Raised On Dust n' Dirt; Once In A Lifetime

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elia saw right through shiloh's smile. She knew that smile. She could see that smile even if she was blindfolded. It was a smile she'd given many, many times before. She sat in a chair in the back, writing in her notebook. It was a notebook where she kept all of her songs and stories, and it was the only thing that had ever seen them. She closed her eyes as lyrics flooded into her brain. She smiled and wrote down another few verses
Even if the stars fall down tonight
Will you stay here right by my side?
And even if the moon comes crashing down
Will you stay with me until I drown?

She closed her notebook, hugging it to her chest. Nobody except her had ever seen her notebook, And nobody ever would. She preferred keeping things like that close to her, Because she knew from experience that you couldn't trust people. Even if they trusted you.
She opened her notebook back up and started writing some more lyrics, tuning out everything around her.

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Larkin only gave Shiloh a clueless shrug, hands in his pockets. "Glad you're better," he replied to Ella. "I am, too." In all honesty, Larkin hardly cared whether or not a girl was on her period. Surprisingly enough, he was more mature about it than most guys. "Sweet," he replied to Shiloh, offering a thumbs up. He absently fingered different notes on his guitar, boredly. Though, he grinned when Zach pulled up. "Hey, hey, glad to see another guy finally showed," he said, teasingly. He only shrugged absently. "Why don'tcha ask Ella? She's assistant manager here, not me."

~~~~~~

Dragomira smiled thankfully, rubbing her neck. "Uhh, I think it's at Liddy's..?" She pulled out her phone, checking the group chat. "Yeah, Liddy's," she confirmed, softly. She looked to the floor, sheepishly scuffling her feet. "I hate to ask, but.. Uh.. Could you..? Could you maybe give me a ride?" she asked, sheepishly. That time span of being incapable of moving on the ground had caused her to miss the bus, and she wasn't sure if any of her other bandmates were still in the building.

• Love
Reactions: CookieMonster
"Yeah, do you need a ride?" She held up her keys to a family heirloom of sorts. Her father had refurbished the car when he found it for 100 dollars at a vintage store, that sold cars for some reason. The whole story was a little fishy, but she got an amazing car out of it. It was some 1970s convertable. Her father had told her the name a billion times, but she really only cared that they were able to put a brand new radio and sound system into it. It also had a brand new engine and barely made any noise.

She smiled at Leo, clicking the heels of her Jeffery Campbell Coltranes together.

• Love
Leo thought about it. A ride in an actual car would be better then the old bus. He nodded "Yeah, that would be great" He said grinning. He didn't have a car even though he could drive so it was usually the bus that got him to or from school. He took out his phone and quickly texted his mom about what was going on, not bothering to wait for the normal answer, which was no. He stuffed his phone into his pocket. His parents almost never let him do anything because it was 'too dangerous' in reality he was pretty sure that it was because if he was away from home, they couldn't be constantly watching him. "Lead the way" He said smiling

• Love
Elia wrote down more lyrics as she thought of the tune in her head. She looked up and saw them conversing, so she snuck out of the garage and around the house. She chose a bright green piece of grass next to the house, and started singing out the lyrics, adjusting them to fit the tune
And sometimes suns die
but they keep on shining
And sometimes lights Lie
on how bright they want to be And
Some times our hearts
Break when we don't want them to
but darling, I know..
I'll be right here for you
Ohh Oh-oh
And sometimes
Love dies
when we're so caught up in it
and sometimes we lie
To protect ourselves from the fall-out
And sometimes
We break, When everyone's counting on us
And we can't stop
Our hearts
But darling, I know
When it comes crashing.. down.
I know I'll be here for you, forever and now.
I know when our minds try to figure out how
I'll save you from heartbreak
So don't tell me no.
We'll be.. Just fine.
In our lives

Elia wrote the last of her lyrics and sang it out again, closing her eyes as she sang it out.
Her lyrics and her tune reminded her of Ed sheeran's song The A Team.
She smiled and closed her eyes as the sun warmed her skin.

• Love
Liddy spun on her heels and walked towards the door. "It's in the parking lot, right in front of the door." Not many people drove to school, so she was lucky to get great spots every day.

