Quest Online Description/Character Sheets (Sword Art Online Inspired RP)

Indeed it is.

...So should we wait for Angel to have Morgana react to being dragged to the table or what?

It is up to taste but if we do, we shouldn't push it too much.

Eh, let's wait. I can't think of much that wouldn't push it too far along.

Despite Nevvys disposition. The stats ARE important. They will determine how hard you hit. How much damage you can take that is non lethal. hes hateful of the stats and thus biased simple as that.

Anyways.

If you stay with you a specialized stats you will use the rates from your base class permanently so for example lets say you are a Blader and raise your str to 70, and you endurance to 100 you STILL will only be able to spend 25 points max per rank in Str and 10 Max per rank in Endurance because of how your stats Started.

Now for Cross class you will be gain a huge buff in two of your stats those depending on which cross class you go with and from what starting class you were. Thats a +60 to each of those two Stats. Now if you've done everything "Right" your base stats that were the highest will still be the highest. I want people to choose one of their classes they cross classed between and follow their base stat rating. so now we use Night Blade for Example: After I cross class I can choose to use the Whispers Base or keep the Bladers its up to you. this allows for players to experience the play style of either of those classes with their stat based restrictions. So If you went to Whisper you no longer would be alloted 25 points towards str each rank up but instead towards your acrobatics 25 points.

Does this make sense?

Nah. I may dislike stats but you overgeneralize. The only way it would make a large difference is if you as the GM start making can do/can't do calls which is exactly what you guaranteed would not happen beyond reason. Call it what you will but in general, you either will or won't be able to come out on top. Changing your allocation of skills doesn't drastically change the capabilities of an RPer. Whether they are based on strength, speed, or whatever, if they would have come out on top with one stat set, they'd likely come out on top with another equal stat set. Hence, it just becomes a matter of taste to the character.

It'd be nice if we got to know when you made these changed. Lol. Honestly, I prefer this way as it leads to less ridiculously odd caps.

Ill add it in and just make like an update portion on the main description for people to read this stuff.

Still saying its like confetti is also over simplifying it so we are kind of on the side of two spectrums here. stats are important no matter what is said. they are. maybe not drastic but important none the less.

Oh, go read the whole sentence instead of taking things out of context. I noted it as a ballpark which translates most clearly as "Don't sweat the minor details as they aren't likely to do a lot, being more superficial than game changing. The general direction is the main point." Sheesh. I may be choosy about my words but I'm not about to over-exaggerate unless I'm doing it on purpose to prove a point or mess with someone.

@Kaine I figured it would be easier to explain everything by doing a class-specific write-up for you... So hopefully this helps! ^^" Sorry if we are confusing you or making this appear very technical. Hopefully this provides you with the compare/contrast between Advanced v. Cross-Class you desired

Reaper-
Base Stats
Strength - 20 (+ 1-25 Per Rank)
Speed - 10 (+ 1-15 Per Rank)
Endurance - 5 (+ 1-10 Per Rank)
Perception - 5 (+ 1-10 Per Rank)
Acrobatics - 20 (+ 1-25 Per Rank)
Flexibility - 20 (+ 1-25 Per Rank)

Base Stat Total = 80
+60 Per Rank
5 Rank Increases (F -> E -> D -> C -> B -> A)

60*5 = 300

Stat Count After Reaching Rank A In First Weapon = 380

Stat Max At Rank A (First Weapon)
Strength: 20 - 145
Speed: 10 - 85
Endurance: 5 - 55
Perception: 5 - 55
Acrobatics: 20 - 145
Flexibility: 20 - 145
**Total Value MUST Equal 380 Points**

First Weapon Stat Total = 380
+60 Per Rank in Second Weapon
5 Rank Increases (F-> E -> D -> C -> B -> A)
= +300 Stat Points

Stat Count After Reaching Rank A In Second Weapon = 680

Stat Max At Rank A (First Weapon + Second Weapon)
Strength: 20 - 270
Speed: 10 - 160
Endurance: 5 - 105
Perception: 5 - 105
Acrobatics: 20 - 270
Flexibility: 20 - 270
**Total Value MUST Equal 680 Points**

