympathy to our mother which could be expected but I don't see why. This is more or less just adding another layer of stress on me whenever I am with my sister.

Quicker point: She whines and complains but she never does anything about it, she expects everyone else to have the answer for her. Like she's still a child when she recently became 23. If you give her a solution she doesn't like, she dismisses it.

She never stepped up as in: I had to stay home every night, every weekend, some sick days for my younger brother and sister while I was still just a kid because she was out with her friends, she was partying, she was living her own life. She brought home her new boyfriends even though it freaked our younger brother out because she brought so many and if she was home to help she shut herself in her room and only came out to undermine me when our little sister didn't get her way. She wasn't there when our brother got pissed and turned to the physical, she wasn't there unless he screamed to loudly. That probably pisses me of the most because she has never apologized for this. At most she has said that she was "sorry that mom and dad put so much on you" but I suppose she missed the time I told her that taking care of my younger siblings was the only thing keeping me from even thinking about suicide because I knew that if I was gone she wouldn't do anything. Her response to that was that she'd try and then it was back to normal, she went out, I stayed home.

The last two points go into eachother, but I was always the school-smart one and she was the street-smart one and I got praised for school but she got praised for... pretty much everything else. Being school-smart also never got me anything but my parents saying "yes, but I know you can do better" on assignments with mediocre grades I had experienced panic attacks about and an unenthusiastic "well done, sweetie" if I actually got an A. However, when my older sister got C's they were put on display and I know it is unfair of me but it hurt. The favorite thing is actually more from my paternal grandmother who, to this day but not as much, still gives my sister anything she points at (including my younger sister now) but I had to argue my way into getting gifted anything. A few years back I wanted a new computer for christmas and I got it because my paternal grandfather just went behind her back and gave it to me anyway but my older sister got a more expensive computer just because the old one they gave her broke. My grandmother has "come around" and while I guess I should try to use my paternal grandparents wealth to get what I want now that I can I don't want to, because that's what my older sister does and has always done and I... I guess I just don't want to be like my sister anymore.

It shall be noted, if you made it this far, I don't go around being plauged by this every single day except with my anxiety about how my family is doing now that I've moved in with my wonderful boyfriend. I don't really dislike my sister and I've talked to her about all of this several times before. She's well aware of my opinions and I'm aware of hers but I learnt of my 19 years alive that you can love and respect family even though you do not necesserily have to support them in everything. I love my older sister and I love the person I am because of my experiences (except maybe the anxiety) but I needed to tell this to someone that would maybe just listen instead of trying to argue against me as my family tends to do. I've always just tried to portect my family to the point of placing them and my friends in front of my, my well-being and my mental health and I need to start focusing on me too. This is a small step to doing so.

Thank you for your time, I hope you have a great day.

Don't know what to do. Mom screamed at the cat so loud this morning that it woke me up. The cat clawed another chair I guess. I don't want her to be declawed, but this is causing Mom serious grief.

I just...why buy a cat if you value the furniture more?! It's great and fantastic that you want nice furniture, but don't buy a fucking cat and complain later! Now I fucking have to deal with the emotions of losing another pet to another mistake you made! I had a dog for a month and his name was Luke, and you fucking took him away from me because you didn't think we could take care of a dog, then you fucking get another dog a year later!!! Nothing changed about our living conditions between those times. You just don't care about my say in shit. I didn't even have a say in owning this cat! And now I'm attached as fuck and my only feasible options are to fucking be a prick to your furniture and thus you or give her away! FUCK!

Luke was my only friend I could have at home because you declawed my other cat and he turned into a monster. And Sassy is the only pet I can hold at any time, don't take her from me. My heart can't handle this shit all time.

I just want everyone to be happy.

Been fending off an anxiety attack for the past three hours. On the one hand, I want to be proud of myself, being able to stay calm, and continuously pull myself back to reality for so long.

But at the same time... this is exhausting, and the Emotions™ only seem to be building up instead of quieting down like I'd hoped, and the more time that passes the worse I feel, and I just don't know what to dooooo. ;_;

Time To Just Pull All My Hair Out I Guess

Status
Not open for further replies.