RANT Your Brains Out #98274

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to make art, but I'm sick so everything I attempt is crappy compared to my usual. Anatomy makes me cry. I should put the pen down but not doing art makes me feel useless. I feel like a broken cog.

And life comparisons keep buzzing through my head. Logically I know that everyone experiences life differently so comparing one's life to another is sheer foolishness. But everyone else I know is reaching their major life goals and I can't even figure out how to cheaply make a tire for my cosplay... priorities.

I'm worried about my general lack of... well. Control isn't the right word, but it is close.

The motivation to do necessary tasks, or the restraint to not do something that will make a fool of myself... Sometimes it feels like the real me is some miniature bit in the back of my brain just along for the ride, swept up in whatever emotions the rest of my body is conjuring. These mistakes keep happening but I've yet to learn from a single one. I'm not sure what to do.

Historical inaccuracies. I mean it's fine if your work is priding itself with how fictitious it is, go ahead, have a ball. But if you're like "my movie is realistic fiction" do your research! Make sure the right characters are speaking the right language. Make it believable. Don't try to say using the wrong language is "wordplay" when it's just plain using the wrong language. Your "realistic" character cannot just know a language without being taught. Asjkflsdjlfsd

Some days I complain about things that are important to a degree. Today is not that day.

I did something. I don't know what, but I did something to strain a muscle in my right hip area and now it hurts to even move my leg, let alone get up and walk around.

It's not Old Pain, but it's not exactly New Pain either so it's really throwing me for a loop. I don't know. If it doesn't go away in the next few days or if it gets worse, I guess I'll go to the clinic and see if it's anything

I hate myself. I can't do anything right. I can't even make a fucking pair of pants for a god damn doll. I'm worthless.

I get the feeling I'm going to be having anxiety dreams tonight...

Although, that didn't actually happen the last time I went to bed feeling anxious like this, so... maybe that's a good sign...?

I know I'll come off as some insensitive douchebag, but I really hate girls who spin everything to themselves.
Talking about fantasy plot writing? Oh let me pop in and talk about how safe I feel with my boyfriend next to me
Ask if they like erotica? Oh let's just turn that to how much I hate it because I was assaulted in the past

like wtf, we don't need your life story, nobody even asked for that shit.

Stop ruining my happy creative time because you need validation from complete internet strangers. Yes you're a fucking girl, and no acting cute does not endear you to the rest of us. Maybe some gay ass neckbeards who never leave the confines of their homes, and think every woman online is a precious unicorn to be cherished.

Like if you aren't going to fucking contribute, why are you even here. When writing comedy, we can discuss some religious or sexual jokes, and you come from whatever stinking abyss that you came from and preach about how you aren't comfortable with that shit cuz you're catholic. Like the conversation isn't about you. You never participated in anything. The fuck you butting in for?

Fuck, I don't need a play by play of how sick you're feeling. How much gas you're passing, or how you spent the whole day doing nothing lel. How can you possibly think people are interested in that garbage. Even worst are those who harp on how good their lives are in chat. Bitch, you spend over 10 hours a day doing fuckall in chat, your life isn't that great ok.

I can't even call them out on their bullshit since it would kill the mood and ruin the community, and I'd be seen as that asshole who hates on girls. No, I don't hate girls. They are some of the creative, funniest, and hard working individuals I know. I hate basic lonely bitches who need attention from internet strangers and have literally nothing else to fucking offer.

You think constantly repeating how much you like hwugs give you a personality? It doesn't, because you have the personality of a bag of chalk, but at least a chalk can be used to write with. You are a cancer to all things fun and productive. You might as well write 'I'm a basic bitch' in permanent marker on your forehead for how much you contribute to a conversation.

Look, I know it ain't your fault entirely. There are plenty of enablers out there, and they are rather pathetic too. But for the love of god, can't we lock you all in some closet, and you can engage in all manners of your attention whoring away from people who are actually trying to write and create? Like you can roleplay, circle jerk, engage in acts of self fellatio, nobody gives a shit. Just stop derailing my fucking group brainstorming activities

Lol @ the fact that the reason why all my Photobucket links broke is because apparently now you need an upgraded account just to be able to embed the images on other websites.

Even though the only reason I ever used Photobucket in the first place was so that I could have someplace to upload and host images, so that I would have a URL to use when posting those images on sites like these. And I can't think of any reason why anyone else would be using Photobucket aside from that same reason.

