• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox=, #59b300, dotted]Jormun nearly jumped as Hikaru rose so suddenly. Well.... then again, that was the natural sort of reaction to hearing someone's little sister was in trouble, wasn't it?

"Well, seeing as you're so eager...." Jormun accepted, still not looking half as worried as she probably should. Calmly, she rose from the table and held Hel's 'familiar' in her arms. Jormun's own mental powers didn't extend to mind reading, but she could sense a simple idea if it was strong enough. In this case, it was a very powerful connection to this familiar's master. A simple trail to follow.

Exiting the restaurant, Jormun followed this invisible thread straight to a nearby alley, containing.... some stylishly-dressed valkyrie knocking down a swordsman. What had her sister got herself into? Jormun placed the plushie on the ground, giving it a little head-rub. She still appeared entirely unconcerned, stretching her hands behind her head as if she was relaxing for a show.

"Something interesting indeed...."[/fieldbox]

HbeSj2c.jpg

Having seen another scene from Garmr's eyes, the corner of Hel's mouth slightly turned up. She might already spent her toilet time longer than someone with diarrhea, but she totally didn't expect the boy's reaction and that level of caring.

Hearing Brynhildr's strong claim filled with uncertainty, The pink-haired girl felt satisfied with her experiment. She stopped using her power, causing Siegfried to slowly decay. As an attack was made toward her, the ruler of the underworld nonchalantly summoned a bunch of skeletons that completely fulfilled their job as a meatbonewall. She then looked behind the enraged valkyrie and grinned. It seems the pawn of Odin was too absorbed in emotions to notice the group of teens who just arrived. Hel looked at her brother. It seemed they would have to talk about this way sooner than she had expected. The girl shifted her focus back and opened her mouth.

"Geez. Hel even kindly gave nee-san a chance to continue living and a chance to die happily and peacefully, but since nee-san rejected both..."

Signs of exhaustion vanished from the voice since the burden was already lift off. Hel made a pose with her right hand making a horizontal "v" letter around her eye and her left arm raising. A sadism was clearly presented in the glowing crimson eyes as she screamed

"Then it can't be helped! Hellhound Liberation!! Also, Dunkelheit*!!"

While the act seemed stupidly chuunibyou-ish, the pose and the chant were legitimately activating conditions of a handy magic she heard from the dead long time ago. Following those words was a surge of darkness from behind the valkyrie where the plushie was placed. A shadowy figure of a hound could be seen briefly before the darkness completely engulfed the area. Under the pitch-black darkness, Garmr who had a clear vision bared its fangs and rushed toward Brynhildr with immense speed.

Note
* the word mea... AAAAAAH!!! *stabbed by a skeleton*
"You know Rule of Cool, right?"

Brynhildr cleaved through the wall of bones like they were nothing, motivated to target Hel through the warrior barrier. She was so focused that she didn't even realise that there was another strike prepared for her.

That strike was something.

Brynhildr could see the hound before the darkness enveloped all. As the beast charged towards her from the back, she was blinded by the darkness and thus could only retaliate when the beast got closer, in which she would turn just before the hound pounced onto her.

Brynhildr, in the darkness, struggled and fought against the great beast, countering fang with shield and claw with lance.

"Remove your beast from me if you do not wish for me to slay him as well," Brynhildr proclaims, as her lance begins to shine a bright light. Brynhildr's back sprouted wings as she started to hover into the air, still struggling with Hel's hound.

Brynhildr seemed to be preparing to activate a special move of hers as well.

"Walkure Romantica!" Brynhildr bellows as her lance, glowing bright, was raised in an effort to prepare to stab Hel's hound on the back!

TmzkSqD.jpg

Hikaru was slightly shocked at the sight, but came back to reality when he realised what was occuring.

Someone was hurting his little sister, and her little friend Garmr too. That was something he couldn't stand for. Hikaru, with visible rage, removed his jacket, wrapping them around his hands, before rushing towards the battle.

When the lance was but a mere inch away from Garmr's back, Hikaru gripped it. The burning light caused Hikaru's jacket to be slightly singed over time.

Normally, Brynhildr could overpower Hikaru, but she was struggling with Garmr during this.

"Mortal," Brynhildr bellowed, "you have no reason to interfere with these matters!"

"Actually, I do have a very valid reason to," Hikaru replies. "You are attempting to hurt my sister and destroy her toy, and I will not stand for it!"

"Mortal, you ought to let go," Brynhildr warns.

"And allow you to kill my sister's pet?"

While this was occuring, Brynhildr's lance would continue to repeatedly poke Garmr's back.

