RANT RANT and GRUMP Your Brains Out! #643x8.4

Iwaku

Edgenoble
Original poster
SITE ACCOUNT
RANT and GRUMP Your Brains Out!

Are you super grumpy about something, you need to vent, and it just doesn't warrant getting a topic dedicated to it? Use this thread as your virtual punching bag to rant, hiss, spit, grumble, huff, and cry about that one thing driving you bonkers.

Because of the hissy nature of this thread, we do have a few guidelines and rules.

DO NOT USE THIS THREAD TO:
  • Rant about members of Iwaku, either by name or alluding to situations.
  • Trash talk people on other websites.
  • Name and bash other websites.
  • Post abusive content or threats of violence.
  • Make suicide threats.

All other rules of Iwaku also apply!

SNAAAAAAAARRRRL!

Obsidian Miscreant

「 Beasts Under the Guise of Men 」
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
One Post a Week, Slow As Molasses
My Usual Online Time
It varies depending on my work schedule, as well as other personal factors.
Writing Levels
Advanced, Prestige
Genders You Prefer Playing
Male, Androgynous, Primarily Prefer Male
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
As a semi-control freak, I enjoy building stories, and keeping the ball rolling.
With that being said, I expect my partners to do the same. Both parties need to actively contribute, or else our partnership is essentially meaningless.
Favorite Genres
I tend to favor a mixture of the following: Dark Fantasy, Romance, Mature, Action/Adventure, and Drama being my mains.
Genre You DON'T Like
I am not a fan of: Gore, excessive horror, and have zero interest in any rp's involving zombies.

As an added side note I would like to mention something else. This is not genre related, but an overall dislike, that of which consists of rping with character bases that resemble children and/or possess overly childlike features in terms of their physical appearance, yet are passed off as 18+ in their bios.

No. Just no. If you intend to roleplay an adult character then they should LOOK the part. Not appear as a 12 or 13 year old within a redstar setting.
100% not looking forward to resuming work tomorrow.
I'm already exhausted just thinking about it.

Astaroth

My sun sets to rise again.
ADMINISTRATOR
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays, Chat Roleplays
Posting Speed
Speed of Light, Slow As Molasses
My Usual Online Time
It varies a lot depending on my schedule, unfortunately.
Writing Levels
Adaptable
Primarily Prefer Male
I play what's needed, but I do like to take the lead. In my one-on-ones, I often like being the "Game Master" in the sense of creating the setting, controlling NPCs, and steering the plot. But I still like input and collaboration from my partners. In group games, I prefer to be the GM or to play a leading or mentor role.
Favorite Genres
I love a little bit of everything. My top choices would be Horror, Modern Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, Magical Realism, Noir, Steampunk, Cyberpunk, Splatterpunk, Post-Apocalyptic, Historical, Mystery, old-school High Fantasy, and Sci-Fi (especially Spacesagas). I'd love to do some occasional Clockpunk or Weird West or Wuxia or Dieselpunk, too.
Genre You DON'T Like
I guess the only thing I don't particularly care for is high school drama, and even that can be fun with a good hook.
I!
Hate!
The Admin!
Control Panel!

LuckycoolHawk9

Take My Hand, It's Safe
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays, Private Convo Roleplays
Posting Speed
Several Posts a Day, A Few Posts A Day, One Post a Day
My Usual Online Time
Will be updated when school year starts. For now, pretty much whenever
Male
Mostly Passive, Sometimes Agressive
I hate how my leg gave out when I woke up (yesterday morning) and that it is still in pain.

neptune

𝚕𝚒𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕
SECURITY DEPARTMENT
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays, Not Taking RP Invites at this Time, Private Convo Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week, Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Prestige, Adaptable
Male, Female, No Preferences
I'm a planner, and I tend to throw out ideas left and right and hope that something sticks, so I'm probably more on the aggressive side, but RPing is a partnership and I'm always willing to take a step back.
Favorite Genres
Slice of Life, Horror, Fandoms, Superheroes, Crime, Drama, Grit, Supernatural, Light Sci-Fi, Modern Era, Dark Themes
Genre You DON'T Like
Furry, MLP, High Fantasy, Anime
I'm so glad that I paid a professional to come into my house and fuck up my sump pump even worse so that it could spring a leak???? and be on its way to flooding my basement! THAT HOUR SPENT MOPPING WAS GREAT!

