Psyren

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Continue with the story? 3 Votes decide.

• Continue

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Wait just a little more.

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin nodded, noting Kyy and Vivian. Someone's coughing gained his attention and he turned to face the boy. Another had also directed his attention to the boy. He flashes a brief friendly smile at Nova and Seriack before getting lost in his musings and confused thoughts.

Kyy looked over, deciding he could use some air so he stays there. He yawns thinking about the situation.

Nova took his sword from seriack and put it back in it's sheath, that is on nova's hip.
This is no time to be joking around.
He took a look around and noticed a few people nearby.
Judging by the numbers and the fact that no one looks out for others you were smart enough not to go to the siren tower.
Before you ask: It's a tower that makes a screech to lure curious humans to it. And when they reach it, monsters appear from everywhere. I guess you can imagine the rest.

Vivian's thoughts had already started to wander when she heard Nova coughing. Quickly clearing her mind with a shake of her head she listens to their conversation. `At least we now have somebody who can use that sword for sure.` she thought to herself. `And I'm getting glad we decided to wait for Nova to wake up.` shivering from the idea of being surrounded by monsters.

Tamsin had remained quiet for some time. She was looking out on the world, watching for any further danger - such as that centipede thing that had greeted them so wonderfully. Although they seemed relatively safe in here, she felt that someone ought to keep a look out. She only paused to give her name, "I'm Tamsin. Under better circumstances, I'd be pleased to meet you all." And on she went, studying the landscape carefully for any changes. Even when Nova woke up, she barely bothered to look round, instead simply listening to what he had to say, and shivering at the thought. "Is there any escape from this?" Tamsin asked, feeling somewhat dejected. None of them were fighters, so how the hell were they going to survive?

Nova listened to what Tasmin had to say.
There is one. Let me just-
He tried to stand on his feet, but he was too weak yet. His fever costs him a lot of strength. He fell back on the ground but managed to catch himself with his hands.
Damn it!
Tasmin. Go to the phone and press the memo button.

Since he couldn't stand yet he decided to remain sitting for now.

Ashling looked at the boy, pleased that he was alright. She hadn't any idea of the goings on around her, wracking her brain for any clues as to what must be done. At the mention of a phone, she remembered her encounter with a strange man in her dream. She gets closer to examine it further, but stops in order to not accidentally cause trouble. She allows Tamsin to take the first step, readily waiting to see what happens next.

Taking on the mother hen role, Tamsin tried to keep Nova from standing too soon. Unfortunately, he intended to try anyway, and paid the price. But, he had also given her an instruction, one that she was not pleased to hear. Despite her uncertainty, Tamsin headed for the phone, making some rather awkward eye contact with Ashling before doing as asked. She pressed the memo button, also taking the headset, assuming that it was needed. She waited to see what would happen.

The Phone has a display, and this display activates all of the sudden.
It shows a raw sketch map of the area. The area on the map seems to be a canyon.
The center must be their position. It is marked with a "S"
There is a Phone symbol on the Map. It is north west of them.
But there is also a tower symbol in the north. A big area around it is black.

If they go straight north west they would enter the boarder of the black area.

Nova looked to the display.
See that Phone symbol? That's the exit. If we can reach it we can get back home. All we gotta do is to use our phone cards there.
And whatever you do: Do not even try to enter the black area. That area is called "Danger zone", and there is a reason for it.

Seriack looks over the display, committing as much of the map to memory as he could. He lets out a deep breath that he hadn't realized he'd been holding, and shakes his head. What the fuck have I gotten myself into...? He asks himself, once again looking around the warehouse. He finally notices the new arrival, and the memory of them introducing each other clicked.

"Eehhh... Sorry I took so long... But, names Seriack." He looks over at Nova and speaks again, "Well, if we have to reach there... Hope you're rested enough to take on anything... We are all kinda worthless in a fight right now..." Seriack scratches the back of his head, a little bashfully, embarrassed for admiring he wasn't very good in a fight. He may have a scar... But that was just a sign of his weakness... At least to him.

Nova nodded and tried to stand up. He got the same result as last time.
There was no way he would be able to fight.
He let out a annoyed sigh and looked at seriack.
As long as we don't go into the Danger Zone we should be fine and i won't be needed.
...I hate to ask but can someone carry me?

"How did that........ Thing..." Seriack throws a look over his shoulder, looking at the dead monster and cringing slightly, "...Escape? I mean, if we're safe outside the Danger Zone..." He just shakes his head, not wanting to dwell on the thought of what might be waiting inside of the black circle.

"Well, if.... Ummmm... Phil here doesn't want to carry you, I could."

Kyy walks up to the group. "Not everyone here is useless in a fight. I know how to handle a blade if something does show up."

Seriack looks at Kyy, then at the dead centipede monster thing. "Do you think you could take out one of those....?" He asks, not really wanting to be rude, but wanting them to realize the magnitude of the situation... In essence, they WERE worthless in a fight. For now....

Kyy nods. "No. But if ones attacks then I'll do on holding it off at least. I'm only saying IF it happens."

Kevin added three more names to his list, Seriack, Tasmin, and finally Nova, through some deductive reasoning about what was said earlier. He looked at the map, internally excited that the possibility of returning home existed. He listened to the others talk which was unusual for him. However, he had no idea what he had gotten himself into and for once was unsure. His fear of the unknown unsettled him.

Tamsin studied the map, along with everybody else. It was tricky to envision how it would translate to the real world, mainly because she had no idea what the world out there was. But, it would have to do. Nova knew much more about all this, so hopefully he'd be able to help guide them, even if he couldn't do it under his own steam. "Okay. I suppose the best thing to do now is to get moving. The faster we move, the sooner we can get out of here." She wanted to go home, as she was sure everyone else did, and was getting slightly impatient to do so.

Vivian was glad that Nova had waken up. Studying the map she was getting a little nervous. The distance to their way of getting home seemed long, if more monsters would apper, they would be doomed. At least Kyy said he could use sword to gain time if noting less. She still hoped he wouldn't need to use the sword. She was also worried about Nova, who seemed to be in not so good shape. "I support Tamsin. We should propably get going. I mean, does the sun set in here? I'd rather not walk in the dark." She was worried that those monsters might be more active in dark, ad she wanted to get home as soon as possible

Ashling glanced at the map that had appeared from the phone. After careful studying she realized she couldn't recognize any of it's features. Exactly where did the strange bunch find themselves in, and what was the purpose of their being there? She remembered facts she had gathered about the red cards...There must be some reason. Her curiosity grew as she looked at the dark area. Yes, it would be dangerous, but perhaps all their questions would be answered at that tower. She quickly shook the thought aside.

"Yes, I agree. Standing here will not get us home, and there is no telling what creatures lurk in the darkness." At that, Ashling headed toward the entrance, wanting to get away from that dark and stuffy warehouse.

Then let's get going.
I know that you have questions, but i won't tell you anything unless you survive the first round.
Many have been here before you and i am tired of explaining it to failures.

Nova remembered many others that came to psyren before them. All of those visitors were not around anymore.
Everytime he explained it to them they didn't believe him, called him a freak, and left without even trying to understand what he said to them. It was no surprise that he became cold towards others.
Let's go. The sooner we get moving the better. We better head west first and after a certain point north.

Status
Not open for further replies.