RANT Your Brains Out #98274

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 hours. Two fucking hours! That's how long I had heat for before it went dead again. Mother fucking landlord is so fucking cheap he's going to keep calling a plumber to look at the damn broiler that has the piolet light constantly going out instead of just replacing the god damn thing and being done with it!

It's amazing how much watching sport can make you want to curl up into the fetal position, cry, and then just fucking die.

I don't wanna exist anymore. I feel like I have no purpose......I hate everything..... I just.....I feel so empty. I just want to be happy....

Me at 1AM: There's no way I'm going to get an adequate amount of sleep before tomorrow morning. I might as well just power right on through the night.

Me at 4AM: Well... sure. If I go to bed now then the most I'll get is 2-3 hours. But that's better than no hours, right? I'll just treat it more like a nap than a full night of sleep...

Me at 7AM: Naps were a bad idea

Day 2: I sound like a goose and my eyes are always watery. I have tasted death - er, Nyquil. It tastes worse than I expected.

I hate the 'gif' debate.
[spoili]
Like, RATIONALLY, I know 99% of people probably don't give a shit how you pronounce it. But I feel like this is just a joke that goes /too far/. Especially in American English, one word can be pronounced several different ways and it all can be fine.
And all the hard G gif people will say "this is the right way" or whatever but the jif people are like:
- the creator wants to call it jif
- linguistics say it's 50/50
- fuck you I prefer jif

Hard G gif people are basically like
- linguists are wrong, all the words that start with 'g' are hard 'g'
- fuck you, g gif is right

Like OK, if the argument is basically "fuck you I pronounce it how I want" then why can't jif people do that too?

This is something that really SHOULDN'T get me up in arms, but it does, and I steer far from bothering to actually argue about it anymore because 99% of the time, I'm the only one who cares.
But how can we, in american english, go "potayto pohtahto" (or tomato) in a totally lackadasical manner but
SUDDENLY
FUCK YOU IF YOU DON'T PRONOUNCE 'GIF' THE WAY I DO
??????????????????????????

This draws stunning (and also extremely annoying) parallels to the whole vegetarian bullying.
Like, I'm not even vegetarian, but I've 100% met far more dickheaded meat lovers than vegetarians trying to force vegatrianism on everything.
What kind of idiot responds to "sorry I don't eat meat" with
WELL MEAT IS AWESOME AND A MEAL JUST ISN'T A GOOD MEAL WITHOUT ALL THE MEATS AND LOL YOU JUST ARE MISSING ALL THE BEST MEATS MEAT IS DELICIOUS, WATCH ME EAT ALL THIS GLORIOUS MEAT IN FRONT OF YOU BECAUSE I'M A HUGE DICKBAG WHO CAN'T ACCEPT OTHER PEOPLE DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY THAN I DO"

But also a small backstory here
I grew up pronouncing gif with a hard 'g' before it was cool (lol yeah I know right)
but I got made fun of relentlessly for that so I trained myself to pronounce it jif instead.
And now of course jif is the totally uncool way to say it. And gifs are more prevalent than they used to be so now the occasion to actually use the word comes up more often than it used to
and tl;dr fuck you I'm not going through this again, I say it jif, grow the fuck up and get over it.
[/spoili]

unrelated.

I've been feeling like life sucks in general lately. Just a sucky mood overall.
But like... Life doesn't suck???
so why do I feel this way,
._.
[spoili]
to the point where old friend pops up online and brings up conversation
and I just complain about shit life things because I'm a huge downer.
Way to go me. =/
[/spoili]

unrelated again.
[spoili]It's undeniable now my cat has some sort of growths/tumors. Before I thoguht it was the 1, but now it's more than 1, and they're more noticeable now which means they're growing.
Now the correct thing to do here is to take him to a fucking vet.
But he doesn't seem to be in pain or anything so I've been putting it off. Partly because of that and partly because I'm 99% sure I couldn't afford surgery to correct the issue (or ongoing treatment if it ends up being cancer or something)
But I also kinda don't want to put him down either so.
Rather than be smart about this I'll just entirely avoid the whole situation like a fuckwit.
go me.
[/spoili]

Last edited:
oh boy oh golly gee I sure do love RANDOM ANXIETY SPIKES OVER TINY AND UNIMPORTANT THINGS WHICH REALLY SHOULDN'T EVEN REGISTER ON MY RADAR AT ALL GIVEN THE MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THINGS IN MY LIFE THAT I SHOULD BE STRESSED ABOUT AND YET...!!!!

