Project SINC

"Much better Blaine." She nodded in approval as she shook the man's finger and thumb. What an odd human custom, certainly not something a faery would do. But she was here to learn the human ways, and that included their odd customs for greeting one another. Stupid humans, no wings or anything to do anything more elaborate that shaking your hand up and down; they really were creatures behind the others in evolution, and she couldn't seem to understand why it was them that had become the dominant species. She believed those creatures should have to heighten themselves to achieve the level of other species, not Supernaturals who lower themselves to a human level.</SPAN>

The sound of footsteps, and Maleah turned to see grey-blue eyes, having been flying at roughly about that area. This one had more manners than the vampire, although they were still rough. But as the giggly girl's voice continued her dialect, she began to wonder if Fae were the only normal species on Earth. A Fae would never comment about eyes within the first moments of meeting, they were polite creatures; well, whenever they were not being mischievous. Her little coven of Fae had always been suckers for a polite beginning, preceded by the revelation of their true nature shortly later. Once more the act of wondering began within her mind, this time she questioned if it was simply her tribe who were the polite Fae, and not all of their species. Did that mean that polite covens of vampires and whatever-this-girl-was existed? 'All this debate is giving me a slight headache.' She thought with a slight tone of misery.</SPAN>

She frowned at the girl, and crossed her arms. "Adorable?" She said coldly, keeping her anger under check. "Adorable? Girl, I am a Fae, a spirit, I am Nature Incarnate. I am not adorable."</SPAN>

And yet that slightly angry mood vanished as the girl announced her name. She was suddenly struck by curiosity. Maleah was not usually prone to such mood swings, usually one who prefers a slight reserved state of self, but today she could not seem to help it. She blamed it on the conflicting emotions she had towards signing up for this stupid project and having to go live with humans. With strangers, her emotions had never been so painstakingly obvious before. In fact, it had to be the surprise, excitement and loathing she felt; emotions like that had to mess with her usual self.</SPAN>

She flew up close to Paige, and took a fistful of cheek in her hand, pulling it slightly before letting it go. "You aren't a Faery!" She said, surprised. "But you say you are Paige? I had thought of how Paige is such a human and odd name, but I didn't expect you to be anything other than a Faery!" She poked the girl's nose, as if to make sure. "They expect me to sleep with a non-Faery? Oh, what are you? You aren't something horrible, like an electric half-demon? Right? Those guys just like destruction… Oh please don't be one!" She asked, as if changing species on the whim of a Faery was possible for her roommate. She had completly ignored the question, much too caught up in her own dillema to state her name.</SPAN>

Voices! Oh, happy day, there were finally some other people downstairs for her to interact with! A wide, almost frighteningly manic grin plastered itself onto Erin's face. Once she had explored the kitchen, her nerves about meeting the others had settled. Or maybe it was the chocolate bar that she had in her hand and smudged around her mouth that had calmed her anxiety. It did little to calm the rest of her, if the manic grin was anything to go on. It seemed to make her more hyper, if anything. The Mountain Dew can that lay empty on the counter may have had something to do with that, too. She spun in a circle a few times and then proceeded to burst out of the kitchen and towards the group of supernaturals.

She halted close to them and bounced three times to burn off excess energy, still wearing a cheshire grin. After a few seconds, she stood still with a normal smile and bit off a chunk of her chocolate bar, somehow getting it on her cheek now. Her stillness and silence didn't last-- she started swaying side to side as she spoke.

"Hi! I'm Erin. I'm excited. This is exciting! I haven't lived indoors for years, and there's chocolate! Who are you, all of you? And what are you? Can we wear our natural skins?" Her big, dark eyes lit upon Maleah. "Oh, you must be Fae. This is an adventure for you, too, probably, then, right? How are you faring?"

Silvia was enjoying the shower when the bathroom door opened. She thought she had locked the door so Silvia turned still sitting in the tub and pulled back the shower curtain abit. Silvia glared at the girl, who aplogized and quickly left.

Silvia stood up and turned off the shower and stepped out. She then dried herself off with a hanging towel, grabbed her old facility clothes and ran to her room naked shutting it behind her.

She heard a lot of commotion downstairs and decided to check it out. Silvia flipped on the light and tore open her suitcase. "I'm not gonna, wear that..." She held up a pair of white granny panties.

Throwing them aside Silvia grabbed a plain white cotton shirt and a pair of blue shorts. "All that money and they can't provide denim." Shaking her head Silvia put the shirt over her bare chest. Then on went the shorts as she closed the door and made her way to the top of the steps. Silvia then sat down watching everyone from a safe distance.

