Ragnarok

Status
Not open for further replies.
₱ł₱ɆⱤ ₳₮ ₮ⱧɆ ₲₳₮Ɇ₴ Ø₣ Đ₳₩₦
Campaign
Final Chapter
"The Gates of Dawn"

The sound of a pipe could heard once the gate opened.

Without saying much of anything, the stunned Kannos strolled ahead, Qadira quick on the ancient man's heels, suspicion and distrust in her heart. The further you venture, the more the ruins vanish. Aged stone and statures become replaced with narrow corridors of rock and grime, the unnatural glow of blue lights swarming the deep caverns below and around. Kings once reigned and died here for countless generations, their works, once mighty, now lost within the earth.

The sound of a pipe could be heard once again.

And lo, through the narrow passageways of stone and wood alike, deeper and deeper into the flesh of Ash, a marvelous light would greet the adventurers. It felt blinding to look at first, as if they had come across that of a sun within the crust of this scarred and broken planet. Upon lowering their hands, a large opening would appear before them. More ruins reappeared, a slender velvet carpet stretching this field of forgotten fiefdoms.

"Y-You know, I almost wish I did not follow you innocent saps to this place. You are over your heads with this..."

Kannos murmured uncomfortably, the spot of his discomfort made readily apparent. Before the group, a mummified figure sat upon a throne of steel. His crown, once majesty and powerful, appeared to be nothing more than twigs of metal protruding from his hollow skull. Eyes, blank and void, gazed at both nothing and everything, the skeletal body nude and devoid of humanity. Five figures knelt before the immortal king, their armor as ancient as Kannos, their souls forever locked in servitude to this Sovereign of Decay. A state of perpetual existence- not of life.

Kannos briefly took a kneel, mumbling a soft praise to the alive yet dead Son-Devourer. A man, after realizing the weight of his powers, damned to eternally rule in lunacy.

Around the group, men, women and children alike were bounded into chains. Disturbingly, the masses of which were varied and numerous alike. Coalition soldiers, thieves, bandits, politicians, students and adventurers just like themselves sat upon their knees bounded underneath the weight of steel. Their skin, no matter the complexion, radiated an unhealthy paleness, their eyes rolled to the back of their skulls. So many of them were locked facing ahead, it was increasingly hard to transverse the ruined hall of the Son-Devourer.

"How cold and dark must you be?"

A familiar, lone voice echoed, marveling from the source of the ungodly light. Looming before the remains of the Son-Devourer's court, a gate of rock rested. Engravings, larger than anything that had been seen before on Ash sat with almost alien power, the source of that marvelous, terrible light hiding behind the gate. A light that is all consuming, not too unlike darkness, two primeval forces of nature in a state of ebb and flow.

XhS0pSY.jpg

Behind the throne, the red-hooded figure of
Father Aurora walked again. Not a ghastly wraith like before, but a real human being, an aged, wise face hidden underneath his scarlet hood. Walking with but a cane, he approached, feeble and without any real power or honest threat.

"My disciples of white have already left with my teachings, they have dealt with your kin before." the elder spoke with a trace of disgust in his voice. "You hold the same attitude of those that opposed the Old Father had- arrogance and pompous disregard. You believe yourselves to be harbingers of absolute truth and peace in this multiverse. Dust and ash is the only fate that will await you when your eyes stop blinking, another forgotten memory of many in these worlds."

"Before me is what my people, what I strive for. You children are so fascinating...not one of you asked what Dawn is. Did you think he was some giant man in the sky or deep in the earth? Did you really think we believe in something so passionately without seeing it beforehand? The Son-Devourer before you wielded this power ages ago, not for the glory of Dawn, but for his own advances. By the time he realized the errs of his way, his immortality became his eternal trap."

"When this gate opens, we will save Ash from the eternal darkness. In the end, when we are all ash and bone, the worlds here and beyond will be but how they were in the beginning- light and dark. This is what the Order of Dawn seeks to accomplish, an existence of all-consuming, radiant light. Not the fake Paradises we were lied to and given to before, but something far, far beyond anyone's imagination."

The elder gave a weak laugh, resting his wrinkly hands on his cane.

