Raised On Dust n' Dirt; Once In A Lifetime

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Just turn at the next corner and go straight 'till you hit burn street, it's the house with the tiny round window that looks like we're hiding a serial killer, but it's just my room. You remember." Liddy smiled and lifted her arms in the air. Since she always drove herself, she never got the chance to be the girl in the end of the high school movie, who despite being different, gets the guy and shuts down the popular cheerleaders. She put her feet up on the dashboard and sang along.

Leo nodded and followed her directions. He glanced over at her and smiled. He let the wheel go for a second and grabbed his camera, snapping a picture of her before grabbing the wheel and turning back to the road so that they didn't veer off. He turned and then went until he reached the house. He parked carefully and turned off the engine. He hopped out of the car and grabbed his bag, slinging it over his shoulder he smiled. "Ok, so what now? Wait for the others?" He asked leaning against the car

She smiled and cranked the music louder. "While we wait, why not disturb the neighbors?" She hopped out of the car and danced around, quickly sending a text to the others.
1366174.gif

Shiloh was laughing, too, and she started playing the same thing on her keyboard, switching up a note here and there for a bit of harmonization.

"Fire awaayyyyyyy," she sang, and she had no problem belting out with her considerably good voice. She kept playing the chorus and laughing, before abruptly ending.

"Hey, it'd be totally cool if we did even something new like "Skinny Love" and punked it. I bet punk-i-fy-ing covers could make us pretty far in the industry. It's a different approach."

Zach gave a nod of agreement as he plugged his guitar into an amp and began to strum along to what everyone else was doing. He wasn't much for singing, but it was fun to play along. Glancing back at Link, Zach gave a half shrug as not to disrupt his playing "dude, I grew up like an hour from Disney World... My parents definitely wouldn't have approved of either Ali or I not liking, or in her case, loving Disney" he said pointedly

(I'll post for juliette in a few min... Rushig atm)

Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Larkin chuckled softly, eyes twinkling as the others all joined in. He was grinning as he sang, happily continuing to play before stopping abruptly, a playful attempt to see if the others would continue. Though, he only rolled his eyes at Zach, still grinning. "Touche, Zachary... Touche," he replied, smugly. Then, he suddenly clasped his hands together with a charming smile. "So, my fellow sinners... What's the plan, hm?"

Elia looked at her phone as a notification popped up. "Hey guys.. Look at this." I said, laughing as i played the video.

Christina had been told to stop home before she was allowed over to her friends house. Her parents were actually home, she completely missed that memo. Parking in front of the house, she shoves her keys into her pocket and heads to the front door. Popping in for a minute or two surely couldn't hurt the band's success rates. "Sup momma one" She nodded in the direction of her biological mother and then smiled softly in the other's direction "How are you Momma two?" She hadn't told them about the whole band thing yet, just saying she was learning guitar from a friend and that's why she was gone all the time. They had a brief conversation before she grabbed her guitar at the door and promised to be home as early as she could. Though what she didn't expect was for her little brother to be outside, leaning against the railing.

"Oh hey Nikolai? What's up?" She might regret this, he could talk her head off and she would listen. He was her very best friend after all. Though what came next shocked her and she sighed softly. "I know about the band..why can't you just tell mom..they would both understand you know!"

"That's the thing they really wouldn't Nik..they think my disabilities tie me down, that I won't be able to do things like normal people do them. Just I gotta jet, promise me you won't say a thing" Nik simply gave his sister a hug, before heading inside. Hopefully that would cease the action or she would have quite the lecture to come home too.

Rushing over to her scooter, she shoved the key into ignition and started to drive off towards Liddy's house. Making it there, she smiled at the sounds erupting from it. They were going to disturb the peace. She giggled and rolled her eyes, parking her scooter on the side of the house, and shoving her key back into her pocket before heading inside to where they all were. "What's up my two favorite people that have a name that starts with an L"

Last edited by a moderator:
"Huh, I guess I never really noticed that. What do you think Leo? Should we have a nickname for ourselves? How about..." She held her hands up in front of her. "The L Word." She laughed and turned down the music a little bit so she could talk to Rain.

"Or you could just casually call yourself the losers. Considering that's basically what the L word is, unless your thinking something a little less demeaning then you could go with Lovers?" She playfully winked over at them, chuckling softly to herself. "Nobody else here yet, that surprises me.."