After what seemed like a couple minutes of silence, Vadel was pulled from such deep thought over the other faery by unexpected happenings. Namely that certain objects in their room had started to float inexplicably. Worried that he might have been accidentally ignoring Cyril, he looked over to find his roommate had not spoken a word yet. Otherwise it would have pulled him out of those personal thoughts sooner, right? Downstairs there were voices talking just loud enough that Vadel could deduce that several of the others were still downstairs. Not really wanting to get stuck in awkward silence upstairs. . . a decision was made.

Politely excusing himself, still in disguise, he left the room.

Walking down the hallway toward the stairs, he found Silvia watching the others from a distance. Just a glance down the stairs answered the question in his mind from earlier. Both forest green eyes could clearly pick out a Faery flying amidst the group of others. Yet it appeared her peril from earlier was over. . . whatever it was he had sensed. Due to the amount of attention she was getting, Vadel felt it impolite to interrupt her social interactions. Consideration also went into the choice of purposely keeping his illusion up for the sake of not taking any attention away from her. There would always be time later for introductions. Plus the girl sitting at the top of the stairs had gained his attention. Did they exclude her from the group down there or had she excluded herself?

Only one way to find out.

Stopping at the top of the stairs near Silvia, Vadel decided he would ask a simple question. Depending on the answer given, it would tell him a couple of things about this lonely looking girl. Namely whether or not she wanted any company at the top of the stairs. Green eyes gazed at her curiously, observing her posture briefly but closely before speaking aloud. Polite and kind nature flowed through his voice when talking to the one who could move things with her mind. A passive, yet inviting smile rested upon his lips. Rudeness was not in his nature. . . or else he would have not asked this particular question at all and simply done it already.

"Greetings, my name is Vladel. Would you mind if I sat next to you?"

Approaching the human's court, Bane watched the creatures play. The field stilling at his arrival - huh guess these guys don't like intruders? With a wave they signalled Bane over to them. "What do you want?" they asked him. Stupid question. He was there for a reason "To play ball" he answered with a cold tone. He wasn't interested in human antics; he was just amused by their sports. The other team who played against the team in front of bane stood and watched.

Looking toward the small stand where they kept the scores a woman sat there starring at Bane. Oh great - they're here too? Out of arrogance, Bane walked toward the other group of humans; the losing team.
"These guys giving you trouble?" he asked the team. What if he just torched the court in flames? That'd get them to back off. No. No scaring humans today. "Yeah, we're doing this match so their leader can't get their grubby hands on Tanya, the girl in the stands. But they're winning." oh how pitiful. This was a match to decide whether or not a woman was going to be abused or to stay with her friends? Bane looked back at the girl at the scoreboard for a moment. The girl was average to him, not bad for a human but he'd seen better in that boring lecture that he had to endure not so long ago. Averting his gaze back to the group of guys, Bane raised an eyebrow "Right...okay. Whatever; I don't care for your cause. I'm just here to win. I'm on your team. I'll go centre." the team looking unsure of the Bane, glancing from one to the other then back at him. "we don't know how well you play." the team replied.

This annoyed him, advancing toward the guy with the ball. Within seconds Bane then had it in his hands.
"Good enough for you?" he replied, this was boring he wanted to start. The humans gaped at the speed that ball was taken away from the poor kid. The team nodded and so it started. Within a two minutes, the opposing team were loosing.

Just like a water faucet being turned on, suddenly the room was alive with the social interactions of all their new housemates. Before it was just Blaine and Maleah, but soon others, who had perhaps been waiting for the ice to be broken by another, joined into the introductions; some with Blaine's own group, others making their own as they saw fit. The room filled with the voices of conversation, friendships blossoming all over the place as they began to learn who it was they were living with.

Blaine was surprised as two more girls swooped in, each apparently having the energy of ten with the way they spoke. Introductions were made quickly before moving on to the differences between one another. Apparently the notion of living with other supernatural creatures was a new one for others besides Blaine, as both were commenting on attributes that the others didn't have. A smirk etched itself on his face, finally feeling relaxed and happy for the first in a long time. All these new people were a treat to him, and this wasn't even the last of them, knowing he still had his roommates as well as all of the males in the house to meet and talk to. Blaine truly looked forward to it.

He thought about replying to Paige, but given how she had already moved onto being the next to be chastised by Maleah, he figured he would just take the compliment on his eyes. Most considered it odd looking, even for a vampire who normally had a traditional blood red to them. Instead, he stood and listened to Maleah reveal her hidden fear of being put in with an Electric Demon. Blaine had never been one to talk and control a conversation, and he enjoyed that currently he was surrounded by much more forward personalities: it made conversing tons easier. So he listened and laughed at Maleah's rant towards her new roommate. He was beginning to think he had truly found a new home...