"So, children, what will it be? Which one of you wishes to raise their hand against their Father once again?"

@Atomyk @Verite @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaykay @Archmage Jeremiah @Yun Lee​

Yuuna was astonished at first. The scene before them could certainly be described as terrible by most people, and despite her status as a hero that fought monsters, such a gruesome state of being for people was something she'd never seen. She clenched her fists, just about ready to attempt to free them by force when Aurora's voice rang out.

How weak he appeared to be was a little surprising. Could someone like that really bind this many people? No, as he continued speaking maybe it was the Dawn he spoke of. A guy who became immortal and went crazy? It sounded like the delusions of a boy her age. As he finally finished speaking, a sad smile rested on Yuuna's face.

N2GjGit.png

"Uwah, harbinger of peace, huh? I've never really thought about myself that way. I'm just a girl who was chosen by the Shinju and doesn't even understand why. I fight because I like to protect people. Or maybe it's more basic than that. Being a hero is something really cool after all, isn't it? Ahaha, I guess that doesn't really answer your question though."

Yuuna laughed at herself and rubbed her head sheepishly.

"What I think I'm trying to say is eternal darkness, immortality, and this Dawn all just go over my head. I'm not really smart or anything. Maybe I might make a bad choice here. Maybe others won't see my actions as 'good' when they look back on them. But even still, I won't let people I can see right in front of me suffer, no matter what!"

With a bright flash, Yuuna had once again transformed into her Hero form, armor enveloping her body as she took a fighting stance.

"Please release these people, Father Aurora! And all of Ash too! I won't let you turn everything into dust! No matter what, I won't accept that outcome!"

@Atomyk @Verite @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Krieg @Archmage Jeremiah @Yun Lee​

"Before me is what my people, what I strive for. You children are so fascinating...not one of you asked what Dawn is. Did you think he was some giant man in the sky or deep in the earth? Did you really think we believe in something so passionately without seeing it beforehand? The Son-Devourer before you wielded this power ages ago, not for the glory of Dawn, but for his own advances. By the time he realized the errs of his way, his immortality became his eternal trap."

"When this gate opens, we will save Ash from the eternal darkness. In the end, when we are all ash and bone, the worlds here and beyond will be but how they were in the beginning- light and dark. This is what the Order of Dawn seeks to accomplish, an existence of all-consuming, radiant light. Not the fake Paradises we were lied to and given to before, but something far, far beyond anyone's imagination."

"So, children, what will it be? Which one of you wishes to raise their hand against their Father once again?"
icj7EGK.png

"The only thing evil needs in order to triumph is for good people to do nothing," Shirou initially responded to Kannos as they traversed through the dark passageway. The young man felt far less apprehensive than the immortal himself evidently, and whether that was a result of such an emotion being non-existent in his defective head or if he had genuinely come to believe he had faced worse before, the orange-haired boy couldn't say for sure. The only thing he could say he was certain about was that there was an evil that needed vanquishing, and only a hero of justice could step up to that task.

After all, isn't that what Miyu would want her big brother to be like?

Shirou reacted little when the sight of the mummified Son-Devourer appeared before him, giving little more than a grim scowl, but no worse than the expression that was already on his face. He remembered when a classmate had told him that he ought to smile more often, but now... School was out. In more ways than one. Here and now, the young man could do little more than simply acknowledge its existence. He had no words of solemn respect, nor did he had any desire to even entertain the thought, so he simply looked on, almost even pitying the man who once was.

A shell of a man who made his mark upon his world, and then faded into obscurity. Shirou Emiya found himself able to relate in a strange level, but it wasn't him who faded into obscurity after making his mark upon the world. It was the world that made its mark upon him, before fading away.

Shirou felt himself feeling the same sentiment when Father Aurora suddenly appeared before them all, a haggard man who was unable to hide behind his tricks now, it seemed. Of course, that's how it always was, wasn't it? Behind all the evil in the world was always a human with pitiable circumstances. But Shirou Emiya had no more room in his heart for pity for his enemies. Not after what it had wrought him. "Cynic" was too strong a word, but either way, the young man kept wary.

Hi1UpTW.png

"..."

