Quests

>.< waiting for char to be approved. Ill finish the history if the rest is ok.

Kronas, you need to make a character sheet first.

ok ill make one later on

Kronas, no. You do not post in the IC until you have both made a character sheet AND had it approved by the GM. The only place where that's different is in jump ins or the exceptional case where the GM says it's okay, which isn't the case here. If this comes across as terse and angry I'm sorry, I'm tired at the moment. I'll probably feel bad about talking to you like this in the morning.

Ferril: Your character is mostly okay, but for a couple of issues. How long has it been since he escaped the underworld, and what's he been doing during that time? Any adventures in particular? And, secondly, how does he know he can and needs to bond with someone? Is it something he knows instinctively as a demon or did his grip on the world start weakening in some discernible manner, and he went and asked someone what was going on and they were like "oh you're a demon you need to bond with someone to stay here." It might also be helpful to have slightly more information on the particular mechanics of how the bonding thing works, how/whether it benefits the bonded person, whether it imposes any kind of relationship between the two or means they have to stay within a certain distance or something...etc.

Spent most of today doing some family manual labor, I'll try to get a post together tomorrow. (Which won't preclude anyone from joining, of course.)

Okay, a day late, sorry about that.

Dedtoo, you're welcome to make up what the guardsmen do and say with your guy. The plan is simply that they start chasing him too, and I imagine he'd probably want to chase after Vern after that stunt. They're anybody's NPCs, not just mine, in other words.

In response to the first question. He spent 2 centuries with his enchantress building both their powers until she finally died of old age afterwards he wandered the area for a while picking up some small magics and generally finding trouble as he went.

In response to the 2nd question. When he arrived in this world he tried to escape the circle the enchantress had bound him with.. in response she laughed and told him that even if he got out without someone to bind him to this world he would fade back into the demon realm.

And lastly. The bond is struck by a pact. How the pact is struck depends on the demon and the person they are bonding to it could be anything from a kiss to a blood exchange but all must have a pact spoken aloud. Those with a demon bound to them find that both their skills and those of the demon they own are increased by a large margin. The further away from each other the two are the less the bond bestows. The bonds power and therefore the gifts it bestows also increases with such things as respect, love, or friendship being shared between the bond-mates.

If this rp is in fact open ... I should like to join :} I hope my being new to the site is alright- I'll try to get an avatar, etc. up so y'all can put a face to a name, so to speak. I just read up on the plot and was compelled to post an app right away :>

Name: Harriet White- goes by Harry.

Race: Primarily human, but with some magical blood on her paternal side. Harriet's father probably wasn't human given her magical talent, but was definitely close to it; Harry doesn't have any extraordinary features aside from her abnormally colored eyes.

Class: Thief, albeit a pretty awful one.

Strong points: Harry has a healing touch, which she uses as a last resort to generate cash (this gift comes with complications as detailed below). Her healing abilities span from minor scratches to larger injuries like broken bones, etcetera, and can come in handy to others around her. Conversely, Harry can also inflict pain through her touch, which can be to her advantage in threatening situations. By hurting others, Harry also rejuvenates herself, gaining a little of her "host"'s energy to repair her own body.

Weak points: All gifts come with a price, and Harry's healing abilities are no different. Every time she heals someone, she absorbs the damage, so fixing serious injuries and ailments take a huge toll on her body and mind. Her skin will split when fixing open wounds, bones will break, etc. The only way Harry can fix herself is either naturally, through time, or by taking someone else's energy and subsequently causing them intense pain (although the intensity of the pain fluctuates with the victim's skin thickness, race, and overall health). Seeing as causing such terrible suffering is very traumatizing, Harry tries not to use this power often and is therefore in pretty awful physical condition.
However, Harry has little control over which function she performs at what time; her body decides what it can and cannot handle and acts accordingly. Eg. if she is wounded and tries to heal another of their ailment, she will end up healing herself instead, doing more harm than good to the other person. This lack of control makes Harry very stressed and anxious, which can turn her into much less of a threat than she has the potential to be.