"That fiend is not your sister," Brynhildr speaks, still struggling.

AYE0JyF.jpg

"A shame to hear your preference, but I respect it."

Another delicate sip of her tea, and the white-haired female noticed her younger brother's adorably perturbed state. The family dinner continued, with their youngest sister now missing for quite a while, and Jormun lacking any intent to hide their true facet. What was even more interesting was the fact that Hikaru didn't seem to mind. The white-haired maiden closed her orbs when tackled with the issue of howling, something she was quite fond of doing. Then, Hikaru's suspicions of the missing Hel were made prominent the moment he stood up.

"Our dearest little sister is fine, Hikaru. Jormun. I'm quite sure of it."

Her lack of worry was contrasted by Hikaru's willingness to "see something interesting". She raised a brow, perplexed at the seeming fact that they both like to discover something entertaining.

"Well, if you say so~"

With her food and tea promptly finished, Anari stood up and let Jormun carry Hel's treasured familiar and followed suit after the two. Her earlier suspicions of the quick machinations of Odin's servants proved to be true, as the sight in front of them could attest: a battle between Hel and a familiar-faced valkyrie. Brynhildr? Never mind that, the sight of her determined brother charging into the fray and blocking the valkyrie's spear strike was a surprise in itself.

"That's quite enough."

Before the valkyrie could even react further, she was completely surrounded by sharp-edged blades of pure ice appearing out of thin air.

"Mattaku~ I can't believe we've been found so easily and quickly... and by Brynhildr, no less."

Anari approached, the weapons she created still pointed at the valkyrie whose spear was disabled. A calm, dissonant smile came out of her lips.

"You're not getting out of this alive now."

TmzkSqD.jpg

"That's quite enough, girls," Hikaru says, before he uses the tough ice as a platform for his feet to pull Brynhildr's lance away with as much force as possible. He proceeds to cut the ice away.

"You would aid me? For what purpose?" Brynhildr says.

"My sisters may want you dead, but I'm not going to let them kill you!" Hikaru exclaims.

"Admirable, but ultimately, you are no match for them."

"I am well aware of that," Hikaru assures.

"Nothing about not giving up? You should be moAAAUUGH!"

Brynhildr was knocked out cold, her face landing on a flat ice surface.

"Why give up when I have achieved what I had intended?" It was revealed to all that Hikaru had knocked her out cold with the blunt pole of the her own lance. "Hel, I entrust you with this lance," Hikaru gazes as he princess carries Brynhildr.

"It looks like our first family activity will be 'tie the rope around the hostage'. I'll go pay for our meal, you all stay here for a bit."

Hikaru, Hel, Jormun and Anari were now surrounding Brynhildr - duct tape over her eyes and mouth, and rope over her body as she sat on a chair. They were in their house - all curtains, doors and windows closed.

"I still cannot believe we used Mother's grappling hook," Hikaru says as he looks at the rope tying her body. "What's even more unbelievable is how we're tying her up in a bondage-like manner. Whose idea was it again? I would ask for explanations now, but it's kind of obvious that she's waiting for us to reveal things. So, what's her name again?"

"Mmm mmmm mmm mmmmmm MMM mmm!"

"I expected that answer, right off the bat."

@Vania @Luma @Weisenhart

[fieldbox=, #59b300, dotted]Jormun watched the exchange of blows, hands folded behind her back. This whole exchange wasn't particular concerning to her, until she raised her spear in an ultimate attack. Before she could step in herself, however, her newly-appointed brother recklessly rushed forward and actually managed to grasp the metal weapon with his bare hands. "Okay, that.... is definitely unusual for a human," she commented to herself.

With a final thwack, the valkyrie was out for who knows how long. Jormun gave a quick huff of amusement at the idea of a "first family activity" so absurd. This probably had to be the strangest 'family' Midgard had ever known.

"Was it really necessary to tape the eyes," Jormun asked rhetorically? After all, Brynhildr had been knocked out on-route and it wasn't like the inside of the house was giving away much.

Wandering up to her, Jormun peeled the tape off the poor girl's mouth, giving her a moment to say her piece. Jormun held her poisoned blade in her left hand, just in case. Frankly if it weren't for Hikaru's request, she'd just make a scratch somewhere and be done with the pesky, feathered girl.

"I have to say, Hikaru, you're taking all this better than I'd expect. Most people tend to break down by now." Her tone implied that she was a mix of being impressed with a hint of suspicion. "I understand she may have useful information, but exactly why aren't we killing her? She's bound to escape eventually." Jormun gripped the ornate blade's handle tightly, holding back the urge to swing.[/fieldbox]

Status
Not open for further replies.