Project SINC

She had nodded at the pink-eyed vampire's suggestion. "Yes, taking this girl to her-my-our room would be a good idea. We should let her rest up; all these emotions must have gotten to her worse than it has hit the rest of us." She began poking Paige's nose, as if trying to pump the life back into the giant beneath her. As the girl didn't move, she turned her attention back to the threat. She tried hitting the owner of the disembodied voice once again, trying to get them to show their invisible face. She could feel something solid beneath her tiny fist, and wanted to protect herself and her fallen roommate. It was not like she really had to, but that odd nature and need to protect anything that was hers rose inside her tiny green chest. Paige might be a complete stranger, and she might be a Half-Demon of unknown, yet not Electrical, speciation, but Paige was also hers. The young girl who's face stood beneath Maleah's feet was her roommate, and though she did not trust or even really know the girl, she would try her hand at protecting her. So another tiny fist flew out, connecting with the unseen matter. She believed she had taken it slightly too far, and she thought she had angered the invisible thing, for suddenly she was whisked into the air. And this sudden flight was definably not by her own accord and will. She beat her wings frantically, trying to retch herself away from the unseen grip, panic spreading as quickly as pain.</SPAN>

It was really quite terrifying, being helpless in an unseen hand, held upside down with the blood rushing to her head. She heard loud thumbs, and had the ridiculous notion it was her heart beating for all to hear, but could see from the corner of her eyes a purple figure with wings, lying on the floor.

Oh, I finally get to meet a Fae from another Tribe, but I get to break my legs or die before!

She tried wriggling, but found it only caused more pain in her trapped legs. She wished she was outdoors, where she could call upon a nearby tree or even the grass and weeds upon the floor, to assist her and punish whatever-it –was. Whatever-it-was finally revealed itself, dark hair pooled around his face and brown (?) eyes staring at her with curiosity, her body was being shaked slightly. She hissed Faery profanities of great rudeness and vulgarity, her eyes narrowing in extreme anger. No one handled a Fae! No one! If someone ever did… Well, Maleah sure knew what sort of punishments she would like to extract upon this individual. He called her small. She did not see what was so wrong with this, knowing her fierceness and her current anger was much bigger than her body. He will pay!</SPAN>

A hand grabbed her captor's wrist, and a voice severely told the Shadow Half-Demon to let go, using her name within the sentence. Her eyebrows knit slightly at this, wondering how he knew her name considering they had never met (as far as she could remember), but she passed it off as her helper simply overhearing it spoken. As he said the word 'Now', the Half-Demon did not react immediately, so Maleah swung her body up, with the help of her wings. Her long nails dug into the thumb of her holder, and she bit. Hard. Small droplets of blood gathered by her miniscule mouth, and she didn't let go. She wouldn't let go, until she had been released, no matter how gross the red in her mouth tasted.</SPAN>

-Dismas-

He almost stumbled backwards, the shove was not only effective but for some reason he could feel blisters on his hands and they felt as if they had just been burnt. He looked down at his hands for a moment in amazement, wondering what just happened, before he realized how lame he looked like at the moment, his hands clenched in rage. Yet he did not swing a fist as he normally would have at this point, something about the stranger intimidated him.

And insulted him, maintaining a cool indifference throughout. Dismas knew he was loosing standing with his "friends", and with the girl clinging to him like a lost puppy, Dismas felt even more aggravated, but he did not want direct confrontation, not with what just happened, his primal instincts told him to back off and he was man who acted mostly on instinct.

He desperately tried clutching at the last straws of his wounded pride.

"For now? No, this is my court...kid. And go ahead and keep that filthy girl, I was joking when I said I wanted her."

He laughed an obvious, high pitched laugh,

"You can go ahead and play on my court if you want, just don't get in my way again."

He turned around and began to leave, he beckoned his friends to follow and gave them a glare when they didn't. They had been so surprised that their might leader had lost, for it had been obvious to everyone there that the real winner of the confrontation was Bane, and it was his court now. But none of them wanted to tell Dismas that. When they were a good distance from the court, he whirled around and made a fist as if to hit one of them. They flinched and he shouted,

"What was that out there! You guys were terrible, you let one guy beat you, one f-ing guy."

Nobody said anything, for the first time in his life somebody who he could not beat stood up to him. He had never had his pride hurt so much before and he was livid, he punched the side of a brick wall, a move he would come to regret later. As the blood dripped from his fingers and as he leaned against the wall, panting; his friends took off and he whispered a silent oath,

"I'm going to kill you kid. I'm going to kill you."