And lol @ the fact that the login button is so broken that I literally can't upload anything else. I'd been having a problem for a while now where, if I clicked the upload button, it would make me log in again (despite being logged in before I clicked the upload button, and having not spent any time sitting idle or anything), but at least then it would still allow me to upload after logging in a second time. But now, after I log in, it just takes me back to my library. And so, when I click the upload button from there, I'm forced to log in again. And then I go back to my library. And then I try to upload, and I have to log in again. And then I'm sent back to my library. Etc etc, an endless loop of entering my username and password.

The only thing I can use my Photobucket account for now, is to browse through all the stuff I've already uploaded. But even that feels like a nearly-impossible task, as the Photobucket library has been reduced to a glitchy abomination.

Congrats, Photobucket. I realized years ago that you were turning into a piece of shit website, and that I should probably start using a different image hosting service. But I kept on using you even though I knew your website is trash, just because I didn't feel like breaking my routine and searching for a better option. You managed to keep me around solely due to my laziness and stubbornness, despite becoming progressively worse.

And now, the only reason I'm finally leaving (aside from the fact that you now expect me to pay money just to do the bare minimum of what an image hosting site can do, which I can find for free on plenty of other sites), is because you have become so broken that I literally could not continue to use your service even if I wanted to. You are too glitchy to be functional.

Let me know how that business model works out for you.

Our landlord came to talk to us about our porch windows. It's no secret that they are falling out. Instead of putting money forward to fixing the windows, his big idea is to board them up and slap siding onto them and upping our rent for it. So we are spending out of pocket to fix the windows because if that porch gets boarded up our entire living room will be in the dark and rent would be hella expensive. Thanks, but no thanks. It's cheaper to just put in windows ourselves. Fuck him.

This is the same man who painted the set of stairs we don't use, had our roof "fixed" when there was nothing wrong with it, and never assessed our flooding damages. We have been flooded 3 times. There is heavy debris from the 2nd flood, he's been here many times since it happened, it's not like he can't see it. We even told him about it. Wtf. Fix the shit that matters.

ITS HOT
I LIVE UP NORTH I AM NOT BUILT TO SURVIVE 31 DEGREES CELSIUS
PLS HAVE MERCY ON ME GLOBAL WARMING

Reactions: RAIN.cloud
There are a lot of things that I now realize cannot be squared. I recently read a quote that there are no endings, but only ways to cope. That hit me really hard as a nihilist. When I'm pushing against the proverbial plow to cut through everything that is false, coping is absurd. Why cope?

I think about love and friendship, and that being the ultimate way to cope, and how I'm no longer part of that. There are days I want to inflict the pain of what I think to others, but the pain is my own. Nothing I do seems to matter. It doesn't matter if I don't have a wife or a kid. It doesn't matter what kind of job I have, or what I like. I want to be invested in my own life, but all I feel is a crushing force that reminds me that all I'm doing is hiding from painful memories. Dating no longer seems a possibility for me; I don't even know how to make friends anymore, except online. What could I offer a person anyway, except for crushing nihilism, with a side of constant self-loathing and depression? I can't fake being a family man. I can't fake buying into the distractions that other people use to cope. I can't fake being a person fooled by intrinsic meaning. Without ways to cope, what can I do except suffer? It's all so wrong. Suffering is as equally meaningless as joy. I don't know what to do.

ITS HOT

Same. I am fragile and cannot handle the heat

Reactions: Sidhe
there's never really been any question what sin I embody. it's always been envy

I am such a miserable, bitter, jealous creature.

ITS HOT
What's 31 degrees Celsius? Someone translate for my lame American brain

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Joan
Some people really don't understand what "freedom of speech" is. You can't hide behind the phrase to save yourself from the people who disagree with you. Freedom of speech protects diversity of thought. So if you call someone derogatory or racist terms in a public forum you best prepare to get harsh criticisms via text from at least one other person.

Also someone disagreeing with you is not synonymous with an Internet troll. It's just someone disagreeing with you.

Not talking about Iwaku, you guys are perf. T~T

Also our landlord is sending another house inspector our way. I bet he's trying to bait the person into saying the windows need boarding up. Haaaah.

Tl;dr - Ugh, people.

I hate liars. I mean, what's the point in lying anyway? It's so freaking stupid. One of these days I'll stop being a nice person and explode on the next person that lies to me.

Okay, one more for the day. I went shopping with my mom for a couple hours, everything was fine and normal, we came home and I was absolutely bushed from the trip. I decided I could take a nap for an hour. Apparently not. I wake up and everything was wrong. My niece had the TV speakers up super loud, the sink was broken, my mom had left the house angry, and I had missed a ton of texts.