First Weapon + Second Weapon Stat Total = 680
+60 Per Rank in Third Weapon
= +300 Stat Points

Stat Count After Reaching Rank A In Third Weapon = 980

Stat Max At Rank A (First Weapon + Second Weapon + Third Weapon)
Strength: 20 - 395
Speed: 10 - 235
Endurance: 5 - 155
Perception: 5 - 155
Acrobatics: 20 - 395
Flexibility: 20 - 395
**Total Value MUST Equal 980 Points**

First Weapon Stat Total = 380
+60 Points in Class-Specific Bonus
2 Traits Receive the Class-Specific Bonus

60*2= +120 Stat Points

Each specific Cross-Class pairing receives a bonus in two different Stats. They can be found here-
Reaper -> Blader
Speed +60
Endurance +60

Reaper -> Lancer
Speed +60
Endurance +60

Reaper -> Juggernaut
Endurance +60
Perception +60

Reaper -> Hacker
Endurance +60
Perception +60

Reaper -> Whisper
Speed +60
Perception +60

Reaper -> Beater
Endurance +60
Perception +60

Reaper -> Fighter
Speed +60
Endurance +60

First Weapon + Class Buff Stat Total = 500
+60 Per Rank in Second (Cross-Class) Weapon
= +300 Stat Points

Stat Count After Reaching Rank A In Second Weapon = 800

Stat Max At Rank A (First Weapon + Second Weapon)
Strength: 20 - 270
Speed: 10 - 160
Endurance: 5 - 105
Perception: 5 - 105
Acrobatics: 20 - 270
Flexibility: 20 - 270
*Depending on your specific Cross-Class, two of the above stats will have +60 to their listed max*
**Total Value MUST Equal 800 Points**

Lovely. That's all correct as far as I can tell except for one tiny thing. In the case of cross classing, now the base is changeable upon the class change to either the original or the class crossed into based upon a one time choice at the time of cross classing (according to Wolf's post 544) so the final stat caps for the first wep plus second wep in the cross class are going to have a lot more variance depending on what you cross into if you decide to go with the other class's base.

As far as what I know when Wolfsin and I were creating this whole system, that assumption is incorrect, Nevvy. When a player decides to cross-class their total stats thus far are not changed. The only change is that, depending on what class they choose, the player will gain 60 bonus points in two specified traits to start out with.

I should explain the reasoning.

When you cross-class, for example, from Whisper to Fighter.

Realistically speaking Whisper has very weak strength and endurance stats. Fighter, on the other hand, has very strong strength and endurance stats. The way we decided on what stats would gain a bonus with the specific cross-classes is by comparing the stat differentials for each pairing and deciding would you would logically gain from combining two classes.

Whisper has weak strength and endurance, fighter has strong strength and endurance. Naturally, when you cross-class whisper to fighter you would gain an increase in strength and endurance, because essentially that is the biggest advantage you would get by choosing to train fighter as a second class.

By implementing this method there is no need in changing your base-stats to whatever class you are crossing into, because the point of the bonus to begin with is to make up for whatever you would gain by crossing classes. Also, it simply wouldn't make sense (in my opinion), to train and decide on your stats... and then completely change everything you've developed so far to a different stat base after already choosing how to add your stats.

I wasn't talking about the actual stats. I was referring to how the base affects the caps. Quoted from post 544,

"I want people to choose one of their classes they cross classed between and follow their base stat rating. so now we use Night Blade for Example: After I cross class I can choose to use the Whispers Base or keep the Bladers its up to you. this allows for players to experience the play style of either of those classes with their stat based restrictions. So If you went to Whisper you no longer would be alloted 25 points towards str each rank up but instead towards your acrobatics 25 points."