Shiloh looked up from what she was doing, looking over at Zach. "Oh, hey. Yeah, well, in the car today, Grete came up with the awesome idea of punk-i-fy-ing oldie songs and theater songs, maybe even some Disney songs." Shiloh turned to where she thought Elia was, but Elia was gone. She frowned. "Oh. Well, since our assistant manager is missing, I cant ask." She became a little defeated. "We'll probably just practice with a bunch of covers. See if anybody's come up with any song ideas." She finished the grueling process of setting up her keyboard and contently pressed a random key, hearing it blast from the amps. She smiled slightly.

Elia smiled and stood back up, walking into the garage. She was tired, but she was always tired, so she pushed herself to get through tonight. She saw Shiloh talking to Zach and she smiled at them, her mood increasing to a happier note. She tapped Shiloh on the shoulder. "Do you know where the last Amp went?" She asked, just noticing the missing amp herself.

Zach grinned sheepishly and looked at Ella "what are our plans?" He asked more directly. Before Zachary hadn't been specifically asking anyone in particular. "What's the matter Larkin, you don't like being surrounded by a bunch of girls?" He smirked, the green eyed teen held a friendly, joking tone. Sure, the band wasn't always that close, but they weren't enemies.

Juliette nodded lightly "of course, Charles is already here, do you have everything?" The small girl asked patiently. Julie wasn't in a rush, Charles was a patient man, much better than the chauffeur she had until she was eight. "Do you think we'll do anythig for um... Halloween?" She asked after a few moment as she began to lead the way to their ride. This time she was just thankful that her father hadn't sent Charles with the limousine ... That had hust felt incredibly awkward... But her dad was just trying to be nice, after all, he had been proud when she got into the band... It was a new accomplishment. This time the black Volvo with the wooden and leather interior had been tacken and the silvery-blue eyed teen was able to breathe a sigh of relief.

Larkin seemed open to the idea, till Disney was brought up. His nose wrinkled at the thought. "I'm all for oldies, but Disney? Really?" Absently, he started playing the intro of 'Sweet Child O' Mine'. "I mean, do you guys realize how bad of an inf-" he cut himself short, blinking. Was he really about to say that? Jeez, what was he turning into? Sure, he didn't let his sister watch Disney because it was truly a horrific influence and standard-setter, but there was absolutely no need fro the band to know he thought that. "..What I was going to say was that Disney's just outright terrible," he lied, continuing on the song. "Hey, sounds good to me," he replied with a grin. "Welcome back, manager numero dos," he mused as Ella walked back in. He chuckled at Zach's comment. "Hey, considering they're around me twenty-four-seven, they can get to be a bit of a bore~" he laughed with a playful smirk.

Dragomira sighed in relief, and gave a nod. "Thank you, it really means a lot.." she thanked with a smile, following quietly. "Yeah, all I need is in here," she replied, nodding to her bag in her arms. Carrying her backpack on her shoulders only brought extreme pain and strain to her back, so she stuck to carrying it in her arms. She seemed to consider the question, before offering a simple shrug. "Knowing Leo and Liddy? Oh yeah," she mused with a slight laugh.

"That sounds awesome" Zach said lightly, smiling at Shiloh before turning his attention back to Larkin "alright, I get that... But what's wrong with Disney man? It's basically cute fluff that most people like, I mean, my sister loves it... She'd probably go throgh the roof with excitement if she heard us do our own version of a disney song" he said pointedly. The tan teen was curious as to why his bandmate didnt like Disney, but he wouldn't push. "I might have an extra amp or two back at my house, I can go grab them if you need Elia" he offered, overhearing the conversation slightly.

Juliette smiled, a half giggle escaping as she straightened up and climbed handed her bejeweled phone to Charles "Salut Charles, peut vous déposer Dragomira et je descendre à Liddy de s'il vous plaît? Nous allons y pratiquer et avoir un concert de dernière minute plus tard. Je vais vous donner un appel quand je suis fait" Juliette greeted the Chauffeur in French and explained how she would please like to be dropped off with her friend at Liddy's for practice but they had a gig later and she would call once they were done. She also mentioned how she had already put the address into her phone so the directions were ready to go. Sliding into the open car door she slid into the back seat and placed her things on the ground, buckling while she waited for Mira to enter the car. After the other girl had entered Charles closed the door and began to drive once everything was set up.