'Hmm, why did I think this would be a little more exciting than it actually is?' Devi wondered. She'd been sitting on her bed for a couple of minutes, already tired of over thinking things. She'd already caught a glimpse of her housemates but it had been fleeting. There was still no sign of her room-mate. Erin. She'd seen the name on the door but had barely given it a passing thought. Now it was all she could think about, what kind of roommate would she have anyway? Hopefully she wasn't a morning person, because Devi certainly wasn't. She just despised a perky voice telling her to wake up, asking how her night was and blah blah blah.

She passed slender fingers through her short blonde hair and decided to see what was downstairs. She could hear voices. She got up from her bed and made her way down the stairs at a pace slower than normal. She was pulled out of her thoughts when she literally stumbled upon two people near the top of the stairs.
'Oh crap, clumsy me, sorry about that...' Devi was a pro at assessing people without really staring at them and in a minute, she'd gotten the details she needed. Feeling that it would be weird to move on without introducing herself, she stepped slightly in front of them ''I'm Devi and...um...yeah, I was going down the stairs and...how come you're up here what's going on down there anyway?' She had noticed the little faery flitting around from place to place as well as the other people and briefly wondered if this was the time for show and tell.

Devi was surprisingly shy and not really good with crowds, and that was definitely what she was downstairs. Smaller groups were definitely more of her thing.

Dismas:

Dismas was always at the courts first, on the account of being up so early, but it never stayed that way for long. And that was good for him, it was a chance for him to show off his skills and humiliate others, proving his was the better individual. As usually his friends began to show up and they played by themselves for a little bit, always losing to Dismas either on purpose or so they wouldn't have to deal with his anger of loosing.

Others started to come and the took up half the court, Dismas knew that it was only fair, but he wanted a confrontation. He called them out,

"Hey what do you think your doing?"

Most of them were far less muscular then him and they glanced at each other nervously before one of them stepped up,

"Playing basketball, what does it look like?"

Dismas grabbed them man by the collar of his shirt and brought him close to his face,

"Looks like your on my fucking court."

Hen then shoved him backwards and he went stumbling to the ground but a girl was their to help him up, he dusted himself off and looked at Dismas without looking him in the eyes,

"We just want to play ball."

Dismas smiled an nodded,

"Okay, let's play ball. If you guys win, me and my friends we'll leave, but if I win...I want your girl."

For a moment they thought he was joking, but then they saw the look in his eyes and the leer on his face and realized he wasn't. It looked like they were going to back off, but they didn't want to loose their pride in front of the girl and she reassuringly patted the leader on the back,

"Your on."

And so it began, Dismas scored the first point, a three point shot. And a second. And a third. The gap between the teams steadily widened and Dismas couldn't help but laugh at how weak they were. And that's when the stranger joined. He jumped in about half game, a tall, well built man with light brown hair. Dismas immediately hated the man, not only was strong and handsome, but worst of all, he was arrogant. Dismas did not like people who were arrogant besides himself.

I'm going to humiliate him so bad your not going to come back,

He smirked to himself. And then the game resumed and the smirk was wiped off his face. The stranger was quick, agile, and a sure shot, never missing the net. Their score was rapidly closing in on their own and soon, it over passed it, despite Dismas's best playing. His team looked worried and was already talking about how they had no chance, the other team who had recently been crestfallen had started cheering and laughing, Dismas was livid. He did not like loosing.

When another point was scored, he grabbed the ball and walked over to Bane, who was standing in the middle of the court looking like the last ten minutes had just been a walk in the park despite the vigorous playing and the sweat collecting on everybody else.

"Doesn't count."

On the opposite team someone spoke up,

"What? What do you mean-"

"Shut the hell up."

He got face to face with Bane, almost touching,

"He's a fucking cheater."

Both teams knew this was a lie, they man was just seriously good at the game, almost professional but nobody wanted to fight Dismas over this, they would just wait and see how it played out. Dismas looked Bane in the eyes, wanting to kill him with every fiber in his being,

"Get off my court," he said.

And then gave him a very hard shove.

Silvia pretended not to notice a boy approaching her. She begged in her mind for him to pass her by, on his way downstairs. He had stopped just beside her. "fuck" the word echoed in back of her head, where she has said it. It hadn't spilled from her lips....yet. Her face twitched at the sametime and the light above them, flickered briefly.

She smiled abit as she considered helping him down stairs where he should have went. The idea teased her, but she resigned. As much as Silvia wished to laugh as he picked himself up from the bottom of the steps, she knew that probably they would be watching her closely she was so proned to violence. It was only a matter of time, like watching a kitten go after a ball of yarn.