• Sympathy
Reactions: Astaroth

ᴛᴏᴄᴋᴀ

Melancholia Personified
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays, Private Convo Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts A Day, One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week, Slow As Molasses
My Usual Online Time
Whenever my boss decides to let me go home. (Usually between 5-11 EST)
Writing Levels
Advanced, Prestige, Douche, Adaptable
Male, Female, Primarily Prefer Female
I like being the boss lady, and I am slightly obsessive, so I guess you could call me aggressive.
Favorite Genres
Modern, Futuristic, Paranormal, Fantasy, Medieval, Romance, Horror, pretty much everything.
Genre You DON'T Like
Not the best at sci-fi...Anything related to Twilight, Fifty Shades, and most anime.
I want to see my daughter, but I really can't handle the three hour drive to the hospital. Screw the stupid crisis worker who had her sent there. I hope she steps on a Lego barefoot every single day for the rest of her life and twice on Tuesdays.

Maggie

Officially Nonexistent.
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
Speed of Light
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept, Douche, Adaptable
Female
Favorite Genres
horror, fantasy, magical, paranormal, hetero romance
Genre You DON'T Like
sci fi,
I HAVE SO MUCH TO RANT AND BITCH ABOUT I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START EVEN.

Reactions: Rebornfan120

ᴛᴏᴄᴋᴀ

Melancholia Personified
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
A Few Posts A Day, One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week, Slow As Molasses
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
I like being the boss lady, and I am slightly obsessive, so I guess you could call me aggressive.
Favorite Genres
Modern, Futuristic, Paranormal, Fantasy, Medieval, Romance, Horror, pretty much everything.
Genre You DON'T Like
Not the best at sci-fi...Anything related to Twilight, Fifty Shades, and most anime.
I just have to get through this fucking drive one more time and I'll never have to do it again. Seriously though, fuck this drive. Two hours in the car while my husband scares the shit out of me with his speed is not my idea of fun. If I ever see the asshole who put my daughter in a hospital in fucking Philadelphia, I'm going to shove my foot up her ass.

• Sympathy
Reactions: Maggie

Maggie

Officially Nonexistent.
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
Speed of Light
Writing Levels
Female
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
sci fi,
DAMN CAT STOP BITING THE SHIT OUT OF ME YOU NARDBAGEL. I WILL BITE YOUR TAIL EFFF!!!! :{

I also hate all the crap errands I have to run today. I hate job hunting. I hate -still- being the only moron paying bills in this apartment even though bf lives here for free- I hate living here because DRUG ASS neighbors try to break in every other stupid day. And I hate my land lord/ office management and maintenance for not fixing what they need to: Kitchen trampoline/floor and sagging bathroom toilet! Holy fuuuuuuuck do I hate this place. -throws entire apartment under a bus.

Rebornfan120

Edgenoble
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays, Chat Roleplays, Private Convo Roleplays
Posting Speed
Several Posts a Day, A Few Posts A Day, A Few Posts a Week
My Usual Online Time
Mornings, Afternoons and Evenings
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept, Adaptable
Male, Primarily Prefer Male
Both
Favorite Genres
Action, Adventure, Romance, Magical, Fantasy, Furry, Modern, Supernatural, Naurto, RWBY, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Avatar/Korra, Hunter, Games, Fandoms
Genre You DON'T Like
Gore unless used properly
Oh where to begin...I'll start with how bad ghosters for roleplayers. It seems to be so much more of them now it is sickening, frustrating and boarderline toxic on their behavior is. They display interest and then immediately back out, no warning, no hint or anything whatsoever.
Ghosters are dishonorable for doing this, especially when it could be someone coming off a hiatus or a slump in order to stave off of the rut and a ghoster sets them back in.
I swear ghosters need either rehab or somewhere they can commune and not be toxic with this trend.

Maggie

Officially Nonexistent.
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
Speed of Light
Writing Levels
Female
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
sci fi,
I hate being ghosted. It COMPLETELY emofies my whole day, and I'm left to dwell on how bad my writing and or character development was... I feel you there, Rebornfan120.

• Sympathy
Reactions: Rebornfan120

ᴛᴏᴄᴋᴀ

Melancholia Personified
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
I didn't want to be a manager, to begin with, but I only agreed to it because no one wanted to work with the dude from the other store. The condition was, I be given a driver that works. Giving me that asshole who sits on his ass all day waiting for deliveries is not giving me a driver that works! There is no way I'm going to be able to deal with big orders when I have no fucking help. Ugh...