Devi was still watching the drama downstairs, lost again in her own thoughts. Then Vladel fell down the stairs in a manner that had her eyes widening in shock. He'd been talking to her just a minute ago and now he was sprawled on the ground, his true form visible for all to see. The only thought in her head was 'Wow'. She grabbed the railing, her fingers clenching and unclenching as she studied his wings and realized that he was a faery too. She was definitely not in Kansas anymore. Her attention jerked back to the girl, who still hadn't spoken but was laughing slightly with the sort of amused detachment that set Devi on edge. It was obvious that she had pushed him and was finding some sort of twisted pleasure in what she had done. It was in that moment that Devi decided that she wasn't going to like this girl.

'You little bitch.' Her voice was curiously calm. It was in these moments that she struggled so hard to control her temper because when it got out of control...she closed her eyes momentarily, remembering a time long ago when that had happened. She had actually killed someone. Devi felt her scalp tingling, a sure indication that her transformation into her true form had begun. Luckily she had learned to control it and quelled the instinct. She didn't even know why she was so mad. Maybe it was because of the senseless violence. And then there was silence, Devi looked around and realised she was alone. The girl had left. And Vladel himself had recreated his illusion and had now joined the circus too. He looked angry and a moment later she saw why.

The little female faery who had been previously standing on the girl who had fainted was now being carried around in the air and being shaken by a too-curious guy. Devi's eyes followed the movements and she even managed to keep her face carefully blank when the faery bit him even though she felt like bursting out in laughter. She slowly sank down on one of the steps, wondering what would happen next. It was so unreal.

For a few minutes, crashes and thuds emitted from the kitchen like a bear was raiding it. It was just so hard to navigate; too many hiding places for the useful things that she needed. Erin at last shot out of the kitchen and sprinted over to Paige's side, concentrating too intensely on the fallen girl to truly notice anyone or anything else. In her left hand was a wad of damp paper towels, and in her right was a can of Mountain Dew and a partially unwrapped chocolate bar. She held a large chunk of it in her mouth, because apparently she couldn't resist it. It was quickly being devoured.

Erin knelt next to Paige, shaking with energy, and smoothed out the paper towels before unceremoniously plopping them over Paige's forehead. She stared at the girl for a moment, just a foot from her face before sneaking her hand over Paige's nose. There were little puffs of air, so she was still alive. It was always smart just to make sure. What now? She withdrew her hand and continued staring at Paige. Perhaps moving her to a bed would be more comfortable. With this new and brilliant idea, Erin's head snapped up. Her chin-length black hair looked fluffy after her spastic running to and fro.

"We--!" she began grandly, still not reading the situation in front of her, "Should bring her... to... her... room?"

There was the realization. She now just sat there on the floor staring up at a bunch of people bickering. Maleah was being held captive by some boy, but some other boy was trying to free her all while tiny drips of blood leaked from her captor's thumb. She was like a tiny little leech. This was too much!

Erin did the unexpected and giggled quite loudly. "Hey! Shouldn't we be helping Paige right now, not violating each other?" All said with a smile. A genuine smile. "I mean... we're living here together. We're all different, and we're the only ones, so if we fight we have no one."

Her eyes flicked over to Blaine, who was standing there out of the way. She had no idea who he was, but he looked calm.

"Will you help me and carry her up to her room? I will be up very soon." It was phrased as a question, but seemed like a command. With that same damn smile and energy. The chocolate smeared on her face detracted from anything she tried to say in seriousness.

Damien did really feel anything from the faery's bite, but noticed how a friend confronted him at the time. He told him he was being rude so immediately he genlty opened his hand and stared at the faery, which now hung from the edge of his hand by her teeth. It was wierd, he'd been around people before and had been wounded before, but couldn't feel it. Her bite may not have been a nail to the palm, but it should have been a bee sting at least. And the tother guy's grip should've been something too, but it felt just as light.

"Oh, I'm sorry.." he said wit his red eyes locked on his hand. Damien was addicted to something if it intrigued him, no matter what it was or who it was.

He gently lowered his hand back to the head of the fallen girl, then carefully plucked the faery from his hand. He crossed his arms over his knees and made an innocent yet sorry smile.