Shirou remained reticent as the man went on, alternating between speaking unintelligible words and something that the young mage could barely make out. But it was enough.

"I... I never held myself as such a harbinger. Maybe there was a time back then when I believed that there was an absolute peace and truth, but... Such broad things are never so black and white," Shirou sighed, remembering back to the days when he once aspired to be a hero of justice. But now, the only kind of superhero he wanted to be was the kind that she could look up to and rely on, most importantly above all, "But if there's something absolute for me, it's that you need to be put down."

"It would be hypocritical to ridicule you for something you believe in, because once upon a time, I believed in a childish ideal. And though I've grown past such fantasies, I still think that kind of fantasy is beautiful enough to grasp toward," Shirou said, stepping toward Aurora in front of others, "The ideal... of a place where everyone can be happy. I've since moved past it, but I haven't discarded it. I also dream of a halcyon world, and you may believe your intentions are pure, but they're in my way," he continued, and said little more than that.

He would have said more, but it seemed that Yuuna hit the nail on the head. At this moment in time, that was the only thing he needed. Freedom. Life. In this hopeless place.

@Kaykay @Jeremi @Atomyk @Krieg @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi

Fandral the patient

Fandral has a pleasant expression as he continues to play the board game with the young girl.
He watches Asher play with Ned and apparently activates one of Ned's powers.... bringing things back to life.

And of course, the new star of our little show, Lucifer wanders over to play too. His one time girlfriend, Chloe seems to be concentrating on Ned. Fandral has a distinct feeling he wandered into a deadly little soap opera.

"So Mister Lucifer, what of young Asher"?

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Takashi @thatguyinthestore

Campaign
Final Chapter
"The Gates of Dawn"

The sound of a pipe could heard once the gate opened.

Without saying much of anything, the stunned Kannos strolled ahead, Qadira quick on the ancient man's heels, suspicion and distrust in her heart. The further you venture, the more the ruins vanish. Aged stone and statures become replaced with narrow corridors of rock and grime, the unnatural glow of blue lights swarming the deep caverns below and around. Kings once reigned and died here for countless generations, their works, once mighty, now lost within the earth.

The sound of a pipe could be heard once again.

And lo, through the narrow passageways of stone and wood alike, deeper and deeper into the flesh of Ash, a marvelous light would greet the adventurers. It felt blinding to look at first, as if they had come across that of a sun within the crust of this scarred and broken planet. Upon lowering their hands, a large opening would appear before them. More ruins reappeared, a slender velvet carpet stretching this field of forgotten fiefdoms.

"Y-You know, I almost wish I did not follow you innocent saps to this place. You are over your heads with this..."

Kannos murmured uncomfortably, the spot of his discomfort made readily apparent. Before the group, a mummified figure sat upon a throne of steel. His crown, once majesty and powerful, appeared to be nothing more than twigs of metal protruding from his hollow skull. Eyes, blank and void, gazed at both nothing and everything, the skeletal body nude and devoid of humanity. Five figures knelt before the immortal king, their armor as ancient as Kannos, their souls forever locked in servitude to this Sovereign of Decay. A state of perpetual existence- not of life.

Kannos briefly took a kneel, mumbling a soft praise to the alive yet dead Son-Devourer. A man, after realizing the weight of his powers, damned to eternally rule in lunacy.

Around the group, men, women and children alike were bounded into chains. Disturbingly, the masses of which were varied and numerous alike. Coalition soldiers, thieves, bandits, politicians, students and adventurers just like themselves sat upon their knees bounded underneath the weight of steel. Their skin, no matter the complexion, radiated an unhealthy paleness, their eyes rolled to the back of their skulls. So many of them were locked facing ahead, it was increasingly hard to transverse the ruined hall of the Son-Devourer.

"How cold and dark must you be?"

A familiar, lone voice echoed, marveling from the source of the ungodly light. Looming before the remains of the Son-Devourer's court, a gate of rock rested. Engravings, larger than anything that had been seen before on Ash sat with almost alien power, the source of that marvelous, terrible light hiding behind the gate. A light that is all consuming, not too unlike darkness, two primeval forces of nature in a state of ebb and flow.

