Project: Einherjar (OOC/Characters)

Oh, those guys. They operate the tugs, and treat any wounded pilots, correct? Pulling this from different books about fighters in space.

Name: Elisa Hawke

Class: Einherjar Pilot

Callsign: To be determined.

Appearance:
http://i.imgur.com/hEMRszm.jpg

Background:
Depending on how you look at it, Elisa is either fortunate to have the proper training and practice to be able to fight and pilot an Einherjar, or unfortunate to not have had much of a normal life. Possibly both. What happened is that Yggdrasil picked her up early enough in her life that the majority of said life has involved training, weapons, Einherjar, and Yggdrasil. While her training hasn't been particularly harsh or otherwise immoral, it hasn't exactly been light either. She's taken to it well enough, her skills increasing steadily over time. That said, she isn't perfect. Elisa has no real combat experience, and despite her significant trained skills, she's still just a 16 year old girl with a lot of high expectations placed on her.

Personality:
While Elisa has basically been brought up as 'designated Einherjar pilot', she's well aware of the fact that this isn't normal. She's also decided that she doesn't want to base her entire life's identity on her status as a pilot and her role in fighting the Guana. Even if that is what everyone expects out of her, and the basis of how people view her, it doesn't mean she should confine her life to just that. However, this is more easily said than done. While she'd like to define herself as more than a pilot, she's not quite sure what else she would define herself as. And while she's not sure she's entirely happy about being trained from piloting as a young age, Elisa definitely hates both brooding and angst, so you can expect her to do little of either.

Einherjar Sheet:

Unit number: 01

Unit name: Unnamed, at least so far

Description: A sleek machine built for balance between speed and armor/weapons. It has a railgun rifle integrated into the left shoulder, and typically carries a sword in its right hand. The Aegis Gauntlet and Over Boost systems are clearly visible on the machine, but other than that it doesn't stand out any more than any other Einherjar.

Special features:
Aegis Gauntlet: An armoured/reinforced gauntlet equipped with shield emitters to help it deflect blows better. While it is useful, it can't really be used repeatedly as the shielding tech needs time to recover after being used, and it definitely isn't invincible. Elisa's had it tweaked so that she can reconfigure the shield emitters on the fly, temporarily wreathing the gauntlet in energy - allowing it to perform devastating unarmed strikes. She can't use the defensive functions at the same time, and doing it makes the shield tech need to recover as if she'd used it to block an attack.
Over Boost: A special set of additional thrusters, made not for sustained flight but for brief bursts of high speed. Unfortunately they need a short time to charge up before being used, making them all but useless for dodging attacks. However, they're still quite a useful offensive tool.

Equipment:
Monomolecular Longsword
A railgun rifle integrated into one of its shoulders. Good accuracy and penetrating power, but it's a single shot weapon with a low rate of fire.
Monomolecular Dagger (backup weapon)

Notes:
The special features are mainly to give me more cool stuff to do in combat. I tried to limit 'em to reasonable levels. Hopefully they're not too much. Plus, it's a mecha game, cool special systems on your robot are half of the fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people
Gotta question of my own actually. Is it possible to make a character based around Search And Rescue, the guys that go out and recover downed pilots either during or shortly after a fight?
I'm not sure how interesting it would end up being, depending on how fights turn out, but that's about the only issue I could see with such a role. If you like the idea, I'd say go for it. And if you do end up feeling like you don't have much to do, we can always put some additional duties together. I could certainly see some other jobs like deploying satellites or collecting debris and other space "junk" in addition to search and rescue.

I'm thinking of a mechanic who's been 'secretly' repairing a 'missing' einherjar in a hanger under his home in Bifrost city. He's recently been asked to join Yggdrasil as an einherjar mechanic. The supervisor of the project should be aware of his prior workings despite his best effort to hide them, and eventually have the customized einherjar brought up to Asgard for him to pilot.

A fan of vehicles able to do their job and take a beating, he's customized an early model einherjar to be a veritable brick wall. Thicker armor plating, implementing the rifle the downed unit came with into a tower shield (so the barrel points out from the side of the shield), and painting an ourobouros onto the body of the einherjar. "Here forever, baby!"

I'll write up a char sheet later. Working at the moment.

So, R-9, is my character alright? You should probably put who's accepted in the first post, or just tell people if they're good to go or not.

