Primrose Academy for the Magically Gifted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arrow's first instinct was, of course, to take the redhead's hand. "My name's Arrow," he said, starting towards one of the corner seats. He felt so nonchalant about it for the first few moments, but he could feel his cheeks heating up the longer his hand was in hers. Dammit, he was sure he was blushing visibly. What if someone saw? Worse, what if someone picked on him for it? What if he became a laughingstock? Oh god, oh god...

Arrow was so lost in his being a nervous wreck that he nearly tripped over one of the chairs on his way to the corner of the hall. His knee knocked a few small pillows to the floor, and the red flush on his cheeks spread to the rest of his face in his embarrassment.

Asylsa let Arrow pull her along, smiling and giggling silently at his near trip. She turned to see that the teachers were going to give the announcements so she pulled the boy back to their original seats, everyone being told to sit down and be quiet. The red head looked around at the others who now had to sit down as the teachers got ready to give their announcements.

The girl shifted in her seat, unsure how to really talk with the others without using her telepathy again. She simply started to eat again, waiting for the teachers to explain the rules and get the announcements over with. She glanced up at Arrow and gave him a small smile. She wished she could tell him her name. He seemed like an okay guy, not as suspicious as cat girl at least.

Seeing the redhead smile at his stumble only made Arrow blush harder. The sound of one of the teachers speaking, trying to get everyone's attention so the announcements could start, made Arrow jump. The girl's smile was just so enrapturing. He wanted to see it more.

He very nearly stumbled again when he was tugged back down into his old seat, very much against his will. Somehow he managed to plant himself in the chair without making an even larger fool of himself.

Last edited:
The Headmaster Lily took the podium. Looking down at her students. All of the were unique and all of them were special. She cleared her throat, calling the ceremony to order. "Before we continue our lovely feast, I'd like to announce a few rules. I know, rules uhg, I get it, but they're very important. Number one, above everything, never ever ever, use your magic to harm another student. That is grounds for automatic expulsion. Secondly, attending classes is compulsory. You cannot just skip your classes because you're lazy. And if I catch you," Lily narrowed her golden eyes, "and I will catch you, you will be given detention."
"Please try to attend all meals. It's a good time to socialize with your fellow classmates and as most of you know, we try to promote a friendly atmosphere. This year, Club sign-ups will start next week on Tuesday. All extra recreational activities will not start until later on Thursday. There is current renovation on the 3rd floor girls dormitories because of last years fire ball incident. I ask that tomorrow, the start of classes, that you are all in uniform. Being seen out of uniform on a school day is against rules and you will be issued a warning and then detention." Headmaster Lily's soft golden eyes scanned the room. Soft golden curls fell past her shoulders and she always smiled when she talked.
"Oh and one more announcement! All Sophomore and Junior students will be taking a field trip to Abslepon Water Park. After last years tallies, both classes tied for skill advancement last year. It will happen over Spring Break and I ask that you plan ahead for this event. Thank you, and welcome to Primrose Academy for the Magical Gifted." Lily finished her speech and sat back down at the head table.

The redhead didn't start feeling happy. Thoughts that did not belong to Amelia streamed into her mind like an uninvited river. It was a little overwhelming at first, but it was exactly the same as when the girl had first entered and promptly fell. Her thoughts were mostly opinions of all the people around her.
She's mute? Then it's convenient that she has this power at all then... Hold on...Miss Blonde? That's almost offensive. But she was right. Amelia's entire mood had shown everyone that she was a pretty negative chick. and she almost laughed when the thoughts turned to Devin, who was apparently a creep.
Amelia cracked a smile. This kid is hilarious.
Until she started freaking out over the visible reactions on her spectators' faces. The words that came next were just like the others. It sounded like the girl was speaking out loud but her mouth didn't move except to frown and bite her lip nervously.
She hit herself and Amelia immediately, almost on reflex, pulled her hand away from her face, he was speechless for a moment and in that moment, another boy approached the table after listening in on the girl's thoughts as well. She used her hands to indicate the she wanted to stay with Amelia and the new boy concerned over her well-being, but the announcements would start soon and the boy looked trust worthy, so she let him lead her away. When she heard her giggle, she knew she made the right decision. Amelia smiled to herself for a second, then a real blonde lady stood at the front podium and everyone shut up to listen to the announcements.
Her light blue eyes glance between Devin and cat girl standing in front of her now. "Now you can sit down and shut up. I'll be outta here after this." She whispered just as the headmistress began to speak.