XhS0pSY.jpg

Behind the throne, the red-hooded figure of
Father Aurora walked again. Not a ghastly wraith like before, but a real human being, an aged, wise face hidden underneath his scarlet hood. Walking with but a cane, he approached, feeble and without any real power or honest threat.

"My disciples of white have already left with my teachings, they have dealt with your kin before." the elder spoke with a trace of disgust in his voice. "You hold the same attitude of those that opposed the Old Father had- arrogance and pompous disregard. You believe yourselves to be harbingers of absolute truth and peace in this multiverse. Dust and ash is the only fate that will await you when your eyes stop blinking, another forgotten memory of many in these worlds."

@Atomyk @Verite @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaykay @Archmage Jeremiah @Yun Lee​

"My kind protect humans as needed, Father Aurora. I only do what is expected of me, to protect humans...and those I care for, until I breath my final breath." Clare spoke up, silver eyes changing color as her pupils became more feline like. She saw no need in brandishing her blade, but did call on some of the strength of the Yoma DNA running through her in case she did need the extra strength to fight. Though not much, as that might of been too much in terms of the elderly man in front of her. She, deep down, couldn't raise a hand against him and doubted that if there was going to be a fight he would be the opponent, but someone or something else involved in all of this.

@Krieg @Verite @Atomyk @Kaykay @Jeremi @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @LuckycoolHawk9
---------------

Jasmine glanced over to what was going on with Ned curiously, but didn't comment before returning hee attention to Ashley and the game they had as a distraction to the bit of drama going on.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore @Gands

Lucas, Max and Scooby

" He's fine. What he needs right now is support. He fainted from lack of food and despite the fact he needs rest, he is acting like a typical teenage male and trying to prove that he can heal faster than his body wants to heal itself."

" You know, I am standing right here and can hear everything, you say right?"
Q
Scooby sighed. " Re rnows."

@Yun Lee @dark

Derek Welch

The solider was kind of shocked he was in this situation so early. "Besides lack of food, anything else worrisome? Like machines taking over?" He sighs, sarcasm coming out at the worst time. The solider pulled a ration out his pocket and handed it over. "Hope this helps, max."

Max, Scooby and Lucas

Lucas looked over at him. " You mean, besides the fact that this is a desert planet and a war zone, nope, nothing else that I can think of," Lucas earnestly replied back to him. He looked over. Max had some food, but Lucas had known it wasn't enough.

"
Thanks," Max said, grabbing it with his teeth and tearing it open. He still wasn't up to par. He wished he could walk like normal again.

@dark

Derek raised a eyebrow, honesty the soldier looked more annoyed than helpful at the moment. He didn't have a unlimited supply of food on him and sighed "Max, you're going to have to deal with having little food right now until we can find some."

"Sorry i'm a little more annoyed right now, Wartime manners."

@LuckycoolHawk9

Last edited:
Max, Lucas and Scooby

" I am not deaf or stupid. I understand that there is a food shortage and that I can't-," he sneezed, his freeze breath freezing a chair in front of him. " Now is a really bad time to get a super cold," Max muttered, not liking the timing of everything going wrong.

"
Reat, re rave ro rabyit ra rick rimping ruper raby,"*1 Scooby said.

" Maybe we should sit him down," Lucas replied.

*1 Great, we have to babysit a sick limping super baby.

@dark

"Are you ready to go, Ms. Row?"

Harper had been down at the UN's airfield. Apparently, there was some sort of anomaly in this weird place called Storybrooke? She didn't really know. It was on earth, but not her earth. After being a member of the UN for... a while, Harper was used to being called upon by her employers to investigate anomalies such as this.

tumblr_inline_nl2hc1ZXoA1sv22sw.png

"Hell yeah I am. I haven't gotten to go on a mission like this since... shit, I don't even remember." Harper said as she boarded the aircraft. Eventually, the aircraft was lifted off of Ash and flown to a UN base off planet with a functional teleporter, due to all the ones on Ash being, well... broken. Harper eventually reached her destination and soon entered the teleporter to be transported to the small town of Storybrooke....

To Be Continued in Once Upon a Star

@Nobody

"Do you think I will have my last breath in some shitty cave in the depths of an even shittier planet? Children, you mistake me. Maybe I kept you waiting too long, maybe you...misunderstood me."