So, R-9, is my character alright? You should probably put who's accepted in the first post, or just tell people if they're good to go or not.
Yeah, you and @Verin are both good to go. I'll go edit in that section for accepted characters. I'll probably wait a while before putting the IC thread together, as we've got a few other characters on the way, it seems.

Heya! Just wondering if it'd be okay to toss my hat into the ring?

Yeah, you and @Verin are both good to go. I'll go edit in that section for accepted characters. I'll probably wait a while before putting the IC thread together, as we've got a few other characters on the way, it seems.
Cool.

I might start thinking about how many people you do want in the game, though. Don't know if I'd go past four pilots, otherwise battles could end up being a bit too chaotic to easily manage. And if DasLieb is interested in piloting and everyone submits sheets, we'd be at that.

Heya! Just wondering if it'd be okay to toss my hat into the ring?
Please do.

Cool.

I might start thinking about how many people you do want in the game, though. Don't know if I'd go past four pilots, otherwise battles could end up being a bit too chaotic to easily manage. And if DasLieb is interested in piloting and everyone submits sheets, we'd be at that.
That probably is something to consider. I'll probably also have to put together an NPC profile for any important positions that aren't accounted for once everyone has posted characters.

Note: I took a little liberty with the setting, if ya want it changed then no problem!
Secondary Note: I think I may have gone a little overboard with the mecha...

Name: Chloe Taylor
Callsign: Top Gun
Appearance:
Hacker.jpg
Background: Chloe is a veteran of war. A survivor of hundreds of thousands of battles with her kill count in the millions. The statistics happen to be a rounded estimation of her extensive career in Immersive Shooters. Ranging from the latest in the Rise to Service series to Waylo VII. Having taken part in global tournaments she emerged victorious as the top rated competitor. Chloe's success is in no small part thanks to her natural talent for operating in virtual reality. After the global tournament victory Chlose found herself lacking anymore motivation. Previously every match she had played was to better herself to try to place in the grand tournament. Now that she had actually done so, the girl found that her burning passion for Immersive Shooters no longer had a -reason-. Somewhere along the line Chloe had stopped playing the games for fun and used them to win.

It was because of her circumstances, extensive experience with VR tech that was related to the neural linking and discreet tests that found Chloe to be sync capable that she was drafted into being an Einherjar pilot.

In the cockpit of a warmachine,Chloe found a new passion to relentlessly pursue.

Personality: Er...as an RPer I'm not a super big fan of this, I find that the personality usually ends up solidifying differently after I play the character a bit. With that in mind, I'll ramble on about my current impression of Chloe.

Driven is the foremost description. Her studies were left at the wayside to get more time logged in getting headshots, any friends she had were people she could frag virtually and any plans for the future was thought to be a “respawn”. As such she tends to have a short temper for dealing with obstructions to what she wants, but when dealing with her true desire Chloe can exhibit patience. Sometimes. Her personal style of play was always an aggressive one, favoring offense to crush opposition. Not quite the best team player as noted during the global tourney in the doubles and squad competitions, she made up for such deficiency with her own skill. (ITT: drill sergeants had a favorite target)

Einherjar sheet (for pilots)
Unit number: 06
Unit name: Nothing appropriate comes to mind yet!
Special features:

Explosive Projectile Launcher: A series of nodules that contain a small but powerful kinetic accelerator. Each point has a limited stock of ammunition, but can launch bolts much like a more traditional railgun. The basic idea is a spray-and-pray methodology, but in a close-quarters engagement it has devastating potential.

Mantis CQC Fittings: Also called “Ace in the Hole” by Chloe. The legs and torso of the Einehrjar has been reinforced compared to the stock model, this is to allow a pair of additional limbs to be fitted on the torso. While not fully functional, they end in a number of vibro blades. When not in use they remain folded up around the waist, appearing no more than additional armor with a poor structural form. The true application of them is high speed and precise strokes. The fittings are not meant to be swung around as a blunt tool, but meant to launch from a coiled position as a surprise to quickly neutralize and/or eliminate the target. This is in part due to the difference in physiology from a human body, controlling them with any manner of long term precision is taxing at best.

Equipment:

Excaliber-class rail rifle with under slung scattershot launcher

(2) Anti-Gauna Missile Launchers (Articulated mount on the back to allow it to deploy over the shoulders when firing)

Vibro Knife

Note: I took a little liberty with the setting, if ya want it changed then no problem!
Secondary Note: I think I may have gone a little overboard with the mecha...