She listened to the banging and clanging followed by Erin's voice as the energetic girl returned. She kept chattering on like a bird, barely stopping for breath and not even noticing the conflict. When the realization of what was going on sunk into the other girl, Maleah could not help but perform a roll of her eyes even from her upside-down state. Her head was really beginning to hurt from the rush of blood, and the talking bird-girl was not helping.</SPAN>

Suddenly the hand holding her captive opened once more, and her body suddenly dropped like a stone, with Maleah hanging perilously from her mouth. It was so sudden and so quick that she almost let out a shriek, which might have resulted in a splat against the floor if she did not move her wings quick enough, but her teeth had kept her anchored to safety. Not that she really considered this demon exactly 'safe', but he was definably better than being like a crushed bug on the ground. She flickered her wings, ready to fly off and far away from this person, wanting to get the disgusting bloody taste from her mouth, when he began moving his hand once again. She idiotically grabbed on with her hands by instinct, afraid to be shaken off like rain in a dog's fur. She was brought over to Paige's head, and was plucked once more by the rough fingers, setting her down, as the boy apologized.</SPAN>

"Oh, I'm sorry?" Maleah copied his words, spitting out a small Faery-mouth sized glob of blood onto the floor. She knew what Erin had said earlier was true, that they would all be stuck living together and that it would not be intelligent to fight. But Maleah couldn't help it. Her kind was always known, even by humans, to be volatile. Although she had tried her best to keep it supressed, her anger now flowed out freely.

"I am bruised, battered and abused, all by your crushing fingers and greedy hands. You almost fractured my bones, and I will be spotted green-" Greenish-maroon was the color Maleah's bruises turned, although that was not the case for all faeries. "-all thanks to you! Not to mention the humiliation and shame of being handled like a common insect!"

She tried flying off to her room, before she could be tempted into growing, ripping the miniature dress, and showing the demon what a full-sized angry Maleah could do. But, only a foot or so above the ground, she suddenly fell, and cast another scowl at the half-demon. "Not to mention crinkled wings and a pounding dizziness to go along with the spinning the room has gained by hanging upside down!"</SPAN>

Oh, she knew it, she was having a childish tantrum, but she didn't really care. She had full rights to be angry at this boy! Her glaring eyes wandered from the boy to the wooden staircase, the urge to flee growing large within her, but she didn't want to go look like a fool by climbing the stairs, and there was no way she would let any of these people give her a ride up, considering the treatment she had just received simply for being a Faery. So she forced herself to fly back to Paige's face, almost falling but managing a landing, figuring she could simply act like she was still trying to care for the fainted girl.</SPAN>

In the darkness of the hallway she looked out towards the stairway. Silvia was still relishing in what she just did. It could have been passed off as a reaction. But truth was she had been wanting to do it before hand. He had just given her a reason, an excuse. She wasn't wanting to justify in her head what she did. It wasn't about who was right or wrong.

It was her nature to react with violence, Silvia hated being touched by men. She didn't need anyone's help so what if she fell. A girl like her, would have just laided at the bottom of the stairs laughing like some mental patient. Perhaps she needed to be in an Asylum.

A lot of her thinking was off. A guy smiling at her, was an invitation to cave in his face. Blood excited her, pain both inflicted and recieved turned her on. She had already gotten her revenge it had come in such a fashion that, a serial killer might cringe if she was to go into detail.

Silvia clenched her fist that she struck Vadel with. It had been to long since she had inflicted pain. She felt relieved, but on edge. Not wanting to become involved with any more senseless drama, the door to her room opened slowly as her eyes lit up briefly in a volatile glow. The girl then slowly turned and went inside, the door closing behind her quietly.

Blaine watched as more and more chaos ensued, with the Shadow Demon handling the faery quite cruelly. It wasn't done in malice, but it seems with his immense curiosity he lacked the common sense for manners or even respect for the people that interested him. Blaine figured he should get involved, but it appeared as someone else already had that course of action in mind. Vadel had sped across the room to confront the shadow demon known as Damien, a look of displeasure on his face. It seems he somehow knew Maleah and came immediately to her defense. Upon being confronted, Vadel backed down, obviously having not meant any harm and quickly withdrew at the behest of the others.

Poor Maleah was in poor shape after the manhandling she received, and it was just around the same time that Vadel had intervened that Erin had come back from her quest to find things for Paige, who was still passed out on the floor. She had apparently not registered what was going on until she had begun to speak, quickly trying to defuse things with her cheerfulness, not quite realizing the extent of the situation. However, it quickly defused and Blaine moved up to her as she spoke to him.

"Yeah, sure, I'll help." Blaine said, a smile etching across his face at the sight of the chocolate smear across her lips. Leaning down, he directed his attention to Maleah and her crushed pride. Obviously Faeries didn't like being underestimated for being small, even less so for being abused as she was. Trying to be compassionate, he spoke to her, "Maleah, would you like me to take you up to your room as well? I understand that... you may not be up to flying. I could let you sit on my shoulder if you wish." Blaine tried to appear as kind as possible, even flashing a smile, though that had the unintended effect of flashing his fangs. Blaine didn't really view his fangs as intimidating, but could be construed as such by some...