Father Aurora slowly walked towards the looming stone gate before him. The rays of heavenly light peered through the cracks and crevices of this aged, enormous structure, fashioned not out of mortal hands but of something unearthly and powerful. Lost in the cacophony of time, by the hands of gods either died or missing, the elder threw his arms up, nearly falling to his knees.

"I have worked my whole life searching for Paradise. I do not expect your pity or your bravado to sway me. Coin and power is what you fight for, do not lecture me on morals. If you see yourself as just, go out to the taverns and streets in Charon. See the orphans, the poor, the unjust and abandoned that you dare not raise a finger to help. I don't blame you...sometimes a ship is best left sunk. Just do not cry when you see, ah, evils in the world and wonder why they lurk. Your side of the, ah, wall is no better." Aurora spoke, gathering closer and closer to the light.

From the luminescent, a sight of horror yet beauty emerged. Hundreds of thousands of hands emerged from the light, revealing a sort of gooey substance that held together this all together. The hands themselves looked to crafted out of the light itself, having the consistency and texture of some molten liquid. Turning to face the group, the elder lowered his hood, his toothy smile emerging with glee on his face.

"See the Dawn. the primordial force of everything, the Light against the Dark..."

A fluted pipe echoed in the caverns and stone around, having no origin and no beginning. The hands swayed to the ghastly music the cryptic bard, two of them grabbing the shoulder of Father Aurora. In a near instant, the elder's form began to just...disintegrate. No pain, no dust, no agony nor happiness. In a few seconds, a crippled man was reduced into some strange white magma, seeping into the rest of the glorious collective behind the Dawn Gate.

A rumble traveled into the deep earth, the Dawn Gate beginning to become littered with more deepening cracks and perforations. One particular crack looked large enough for a human silhouette to squeeze out of. As Kannos and Captain Qadira stumbled ahead, both with looks of worry on their face, the two natives spoke in unison.

"Oh fuck..."

Emerging from the Dawn Gate, the white silhouette of a woman crawled. Arising slowly to her feet, emitting only light, the silhouette arched her head and straighten her back. Short and without details, the Spawn of Dawn stared ahead at the world around her. Examining and observing, the child fresh from womb stood in awe at the world around her. A world ripe to be consumed by Dawn, before the Dark steals it away.

Background-tut-8.png

"Oh fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck...!"

The silhouette took one step forward and extended one arm out, millions and millions of voices rattling in her head, driven by the same purpose- a purpose that needed no explanation to those in the deep earth.

Gluttony for everything and anything

@Takumi @Verite @Atomyk @Kaykay @Jeremi @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @LuckycoolHawk9 @Archmage Jeremiah

Chris/Asher/ Lucifer- Outside of Fandral's apartment

Chris followed the other man out and watched as Asher clinged to the other man's leg.

This must be Lucifer, the Book of Shadows was in full force shield mode.

Lucifer rose an eyebrow. " Yes, that is my name. I can't say I ever met you before today. How do you know it? Also, is this your kid or charge?"

Chris looked over and wasn't sure what to say when Lucifer asked the question. It seemed that the man didn't know if he had a kid and he did appear a little worse for wear. " Not exactly. He's- your kid," he replied and Lucifer looked down at the child and back at the others there. He only had one expression to say.

696f31c23a5fc567fb49e5fab018e5b1.jpg

John/Henry- UN hospital

John was currently not with a patient when he heard the news. He could always finish his job later. He nearly passed Henry Morgan, but the man had just emerged from a patient's room. " You haven't been most of today? Are you okay?" Henry asked.

" Kid I am watching got a little lost. I was looking for him. Do you know what this is about?" He asked. Henry shrugged.

The duo headed for Doctor Maera's office.

@Minerva @Yun Lee @UN hospital

Lydia and Peter Destin- Airfireld

Lydia was originally going to find the injured person at the hospital, but she felt that she check the air field. It was important that she knew what was going on. It was important to her and it was especially important to Scott who wanted her to keep an eye of things for their other friends.

" Oh, hey. Are you the reinforciments the Coalition sent?"

Peter watched from the background, curious to the answer.