He spoke to her, asked her a question. Severing Silvia from her thoughts. She took a few seconds to look up at the boy. Her silver eyes were almost glowing from the light above them. "As long as you only wish to sit." She replied as she downed her head and shifted herself farther over against the stair's wooden rail. Her eyes came to rest back downstairs as the group of conversionalists.

If she would have been in a public place she would got up and left or pretended he didn't exist. But this was rightfully his house as hers.
If he wished to sit down he coul....again she was broken from her thoughts as a different girl seemed not to notice her and Vadel at the top of the stairs bumping into her.

Silvia grabbed the railing like she was about to tumble down the stairs and shot a look up at the girl. Silvia said nothing, but she couldn't believe the girl hadn't noticed two people up here, at the top of the steps.

paige.jpg[DASH=white]
Paige watched as the Fae started to examine her as if she were some sort of fossil. Normally, she would've giggled at the show that was being preformed but Paige was more enticed than anything. She was being so adorable about not being adorable that it was absolutely adorable! Paige blinked a couple of times and even looked to the others around the room for some sort of support on the matter. No one thought to interject at all so she was left alone with a confused fae observing every inch of her.

"Um...I...wait, what? You're Malala?"she asked in curious voice. The fae had mentioned that she did not want to sleep with an electric half demon. That meant that she must be her roommate! "Oh, there you are! I was looking for you in the room! Wowww, I had no idea I'd be roommates with a fae! No, I'm not an electric half-demon. Just plain old half-demon. No electricity here!"she answered with a smile. Paige had to be careful with Maleah. She seemed to have a bit of a short fuse and the last thing Paige wanted was to fight with someone she would be roomed with on the entire 'school journey.' Paige was caught by surprise when another girl walked up to them with a smile that reached from ear to ear.

"Hey, Erin! I'm Paige, and it's nice to meet you! Well, its nice to meet you all!"she said, looking back over the people in front of her. The boy with the pink eyes didn't answer and and was actually in a world of his own. By the look of the smile on his face he was pretty content with himself. Either that or he didn't want to reveal his name. She looked back over to the other female who hadn't said a word at all. Not one acknowledgement of her greeting. Paige's eyes dimmed again in a saddened expression. The mood swings were getting the worse of her. Being around so many people like her and feeling a mass of their emotions had taken a toll on her brain as of late. Even though she hadn't fully gone into her Pense state, she could still feel the effects of the other's vibes.

"Heh...I...I should p-probably..." Paige began to mumbled before her legs gave out beneath her and she slipped into unconsciousness, blue-grey eyes rolling to a close as she fell slowly towards the floor in front of the mass of people.[/DASH]

Before long the game was next to won. The opposing team didn't have a chance against Bane. His team mates were laughing and cheering only to be interrupted by what seemed to be the leader of the opposing team who accused Bane of being a cheater. The human didn't look much older than him with dark toned skin, jet black hair that went to his shoulders with deep browns eyes that looked like they'd been through too many winters. A cold, hard look pressed against Bane's features as the boy tried to shove him with little succession and as a result would have had a sore hand as if he'd just touched a hot cooker. The gesture surprised Bane. If anyone ever did challenge him, they were either worthy of being his opponent or a fool. A grin crossed Bane's features "Or what? you're going to bore me to death?" he didn't care for the guy's idiocy or antics.

With a simple gesture, Bane beckoned the girl to him.; much like a naive puppy, the girl obeyed. A malicious grin appeared on Bane's face as he looked into the guys eyes
"Well...if this is what you want. How about we let the prize choose which team she wishes to go with?" this little facade was just to make the game a little more fun. It seemed it didn't take a lot to drive this dumb-ass up the wall. A quick nod and the girl came down from the banister toward Bane. With a smile and a gentle tone, Bane questioned the girl "Sweetie. It looks like you're popular around here. Now...." his tone turned sarcastic "You can either be taken by the...lovely! gentleman in front of me. Or." he signaled to the team who were protecting the girl "You can choose them." he replied curtly.

With a blush on her face, the girl looked up at Bane, it was obvious to him that he ended up being the Hero. The idiot in front of him the Villain and The other lot the side kicks who tried to be heroes.
"Neither" the girl replied with a longing look. Typical. This was how it always was. Looking up at the man then, Bane looked curiously. Not knowing his name he decide to call the man who tried to confront him 'Bingo' "If you want trouble Bingo, then this is you court...for now. If not, stand down." despite his arrogance, Bane usually got along with a lot of people. If he liked people he usually befriended them, but if he thought they were idiots he was usually known for patronizing such people. Suddenly ran to Bane and clung to him. Looking down at her with a calm expression he commanded her"Get off."

