Raised On Dust n' Dirt; Once In A Lifetime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grete's eyebrows are brushing her hairline. "Wow, I'm... I'm sorry..." The brunette cracks a large grin, just now buckling in her seat belt. "Sergeant Asshole? That's one brilliant name. I love it... So, where's practice tonight?"

She was quite happy that Shiloh was already comfortable enough around her to tell her these things. Despite the dark nature of the subject, she felt warmth spread through her body.

Grete's eyebrows are brushing her hairline. "Wow, I'm... I'm sorry..." The brunette cracks a large grin, just now buckling in her seat belt. "Sergeant Asshole? That's one brilliant name. I love it... So, where's practice tonight?"
She was quite happy that Shiloh was already comfortable enough around her to tell her these things. Despite the dark nature of the subject, she felt warmth spread through her body.
"Practice is at Larkin's today. I'm not sure what songs we're going to play, though. Probably covers. I think I'll try and find possible gigs for us when I find time." There were a few minutes of comfortable silence while Fall Out Boy and Panic At The Disco played. Just before they pulled into Shiloh's driveway, she groaned. "I hope Larkin doesn't choose a cover of One Step Closer." Sometimes, since Shiloh was the singer to go to on the duet covers, she was expected to do the screaming parts sometimes. She thought Linkin Park was a cool band, but she hated the screaming parts. They made her voice hurt. The only screaming she liked doing was at parties.

Shiloh parked in her driveway. "I'll be right back." Quickly, Shiloh rushed inside, slamming the door behind her. "Hey mom. Hey dad. Shut up, Jaden." Her older brother didn't have any time to reply since Shiloh rushed up the stairs. She grabbed her soccer bag, keyboard case, and sound case, slung both over her shoulders, and walked back down the stairs, almost toppling over. Groaning, she threw both into the trunk of her car since Grete's guitar occupied the backseat before plopping down in the driver's seat.

"Well," she sighed, and dramatically paused. A slow grin spread over her face. "Let's head to practice."

Grete's smile wavers. "Linkin? I think that guy hates my guts..." She tilts her head, eyes drifting. "On a second thought, I think he hates everyone..." Another one of those punk bands? Again? Yes, she loves her punk just as much as the next guy, but the Deviant Dragons do punk 24/7. They need to separate themselves. Stand out.

And standing out?

Well, Grete Thackston knows a lot about standing out.

"Shiloh, I have an idea. But you can't laugh."

• Love
Reactions: CookieMonster
Grete's smile wavers. "Linkin? I think that guy hates my guts..." She tilts her head, eyes drifting. "On a second thought, I think he hates everyone..." Another one of those punk bands? Again? Yes, she loves her punk just as much as the next guy, but the Deviant Dragons do punk 24/7. They need to separate themselves. Stand out.
And standing out?
Well, Grete Thackston knows a lot about standing out.
"Shiloh, I have an idea. But you can't laugh."
The corner of Shiloh's mouth raised. When someone told her not to smile, she had a hard time not smiling. "Okay. Go on." Shiloh stopped at a four way stop and looked out the window. There was a homeless man kicking and screaming at a fire hydrant for "cheating on him for a guy with a better-" Shiloh turned back to Grete, trying not to laugh.

Oh boy.

"We should take a musical theater song and make it punk. Or an eighties pop song. We just can't keep doing the same punk covers, we gotta set ourselves apart! Like, I love my punk music, but... Don't you think we should differ from the norm?" After hearing the yelling, Grete stares out the window, snorting loudly at the man.

s6k492.gif

It was noon, school was out and a sea of high schoolers flooded out the facility waking the girl as her hazel eyes reflected the sight of people before her. She'd skipped her last two classes of the day and hung out in the courtyard writing down lyrics to a new song. She didn't even hear her phones text alert, she couldn't hear almost anything. The sounds that may be ear piercing to a normal being would be nothing more than a soft whisper through the air to her. After writing down a few more words in her notebook she peered down at the screen of her phone to see that the manager of the Deviant Dragons had let everyone know that they had a gig later on that evening. Reading this she shot a text back asking,

'Wheres practice gonna be?"

She hit send before grabbing up her belongings and starting to head home so she could grab her wallet since she'd forgotten it at home. As she walked the 15 year old prayed her brother wouldn't be home.

