Quest Online Description/Character Sheets (Sword Art Online Inspired RP)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Re: Sword Art Online Inspired RP (Interest Check Not Detailed)

Yeah the duration is still being worked out I'm thinking 30S. Rank F, 40S, Rank E, 50S Rank D, 1min Rank C, 1.5Min Rank B, 2Min Rank A. for Potion Duration.

Umm Im pretty sure Im going with Instant effect for Health, stam pots etc.. Buffs will follow a duration.

How will the DMg work? Unless it's just to say who's Sharper? XD

Its pretty much a scaling thing. A Steel weapon is obviously going to be sharper and better than an Iron one. its mostly for Pve really but in PVP it will just be that lets say... IE: you both hit the exact same time, the exact same way. the one with the better weapon will do more damage than the one with the lesser weapon. Make sense?

PS~ we are not counting up damage and shit. its just for a common sense factor. one weapon hurts more than another.

So, it's just to say "This is be better weapon."

I wanna get that big shaaaaarp one! XD

God I'm going to take a lot of time just to get it.

Pretty much XD I mean why not? I sure as hell will want to have a better weapon when I get to higher levels of this. Im going to make dungeons and bosses hellish, very hellish after a while. XD

And Frankly IC mentality is so like that. XD

Honestly, Wolfsin, call it a pissing contest if you will but when people bring things up and the GM seems to glaze over it, one of two things will always happen. One, the RPer says it louder and more obviously to make sure the GM heard. Two, the RPer leaves. If you don't like being told something is flawed, have less holes in the system and when holes are found, patch them up. No one is going to sit down and ignore gaps just because it might make someone feel like they know less. Better fixed sooner than later.

How will you be deciding durability by posts when they're not even necessarily used for all of them? I would rather not end up having my sword break after having only hit 5 things.

I don't care about being told something is flawed, that is where you are definitely wrong. It is about presentation that I was speaking, but that is pointless to argue obviously. so its dropped here.

Anyways Im still working out ideas on how durability will work, but Posting was the best Option for now, unless I literally put a limit to how many time you could hit with the weapon before it breaks, and had it so that it cost 1 Gold for every point needed to be restored, to restore your weapon to full Dura.

IT IS an OPTION but if thats the case Im going to have people Bold and different color when they make an attack. That way its easy to track it. but I don't see any other way of doing the Durability, do you?

How many times is still decent.

Someone could simple not use anything for 20 turn and it breaks?

I rather have something that breaks because I actually use it.

Tensa~ I just said, that Im asking for ideas on how else to run it.

Itd have a certain number of hits before it breaks. and that number will be different depending on the Material and type of weapon. after that number is chosen IE: Iron Sword 30 Hits til breaks. that should make sense.

Like I said if you have an idea share.

Fire Emblem has a system where weaker-material weapons do less damage, but are more durable. Personally, I never thought that that made much sense, but it's an option. Depending on how long you plan to have battles take, the number of times you can use your weapon will have to vary. I would think that even a lower-level weapon should be useful against at least 30-60 enemies before it breaks. Higher-level weapons will obviously have to last longer, as you will more likely be fighting swarms and heavily armored bosses.

Yeah I realize that what If I did it by number of combat encounters a weapon would last through before it broke? does that seem more reasonable. If I can't figure out a reason or way to do durability then Ill have to make it so no repairs are required, all weapons unbreakable which granted would be easier but makes for lot less reason to have to buy weapons. so im trying to avoid that.

Yup. The Hits/clash/Blocks with said stuff is reasonable.

I would say to take most of the numbers out of it and by ear assign each battle to be a skirmish, a big battle, etc. It doesn't really matter what you call them but the idea would be to assign some generalizations for how rough the battle was for the weapon in general. A short skirmish would be assigned a 1 and maybe a big battle a 10 or something. It doesn't really matter. Bottom line is that we can just estimate about how much damage it took at a skim over. Then durability would drop by the noted amount. This allows us to actually do our thing without doing stuff like counting posts or hits which would feel like a real downer when in the mood for a fight. I'd like to say that we're responsible enough to be able to do estimates like this and if a weapon is going to break that we'd either estimate the break based on its durability number and put it back into the inventory and re-equip or decide to let it break and discard it. This also solves the matter of trying to cut through a goblin vs cutting through a full knight's armor or something. The knight's battle would just be listed as a more stringent battle. This is of course made on the assumption that a well upkept weapon won't be breaking mid battle that often.

I'm all for the unbreakable route but if you want to make people get better weapons, it could just as well be replaced with a damage threshold system. Say a goblin has an armor level of 0. So you'd be able to hit it and cut through without worries. No big deal. A knight, on the other hand, might have an armor level of 10. So a weapon with a power of 10 and below wouldn't be able to effectively cut through the armor regardless of the number of strikes to it. The idea behind this is to make it so that as long as the players keep up with upgrading their gear and that saving money by upgrading less comes at the cost of them having to go for the softer parts on the monsters (like the joints in between the armor). That may achieve the effect of what you're looking for while letting the RPers not have to bother with the annoyances of tracking durability.

That might by far be my favorite idea you have come up with yet. I think Ill set a Make it apparent a level 0-10 thing for battles, rather than Armor itself since Im having a defense rate already. so It will be known when engaging in combat that it is Durability downer Level 0-10 and depending on that number and how it reflects on the scale Ill make will solve the issue. People will just abide. Of course weapons will almost never break During battles unless you leave your weapon uncared for. So yeah great Plan for the durability thing Im in agreement with this.

Oh yeah. There's also 2 main roads to go about it. One is where you're putting it on a per person basis where somehow it is decided how much that person fought. Or alternately, the battle itself is just assigned a set amount at the end of it regardless of how much or how little you fight and that the repair costs themselves get slashed to something lower. The idea to this one is to make it so that there isn't much benefit to getting in a battle and kind of staying on the sidelines. So if they're going to go in, they might as well be productive. The reason for the noted cost slashing would be to make sure that the battles are still profitable for large groups. If it was a set cost and it was high, people would work in smaller groups to cut costs and increase profit. Plus that system allows for general simplicity. Then again, assigning it per person isn't annoyingly cumbersome either. That's at a level that can be handled to begin with. So its a matter of taste at that point.

Im going to be honest any system I try to integrate with this is really hard to explain and I feel like Im getting further and further into stats, can I just trust people to go pay a standard Price for repairs, and be reasonable about it. Like maybe after 3 or so battles go repair your weapon. it will be a price set at half what you payed for the weapon to begin with. I really don't want to mess with the numbers when it comes to the durability, and just like you guys have to trust me, I need to trust you as well. so is anyone else down for ditching Durability numbers and level of zones, and just being fair about this and repairing every 3 or so skirmishes, and after boss battles?

Let me know whats thought.

Simpler is better. I think that the durability system in concept is just too excessive. There's beauty in simplicity, ease, and low work involved which lets the rest flow smoother.

Yeah so we are going with that Ill just call someone on it if they are going ridiculous lengths of time without repairing. XD