Erin nodded erratically at anything the group around her said, like some kind of smily bobblehead doll. Her mind was basically empty of fully-formed ideas, and instead was filled with bouncing rubber shrapnel, the broken shards of any whole idea that entered her head. Very briefly, she noted that caffeine was so fun. She rarely had a chance to try a highly caffeinated drink; whatever money she could find was usually spent on food.

Then Paige, the first girl Erin knew the name and face of, started to look a little overwhelmed as she looked at different people. Without warning, the girl started falling. Erin's mind was slower than her body. Instinctively, she bent down and wrapped her arms around Paige's waist before she could hit the floor.

"Woah..." Erin whispered, lowering the girl to the ground. "That was weird." She stood and glanced around at the others. "I'll go get her some caffeine and a cold cloth, or something like that."

She skittered off into the kitchen and rummaged around for quite some time.

It wasn't long until the house got a bit more active with the others. From what he could hear in his room, people were going up and about meeting everyone. All he could do was slowly make his wayout his room door a wonder, what's it like to be them? Being social wasn't really his forte. Mostly because of his love for the shadows and a tendancy to be invisible to most people. Not only physically, but mentally as well. Being a demon most of his life he'd been afraidd to even say the word "hi" without being hated. But he signed up for SINC to learn more of humans, so this would actually be good social practice.

He took a deep breath, then changed into a black tank-top with black jeans, grey sneakers, and jet-black fingerless gloves. His black hair streched long enough til it was below his ears and around his neck was a silver cross. The shirt was a large contrast between his slightly tanned skin. While his orange-red eyes were a hidden beneath his bangs. Damien felt a bit comfortable with this look, since it was how he dressed at home most of the time. If he was going to get better aquainted with others, then why not feel at home?

"OK, let's do this" he whispered to himself, closing his eyes. As he cleared his head before a meet-n-greet, a shocking lust to become invisible like always hit him roughly. And invisible be became, completely translucent and clear from the air. Not even sign of his prescense lingered around the room. His steps across the hall and down the starirs were silent enough to match. As he reached the open floor of the living-room, he layed his eyes on a girl nkocked out on the floor. She was simply laying there with not a sign of conciousness from his perspective. She was probably still alive, but in case he walked over to her and crouched down next her head. All while he was still invisible. "Hey are you alright?"

Everything was getting chaotic. Some other girl came, practically bouncing in the room. She started blabbering at a hundred miles an hour, and Maleah only caught fragments of her sentences. She was talking about excitement, chocolate,how the fae was doing, and Maleah believed the girl's name was Marran, or Erin. She thought it would be Marran, a much more common name, but she had come to the realization that all these other species sported odd names. "My name is Maleah, and I am fairing… okay, as you would all say." She said by the ingrained politeness before turning her attention back to her roommate. She noticed from the corner of her eye that more people gathered by the stairs, and it gave her a feeling of… claustrophobia? Agoraphobia?</SPAN>

Whatever she felt, it was very unusual. She had spent her whole life around crowds, her family and friends, without a single problem. But as all these others gathered around, she suddenly felt smaller than she already was, and she began backing away from the people she had been flying so close to before, trying to establish some room for herself. Stranger-phobia, she decided to call it. Or perhaps it was just a fear of other species, since she had been fine around stranger-Fae before.</SPAN>

"I am not Malala," She grumbled. "I am Maleah. Ma-Leah." She was relieved her new roommate was not an Electrical Half-Demon, for she had no wish to be fried to bits as she slept. But she was still not happy with her pairing, not wanting to trust any other species than a Faery. She watched as her roommate, whom seemed just as hyper and energetic as this 'Erin' girl, suddenly drop. She wanted to grow to her full-size, but knew this little piece of clothing she had donned would rip, and the scientists did not want her parading around nude. Not that she wanted to, anymore. No, with other Fae, it had been alright, natural even, but she had the oddest feeling that she did not wish to be seen by these people, another new thing for the young Faery girl.</SPAN>

Slightly worried at her roommate's sudden collaspsement, she flew on down, actually landing on the girl. This would be considered an honor among her particular tribe of Fae, for they never landed on any larger being unless they had trust in them. She did not suddenly develop a trust for this girl, but she had the wish to help her, at the very least. Erin rushed off for 'caffeine', whatever that was, and a cold cloth for the fainted girl. She heard a disembodied voice emerge from nowhere, asking her if she was alright.</SPAN>