"We should take a musical theater song and make it punk. Or an eighties pop song. We just can't keep doing the same punk covers, we gotta set ourselves apart! Like, I love my punk music, but... Don't you think we should differ from the norm?" After hearing the yelling, Grete stares out the window, snorting loudly at the man.
Shiloh stared in disbelief at Grete. The light turned green. Someone honked. Shiloh finally looked away and started the car.

"That... Would be... Awesome!" Shiloh wasn't the creative type, despite her love for music, so when people had awesome ideas Shiloh got amazed. "Maybe we could even do, like, punk Disney." Her idea shocked her. Damn, all this creativity is making me hungry. Does Larkin have food? I want food.

Soon enough, they were at Larkin's house. Shiloh popped open the trunk and grabbed her stuff, waiting for Grete to get hers. She walked up to Larkin's house and rang the doorbell.

"Yeah, I guess. What if we do Beating around the bush? I know it's kinda rock and roll, but we can do an acoustic, and the two of us can do some back up harmonies." She smiled and started a new text in the group chat.

1365608.gif

Her and Her mother had just done some renovations. Her Mom's new job was bringing in more money than they'd ever had before. Which was saying a lot, because they'd always been upper middle class. The new room had Amps built into the side walls, some of which had bluetooth connecters. They'd decorated the back wall with old records they'd found in the attic, painting them gold, silver, and Platinum to make it look like the band had albums that won awards. It also had it own router, for stronger internet access and soundproof glass window looking in, where her and Leo would sit when the band was recording.

Last edited by a moderator:
s6k492.gif

She walked home blending in silently with the crowd as her heeled shoes hit the pavement with every short quick stride she took as the chilly Autumn breeze sent leaves flying and fluttering through the air as her soft honey blonde waves sailed behind her. She was dressed in a black pair of skinny jeans, a tan and white dress like cashmere striped sweater, a rich chocolate brown vest with soft lush fur within the vests interior, as a matching tan scarf remained neatly draped around her neck. She was dressed quite fashionably only because she worked about 75% of the time she wasn't in school or with her friends so she could avoid having to go home. She slipped her phone out her pocket and checked to see of she if she had any new messages, luckily she did. She rapidly typed out as a reply to Liddy,

'Kk thanks I'll be there in 20.'

She hit send and picked up her walking pace.

• Love
Reactions: CookieMonster
“EXAVIOR ABERNATHY, YOU WAKE UP AND GET DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW!”
A seeming mountain of pillows and blankets in the middle of an empty room groaned, shifting, and producing the head of the entrapped teen who was rather reluctant to let go of the realm of the resting. Why did his stupid father have to be so loud all the time? They’d nearly been fined for excessive noise before when his dad was just calling him down for a late dinner. No matter. The barbaric brute downstairs would probably turn into some sort of deranged hulk if he wasn’t acknowledged promptly. Clearing his throat and covering his ears, the dark haired boy responded.

“IM COMING IN A SECOND. JUST GOT TO PUT MY STUFF AWAY” Exavior hated how loud he had to be just to get noticed by the Viking-caveman-monster hybrid that embodied his paternal lineage. Crawling pitifully from the great amassing of fabric and fluff, the teenage boy rolled over and laid on his back on the pristine fuzz covering on the floor, a fresh carpet that was installed just before the family moved into (once again) their new house. Knowing that his response to his father would only last for so long, Exavior got up off of his back and brushed off his slightly tight black and white hoodie, pulling the hood up over his head of messy brown-black hair, brushing a bit of it out of his face. He then made sure that his faded black jeans were in order before setting himself to the task of folding all of his blankets and setting them in the corner, placing the pillows on top of them. Wasting no more time, the boy grabbed his black messenger bag that he had been using for school and opened the door to his room, only to find his father bearing down on him, directly on the other side of the door. The teen didn’t even look up to meet the man’s eyes, keeping most of his face covered with the shade of his hood. He didn’t need to see to know that just about then his brute of a father would be gritting his teeth, about to growl and bark out some stupid order that would only make Exavior late for school…. Again…. No expression crossed Exavior’s face as he was slapped and pushed back against the wall. Apparently the man was actually trying to talk to him. Oh well. The boy shrugged the hand off of his shoulder and pushed his way past, not in any sort of mood for this treatment today. The hand that was on his shoulder, however, latched onto his wrist, an intense pain swelling there and then ripping down from his shoulder as he was pulled back, a sharp crack and stinging burn erupting from his back. It wasn’t broken, thankfully, but he wouldn’t be pushing past his father for a while now. The dark haired boy slid down the wall till he was sitting, in which he was kicked in the side, nothing out of the ordinary for him really, but he was getting sick of it.