@Minerva @Airfield

Max/Lucas/ Scooby- Max's room

" What's going on?" He asked, clearly confused as he eat his food.

" Rhat ris ra really rood ruestion," Scooby replied.

" I believe the doctor is calling doctors/staff to her office, possibly."

@Mason Moretti @Yun Lee
D.Va stepped out as her MEKA was wheeled out behind her by two pilots.

"Yes. D.Va! Ready for action!" She said. She seemed happy. "Hana Song, of the Coalition Knights, but you can call me D.Va." She introduced herself.

Lydia Martin and Peter Destin

Lydia watched as she watched stepped out of the mecha so that they could talk.

"That's great, I'm Lydia Martin, I work for the Coalition, just a general member. I think I prefer Hana if you don't mind. So... they were vague on most stuff."

" That's why I'm an independent. Name's Peter Destin. I can help if you need it," he said.

"I have worked my whole life searching for Paradise. I do not expect your pity or your bravado to sway me. Coin and power is what you fight for, do not lecture me on morals. If you see yourself as just, go out to the taverns and streets in Charon. See the orphans, the poor, the unjust and abandoned that you dare not raise a finger to help. I don't blame you...sometimes a ship is best left sunk. Just do not cry when you see, ah, evils in the world and wonder why they lurk. Your side of the, ah, wall is no better." Aurora spoke, gathering closer and closer to the light.

From the luminescent, a sight of horror yet beauty emerged. Hundreds of thousands of hands emerged from the light, revealing a sort of gooey substance that held together this all together. The hands themselves looked to crafted out of the light itself, having the consistency and texture of some molten liquid. Turning to face the group, the elder lowered his hood, his toothy smile emerging with glee on his face.

"See the Dawn. the primordial force of everything, the Light against the Dark..."

A fluted pipe echoed in the caverns and stone around, having no origin and no beginning. The hands swayed to the ghastly music the cryptic bard, two of them grabbing the shoulder of Father Aurora. In a near instant, the elder's form began to just...disintegrate. No pain, no dust, no agony nor happiness. In a few seconds, a crippled man was reduced into some strange white magma, seeping into the rest of the glorious collective behind the Dawn Gate.

A rumble traveled into the deep earth, the Dawn Gate beginning to become littered with more deepening cracks and perforations. One particular crack looked large enough for a human silhouette to squeeze out of. As Kannos and Captain Qadira stumbled ahead, both with looks of worry on their face, the two natives spoke in unison.

"Oh fuck..."

Emerging from the Dawn Gate, the white silhouette of a woman crawled. Arising slowly to her feet, emitting only light, the silhouette arched her head and straighten her back. Short and without details, the Spawn of Dawn stared ahead at the world around her. Examining and observing, the child fresh from womb stood in awe at the world around her. A world ripe to be consumed by Dawn, before the Dark steals it away.

Background-tut-8.png

"Oh fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck...!"

The silhouette took one step forward and extended one arm out, millions and millions of voices rattling in her head, driven by the same purpose- a purpose that needed no explanation to those in the deep earth.

Gluttony for everything and anything.

Shirou remained silent for a good moment as Aurora spoke, speaking of the age-old hypocrisy that came with calling oneself a hero. His legs felt as still as a statue, as though paralyzed with the thundering realization. But even so, he made a vow long ago. It was as the man said. Such ideals of heroism was often hypocritical, and even Shirou himself had become disillusioned with it as he grew from a child to a young man. It was because of that vow he'd broken that he was the kind of man he was today. It was here that the man's words made him realize it.​

With a new found sense of clarity, Shirou nodded. "Ultimately, the one thing I want more than anything is to see my little sister again... to save her. And I'll do anything to achieve that goal. Even if it means bearing the burden of all the evils in the world, I'll do it for her, so long as, at the very least, she sees me as the hero of justice she wanted me to be," the orange-haired teenager spoke with determination filling his eyes and mouth, "But I won't ignore the less fortunate. I'm not so single-minded that I wouldn't stray just a bit to take a small detour. Not anymore. So I accept your challenge, old man. I'll find all the less fortunate, the starving, the dying, and I'll save as many as I can."