Looking at Maleah's wings and taking in her discomfort, Erin's face adopted an expression other than smily. It was the face of a mother walking into a room to find her children beating each other up, and was just as disconcerting. She leveled that look at Damien.

"You should be more respectful, or at least gentle. If you do something like that again, people here will probably not want to be around you."

Now she turned to Maleah. Her face softened a little, but she still looked irked. "Maybe you should wear your human skin, Maleah. It's safer for you, and this house is human-sized... wouldn't it be easier to be human-sized in a human-sized house? Plus, you could punch people."

The usual grin returned after a sigh. Erin stood up and bounced on the balls of her feet.

"For now, let's all just go to our rooms and get ready to sleep. I mean, we could get to know our room-mates before we sleep, too." She motioned for Blaine to help with Paige. "Thank you, Person. Maleah, I think I heard that you're Paige's room-mate, right? You can just sit tight for a moment. Free ride upstairs!"

She starting walking towards the stairs before anyone could talk back, expecting them to follow.

After seeing Maleah treated with more respect, Vadel had let go of the Shadow Demon's wrist. It was nice to see he had done something right today. Although he actually did not know that was what he had been dealing with. Even if he had though, the protective feelings felt toward their own species were quite strong. Cowardice would not have hindered him under such circumstances.

I think it'll be a long time before I try helping that other girl again though. Or at least that would be the wise thing to do I guess. . . except that it's kind of hard to just leave someone to suffer. It just doesn't feel right. Even for someone like that. It's probably how she ended up that way. . . someone wasn't there to help her when she needed them. And now she doesn't want anyone's help.

Completely consumed in his thoughts?

Unless whatever her kind is just makes her a total psychopath.

Not exactly.

Vadel still stayed observant of his surroundings in case the girl who had knocked him upside the head decided to return for round two. Something seemed truly wrong with her. Anger certainly stirred in him somewhere over getting attacked just for lending a hand. . . but he had seen enough among the humans to learn a few things. Everyone around him seemed to have dealt with the crisis just fine on their own. No need to add one more person to the confusion. So he simply stayed out of it for now.

Walking over to the railing at the bottom of the stairway, the Faery made sure he would not get in the way of their little fainted person procession. Green eyes of illusion glanced around until he noticed Devi relatively near by to him. Drumming his fingers against the safety railing, he considered striking up a conversation with the friendlier of the two girls he had met. Friendlier of course now included the categorization of who had punched him in the head down some stairs. . . and who had.

. . . Ouch. Head hurting now. Now I'm starting to actually feel that punch. If I didn't know any better I'd say that silver-haired girl isn't human. Given the place I'm in right now. . . that isn't such a crazy idea. I mean sheesh. . . I'd like to think I can take a punch just a LITTLE better than that.

Rubbing the side of his head where the blow had landed, Vadel clenched his teeth slightly to muffle a pained sound. Vulnerability was not exactly something he felt needed to be shown in a house that had what seemed to be such vicious tenants inside. Finally he worked up the courage to try starting up one last conversation. Now his face wore what was at once a true and fake smile all at once in preparation for the big step. At least he could put on a pretty face after all he had been through tonight. . . in more ways than one. Perhaps Devi would like talking to him a little more now that some of the sunshine and sparkles had been knocked out of him.

"Greetings Devi!. . .again."

But then again his luck today had not been so great.

<CODE><CODE>When Blaine made his kind offer, she crossed her arms and sat on her roommate's face. Was it really that obvious that she couldn't fly? She recalled how humans always thought of Faeries as cunning little beings, but she sure didn't feel cunning. She felt like a little child, one that received offers of help as if she couldn't do it herself. It was humiliating! To have all these people give her advice like she couldn't come up with it herself. Her little green face looked at Blaine, who smiled with his fangs as he gave her the offer of riding on his shoulder. Muted by the fact she was too embarrassed to say words, she shook her head no. She was not afraid of those pointed incisors, but she didn't trust them either! Even the ones who seem to only want kindness were being hurtful, as was just demonstrated by the Shadow Half-Demon. She didn't trust this Blaine enough to sit on his shoulder, near his pointed teeth that could tear her in two. Dandelion's stem, she didn't even trust him enough to touch him!</CODE></CODE><CODE><CODE></SPAN></SPAN></CODE>