“Ready to listen yet, you little di-“

“Shut up….”

“WHAT WAS THAT?!?”

“I said, shut up, old man.”
The imposing man picked Exavior up by the collar, opening the boy’s room and throwing him into it, purposely letting him be thrown against the wall to further aggravate his already hurt back. The door slammed and there was the faint click of it being locked. A heavy duty window was now the only light in the room, but at this point, it was fading, Exavior giving off a faint groan as he let the numbing comfort of unconsciousness embrace him.
The most annoying beeping in the world isn’t always an alarm clock. Especially when you don’t even have one. Even if it’s a good beeping, like the beeping of a text alert on Exavior’s five dollar, pay as you go flip phone, it is as annoying as hell when all you want is a bit of sleep. It was already afternoon-time, about when school would be let out, and as Exavior begrudgingly opened his eyes and dug for his phone in his back pack to check the time, he let off a soft sigh. Another missed day of school… But at least this missed day came with the benefit of a gig at the end of it. The only hitch would be trying to get past his dad and out the house, with his guitar. He thought about it for a while before getting another text from the manager.

“Great…. Pre-accepted….. Not like anyone needs to know about all my worries and woes. It’s not their problem to have to deal with.” He muttered to himself as he texted back a quick ‘k’ in response, likely to be lost among the other messages of the other band members. They were all quite a lively bunch, so he normally kept quiet and to himself on slow and lonely days like this. Within a few minutes, everyone else worked out the kinks in such a last minute gig, letting Exavior prepare his escape, he wedging open the window in the back of his room after putting his piercing in his lip and slinging his electric guitar over his shoulder. Hopefully someone would bring an amp that he could share. With one last glance at his phone to confirm arrangements, Exavior made haste with heading towards the band manager’s house, the usual rehearsal place

Ella had a limp today, although she tried her best to cover it up. She wasn't fond with letting other people know about her condition. Or disease, Or disorder. She wasn't much for words, either. She preferred singing to herself and being alone. It's how she was raised, and that was just.. Her. She looked down at her phone after seeing the text. Shiloh had probably already left, So she was left to walk the rest of the way. That was the least that she needed today. With a roll of her eyes, she unlocked the band room and picked up her keyboard, put it in her case and left the school.
As she was walking down the path, she took a moment to look around. The school was beautiful, To say the least. It had a certain air about it that screamed elegance. Although she loved elegance, she wasn't one to be caught with it. She was clumsy, sarcastic, shy and emotional. There was nothing elegant about her.
Her thoughts occupied her as she walked, taking some of the throbbing in her leg away. She crossed a street after looking both ways, and carefully made her way across. She was halfway there, but the thought of walking more made her body ache. She saw a homeless man kicking a fire hydrant and she made her way over to him, handing him a twenty and smiling. In that way, She was more loving. Small acts that she hoped had a positive affect on others. Even though that twenty was going to buy the rest of her lunch for the month, He needed it more. She smiled as she made her way down to his house.
After about twenty minutes of walking with a bookbag and a heavy piano, she finally smiled as she walked into the driveway. She cautiously knocked on the door and looked down.

The moment the girls had stepped onto the porch, there was a chorus of barking from within the house. This happened to alert Larkin of the new presences, despite the fact he was in the garage. He hoped to The Lord that his sister was wise enough to not answer the door.. Nobody could ever find out about her. Not after what his parents did to her.... Just the thought sent shivers down his spine. Swiftly, he opened the garage and popped his head out, offering the newly-arrived girls one of his signature casual grins, before he beckoned them to join him in the garage. "Glad to see ya showed," he mused with a grin, walking over to his guitar and strapping it on. He strummed it to assure the amps were working, and that it was well-tuned. Perfect. He thought to himself, glancing to the others. "Any idea where the others are?" he queried.