Er...as an RPer I'm not a super big fan of this, I find that the personality usually ends up solidifying differently after I play the character a bit. With that in mind, I'll ramble on about my current impression of Chloe.

*INSERT MAGICAL SHARP TECH HERE*
*insert standard back up knife?*
First of all, Chloe's approved.

And now, to comment on the things quoted above. I'm fine with taking liberties with the setting. Generally, if I don't specify something, it's great if players fill in some details themselves. I'm pretty flexible with that sort of thing, and it's honestly always fun when the world's built together. Besides, at first I wasn't sure what to make of the veteran with an incredible kill count...then I got to the punch line and it was great.

The mecha's probably fine. It reminds me a little of Alt Eisen and its pile of mounted weapons, as I get the feeling that explosive launcher is a bit like the shoulder-mounted claymores.

I actually agree as far as "personality" entries go, myself. It's why I said it's more for the player's benefit. I suppose what I was really getting at was more "You should consider this a little, but you don't need to post it for everyone to see, because you're the only one playing your character anyway." It'll matter a bit for NPCs, because I've given you guys some freedom to have them turn up and act in your posts.

The magical sharp tech would go for the knife as well as any other blades. I'll say it's probably more a monomolecular edge than something vibrating very fast. I always thought that ultra-sharp edges like that tended to be more "fancy scifi tech," even if we can do it now with things like carefully broken glass (the key is making that edge last, which probably does take a lot of maintenance). There are various ways one could modify a blade or melee weapon past just being ridiculously sharp, though. Standard-issue knife is pretty much your typical mecha-scale combat knife. Some would probably claim all these bladed weapons are silly on giant robots, but when the enemy is not other robots but rather giant living things which are more fleshy than armored, it makes more sense than you'd think.

So I'd most likely be using a monomolecular sword for main melee usage?

Hm? This thing still recruiting? If so..

Name: Dr. Ludwig Fiedler
Appearance: http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/7932/drschneider32.jpg

Background: Ludwig was born to a simple life, born in a small town to a pair of Goat Herders. His peaceful life there was changed rather quickly, as at an early age Ludwig built a small working robot. Clearly a child who built robotics at such an early age would be useful, and had to be carefully taken from his family for the greater good. Which... didn't happen, no it was more of a swift breaking and entering and taking young Ludwig to a hidden research facility owned by Yggdrasil. (Well, at least they gave the parents a note, and let Ludwig visit them every once and awhile). It was from there Ludwig learned far more about advanced technologies and various scientific fields than he ever would have if he were not raised in a Secretive Facility of Science. Then, it happened, first contact with the Guana! ... Which wasn't exactly peaceful, either way Ludwig was moved to Bifrost City to help manufacture the great Einherjars, and to help develop new technologies to defeat the Guana menace and protect humanity!

Personality: Being raised in a Secretive Laboratory was not particularly helpful Ludwig develop social skills. His colleagues frequently think he is strange. Ludwig does not help in making his colleagues think he is particularly sane as he believes himself to a far descendant to Doctor Victor Frankenstein. Ludwig is deeply engrossed in all manners of scientific research, especially Robotics, and hopes that he can get many dead Guana samples so he can study their biological nature. He is an overly eager individual in most everything he does, seeing the positive side in almost anything.

((As he's not a pilot or combat oriented, I'm not sure if I should include gear and what not...))

It's still recruiting, and I'm happy to see someone in a science/support position as well. Since he's not a pilot, you won't need to worry about the mecha/gear section, unless you want to go into detail about laboratory facilities at your disposal or the like. I hope you can get your space monster parts.

Ludwig is approved.

Awwww yisss! Thankalanks for clarifying!

And hey, not -just- claymores. They're a great way for clearing off any damn birds that try nesting on it. Or say, fleshy appendages trying to grapple it...

Now I get it. That's definitely a very handy thing to have for something that seems leaned toward being a close combat model.

Whatever is salvageable will be of a magnificent use to him. Space Monsters will be of great importance! *Rubs hands in a stereotypical fashion* BWAAHAHAHA... FOR SCIENCE! Yeah, I should probably write down some things his laboratory would have.

I'll probably get an IC thread up tomorrow or Monday at the latest. Does anyone have any preference how I set things up? I figure it'd be more routine day up on Asgard and you can go from there, unless there's anything you'd want for a start, such as being newer arrivals with an orientation or something like that.