Maleah would have given a witty, snarky response if anyone else had asked Paige the question, but she had never heard of talking air before! She freaked out slightly, and her tiny fist flew out with as much force as she could muster towards the location of the voice, trying to get it away from her roommate, whom she was still standing on. "Dandelion's Stem! Get away!"</SPAN>

As it seems to happen with high energy crowds, things quickly spiraled out of control. A girl collapsed, and the focus of events turned around this, with people swarming around the girl to see if she was ok. Blaine however remained back, not wanting to add to the confusion and chaos that was already swarming around Paige. Voices raised as people expressed concern for her. Erin ran off for some home remedies, and Maleah sat down upon Paige as to keep her safe. It didn't help when Damien popped up, completely invisible, also expressing concern, as this caused Maleah to wig out and strike at him out of instinct.

Blaine couldn't see Damien as much as the next guy, though he had a sense that there was someone there. His higher evolved senses and instincts told him as much. However it seem with all the panic running amuck Maleah didn't and overreacted. This normally would be a bad situation but when taking into consideration that most of the people here were of a supernatural nature that normally only stayed with their own kind, it took on a whole new meaning. Most didn't know how to handle a situation like this, and with the amount of powerful personalities, things could very well be blown out of proportion.

Blaine finally stepped forward, keeping his voice low as he knelt down to be on Maleah's level. "Shall we move her to a more quiet location, like her room?" Blaine had no doubt that all this commotion would only make things worse, especially since it seems that Paige only passed out from overstimulation. Blaine had no problem staying calm, and seemed as if he was one of the few who could without really trying.

Luckily the Faery did not have the ability to read minds, or it might have activated his curiosity. After all he had not intended to really bother Silvia in any way. Perhaps he should have taken her sitting away from the others as a sign. But optimism had merely made him believe she did not want to get caught up in the crowd down below. In fact he had sympathy for the Pense Demon based solely on the fact that they might have cruelly excluded her from joining them. Which was not nice at all. Not helping him understand her disdain for others even further was Silvia's slight smile. One that actually came from dreaming up ways to harm him. . . rather than how it was completely misread as kindness. Unluckily this time, the Faery did not have the ability to read minds. Instead he had only given her a polite smile in return and sat down beside her quietly.

Until a girl who later introduced herself as Devi had staggered into them.

For a moment Vadel had nearly sacrificed his illusion and shrunk down to normal size just to avoid any potential impact. Pure instinct nearly destroyed his concealment from those who were potentially an enemy of the Faery. As much as he hated to think about their race having foes. . . they still existed. Even if Maleah had shown herself to the others freely, he did not quite share that level of confidence in the others yet. Deep down he wanted to have his faith in others rewarded. . . he truly did. But that was not worth the risk of sticking his neck out blindly. Thus he had been planning to serve as an unrequested sentry for his fellow Faery.

Of course all that had been, of course, until Devi staggered into him and Silvia.

Quicker than the human eye, he had actually moved toward the Pense Demon as his ever observant eyes noticed her grabbing the railing so frantically. At last it seemed not giving into instinctual fear had some advantages. Ever so briefly his hand touched her abdomen out of nothing more than the honest intention of keeping her from falling forward down the stairs. A fate she had considered condemning him to not that long ago. Once he was sure Silvia had been steadied however, his hands quickly left her since any lingering physical touch would be a violation of personal space in his opinion. Hopefully she would not send him blasting off through a wall like a member of Team Rocket just for touching her.

A reassuring smile was there for her on his face, to silently say he wouldn't let anything bad happen. Unfortunately it faded rather quickly due to something he saw that startled the normally passive young lad.

Rather than the actual incident, what truly startled the one with false green eyes was the look Silvia gave to Devi. Something about it and her appearance clicked together in his mind as a creature who could pose a serious threat if provoked. That was not good. . . considering the whole stumbling incident. Unaware of exactly what creature either of these girls were, he decided to try pacifying the situation before anything truly got out of hand. Vadel had no clue that within the next few moments he would be placing himself between a Telekinetic Pense Demon and a Gorgon.

Please don't try to tear each other apart! Please please! It was juuuuuust a simple stumbly accident. Nothing for two girls to fight about, right? Right! So don't suddenly TURN INTO A PAIR OF ELEMENTAL DEMONS AND GET ME CAUGHT BETWEEN A BUNCH OF FIRE AND ELECTRICITY. . . . oh god why am I doing this again? To keep them from getting kicked out of the Project or even just to keep the peace? Heck I don't even know if they're actually going to get violent but I don't want to be the guy that saw it coming and do nothing! I could never live with myself. . .