Of course, before any response could be given, hands rising from Hell itself suddenly rose and consumed Aurora practically... or so, that seemed to be the easiest way to describe what had happened.

hhXqYcL.png

"...?!"

Shirou could only let out a confused gasp, especially as in his place rose a white silhouette of a woman. Dawn, she was called. Light against the dark... or rather, darkness against light. If this was the living embodiment of the evil that Aurora and his cult worshiped, then there was no way Shirou could let such an evil leave this place.

"Trace, on," he only uttered with narrowed eyes, his arms glowing with green lines running across them, surging with magical energy, before looking directly toward the silhouette. He stared at it warily, not wanting to be the first one to move, but remaining ever on guard for the scenario in which it might lurch forward and attack, as he mentally prepared a Projection in his mind to destroy such a beast that everyone feared.

miyus-older-brother--3.19.jpg

"Come on, then. Show me the power of darkness, just like you intended, if you dare."

@Krieg @Kaykay @Atomyk @Yun Lee @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9

Nathan Drake

Nathan wished he could say the fighting for his life against ancient evils was something he had never done before- but then he would be lying. As a treasure hunter, these things were second nature. Wherever there was a treasure, there was a curse to go with it. It was why he never got too greedy. No curse and no treasure was worth his life. " We need to fall back and fight it," he said, readying his gun. He doubted it would help him.

@Krieg @Kaykay @Atomyk @Yun Lee @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @Verite

Ned/ Lucifer/ Chris/ Asher/ Ashley

Ashley seemed to be enjoying the fact people were joining her. More than enjoy the fact actually. She was happy that her dad and other guys joined her.

Chris watched over at Ned. Huh- a necromancer of some sort. He can honestly say he hadn't encountered many of those. " Weirder stuff had happened here- it's fine, Ned. You're in mostly good company."

Lucifer played the game and eyed Chloe every once in a while. He seemed to be focusing on the fact she was focusing on Ned. There was a twinge of jealousy towards her looking at another man, but he remained silent for now

" He seems to be fine, kind of reminds me of a younger me."

Ashley ignored the woman's earlier question, not wanting to answer it.

Ned seemed to have firmly given up when the chipmunk crawled onto Asher's shoulder.

" Pretty munky," Asher said to himself mostly. He walked over to show it to Fandral. Ashley made a face when he did.

@thatguyinthestore @Takumi @Gands

Epilogue...?
A Taunting of Ravens

The silhouette took one step forward, light and heavenly aura emitting from her soulless form. A sun embodied in a singular form, Shirou and Nathan would struggle to even gaze at her form for long. What stood before them was sheer power- a primordial force. Around the warband, the cavernous chamber shuttered, chunks of stone and limestone falling around the ancient throne room. The muffled groans and cries of an ageless king were drowned out by the distant sound of a horn. A war horn.

The rocks came crashing in, the silhouette hissing and returning to her sea of hands. Around all of you, the caverns and rocks continued to fall, trapping all escapes, beams of sunlight peering through the collapsing earth. Nowhere could Captain Qadira or the wolf-knight could be found, the two natives of Ash having the sense to flee at the sight of the abomination.

By the time fear set in, a boulder fell on top of you, the darkness greeting you....

---

CAW! CAW! CAW!

The sound of ravens played in unison, just in time for the encore of aches and confusion. Around all of you, the marshy swamp of Piper's Landing would be in view, tall grass and lumbering trees harboring toxic wildlife reigning king. Shocking, the sun hung high above, not a cloud in the sky- a rarity on Ash's distant and freezing surface.

For the resilient or determined, examining their surroundings would find themselves on a small peninsula, greenish waters floating calmly around them. At the end of the nearly surrounded landmass, a wooden chest, with exotic adoration of emerald and ebony. A chest with a familiar design- the chest that the warband had been searching from the beginning. The riches and fortunate of the Merchant of Charon.

It creaked open, by itself, revealing the contents within.

Twelve amulets depicting a sun and jagged circles around it sat, accented with rubies, sapphires and emeralds. In the middle of the depicted sun, a black gem sat as an eye. It was the same symbol Father Aurora dawned, his cult worshiping the rise of an omniscient sun. What powers these amulets held was mysterious, but, for the simplistic it held enormous wealth to be sold. Or, in the right hands, kept to unlock potentially limitless power. In the vacancy of the chest, a simple note also sat in the middle of the amulets.