So basically, what its saying as far as I can tell is that you choose whether to use the base of your original class or the one you crossed into for the rest of the RP. If you switched, it'd change your growth caps for the last 5 ranks, the ones for your second weapon. It isn't changing the current stats but it does change the final caps, meaning that the weaker stats can reach a lot higher than 105 (possibly +60 for a total of 165). Instead, they can reach up to 240 in the event that you chose the other class and the cross classed into had 20 in the noted stat that you had 5 in before. The strength of the cross classing is shoring up weaknesses. Without this, cross classing would basically be trading away a lot of your final cap for quick growth but almost no tangible gains at the end. With it, it allows the dynamic of allowing your would be weakest stat to come out a lot higher than it would be in the other route even after doing the third weapon.

My mistake, I misunderstood what you were trying to say. Thank you for quoting that though -

Under that pretense, Kaine, the max stat amounts will depend on what cross-class you choose. Altogether the Cross-Class system is pretty customize-able with your stats, at the expense of 180 points in the end.

Not a big deal. Misunderstandings happen aaaaaall the time anyway. Honestly, when deciding to cross class or not, the ability to shore up a weak stat is a slightly appealing idea but I find this to be a more determining factor. There's a set of weapons for each route. If there's one in particular you want, you might end up deciding your route considering (or outright deciding) that you want that particular weapon for your character, be it personal taste, character taste, or whatever. If you haven't skimmed them yet, here they are.

Advanced Blader~ Great Sword, Gladius, No dachi, Masamune, Zweihander, Wakizashi, Bonasai, Bastard Sword. Hook Swords

Advanced Lancer~ Lance, Cross Spear, Slayer Spear.

Advanced Juggernaut~ Great Hammer, War Hammer, Flail, Berserker Mace.

Advanced Hacker~ War Axe, Great Axe, Triple Edge Axe.

Advanced Whisper~ Stiletto, Tanto, Parrying Knife, Throwing Needles, Chakram, Triple Chain Blade. Hook Blade Wrist Claws, Hidden Wrist Blades.

Advanced Reaper~ Reaper Scythe (longer curved blade), Kusari Gama, Hook sickles,

Advanced Beater~ Ball end Staff, Cross Staff, Tonfa, Mace edge Nun Chucks, Beater Sticks.

Fighter~ Elbow blunt/Sharp piece, Knee blunt/Sharp piece.

Knight~ Sword and Spear, Duel wield Short Glaives, Short Spear/Spear, Spear Blade (LONG Handle with A great Blade of destruction)

Strong Blade~ Duel Mace/Sword, Mace/Hammer, Sword/Hammer, Three headed Flail/Shield/Single, Eviscerating Blade

Ravager~ Duel Axe/Sword, Great Axe/Great Sword, Duel Great Sword

Blade Dancer~ Hook Sword Combos, Chain Sickle/Shield, Three Blade Style

Night Blade~ Sword/Dagger, Shield/Chain Blade. Duel Chain Blade, Claw/Shield, Claw/Sword, Chain link sword

Martial Sword~ Staff Blade, Sword Cane, Gash Slit Staff

Hand of Swords~ Blade Edge Palm/Toe

Warlord~ Hammer/Spear, Pole Flail, Pick (Spear point at one end, hammer at the other)

Sentinel~ Halberd, Double sided Halberd, Double edged Lance, Guilotine or Double edge Spear

Death Knight~ Long Scythe (Pole is seven foot Long, blade is Five) Sickle/Spear, Long handled Chain Sickle. (Sickle at one end spear point at other), Short Glaive/Scythe

Templar of Shadows~ Chained Spear, Knife-Dagger/Spear, Claw/Spear, Chain Javelin, Chain Break Glaive.

Quarter Knight~ Cross 4 Point Spear, Bladed End Nun Chucks. Quarter Staff/Shield

Hand of Spears~ Hand/Feet Spear edge (Has three Spears of different lengths that emerge and eject while remaining attached upon contact with enemy)

Berserker~ Goliath Crushing Axe, Three headed Axe flail/Single/Shield

Destroyer~ Double Scythe Edge great Hammer.

Crippler~ Pin Cushion Claws. (Used to Grapple can mostly cripple anything with the Sharp points that puncture upon grappling)
, Bludgeon Throwers. Chained Weight.

Bludgeoner~ Ball End double Staff, Speed beaters, Nun Chuck Mace.