Elia scoffed at larkin and playfully punched him in the shoulder. Although she was being playful, Elia had been boxing all summer and her punches, Well, Had a punch. Elia shook her head, spotting it in the corner. "No i found it, Thanks." She said to zach. After retrieving it, she glanced at Shiloh, her smile returning. "That would be amazing!" Elia exclaimed, jumping up in down. Her mind raced for ideas of some songs. She blushed, and quieted down a bit. She couldn't believe what she was about to say. "I-I have some experience in song writing, Parodies and re-vamping songs, I've written a few before.. If you wanted we could pick out three different songs, Take all of our ideas for the songs and we could change it up?" She suggested, biting on her bottom lip.

Larkin shrugged nonchalantly, still playing Sweet Child O' Mine enthusiastically. "What's there to like?" he scoffed, smirking. "I mean... It's practically all circled around helpless princess, good-for-nothing parents, all trans-gender villains and wimpy animal companions," he explained, gagging in a playful exaggeration. "Besides; all it does is enforce demeaning stereotypes. You let your sister watch that kind of thing?" he mused, shooting Zach a playful grin. Then, he looked to Elia. "Sounds awesome to me," he chimed in reply. Then, he abruptly stopped playing the song, a childish grin spreading on his features. "So, that being said......" He suddenly started playing again, though, it was now a completely different song. This happened to be the chorus of... "Hit me with your best shot! Why don'tcha hit me with your best shot," he sang, a playful gleam to his eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~

Dragomira watched the exchange quietly, clueless as to what the conversation entailed. She knew a lot of languages, but French wasn't one of them. Russian, ASL, latin, old english, spanish, and a bit of Dutch? Yes. French? No. So, she awkwardly got into the car after Jules, twiddling her thumbs sheepishly. "So, uh.. You excited as I am?" she mused, in attempt to make conversation. It wasn't too easy when you were as shy and socially awkward as she was.

Leo nodded and followed Liddy. He was excited to see how the band did today, he was hoping that someone at the restaurant would be interested in them and hire them for something, even if it was just a birthday party. Ok, maybe not a birthday party but something would be nice. He opened the door and held it for Liddy. "Now, just point out the car and we can get there before anyone else" He said with a smile.

Elia burst out laughing, because she remembered a certain version of it. Without thinking, she starts singing with him. Although she says something different. "Hit me with your pet shark! Come on and hit me with your pet shark!"
She had a smile on her face as she danced to the music, her laughter in-between the lyrics.

• Love
Liddy pointed to the fiery red convertible just a few paces in front of them.
images-2.jpg
She held up the keys and jingled them. "Wanna drive? If I've learned anything from watching clueless 50 times it's that it's really hard to drive in platforms." She looked down at her shoes sheepishly.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Leo snatched them and grinned "I don't think you understand how little i've been able to drive since i got my license." He said and opened the door. He put the key in and started the car. Feeling the purr of engine go through the car, he adjusted his seat and smiled. His parents would have a heart attack if they saw him now, driving in a convertible with a girl. He glanced up and waited for Libby to get in, buckling his seat belt as he did.

Liddy hopped over the door instead of opening in, realizing her pleather skirt flew up a bit. "Oops." She giggled a little, blushing. She was wearing bike shorts under it, but it's still a little embarrassing. She cranked up the radio, hearing "La La Latch" come on. "Oh I love this song, Pentatonix is really good."

Leo nodded and pulled out of the parking lot. "Yeah, i would love to be able to do acapella but we kinda have a band for a reason ya know?" He said laughing. He cranked up the radio and picked up the speed. He knew where Liddy's house was kinda, he would start asking for directions once he got a little closer. "I love feeling the wind in my hair, it feels like i'm flying or something" He said with a smile. "Ok, so where do i go from here?" He asked glancing at the road

Status
Not open for further replies.