"Merci" juliette smiled once the car stopped and the door was opened for the girls "o I am so excited, I feel like we haven't had a gig in ages" she feigned in a playfully dramatic tone "oh... Just cause I'll probably forget to let Leo and everyone else know, but I'll be pretty late tomorrow... If I cen get to show up... Stupid doctor appointment" she sighed lightly

"It's up to Leo, though they all have nice rings to them don't they." She smiled and took out her key. "Y'all wanna be the first ones to see the new room?" She never had a southern accent. It was normal for her to Y'all. She'd decided one day that it was a good word to use, and had been using it ever since. Strange, because besides her annual trips to florida and the one time they went to New Orleans, she never really spend time in the south, or around people who use that word at least. The trips to florida were just to visit their grandparents in Boca Raton. Just filled with old white people. She knocked a piece of lint off her skirt.

Dragomira nodded enthusiastically, laughing slightly at the exaggeration her bandmate made. She awkwardly hopped out of the car, offering the chauffeur a nod of thanks. "Right?" She replied, smiling. Though, she gave a look of sympathy at the mention. "Hey... Don't worry about it. I can tell em, if ya want. Things happen, y'know?" she offered with a shrug, walking with Jules to the driveway before offering the others a shy wave. "Hey, guys..."

"Hey! We were just about to go in. Y'all excited to see the room? It could be the regular practice space if it works out." There it was. The word again. There was no point in trying to shake her habit of the word, so She guessed she should just go with it.

She smiled brightly, awaiting the reveal with a happiness filling in her eyes. "Yes, I'm like so ready!"

Zach smriked, a hibt of smuggness in his expression as he more or less rocked out instead of just keeping rythym like he usually did. For the time being Zach would pretend he hadn't heard Larkin use his full name of Zachary. No one called him that, not even his precious little sister... Who wasn't really that little, but still... Even her, the girl who could get away with anything and he would turn a blind eye.

Julie looked at Dragomira gratefully but shook her head "It's not much of a news flash to anyone that I had cancer, especially since I looked about as healthy as a corpse when I got here" she pointed out lightly "it's not really a big deal to me, i just sincerely have to try to remember to tell them later, but thank you... I appreciate it greatly" the auburn haired girl smiled friendly at her before looking at her other friends and former bandmates "hallo" she smiled, waving to them as they approached the others.

"Well let's head on in then!" Liddy did a sort of anime twirl and went up to the front door. She unlocked it with more struggle than you'd think a 16 year old girl would have unlocking a door. "I'M HOME." She called out, even though her father was right next to the door on the couch. "SO AM I" he yelled in reply. "TWINZIES" she yelled louder. This was their routine, every day. "The band it here, we've got a gig tomorrow." She waved them all in, as her dad smiled and greeted all of them. "You have some Mail on the table by the way." She thanked her dad and grabbed it, leading the way to the back of the house.

Leo laughed when they were talking about how they both started with L and then waved hello to the two new people coming in. "I'm ready!" He said putting his camera around his neck. He followed her into the house.

s6k492.gif

The blonde had gotten home after walking for a total of 7 minutes, she unlocked and opened the door as quietly as she could before peeking into the home and seeing that her brother was asleep on the living room couch. She removed her brown heeled boots before tip-toeing inside and up the stairs. She dashed up the staircase and dove to grab her wallet off her bed before sneaking back downstairs. She looked and saw he'd left his car keys on the table by the front door so she used it to her advantage. She grabbed his keys and dashed out the door not bothering to lock it before grabbing up her boots and racing over to the old seventh generation ford thunderbird. His car was in need of a paint job and a good wash for so much dirt and filth covered the exterior of the car as she touched it the sight made her sick but it was better than being late for practice. She hopped in the car and turned it on before pulling off the curb and driving up a few blocks to make sure her brother wouldn't be able to catch her in such little time. She pulled out her phone and checked her messages before a smile appeared on her face, she giggled and drove on. It wasn't long until she rode up the block and saw a few angry neighbors of Liddy. She smiled and drove up to the front of Liddys place before hopping out the car and slipping back on her boots. She almost left her wallet again as she exited the car only to quickly return and grab it out the cup holder. She stuck her wallet into her pocket and slammed the door shut before walking up to the house seeing that Leo, Liddy, Dragomira, Juliett, and Christina were heading inside she walked up to the doorway and asked,

"Any room for one more?"

She smiled announcing that she was here.

Christina, purple
She waited with curiousity settling in her big blue eyes, rocking on her heels and humming a small tune to herself. Upon hearing Angelique behind her, a small smile came across her face and she turned to her. "Don't you know there's always room for you? You are kinda the main act" It was true, she was sort of envious of Angel in a way, she was able to be so carefree about singing in front of people, when Christina was too scared to even belt out in the shower.

Status
Not open for further replies.