Abilities/traits: As mentioned, Harry has the power to give or absorb energy, which generates pain for one party and stimulates rapid healing for the other. Harry cannot trigger an exchange without skin-to-skin contact, or the closest thing to it (for species without "skin"). Aside from her power, Harry is a quick learner and has quick reflexes to match in her best state.

DND-style allignment: Neutral neutral :}

Personality: Harriet has trouble seeing good in herself, lost in self-loathing, depressive feelings. She has a hard time accepting compliments or praise for this reason, and often turns genuinely good-natured comments into lies and insults. Despite this, Harry desperately wants approval, someone to love her, someone to hold her and tell her that she is good. For this reason Harriet is ordinarily friendly with strangers, but her paranoia burns bridges more quickly than she can build them. Once she finds someone who is worthy of her trust, however, Harriet is loyal like a dog. She will follow that person anywhere, do anything for them, and spare no expense in making them happy.

Your Quest: Harriet wants to prove to herself that she is good, through and through. She wants to find her biological father and cure him of the disease that her mother told her that he had.

History: Harriet had many brothers and sisters, each with a different father than the last- her mother was a dirt poor, withered woman by the name of Sarah, who lived on income from the many "boyfriends" that Harriet would watch sneak out of their little house in the early mornings. Sarah never knew much about Harriet's father, only that "he was a strange b@stard. Not like the others. Had some sort'a disease" that, according to her mother, caused Harriet to hurt and heal people like she did. When her mother first learned of Harriet's natural talent, Harry was only a baby, but on that day Sarah stopped touching and holding her daughter, afraid for herself, ashamed and fearful of the thing she had given birth to. Despite the lack of physical contact and attention from her mother, Harriet grew up better than most kids in her neighborhood did. Her mother made good money, and her siblings weren't any more terrible to her than they were to each other. Regardless, Harriet left this life when she was fifteen and a half, bent on finding something bigger, someone who loved her, someone she could make happy. When she found that the world cared as little for her as her mother did, Harriet focused her quest on finding her father.

Appearance: Being a human, Harriet is fairly unremarkable in appearance. She's shorter than average, say 5' even. She's also skinny in her current state, too skinny to look healthy, with dull amber eyes and similarly dull, shoulder-length, wavy, ashy blonde hair. To prevent any accidental energy exchange, Harriet keeps her body completely covered, save her face, utilizing elbow-length gloves, boots, breeches, and long-sleeved tunics.

Hope this isn't god-modding x_x

I'm not the one to approve or not, but I think it looks good :3
And I don't see that as god-modding

roboblu: Harry is great. I like this character, totally approved. The reason it isn't godmodding is because her power is (and is treated as) more of a half-curse than a full blessing.

Ferril: That's good, just be sure to add that information to the character sheet in the relevant sections so anyone who wants to look at it for some reason won't have to scrolling around looking for all the info.

Hey, just a question. Are you actually gonna update the first posts, as you said some time in the past? :P

You know. Since I recently went through and figured out who's still in this thing. I'll probably fix the character listing to include those people at the very least. I just haven't gotten around to that stuff. I'll probably wait to edit the other posts until we've gone about a page's worth of IC so I have something meaningful to write or something, at least in the case of the plot summary post...

ugh... I have to quit this one... don't have enough time for 3 rp's this summer...

The girl who I am describing in my most recent post is intended to be Harriet in case I was not clear.

Sorry for responding OOC so late, but thank you, it was very clear. I'll wait for you to post IC before I do so that Talrev isn't stuck just reacting to everything that happens, if that's alright (and makes sense).

Just a friendly reminder to make sure we all stay on the same relative page, remember that the city is an old vampire city/castle based on the anasazi cliff dwellings.

And underground..I've been reading along, though, and haven't seen anything terribly contradictory to vampire cave city so far.

*Dedtoo makes his way in, through all the cobweb.* Anyone here?!

Meep :{ this plot is so exciting. *dusts cobwebs like a good robot*