ᴛᴏᴄᴋᴀ

Melancholia Personified
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
My husband was right. I am an idiot for giving people chances.

ᴛᴏᴄᴋᴀ

Melancholia Personified
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope! This recipe sucks! I don't care how much my family likes it, I am never making chicken and dumplings this way again. The dumplings were gross.

Obsidian Miscreant

「 Beasts Under the Guise of Men 」
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
One Post a Week, Slow As Molasses
My Usual Online Time
It varies depending on my work schedule, as well as other personal factors.
Writing Levels
Advanced, Prestige
Male, Androgynous, Primarily Prefer Male
As a semi-control freak, I enjoy building stories, and keeping the ball rolling.
With that being said, I expect my partners to do the same. Both parties need to actively contribute, or else our partnership is essentially meaningless.
Favorite Genres
I tend to favor a mixture of the following: Dark Fantasy, Romance, Mature, Action/Adventure, and Drama being my mains.
Genre You DON'T Like
I am not a fan of: Gore, excessive horror, and have zero interest in any rp's involving zombies.

As an added side note I would like to mention something else. This is not genre related, but an overall dislike, that of which consists of rping with character bases that resemble children and/or possess overly childlike features in terms of their physical appearance, yet are passed off as 18+ in their bios.

No. Just no. If you intend to roleplay an adult character then they should LOOK the part. Not appear as a 12 or 13 year old within a redstar setting.
Fuck.LaserShip.
By far THE shittiest of shipping carriers.
Every single time my packages are handed over to them for delivery there is a problem!
WITHOUT FAIL

ᴛᴏᴄᴋᴀ

Melancholia Personified
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
I thought we'd gotten my daughter out of her bad habits. I let her go out. I let her have friends over. Then my husband tosses me a Juul and tells me he got it out of her room.

Back to locking everything up and treating her like a toddler again...

ピタゴラス

憂鬱
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
Writing Levels
Advanced, Prestige, Adaptable
Male, Female, Transgender, Androgynous, Primarily Prefer Male
as the role play gradually progresses I tend to become moderately aggressive since I have more of a feel for it, and I will throw ideas at you 24/7 be warned lmao
Genre You DON'T Like
furry , historical , yeah no
i am a fucking trash fire that’s it i have 0 friends and my college professor keeps twlking about denzel washington ma’am i just want to learn fucking sociology so i can be successful in my major

my eyes hurt because i’ve consecutively and ( silently ) sobbed in starbucks while sipping on the venti caramel frappuccino i always order and i’m sure the baristas probably say “shit here we go again” when they see me come in @ barista that probably won’t see this i’m so sorry for being a fucking mess please put my hand in a fucking blender (:

i get less than three hours of sleep because of how much coffee i chug like i’m a fuckinf addict and i have another 20 paged research paper due tonight i’m only on the Tenth page but im binging on cookies and listening to xanny on repeat instead of Being the productive motherfucker i’m supposed to be goodbye as fuck

Kuno

Ugh. As if
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept, Advanced, Prestige, Adaptable
No Preferences
I'm fine doing both. However, while I am ok with being the passive player, it would be nice if the aggressive player took suggestions from me every once in a while.
Favorite Genres
Fantasy, Sci fi, Romance, Historical, Modern, Supernatural
Genre You DON'T Like
School life
I'm really tired of arguing with people all day. At work, at home...Never any breaks.

ᴛᴏᴄᴋᴀ

Melancholia Personified
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
I fucking hate inconsiderate people! Everyone at one of my boss' other stores walked off the job meaning that he has to scrounge to find people to cover shifts until he can hire new employees. Thanks to those assholes, I now have to work on my only weekend day off. Not only do I have to work, I have to work open through rush which is going to be at least 10 hours on the weekend. Then I'll have to come in on Sunday for my normal shift. Why did they walk out? I don't have a clue. The job isn't that fucking hard.

Now today is my only day off and I don't even get to enjoy doing nothing at all because my daughter has a doctor's appointment.

Maggie

Officially Nonexistent.
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
Speed of Light
Writing Levels
Female
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
sci fi,
In so much pain through most of my body- but not limited to- stupid horrible teeth today. OW