<CODE>SINC was all about trusting the others, and building friendship, but after all that had just happened to her, she felt doubtful that she would be able to open up her trust that much again. It had already been hard, by even being close to these people and talking to them after a lifetime of being taught to avoid all those outside her family and Clan. Trust would be hard to come about here, on her part.</CODE>
<CODE></SPAN></SPAN></CODE>

<CODE>The ever so bouncy Erin tried making a suggestion, and she rolled her eyes. She could not exactly grow to human-size, considering she was in a two-inch big dress. It would tear, and then she would probably get in trouble, since the scientists had made the warning that this place was not like her Tribe, where clothing was more of a winter thing for the sake of warmth. So she shook her head no again, but took in the girl's suggestion to just sit tight. Paige was unconscious beneath her, and it was not like she could cause her harm. Plus, it meant she didn't have to trust anyone to be close to her, and only had to trust they would not drop her ride. So she simply sat on her roommate's face, her long nails gently taking a fistful of skin as to not fall. They were carried to the stairs, and she saw the male Faery that had come to her aid. He was rubbing the side of his head, probably from when he fell down the stairs, and he was talking to a girl she had yet to meet. How many people are in this Nature-forsaken house? She wondered for a moment, before shooting a grateful smile his way. It was a sort of thank you, since he was the one who actually came to her aid while the others adopted the role of standby witnesses. She wasn't sure if he caught the smile, considering he was talking to another, but she felt better now that she had issued some sort of thank you gesture, even if it was a small one. She doubted any of the others would be receiving kind smiles from her for a bout of time.</CODE>
<CODE></SPAN></SPAN></CODE></CODE><CODE>
</CODE>
<CODE></SPAN></SPAN></CODE>

With her head cocked to the side, Devi watched as the guy who'd been too curious about the faery got admonished. Even though he had been a little rude, she didn't really blame him. Sometimes one was so absorbed with the fascination they had for something unique and different that they got a little carried away. Such thoughts brought memories. She remembered the moment she discovered that she could communicate in a way, with her snakes. They couldn't really talk to her but she could sense what they were feeling. It made her feel crazy sometimes, that the hair on her head could at times adopt multiple personalities. But at least she'd never been as lonely as she could have been and in a world that gave little, it was enough. Her attention shifted to the group as they started towards the stairs with the girl who had passed out. Pity she'd missed all the drama. And speaking about drama, Devi couldn't believe that none of the people downstairs had seen how Vladel had literally landed at their feet. If there was a person to be admonished, she had a completly different one in mind.

And thinking about Vladel had her eyes unconciously seeking him out. He actually looked pretty good considering he had taken a pretty nasty tumble. And his human illusion was back in place too...like nothing had happened. Devi knew that everyone had an illusion and she had to say she preffered the ones she could see. It was better to be a monster on the outside, than on the inside. At least then one would know what they were dealing with. Devi passed her fingers through her short locks, kinda sad that the action was over. It had taken her mind off the fact that she was all by herself in a completly new environment. That's when Devi heard Vladel's voice and glanced up. The way he spoke had her a little curious...he seemed so formal. For a moment she felt a little immature with her distressed jeans, combat boots and tinted hair. She had the whole 'rebel-without-a-cause' thing down to a tee. But it was for only a moment.

'
Hey Vladel...right? You good? I've never seen anyone fall down so many stairs and live to tell about it'. There was a smile in her voice and with that came the realisation that she was trying to put this stranger at ease. He'd had it kind of rough today and looked as if he thought that she would just as gladly push him down the stairs than talk to him.

A nervous sort of laughed escaped the Faery when she brought up his recent 'accident'. Though it was probably the most natural subject for their conversation to dwell on. For the moment at least. More than anything, the smile in her voice granted him some comfort from the pain of tumbling down quite a few stairs. Devi actually cared about what happened to him unlike the others. Perhaps that was what had drawn him toward her despite a few worries about whether or not she might want to speak to him at all.

Well at least SOMEONE here cares. . .

Paige fainting was important. . . but he could have suffered serious injuries! Ones that might have left him with broken bones or even permanent paralysis!! Vadel could have lost the use of his legs, wings, or everything from the neck down!!! Worse than being left alive and handicapped though was the fact he could have died! A broken neck could have ended his life at seventeen right then. Unlucky as the Faery had been for it to happen though. . . fortune had smiled on him by letting him escape with just a decent amount of bruises.

"I guess I'm. . . sort of lucky?"