Dear Journal,

It appears that those damnable followers of that sun has overrun my estate, not some remnants of the Evil One. I had hoped Charon's authorities would be competent enough to handle them on their own, but it appears their "Dawn" is more powerful than I originally thought. This morning I received a letter from one of them, asking me the sacrifice my blood to get back my riches. My niece is next in line to inherit my name, and by gods, I will not let a frilly pale girl continue my proud lineage. I am sending her and a band of misfits to Piper's Landing. If all goes well, they return with my riches. If not? They beat whatever hellish abominations are there and return my fortune. Either way, I, Hanif the Stout, will not be bested by some jabbering gitterheads.

My headaches continue to grow, one of the reasons I keep this journal. My fear is not these cultists or my niece or monsters, but, ah, my own head turning against me....

Overlooking the scene, a horseman watched. Old armor dawned his form, old and aged armor. His hands were pale and almost feminine, not covered by any sort of gauntlets. The armor itself, oddly, did not appear to fit the horseman. Around him, monks clad in white swayed, humming through the pestilent hymns rhymes in a forgotten tongue. The horseman paused in his stride, gazing over the group, a lake of disease and death separating the two. He raised his left hand, and in a simple gesture, gave a small but eerily caring wave.

The clergy and the horseman returned into the woods. The ravens around you cawed and cawed, laughing and singing in their trees. At the exit of the peninsula, several horses awaited, enough to take the warband back to Charon.

@Takumi @Verite @Atomyk @Kaykay @Jeremi @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @LuckycoolHawk9 @Archmage Jeremiah​

Nathan Drake

Nathan had felt the boulder in front of him and the on him. He awoke to ravens. What had happened? He hadn't died, but here they were in a marsh. There seemed to be marshs and treasure. What had happened? He took a deep breath and looked over at the amulets. Twelve of them. That was a weird amount, especially since there was only nine of them. He shrugged and picked one to examine. A treasure was a treasure- though he was wary of this one. He waved back at the man. Boy, this adventure was a weird one... not that he remembered many others.

@Takumi @Verite @Atomyk @Kaykay @Jeremi @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Krieg @Archmage Jeremiah

Max, Lucas and Scooby

" I am not deaf or stupid. I understand that there is a food shortage and that I can't-," he sneezed, his freeze breath freezing a chair in front of him. " Now is a really bad time to get a super cold," Max muttered, not liking the timing of everything going wrong.

"
Reat, re rave ro rabyit ra rick rimping ruper raby,"*1 Scooby said.

" Maybe we should sit him down," Lucas replied.

*1 Great, we have to babysit a sick limping super baby.

@dark

Derek frowned and gritted his teeth, sitting Max down. "I know, I'm just trying to figure out the situation as much as you are. We can't figure it out if there's complaining."

Max, Scooby and Lucas

Max looked over at them and was silent. " I'm not complaining. I have fainted from hunger pains, can't walk and other things. Plus this super cold isn't helping. Trust me, you'd know if I was complaining." Max crossed his arms in protest. He was after all, a teenage boy.

Lucas sighed and rubbed his temples. Had he been this damn stubborn back when he was a young man back in Oz? He hoped he hadn't been.

" Reat reen rangst, ry ravorite," Scooby dryly said.

" I'm sure he's just upset about his circumstances honestly."

*1 Great teen angst, my favorite

@dark

Derek finally looked annoyed "Maybe we can do something if we get out of this hospital for once. It's not helping us any."

The man lifted his hand over Max's arm and frowned "Can you walk?"

He nodded at Scooby "Get us out of here."

@LuckycoolHawk9

Lucas, Max and Scooby

" It might help to clear our heads if we head outside for some air. I wouldn't exactly call it fresh, but regardless, it will be nice."

Max looked over at him and shook his head. " Last time I tried, I collapsed, I can try again."

Scooby, the semi-robotic dog didn't have to be told twice as he mapped the most effective route.

@dark

Status
Not open for further replies.