Project: Einherjar (OOC/Characters)

Alright. I'll probably take a little while to get some ideas put together, but I'll do that. I probably should generate some NPC pilots for various reasons. And just other characters as far as administration or the like goes.

Any suggestions?

Some characters around Elisa's age would be good for interactions.

Hm, for an NPC Pilot? Let's see what archetypes haven't been used... Hmm, what about a die-hard fanatic to Yggdrasil? Some pilot, who actually wanted the Asgard military practices to be waaay more formalized, devoted entirely to the chain of command?

I'll have to think about that other one, but here's something for another pilot, a least.

Name: Alice Hartmann
Callsign: Wonderland (or something more amusing, if you guys have any ideas)
Appearance:
Alice is short for her age, and her small frame may cause one to mistake it for something younger. She has short blonde hair with long forelocks in front of each ear, and light blue eyes. She has extensive scarring from severe burns on her right side, including her face. Her right eye is essentially blind ,and she usually covers it with an eyepatch. If not in uniform, she usually wears unisex clothing, and tends to avoid showing off her body or any attempts to look "girly".

Background:
1st Lt Hartmann is another graduate of Yggdrasil's "accelerated" pilot training program. She was orphaned in an early Gauna attack and became a ward of the state, eventually moving to Yggdrasil's supervision as one of their pilot trainees and a participant in certain experiments in gene therapy to produce improved pilots. Whether or not it actually worked, she is still present in Asgard. She was severely injured a few years ago in combat, and although she has recovered and has no problems with the mental link, she has been placed on reserve.

Personality:
Alice strictly adheres to military discipline and lives a very regimented life. She is bitter about her reserve status as a pilot, and is constantly training and working to prove herself. She has a bit of a complex about her appearance. In general, she sees herself as a soldier first and a woman second, so she doesn't act very feminine. She does, however, have a large collection of dolls. One can otherwise sum her up well as a bit of a tsundere (toward everybody). Alice has an understandable case of pyrophobia.

Hmm, alright. She sounds kind of hard to interact with, but if you've got any ideas I'm listening.

Also, why is Chloe an active pilot instead of this person? What's the IC justification?

THE WORLD WIDE SHOOTER TOURNAMENT! DUH!

... Does Ludwig only see the importance of that event!?

Modern militaries will permanently ground a pilot for far less extensive injuries, from what I can gather. So there's my justification. Alternatively, she's just part of another squad.

I'll see if I can cook up something for a Gauna cultist or something similar, though that one might take me a while.

Well, if you're doing more teenagers (pilots?), perhaps someone a bit more personable for the next NPC?

I'm finally back from my finals, sorry if I kept you guys waiting. I'll try to catch up.

Hey guys, are you still looking for pilot characters? Oddly enough I tried to come up with the 'die-hard Yggdrasil fanatic' character but R-9 beat me to it, haha.

You could probably do your own take on it. Alice is an NPC so she's not likely to be super-relevant overall. And while I will try to keep her personable, she might not be the easiest to get along with, either.

As for Gauna cultists, I can't think of any individual for such, but I do really like the idea of them in general, so I think I may have an idea forming...

Alice's character concept is perfect, haha, she's near exactly what I had in mind for the character I was making. I sort of tried fleshing her out a bit more because she'd be so much fun to play, but if you need to hold onto her as an NPC I can come up with a different character.

Name: 1st Lt. Alice Hartmann

Callsign: Wonderland

Appearance: Hartmann is shorter than average and of small, athletic build. She has short, blonde hair with a razor-straight fringe and bangs framing her face, and light blue eyes. As a result, she appears rather boyish and younger than her actual age. She has considerable scarring on the right side of her face. Her right eye is virtually blind and is usually covered with a black eyepatch. She is almost always in uniform - a common joke among Yggdrasil staff is that Hartmann was born with an einherjar suit instead of human skin.

Background: Orphaned at 4 years old during one of the first Guana attacks, Hartmann was 'adopted' by Yggdrasil within a matter of months. Her pilot training began at a young age, and she made startling progress. She obsessively trained herself physically and mentally, day and night. She pored over every newspaper article and television footage she could find on Guana attacks - which, in her mind, made her know better than anyone the threat they posed to humanity, and everything they were capable of. Hartmann enthusiastically accepted the structure and regime Yggdrasil gave her, and even volunteered for experiments in genetic enhancement - anything to be the best, to destroy the Guana - though her extreme studiousness didn't win her many friends.

At 14, Hartmann had graduated training and was immediately put onto the force. Her extensive research into neural bonding made her einherjar orientation seem near effortless. When she was finally called out to her first mission, she felt more than ready to show the Guana - and all of Asgard - what she was capable of.

The mission was a complete disaster. No amount of research could have prepared Hartmann for a real Guana, one she had never seen in any of her archived footage. The Guana's heat ray sliced through her einherjar's armour like butter and critically damaged several of its vital systems, causing the entire rig to burst into flames. Hartmann's last memory of the attack was scrambling in panic to release the escape capsule as the cockpit burnt up around her.

Hartmann survived, though the scars and the developed pyrophobia stayed with her. She felt humiliated. A decade of training and preparation had been invalidated within minutes of first contact with the enemy. She was determined that the next time, she'd be stronger than anything the Guana had ever faced. Now that she's recovered, she'll finally get the chance to prove herself.

Personality: As evidenced by her tendency to refer to others (and how others tend to refer to her) by surname, Hartmann finds it difficult to connect with others - her attempts to be friendly or endearing are usually coated with sarcasm. She puts herself under a lot of pressure to prove her competence - her spare time is almost completely dominated by a strict regime of training and research. She follows rules and orders to the letter and easily gets impatient with those who have a more lax attitude. She secretly possesses a doll collection, of which she would be mortified if anyone found out.

Einherjar Info

Unit number: J-X2

Unit name: Jotun-2

Description: Hulking even by einherjar standards, the Jotun is built for ultimate firepower and durability at the expense of mobility.

Special features:

Scourgebuster: When the Jotun-1 was destroyed, Hartmann's first request for its replacement was 'something that will turn a Guana to dust before it touches me'. The result was the devastating Scourgebuster, which draws power from both the Jotun's fuel core and its battery to create a short but extremely powerful laser burst from one or both palms of its hands. Due to being so energy-intensive, Hartmann only uses it as a last resort.

Equipment:
Gatling guns mounted on each arm
Standard-issue vibrosword

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think I can be upset at someone stealing my own characters, so have fun with her. It'll be interesting to see someone else's take.

So, I'd like to get involved in this RP again. Anything I can do? NPCs I could interact with or anything, really.

I'm really not sure, although I'll probably start something up in a bit for ether investigating things on Asgard or a nice little mission to go poking around on the Moon. I'm really light on the NPCs so there's not much I can offer there at the moment.

If I'm not posting, just assume that I'm in the lab with the samples.