Elia offered a shy smile and slowly made her way into the garage. Elia didn't say anything, just a swift shake of her head. She looked around before a gut-wrenching pain shot through her stomach. She bit the inside of her cheek after almost falling over from the pain. She clenched her teeth together and grit out a few simple words, trying not to give off too much. "W-Where is y-your bathroom?" She looked over at the boy, her voice soft but pained.

Shiloh returned a casual smile of her own. "Hey." She frowned a bit, and set her precious Casio Privia PX-3 keyboard down with its synthesizer. "I don't know. They should all be here soon." She started to take her keyboard out and set up.

"Hey, can I use one of your amps..." She trailed off when Elia asked where the bathroom was, and then doubled over in pain. "Are you okay?" Shiloh's eyebrows furrowed in worry.

Elia quickly straightened out, nodding. "Y-Yeah i'm fine. Period cramps." I smiled, lying through my teeth. I walked over to the door that led into the house. I didn't care if he didn't tell me where the bathroom was, I was in too much pain not to get there. I quickly fumbled around looking for the bathroom and finally found it. I smiled in relief as I stretched my muscles, my stomach pain dissipating.

Leo nodded "Yeah, we can go over it with the band to make sure though." He checked his phone and nodded at her, "that sounds great. So practice is gonna be from soon to around 5? that way people have time to get home and get ready for the actual gig. Sound good?" He asked fidgeting with his camera. He was planning on taking quite a few pictures today so that he could start making new posters and so he could add them to the Facebook page and the actual bands website.

Larkin nodded at Shiloh's comment. "Aye, they better be," he mused. He had high expectations of the band, thus why he could occasionally be a bit hard on them. Even though he wouldn't ever admit it, they were like a family to him. His eyebrows furrowed with something like concern when Ella keeled over. "Yeah, sure.. Down the hallway, second door on the right. Just look out for the dogs, though," he instructed. "Are you alright?" he asked. Discreetly, he had flipped out his phone and shot his sibling a text to stay in her room. And, luckily for him, the dogs and cats were the only ones free to roam the house. The rest vacated various rooms around the house. As Ella went in, he gave Shiloh a wary nod, still looking at the door Ella had gone through. "Yeah, sure thing," he replied, blankly.

I raised my hands above my head, and did a few other various exercises to relieve my muscle pain. I smiled and opened the door, walking out to the garage. "I'm all better." I smiled happily, although my inner voice was screaming at me. "I'm curious to where the others are." I said, looking around.

Shiloh looked at Elia and gave her a fake smile. "I'm glad you're doing better." She was still spectacle, though. Period cramps didn't just suddenly end like that. Like, ever. She glanced over at Larkin quickly, giving him a "is she bullshitting us" look through her eyes before working again to setting up her keyboard and synthesizer. She knew guys were quickly driven away by the 'p' word, so he might not be as suspicious. Grete was quietly doing her own thing. It was kind of awkward, in Shiloh's mind.

"I'm gonna turn on some music while we set up, she said, and got out her iPhone and a cord. She attached the iPhone to one of the amps and started playing the Fall Out Boy radio on Pandora. Centuries began to play, and Shiloh nodded her head to the song as she made the right adjustments on her piano.

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Zach waited for a few minutes to make sure no one else needed a ride before he turbed the key in his ignition and started the car. Seeing that he tall male was one of the last ones to arrive, Zach parked his car across the street where there was more room and slid out of his fancy vehicle before grabbing the essentials, such as a cable and guitar, from his trunk. Walking over to the garage he put his belongings down in the corner by the door "so what do we have in store for today?" He asked curiously, unaware of the previous events.

Juliette gave her a soft, friendly smile "anytime" she said simply "do you know where we're practicing s'il vous plaîs?" The younger teen asked as her light pink cased smart phone gently buzzed in her palm. Glancing quickly down at the phone while she waited for an answer she quickly read the message that said 'votre trajet est ici mademoiselle Juliette ~ Charles', in english it basically meant that her ride was here, and that Charles, the chauffeur that her father insisted she have, was waiting to take her wherever she needed. Sometimes, Julie really wished she could just be like other girls who could get liscences and drive... And not be über wealthy... Most of all, she wished she had never gotten sick, because then she would be able to be more normal, still sickeningly rich, but normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.