Amelia didn't like rules. Or the lady giving them. She seemed nearly fake, withe her golden eyes and attempt at blending in with the students by saying 'ugh rules'. Amelia hates when teachers do that. It looks so stupid.
The first rule made "Miss Blonde" visibly tense. What if you hurt people on accident? What if you've already hurt people with your powers? What if you can't help it? What would her parents do with her if she was uncontrollable even at Primrose?
The skipping classes thing went right over Lia's head. Detention didn't scare her. She was still worrying over hurting people. See? This is why she can't let herself make friends.
Ew. Uniforms. That means accessories are the only thing anyone's allowed to use to nonverbally express individuality. Yuck. Good thing Emmy has a ton of beanies to choose from.
Field trip? She wasn't here last year, why should she go? Amelia sighed. She's trapped here. She doesn't want to deal with it anymore. Her dorm room number is on her schedule so now she just has to find her way back there again and find some much needed comfort in her friends. The ones in her books that is.

When the feast continued and the sounds of conversation resumed throughout the room, Amelia lived up to her plan and discreetly made her way to the door she'd entered through, blue schedule in hand.

Arrow was surprised at how casual the headmaster sounded. He'd expected someone much more...forceful. But this woman? It was almost like she was trying to make friends with all the students at once. The idea caught Arrow off guard and put him more at ease. It would be nice to answer to someone so open to others for a change. The principal at his old school had been so cruel to him after the first time his latent magical abilities were triggered.

None of the rules struck Arrow as particularly difficult to follow. They were all pretty standard. Don't hurt other students, don't skip classes, don't skip meals either. No big deal. It was the part about club activities that really caught his attention. He could only wonder what sort of extracurriculars a place like this offered. Taming magical beasts? Sports held miles above the clouds? His imagination briefly ran away from him and he missed the part about the girls' dorms.

The word "uniform" brought him back down to earth. It didn't bother him that much; he was just reminded about Shiro's lecture. Never forget your uniform, and wear it with pride, he'd said. Arrow sighed. Even if it wasn't such a strict rule, he probably would've adhered to the dress code just because he didn't want to go against his creator's wishes. He wasn't sure how to feel about the water park field trip either. He wasn't too confident that Shiro would allow it. He really wanted to go, though. Perhaps the headmaster could help him out there when the field trip drew closer.

With the announcements over, Arrow turned back to Asylsa, flashing a nervous smile. "So, uh," he floundered, trying to start a conversation, "how were you doing that thing earlier? Putting your voice in my head, I mean." He'd never experienced telepathy before.

Asylsa was a bit startled by the question, unsure how to answer. She was still struggling with only talking to certain people through her telepathy. She wanted to explain it to him, but she wasn't sure how. So as she thought, she took another bite of food, thinking on the rules as she tried to come up with some way to tell him how her powers worked without actually using her powers.

An imp tapped Asylsa's shoulder. The red head looked down at the creature and smiled when she saw a pad of paper and a pencil. She nodded her thanks as she quickly took the two things and started to write down her answer. She bit her lip as she wrote down exactly what she wanted to say. After erasing many words and occasionally eating more of her food, Asylsa nodded in satisfaction and handed the notebook to Arrow.

First, my name is Asylsa. It's nice to meet you Arrow! You could 'hear my voice' in your head because I can use telepathy. Normally I don't like to use it though. It tends to freak most people out, and I don't really know how to use it too well yet.

When the redhead jumped slightly at his question, Arrow was briefly terrified that he'd done something wrong, that he shouldn't have asked that question. Was her name really private? Did she think he was weird? Would she--

The imp took Arrow by surprise as well. Seeing the girl brighten up at the sight of the notepad made Arrow smile a little as well. As long as she was happy, he felt happy. As she wrote, her pencil moving hastily and her face indicating deep thought, Arrow watched in deep curiosity. What was she doing?

He didn't hesitate in taking the notepad and reading what she'd written. "Asylsa..." he muttered, testing the way it sounded on his tongue. It was an unusual name, right? He'd never met anyone named Asylsa. It was beautiful, though.

Arrow had only heard stories about telepathy, but he managed to put two and two together there. What he was really curious about was why she was writing things down instead of using her powers. Bluntly, he posed the question to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.