During his train of thought, the Faery had left nothing but an afterimage as the purple of his coat blurred. Quite a display of agility given his current size along with no use of his wings whatsoever. Not a single moment had been wasted in trying to avert even the slightest possibility of a fight on the first day. Devi would find him standing at just the right angle to step inbetween the two girls. . . though she might not understand the reason why. Perhaps Silvia would take it as him comprehending that she did not want any company. A kind look was briefly sent in the Demon's direction that seemed to imply 'I can take care of this'.

Regardless of what either of them thought, Vadel bowed slightly toward Devi to start introducing himself despite the awkward footing situation that standing on stairs presented. Silvia certainly would have certainly had an easy time sending him tumbling down the stairs head over heels. Half the work was already done for her as Vadel gestured with his left hand sweeping gracefully from right to left during the brief bow before speaking aloud in a polite and purposefully soothing voice.

"Well Devi, my name is Vladel."

. . . Geez I guess I really am going to stick with that name now. I can't let Cyril think he got my name wrong. Not after how badly I butchered is name! Which means by the end of the week everyone is going to think that really is my name. Oh well. At least it doesn't sound too bad I guess!

"We were up simply watching the rest in silence. Incredibly boring stuff. And. . .

Finally Vadel took a chance to glance down stairs again.

". . .it looks like a girl just fainted. Wow. I hope she's alright. Looks like a few of the others are trying to help her out. Nice to see everyone working together already. On the first day too."

A warm, honest smile came onto the Faery's false face.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" Name="Body Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language:EN-US; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} </style> <![endif]--> <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" Name="Body Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language:EN-US; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} </style> <![endif]--> [FONT=&amp] Devi caught the look the incredulous girl threw her and mentally shrugged. She honestly did not give a damn. She definitely wasn't the type who would bow and scrape to anyone and she'd already mumbled a decent apology. She was even feeling a bit guilty that she'd almost caused the pair to take a nasty tumble down the stairs but hey, that was life, shit happened. Luckily in this situation, everyone was alright. With an inward stretch, Devi tried to relax. She took a deep breath and silently observed her surroundings. She was rarely caught off guard and she felt not a little bit angry with herself for stumbling upon these people. It had been a while since she'd been so absorbed in her daydreams and thoughts. Devi reminded herself that this was a new place with different people who were not only of completely unique origin, but also had a different set of rules and standards compared to hers. One ought to be wary. [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
And even though Devi could more than adequately protect herself, she didn't want to do it unless it was necessary. Besides, these were going to be her housemates for the foreseeable future and even though she viewed the world with a 'dog eat dog' mentality, it wouldn't do to make enemies on the first day. Then again, she was always up for a little drama. She glanced again once more at the girl, trying to decide whether trying to befriend her, or even talking to her would actually really be worth it. The silver-eyed girl didn't seem like the type who welcomed any sort of intrusions.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]

She turned her attention towards…Vladel, when he spoke and introduced himself. It was an unusual name, one she'd never heard of and she subtly let it roll off her tongue, trying to get the pronunciation correct. She nodded slightly at him, mostly out of a need to try and follow decorum and also to reassure him that she and the other girl weren't suddenly going to start tearing each other into pieces. At least, Devi wasn't. That's when she happened to glance down the stairs and caught sight of the slight commotion that had ensued. Someone had fainted, but Devi couldn't really see her. She unconsciously took a step down the stairs, wondering if she could do anything that might be helpful but recoiled almost immediately knowing that it would probably be overkill. The girl who had fainted already had enough people surrounding her and probably needed some air, plus the little faery on top of her seemed slightly intimidating and so very odd. Devi had never imagined seeing such people. It made her want to pause for a minute, and just catch her breath. Just…absorb.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
Vladel once more snagged her attention as he talked about how great it was that everyone was chipping in and helping each other out. Devi inwardly winced; he was probably a morning person. Her attention once again down stairs, she wondered how long this whole 'helping each other out' thing would last before everyone got tired of it. Because if there was one thing she'd learned in her short existence, it was that they always did.[/FONT]

Her eyes widened as she felt a hand against press against her belly. Silvia didn't have to look down or twist her head to know who's hand it was.

The boy had meant well, but to Silvia it was a direct volation of the brief treaty she had established in letting him sit beside her. The light bulb above them popped as she downed her head. "he...he touched me...." That was the only thing that played through her head as she stood up and slammed her fist against the side of Vadel's head, which sent him toppling downstairs. She stood with her mouth wide open, and bug eyed but her expression wasn't shock, it was malicious, cynical.

As soon as her fist had connected, it had snapped her out of the black out. Ending any poltergist like behavior that was occurring. She immediately downed her head, laughing softly as she retreated walking backwards, into the female dorm hallway fading from view.