A boyishly charming smile went her way as the Faery continued to lightly massage where he had been punched with pale fingertips sporting neatly trimmed nails. Beneath the illusion though, a few scrapes and bruises were there plain as day. Humans showed the telltale color red when their skin came away and it was one of the few traits that Faery shared with their would-be tormentors. Yet there were reasons why Vadel escaped alive. Namely that the parts of his skin which were hard as tree-bark had shielded him as they absorbed most of the impact. Bones with the durability of a tree trunk remained completely intact. Meanwhile the parts of him which actually showed injury were the sections of his body soft as a flower's petal. Luckiest of all was the simple fact that none of the more. . . private areas of his anatomy were harmed. Grateful was not strong enough a word for how thankful Vadel felt about such fortune.

"It doesn't really feel like it right now though."

Vadel said with a chuckle that suddenly made him come to terms with a few more of the minor injuries though. Despite trying to hide it from Devi for one reason or another, it started to show despite the illusion. Just by looking at the way Vadel moved quickly revealed his pained state to the keen observer. Yet he resisted asking outright for sympathy. Clearly he did not want to willingly be a burden on others around him. It was the main reason this injured Faery kept up his human illusion even in the face of someone who cared at least a little bit about whether he lived or died.

Looking at Devi took his mind off pain though, his green eyes clearly taking the oppertunity to fully take in her appearance beyond what he had observed earlier on the stairs. The way her white hair had that one exotic tuft of camellia pink hair that appealed to the Faery in a way that reminded him of nature. Pale skin that called to mind a white rose in full bloom with a softness, he fantasized, that would match it in every way. Green eye makeup which made her sky blue eyes look like a pair of pure ponds in a lush forest. Full lips that resembled the pale pink of a dahlia flower and just as tender with the silver stud of a piercing just below. Even if it all turned out to be an illusion just like his own, she certainly had chosen a unique one.

I wonder what SHE is. . .

Not that he was undressing her with his eyes or anything perverted like that. Rather he looked at her in two different ways at the same time. . . with one being the way a person looked at a work of art they found beautiful and the other as another living creature in nature just like himself. Although it still had the chance of making her blush. If she were the type of girl who did that sort of thing when a type of boy like him looked at her in that sort of way.

"I think I'll be alright."

Blaine got the message as Maleah merely shook her head no, unable to muster up a vocal response. Blaine figured that, given how hurt her pride was at the moment, and the fact that she was all alone with people she could hardly trust, to bring herself even lower was hard on a prideful person such as herself. Not pressing it further, he closed the smile and set to work at the task at hand: moving Paige.

Blaine knelt down besides Paige, taking a moment to analyze the best way to lift her up without manhandling her. She looked pretty light, which was good, though being a vampire meant looking a good deal stronger than most people would've given him credit for. Sliding his hands under her back and thighs, he exerted pressure upwards, and soon was on his feet with Paige cradled in his arms. All of this was done with relative ease, and Blaine made sure to make it as gentle an ascent as possible, given that he had a passenger in Maleah aboard. The last thing she needed was to fall off and further humiliate herself.

Blaine turned towards the stairs and took his time walking up to her room. This was done not only so that he was gentle with Paige in making sure that her head or legs didn't bump or hit anyone, and that Maleah was able to keep herself steady. Taking it a step at a time, it took him a while but eventually Blaine was up the stairs and in the hallway marked with doors on either side. Looking at the name tags, he quickly found her room and waiting outside it for Erin to open it for him, given his lack of unoccupied hands.

Interesting. His court? please. The winner was evident. A large green appeared across Bane's features as Bingo and his team left the courts. Neither did her care about the sniveling human female that lay at his mercy. The game had finished as the opposing team following the kid like dogs. That boy had another thing coming to him if he really thought Bane was a child, the idiot should have known better.
The dusk slowly descended upon the skies, it was time for him to head back and do something at least conventional. With no gesture that recognized the existence of his team mates. Bane began to walk off. The girl from the court yelled out to him "Thank you!" to which he just raised a hand toward them, not even turning as if to say. Later.

As he approached the dorm, it seemed clearer than he had thought it would be. But then he got to the stairs. With a sigh he looked up at the crowd with solemn gaze, two smaller creatures - obviously fae and the others looked generally normal. Like humans. As expected. Whatever. A crowd...Fantastic. Quite plainly he pushed his way past the group of students without saying a word. He didn't care what they though of his appearance in the dorm and neither did he want to get to know them.

Making his way toward his assigned, dorm. Leaving the door generally open, he unpacked his belongings neatly away into or onto the appropriate surrounding furniture.