I feel like I want to rant but I don't even know what to say or where to begin, much less how to actually say it.

I feel like I want to rant but I don't even know what to say or where to begin, much less how to actually say it.
Hello are you me

I just woke up from a dream in which my brain apparently decided it was necessary to just sort of... put together and entire Illuminations movie, and just let that play out for me.

Why.

I don't like Illuminations.

Day 3 doesn't exist because I was mostly in a haze of NyQuil. I had nowhere I needed to be so I decided "Fuck it, let's have a mini-coma". It worked?

But this isn't about that really. Lately I've been feeling disappointed in myself. Not like in a comparison sort of way, I've long since stopped comparing my life to other people's, it's just that I thought I'd be further along in life by now, you know? I mean I've come a long way from where I used to be. After a certain series of events I stopped leaving the house out of paralyzing fear. I healed over time and took general steps to betterness and healthy living. But there's one huge step I haven't taken yet and it's something that frightens me the most and thinking about it makes me cry and...ack, I can do everything else why can't I take this one step? What am I so fucking afraid of?!

me @ me: Ugh. "Suffering." Quit being so dramatic about it. It's called life; suck it up and deal with it, you privileged bitch.

Tonight's mood:

tumblr_inline_oou94jBA6p1rbu47w_540.jpg

I don't know why I thought going to the store this morning would be anything but miserable. I fucking hate shopping.......People treat me like a fucking ghost......I just don't want to exist sometimes.

drawing is hard
selling art is even harder

why have I chosen this life for myself

Well I'm not sure what happened but I am now hungry like all the time and I'm definitely getting way more calories than I need so if this continues I'm sure I'll be a huge fatass in no time.
but can I just
cookies
brownies

fuck whyyyyyyyy

Also justice league (spoilers)
[spoili]
overall: hard 'meh'. "Fun" movie but otherwise mixed reviews are fairly accurate. I have other stuff to vent about.

Mainly. Aquaman. Anf Flash.
We'll start with Aquaman.
HOLY FUCK HIS DIALOGUE WAS SO BAD
SOOOOOO BAD.
Maybe it's in character, idk, never kept up with aquaman really, but it seemed like his scenes were 80% "lol you dress like a bat" 5% "lasso of truth scene" and 5% actually plot relevant in some way.
Yes the dude is jacked and looks cool, I'm all about that polynesian representation and yeah I do really like the new aquaman character design but overall his character was shit and throwaway and what did he even DO???
He was kind of just there.... Was he supposed to be eye candy for the women? I don't get it. But onward.

Flash. Motherfucking flash.

His run looks ridiculous and goofy. Why the fuck does he run like that?
I get that he's kind of "newly flash" (though they don't really make that very clear in the movie imo) but he's constantly tripping over himself. Like, seriously, what kind of speedster is always rolling his ankle. The first time, I get it, but he did it more than once. Did he even really help the team more than he hindered it? Because it seemed like for every good thing he did, there were at least a few seconds spent saving the guy. C'mon.
And I love ezra miller and flash's character overall, he was a nice audience surrogate for me but come on.

Ugh and cyborg. The CGI in this movie overall was not great but Cyborg looked like a face plastered on a CGI model when in fact it was the other way around. It was so bad, and distracting, was that REALLY better than putting the dude in a suit? You could just make it out of EVA foam and give it CG enhancements, it would've looked fine. It's not like he was doing a billion stunts or anything.
Plus he wears a hoddi for 80% of the movie, I really don't think face prosthetics would've been so difficult. He was already wearing the glowy red eye thing.