Crushing Hand~ Full Metal Fist/Boots (Hits like a bus with pure Blunt trauma)

Blood Letter~ Sickle edged Double Axes. Chained War Axes, Great Double Sided Scythe

Executioner~ Throwing Axes, Assassin Axes, Axe Palm Gloves (Axe hooks on the inside of the fingers which make for deadly blood letting grapples)

Gasher~ Axe Sided Staff, Axe edge Tonfa, Hook rivet Beaters.

Cutter~ Axe edged Feet/Hands.

Slayer~ 3 Chained Kunai Glove, Double Chained Sickle, Duel wield Chain Blade/Sickle Combo, Chain Link Duel Glaive, 2 ft Chained Finger Claws. Chain hook Throwing Blades. Star Blade (Throwable like a big Windmill Shuriken)

Judgment~ Double Sickle edged Staff, Nun Chuck Sickles (Shorter than Chain Sickle, quicker)

Hand of Death~ Reapers Hand/Feet ( A blade Swing out shifting upon a foot away from making contact powerful enough to cleave off a limb easily)

Enforcer~ Chained 3 Part Staff, Long chain Nun Chucks, Speed Flail, Punch Dagger.

Hand of Silence~ Fingernail Bladed Hand/Feet. (So sharp and fine that even running a paper cut like slash on someone could mean death they are the sharpest hand based weapons in game)

Monk~ Extending, Basher Hand/Feet. ( This extends up to three feet at will and hits with ¾ the equivalence of what the Crushing hand can with a lot more range)

Thank you [MENTION=4101]Key[/MENTION], that was the most easily understandable explanation yet.

That said, I'll probably just stick with Adv. Reaper. That Reaper Scythe sounds cool. ;P

No problem ^^"

Alright, so... The life-skill success/fail tables have been changed up a bit, to be more consistent and fair. There were also a few typos and one of the tables had their values completely inverted. Anyway, from now on we'll be using the new system, but for the sake of not messing with everything up to point, everything concerning life-skills that has already happened will stay the same. Hopefully it'll be less confusing and more beneficial from now on.

Lol. So the enchants finally got fixed.

Player Name~ Chris Hagan
Character Name~ Kashuka
Titles~ White shadow
Age~ 16
Height~ 5'8
Weight~ 158
Guild~
Appearance~ White spiky hair mouth usually covered by a scarf. Wears black and silver Yellow eyes
Personality~ Can vary from friendly to cold hearted and distant Mood swings
Game play type~ Any he feels like
Class~ Fighter
Weapon of choice (With Current Rank)~ Sharp Hand/feet Rank E
Life Skill A. (With Rank)~ F Enchanting
Life Skill B. (With Rank)~ F (Choose when you reach Floor Ten.)
Background~ Chris was young when his parents Divorced. After the Divorce he spent most of his time playing nothing but video games just to give him a false sense of reality to mask the pain. He would do anything it took to escape the reality he hated so much. When her heard of This game It was all he had hoped for a place to truly escape reality. But once in game finding out that he could never leave his perception changed. His on psyche at risk from breaking, causing him a warped sense of everything. His moods and attitude seem to change daily.
Stats~
Strength - 35 (+1-25 per rank)
Speed - 25 (+1-15 per rank)
Endurance - 25 (+1-25 per rank)
Perception - 15(+1-10 per rank)
Acrobatics - 25 (+1-25 per rank)
Flexibility - 15 (+1-10 per rank)

So yeah. Slowing the pace just an ounce so we don't get too far ahead of Angel.

Character sheet looks good, @Kashuka ^^ Looking forward to RPing with you potentially~

Also, @Kaine and @Nevvy, I'm going to wait until you guys reach day 10 in the RP before I write responses as Luna and Snow, so we can get something going with the guild without someone being too far ahead. o:

@CrimsonMaiden and @kikinki, are you both still interested in joining Luminescence? If so we should work out a brief/rough plan on how we would like our characters to go about meeting. ^^​

Hm, random idea for the guild system in Quest.

What do you guys think about there being an option, when you join a guild, to be able to place your guild's insignia on your body somewhere of your choosing? Like, having it as an option when you first accept the guild join request?​