Project: Einherjar (OOC/Characters)

I think it'd be best to say, have the characters who are new to Yggdrasil (my character and possibly some of the others would likely already be up in Asgard) being brought in and everyone meeting each other.

"I don't have to take your shit! I'm a 99 level prestige five-star general!"

*gets cuffed in the faceby MPs*

At least that's how I imagine Chloe's orientation went down

I guess if that would be the case, I'd have to ask who's "new" and who would be established as already there. And, well, if there are no new additions to the team, I can roll with that and think of something. Maybe eve if you're not new to Yggdrasil, you're at least all just organized into the same squad, which would still give an opportunity for a meet and greet sort of thing.

Because I'm not sure anyone else is going to take the OD position, I'll set this NPC up. If someone does, I'll just quietly remove them.

Name: Leon Jaeger
Role: Operations Director
Appearance:
Leon is a tall, slim man in his mid-30s, with short blonde hair and piercing blue eyes. For an Yggdrasil officer, he's usually out of uniform, and tends to wear his old squadron's bomber jacket over a clean button-down shirt and a good pair of slacks.

Background:

Major Leon Jaeger is a former aerospace fighter pilot and veteran of some of the earliest engagements with Gauna. Yggdrasil sought him out after an injury left him permanently grounded, and dragged him out to act as a trainer and overseer for the pilots for their new anti-Gauna weapon, the Einherjar. While his laid-back attitude might lead some of the more traditional higher-ups to have problems with him, he tends to be well-liked by his peers and subordinates, and fosters a strong team dynamic amongst those he works with. As time has gone on, he's managed to climb the ranks within the organization, and currently is Director of Combat Operations on Asgard. If one were to hear him tell it, he'd say it was less through any effort of his own and more came with the territory. He was the one who started out watching over and commanding the pilots, and that's still what he does.

Personality:
Leon has a very laid-back attitude toward most things, and tends not to be very concerned with strict military discipline. While he may often appear unkempt, or be easy to see slacking off with his hobbies when not in the middle of a crisis, he's got a sharp mind and is able to adapt strategies on the fly if something goes wrong. He sees the pilots and everyone else under his supervision as part of a team, and encourages a high level of camaraderie and cooperation between them, even going so far as to throw regular parties whenever he has a good excuse (including the welcoming of new pilots or celebration of a particularly hard-fought victory). He's more than willing to let his subordinates do their own thing if he thinks they have a good idea, and is the type to trust his own gut feelings, or take a risk on a plan even if it has little chance of success. He does his best to ensure every pilot who sorties returns, and considers this to be his most important duty.

Reactions: 2 people
Probably don't need to say this, but I plan to have an evolving load out for my Mech. It'll likely start accumulating new bits and gadgets as this progresses.

I'd expect that for everyone. Particularly in the case of hand-carried weapons, there's no need to keep the same ones for every fight, and I'll probably have times myself where different tactics are an option or suggested. "Hey, we got this new weapon developed, someone want to give it a try?"

Mixing our weapons up once in a while would be cool, helps keep things fresh.

I guess if that would be the case, I'd have to ask who's "new" and who would be established as already there. And, well, if there are no new additions to the team, I can roll with that and think of something. Maybe eve if you're not new to Yggdrasil, you're at least all just organized into the same squad, which would still give an opportunity for a meet and greet sort of thing.
I'd say Chloe is a relatively new arrival. Probably got to find her room on Asgard and a basic tour, if that.

Would Yggdrasil generally require my character to wear a uniform?

They probably wouldn't. They have uniforms, certainly, but they're not too formal about it overall.

Elisa's probably going to avoid wearing them, then.

And, before I forget: Any NPCs here that I'd already be familiar with? I assume the Major, at least.

Speaking of NPCs... I would assume there would be few if any members of the Science Research Department at this? Just asking out of curiosity.

Randall has been in the force for a while, so he'd be there to greet, correct? Just standing with the Major.

Elisa's probably going to avoid wearing them, then.

And, before I forget: Any NPCs here that I'd already be familiar with? I assume the Major, at least.
Probably the Major and anyone on the crew you'd work with regularly, like whoever's in charge of communications (or shouting in surprise every time something goes wrong). There are probably some other pilots there as well.

Speaking of NPCs... I would assume there would be few if any members of the Science Research Department at this? Just asking out of curiosity.
There could be some of them there, I'm sure Leon would drag everyone he could find over. But the scientists might not always want to associate with the pilots and other combat crew types, either.

Randall has been in the force for a while, so he'd be there to greet, correct? Just standing with the Major.
Probably so.

There's probably one last slot open. I don't exactly have a hard limit, but 4 or 5 is probably a good number for pilots.

A little curious if Jaeger'll stop Randall from leaving or not