And Steppenwolf was just... ok everyone complains about him but it was bad. Just. Really bad. He could've easily been a real person as well, I believe. But no, he just looks like he walked straight out of a game cutscene. Well at this point, maybe the whole movie should've been SquareEnix's next production. There's a problem when the Parademons are more fucking believable looking than Steppenwolf is.

Also everyone mentions Superman's lip. Personally the only time anything looked weird for him was the very first scene from the cellphone video. Everything else looked fine to me. But then again maybe I was just too distracted by cyborg's fake-looking ass.

There were a FEW scenes in this movie that I liked, but overall it's not a movie I'd recommend to anybody and it's also one I'm probably not going to buy on DVD (SHOCKER, honestly) unless they do some totally different cut of it.

There's 2 post credit scenes, the last one was the best scene in the entire film imo. DEATHSTROKE!!!
HE LOOKS SO BADASS!!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Maybe THAT movie will be worth seeing?!

Anyway, this production had so much shit thrown at it. But overall it feels like they were just trying to copy Marvel too much. Because in the end, that's really what this felt like overall. A marvel film. Which for me, are generally "meh" movies, with noticable CGI in weird parts of it, and just not something I really enjoy watching overall.

Whereas, I can take the crapfest that is BvS, and forgive that shitshow because a lot of the scenes were AMAZING. Warehouse batman was legit.

Justice League? I got... I guess there's only 1 scene that's KIND OF cool in my eyes, and that's when Superman sees the Flash and Flash is like "Oh fucking shit." That was pretty cool, but nowhere near as cool as warehouse batman.

The other scenes I liked weren't even in character.
Superman mocks Batman, throws him around, says "Do you bleed?"
Then a few seconds later when everything calms down, Batman's getting up from the grass and groaning and he says "Well, something's definitely bleeding."

Then the scene when Superman shows up to save the day, and that close up of Batman's face. Can't wait for that reaction gif to make the rounds.

Yeah they were funny and I laughed but let's be real here that's NOT Batman.
[/spoili]

What a shitty time to be a DC fan.

edit:
OH AND ALSO
(more justice league, but no movie spoilers)
[spoili]Something that I haven't seen ANYONE harp on but I WILL because it is RIDICULOUS

Is how SHIT the justice league movie advertising campaign has been. Not the claim that there wasn't much of it (which I don't agree with) but the fact that it just sucked.

The trailers I did not think flowed well. The song choices were shit, and totally overbearing, like the sound guy had never done a trailer before so didn't care about proper mixing or volumes (or didn't realize). It was like their first time in Premiere where they just rubber banded the hell out of it.

And the POSTERS
HOLY SHIT

I get you want to try and shove everybody's hero logos in but that shit looks like baby's first photoshop when they just discovered unicode symbols and wanted to make their titles look cool

That "You can't save the world alone" text looks ugly and trashy as hell.

This thing was doomed to shit from the beginning[/spoili]

Last edited:
Went to a free movie today with friends. It was fine and dandy, but I had a run-in with that one kind of dude who likes to show off to chicks and pick off weak-willed ones. Yeah, that went well. He asked to sit with us and one of my guy friends let him down quickly because this dude was real creepy. Then creepy dude turns to my friend and politely says, "Can you leave us alone?" I just...argh! Fuck off, dude, I am trying to have a movie night with my friends. Don't make this into a "alpha/cool guy" scenario.

He dared look at me like he was all betrayed before retreating to the theater doors. Fuck off.

That feel when you stare at the empty post box on the rant thread for like 10 minutes because, once again, you want to say things but you don't know how or where to begin. And it's all so much that you find yourself unable to say anything.

So despite ordering all my prescriptions at the same time, only one appears to have been filled and shipped. You know, the one I didn't actually need as much as the other two.
Because everyone knows you can just inject things without syringes!!

This is the second time they've forgotten the needles. I hate buying needles because 1. they're supposed to be free because it's the VA and 2. I look like a drug addict because they're not insulin needles. I hate asking for needles.

Status
Not open for further replies.