I left too because fuck it. I don't care for my sister. All she does is start drama and brag. For. Hours. I've been gone for 5 hours and she just barely left before I got back. Why? And apparently she tried to play the fool when mom got back. "I was trying to figure out what was wrong..." Go the fuck home! We don't want you to hang around our house, crying about how you should be home cleaning. If you want to clean, go clean! Don't fucking waste our time and eat all our food. We have shit to do that we can't do while you're around, like idk life! I was going to work on cosplay after my nap, but nope. My day is pretty much shot now. GGWP.

Tl;dr - Ugh, people...the sequel.

• Love
I hate liars. I mean, what's the point in lying anyway? It's so freaking stupid. One of these days I'll stop being a nice person and explode on the next person that lies to me.
Same.

One thing that kinda bugs me about the GoT fandom.

The fact that some people think that Rhaegar's romantic tendencies make him not a rapist. It's like they have this caricature of a rapist in their minds, like all rapists are so openly lecherous about what they do. It's like dude. Rapists can seem like perfectly ordinary people. They can like appear to be charming and romantic and loving and all that. Not every single fucking rapist is like "ME DICK IN YOU RIGHT NOW RAARGH". Some of them aren't as overt, okay. Just because Rhaegar was some harp playing romantic does not mean he is automatically cleared of being a rapist scumfuck. Seriously, I really don't know where people get this idea that you can just instantly spot a rapist.

Oh and before you bring up Lyanna being in love with Rhaegar, that really does not matter at all IMO. Rhaegar was like twenty something. Lyanna was like 15. She was a minor even by Westerosi standards (IIRC GRRM said that 16 = adult). So Rhaegar's still a rapist even if Lyanna was in love with him. Seriously like it's like everyone's blinded by Rhaegar love to realize how creepy he is. I'm honestly glad that Robert killed him. I wouldn't hate Rhaegar so much if people didn't stop glamourizing him like some honourable guy.

Like dude seriously this guy is the guy who like treats his wife like a breeding station. And when she's too weak for a third child (muh prophecy) he just goes after Lyanna instead. Who's a minor... and this guy is supposed to be someone we look up to?
EDIT: Don't give me that Targ polygamy bs either. It wasn't practiced by the time Rhaegar was Prince and it doesn't excuse his poor treatment of his family either way. Takes two to tango otherwise it's cheating - really doubt Elia said sure bud go fuck that Stark girl.

He's so incompetent like I really really doubt everyone who calls him bookish and smart and w/e. This guy literally kidnaps Lyanna (and even if she went "willingly", do you really think she would stay without any word while her family gets killed? I really think that even if she went "willingly", Rhaegar must have kept her inside once word got out) and is too stupid to realize the consequences... he's all talk. He wants to overthrow his father but he never does even while he's burning people up. And people saying shit like oh, Robert got lucky and shit like... Rhaegar won like one tournament. And it was jousting too, not a real battle.

Okay like I seriously went off topic there but the main point is that just because someone is romantic or is nice or has whatever the fuck good qualities ascribed to Rhaegar does not mean that they cannot be rapists. It's like they never met a rapist before and like is just using a caricature: RAPISTS AREN'T FUCKING OGRES OR SOME SHIT THAT JUST CHARGE AT YOU AND SHIT. THEY'RE HUMAN AND THEY ACT LIKE HUMANS. AND JUST LIKE HOW A MURDERER CAN SEEM NICE SO TOO CAN A RAPIST. like fucking seriously!! I'm sick of the fandom saying shit like, "oh, Rhaegar can't be a rapist. He was too gentle for that." Like no. Rapists can appear to be gentle too. They can seem loving and caring and romantic and whatever the fuck else on the surface.

And it's like people forget just how stupid kids can be. Fuck like I can't even go into details but like dude. When I was a kid like I was easily manipulated and very trusting and shit. I hate how people keep saying, "oh dude it's okay dude Lyanna was totally in love with Rhaegar". I can totally get Lyanna - I would have probably fallen for Rhaegar as well. Doesn't make it right.

Fuck I can't even put this into words.
Just so you know: rapists aren't all bumbling dumbfucks. They can seem to be as sweet and as loving as any other human. So don't deny accusations of Rhaegar being a rapist with "omg he played harps". Seriously like this isn't even about Rhaegar TBQH. Like this is beyond Rhaegar like this is real life. I'm so so so so so sick of people saying stuff like "dude he'd never do that he was like a family friend and shit".

Fuck Rhaegar.

I'm also sick of people that say shit like "omg GoT is a medieval society what did u expect omg". Like dude. Just because I expected it doesn't mean I can't complain about it. I can like GoT and criticize its shittiest members (like the Dothraki, Wildlings, and the Ironborn) at the same time.

I hope Cersei blows up the world with wilfefire tbh.

This rant probably doesn't even make sense lol

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.