Damien wasn't sure how long the girl beneath him would stay unconcious, but it seemed that her friend was all over it. Literlly since she was standing right on top of her keeping a close eye on her. He would have leaned in closer from curiousity had the girl not stepped in.

"So small.." he said with curious tone, picking her up in his hand. Faery is what she appeared to be but Damien wasn't sure, he's never seen one before. And he doubted she'd care if he stayed invisible for the whole time. Her features were intiguing due to her size which gave him so many questions to ask. The feelling of her hitting him felt so peteet it almost made him que from how adorable she looked. It tickled actually, Damien quickly took away his invisibility and presented himself before the faery.

"I nevr imagined..." he said, holding the her upside-down. Damien was very bright when he was learning something new. So how he was handling this person probably wasn't best, but he let his curiousuty take hold of him.

Unfortunately for the Faery, it seemed that Devi's way of looking at things turned out to be rather true. Perhaps the punch would knock any of that silly 'morning person optimism' right out of his skull. For him the punch came completely out of nowhere considering in his mind he had just kept Silvia from falling down the stairs. Now he had taken her place and also full-filled her little secret Santa wish to see him go falling down the stairs. More than anything it made Vadel look foolish for having even tried to show concern for someone else's safety. Especially when he had not even been the one to cause Silvia to almost fall. Since he had not tried to anticipate the attack at all it left him no time to react. Dodging was out of the question and blocking turned into a moot point.

. . .What the-

Vadel went toppling and tumbling down the stairs, landing on his back. Everything looked fuzzy but he had at least managed to stay conscious. Silvia certainly had one hell of a punch to say the least. Bruising would likely start before the next sunrise. What made it just a little funny though was the fact that his natural skin color was a pale violet. Meaning that even without the illusion his bruise would be hard to see. Left in shock by the unexpectedness of the blow, the Faery did not even possess the presence of mind to try stopping his fall. Each step he hit on the way down came as an extra slap to the face. Luck was on his side only in the sense that upon finally reaching the bottom of the stairs he had not injured his wings at all. . . but landed face down instead.

Laughter belonging to Silvia reached his ears, an extra sting added on top of everything else.

Unfortunately, any plans he had of hiding what he was were dashed apart rather quickly now. Every bit of him was left exposed for what he really was at the bottom of those steps. Focus had been completely lost thanks to Silvia's punch to the head. Pale violet skin was starkly contrasted by the golden eyes and hair. Wings simply laid there limply, not flittering or moving in anyway. Gradually he started to regain his senses, seeing the others who had all previously gathered round the girl who had fainted.

Way to avoid attracting attention to yourself. . .

Scolding thoughts on how the entire incident was his fault continued before shaking his head to clear it up. Not intending to give anyone a longer look at his true form, Vadel started to focus on recreating his illusion from the ground up. Less than twelve seconds passed by before everything went back to the way it had been. On the outside anyway. Deep down however, Vadel felt as though he had somehow managed to do something horribly wrong to Silvia. Rather than chew her out. . . Vadel wanted to apologize for whatever it was exactly that he had done that was so wrong in her eyes. He didn't want to believe that she was just some evil demon right off the back or something.

Wincing from trying to keep his illusion up, the Faery stubbornly refused in his head to give the illusion up.

". . .ow."

Looking away from the stairs, he caught sight of how Damien was treating the only other Faery living here in the house so far. Suddenly a new set of emotion started to completely overwrite his naturally passive nature. Perhaps it was suppressed aggression from the violence committed against him that had been redirected. . . but Vadel did not enjoy the way Damien held her upside-down as though she were some sort of toy to be played with. Maleah was a living creature that deserved respect just like everyone else! Rather protective instincts reserved for others of his kind were starting to kick in. Even if Damien meant no harm, what he was doing was incredibly rude and uncalled for.

A hand grabbed Damien's wrist.

"What you're doing to her is rude. Let Maleah go."

If Damien let his eyes follow the hand which had grabbed his wrist up along the arm and to their face, Vadel's face would be the one he would find. Despite having just fallen down the stairs after taking a solid punch to the head. . . he looked perfectly fine. Or at least his illusion looked as though it didn't have a scratch on it anyway. The Faery certainly did not give off the vibe of possessing the stereotypical frailness of his race. Unless the male Faery was just ignoring it for the sake of protecting another of his kind. More than likely he would suffer for it tomorrow. Especially if the Half-Shadow Demon decided to react with the same amount of compassion that Silvia had shown him. The expression on his face certainly meant business though, just like the grip he had on Damien's wrist. Specifically the wrist connected to the hand currently holding Maleah.

"Right now."