Erin silently hopped up the stairs after Blaine, staying behind him just in case he stumbled. She wanted to be there to catch them if they fell. At one point she turned to stare at the boy coming through the door. He glanced around and then retreated into the boys' hall. Distractions ran abound, and she soon stopped again briefly to examine Devi and Vadel, two people she had yet to meet. A flicker of recognition passed through her eyes; she recalled seeing Vadel downstairs, but very, very briefly. She also looked rather intrigued with Devi's hair, according to her fascinated stare. After a second, she finally remembered the task and hand and waved briefly. Erin finally managed to get to the top of the stairs and ran to where Blaine was waiting for her to open the door. She twisted the knob and shoved the door open, standing by until he emerged again.

Devi was about to open her mouth to answer Vladel when some guy trying to get up the stairs almost barged into her. Karma was definitely a bitch. She decided not to put too much blame on Karma though because she was practically a sitting duck. With all these people going up the stairs at once, it was probably hard to see her sitting on the stairs. She briefly thought about standing up but dismissed the idea, the crush of people going up the stairs was still too stifling to allow any proper movement anyway. She would wait until they were all gone to make her grand escape back to her small room. She wondered briefly if one of these people was her room-mate. They were either too bossy, too chirpy or just plain crazy. She didn't like those limited options. Devi turned her attention back to Vladel.

"Well, good to know you're not suffering from internal bleeding or anything …you're not, are you? Because I was told that some people can bleed for hours without knowing, then die a slow, painful death..."

Devi had realized that Vladel was watching her on a visceral level. That's when she noticed she was blubbering a bit. She tended to do that when people where looking too closely at her, trying to scrutinize her. Crazy as it sounded, it seemed like they wanted to get inside her soul and discover all her darkest desires and secret hopes. So she talked. She talked and tried to distract them from that task. Sometimes the feelings and emotions in her heart scared her. They made her wish her father was around so that he could soothe away her fears. Her mother of course, wouldn't give a damn because she was a woman who viewed emotions as a sign of weakness, especially for individuals like them. Devi shook her head a little, trying to remove the cobwebs of her past away from her present. Of course no one could see what was inside her…just what she allowed them to see. She put on a bright smile, hoping that it would soon mirror her mood. God, this chirpiness and positivity was rubbing off on her.

"But anyway, I doubt that applies to you because you're not human…I mean you're not weak like humans…you're…ugh!...forget it."

Devi inwardly winced and smiled sheepishly. She hated it when her mouth was working faster than her brain. She glanced to her left and noticed a girl staring at her, the one who seemed to have the most energy and chirpiness of all the chirpy girls in the world combined. Devi held her gaze until the other girl broke contact. She glanced back at Vladel, it seemed as if it was just the two of them again. Almost everyone had gone up the stairs.

Upon Devi's mention of internal bleeding, the Faer's expression warped with worry. Perhaps he WAS suffering from it and just did not realize? How could he actually tell for sure without proper medical treatment? Doubt slithered through his veins now with it's venom that continued to contort his countenance. Without even trying the Medusa had petrified him in a different manner than expected of her race. After all his race, while not human, was not exactly known for their durability in the face of physical harm.

Is Devi right? Do I have internal bleeding? A slow, painful death. . . I DON'T WANT THAT! I'M TOO YOUNG TO DIE! Sentenced to a slow death just for trying to keep someone from going face first down some stairs! SERIOUSLY?! What kind of fate is that?! I don't even have any kids yet! Or even a mate! After two whole years of blending in perfectly fine I'll wind up dead in a human house! Unless Faeries heal themselves. . . we've done that before. I remember it. The healers did everything without all the scary hospitals that the humans need to survive. All this time among the humans and I never needed any medical attention once! But what if-

Luckily for him, a bright smile came from Devi and brought him out of it.

Of course that did not nullify the fact that on top of suffering from a decent amount of pain that now extreme stress had been piled up on top of it. Vadel lost control of his illusion from head to toe. Devi would find herself alone with a male Faery who had oddly colored bruises along soft areas of skin. Meanwhile, minor cuts and scrapes scattered across the sections of his pale violet skin with the rough-textured hardness of tree-bark. Golden eyes now gazed up at Devi instead of green ones. Embarrassing him more likely than anything else though, was the fact he had chosen to forgo clothes aside from those his illusion granted. Literally he now stood naked before the Gorgon in every sense of the word. Realizing this rather quickly, Vadel clung to the stairway's bottom-most gooseneck while rapidly shrinking himself down to the size most people associated with Faeries. If he stayed small Devi had less of a chance to see something that she probably did not want to see at all.

"N-not that Faeries have issues with n-nudity among themselves, but assuming that you do not w-want to see anything. . . c-could you be a d-dear and grab me s-some t-tiny pants from my room? Or you c-could just run to y-your room and I'll head to m-mine. Or actually j-just-"

Falling silent, his thoughts finished the sentence.

. . . nevermind. Just forget that I ever existed. Just like everyone else here did. It's probably best that way. I'll just find my own way back up to my room.

At such a small size it was slightly harder to hear his voice. But what kept him from just flitting off to his room was the fear of his wings having been damaged during the fall. Climbing up the stairs would likely take him some time in either form given the pain Vadel was currently going through. Devi probably did not need to see one of her fellow housemates nude on the first day. Estimating just how he could reach his room from the bottom floor turned into a daunting task. Failure was not an option he wanted to consider after all he had gone through tonight.

Vladel looked kind of worried, Devi noted. 'Ugh, me and my big mouth,' She thought ruefully. She highly doubted that he had any internal bleeding though, she'd watched enough of Grey's Anatomy to feel like an expert on the subject. On his part the haunted expression on his face melted away quickly so she decided that she hadn't done any permanent damage to his psyche. The thought brought another smile to her face, in certain circles she was known for her ability to drive people crazy and not the good kind of crazy but the I-want-to-throw-you-over-the-edge-of-a-cliff sort. Sometimes she really missed her old life, which was odd because she had been so anxious to escape it and all its implications. There had been moments though, moments which stood out starkly in her memory and beckoned to her of what could have been. A couple of months ago, it used to drive her crazy until she finally decided to let the past be just that; past, gone. She mentally shrugged her shoulders, why couldn't she get all that crap out of her mind? Ever since she'd gotten here, that was all she could think about. Maybe it was the stress of a totally new environment, not to mention people.

However, a couple of seconds Vladel gave her something else to think about. He literally transformed right before her eyes. Devi was inwardly jolted with shock but apart from a raised eyebrow, her expression remained neutral. She tried looking at the spot right in-between his eyes so that her own wouldn't stray to areas that where better left unseen. But what she had observed was adding another layer of shock into her already electrified mind. He had bruises all over. She hadn't thought that he'd gotten that hurt because he looked pretty fine when he took on his human form. Initially, it brought back remnants of her earlier anger towards the girl who had pushed him but she decided to let that go. It wasn't doing anyone any good. God, why was it so hard just concentrating on that one little spot that marked the bridge between his now golden eyes? She inadvertently looked down and then almost burst into laughter. He was naked. Okay, she felt slightly embarrassed and for a moment wished to disappear. But it seemed as if Vladel beat her to it because seconds later, he started shrinking.

Devi's brow furrowed in a frown as she watched him growing smaller and smaller. He looked like the male version of the other faery, minus the clothes. She realised that he was speaking and bent down a little lower so that she could hear him better, trying to get over the absurdity of the whole situation. What he said however, seemed to breach her control, because she found herself laughing and she just couldn't stop. Tiny pants? Her nose started feeling like it was going to start running and her stomach started hurting. 'Oh God Devi, stop' She tried telling herself sternly, 'You're probably making him feel bad!' She took rapid deep breaths until she had the hilarity under control.

'I'm sorry, I wasn't laughing at you. So...um...these tiny pants are they like...in a tiny suitcase or something?' Wow, she sounded so freaking dumb. Just saying that set her off again into gales of laughter. She couldn't remember laughing this hard in weeks. Somehow, she managed to put herself under control. 'Okay,I think I'm done, I'm totally done. So about the pants...maybe I could just...carry you to your room. I might have a hard time finding them. That is if you don't mind.'

Strangely enough her laughter at the mention of tiny pants did not offend the Faery at all. In fact it pulled a couple laughs out of him as well. Enough interaction with the humans while incognito had allowed Vadel to get a grip on what the much larger bipeds found funny. Although he understood Devi more than likely was not human at all, it did not restrict her from finding something as 'absurd' as tiny pants worth laughing at!

Despite the pain, he managed to form those tiny lips into a miniature smile just for her.

"N-no I don't m-mind! Thank you for being so kind, Devi."

Ready for the short trip ahead of him, Vadel used both hands to cover up what did not need to be seen by the generous Gorgon girl. Happiness filled him to the point that his pain dulled somewhat. For the second time today his faith in the goodness of others had been rewarded. When her hand was offered the Faery would willingly step up onto it. Once they reached his room he would likely hide away inside rather quickly. After she opened the door of course. Under circumstances where more clothes were involved he might have given her a hug. Instead what he said while riding on her hand would have to suffice.

"I'll never forget this. You've made at least one friend for sure!"