Primrose Academy for the Magically Gifted

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh, uh, sorry, I didn't mean to startle you," Arrow stammered. Dammit, he'd already messed up again. This was going to be normal high school all over again, wasn't it. "I'm Arrow. Nice to meet you too." Alyss seemed a little quieter than Iyella, not to mention Arrow was dying to know more about the ears and tail, so he took a seat next to the neko girl.

"So..." he started, "how'd you get those ears?"

The necklaces were all beautiful, but one in particular caught his eye. "This one." He muttered, and carefully lifted a necklace with a yellow stone up in front of his face. "She'd definitely love this one." The transparent yellow stone shimmered beneath the surface, like a tiny golden ocean trapped inside a random stone.
Aaron reluctantly looked away from the stone and shifted his focus to Thea. "Thank you so much!" His face almost hurt from as widely as he did, but he just couldn't stop. "I'll help you any way I can, just let me know if there's anything at all!"
Aaron wanted to hug the girl. Not only did she seem relaxed around him, she had just given him what would become the perfect gift for his cousin. No stranger had ever been this kind to him.

She smiled as he picked out the yellow one. "That one is lovely." She laughed lightly at his reaction, "No. no it's okay! Consider it a gift." She grins, placing the top back on and stuffing it back into her bag. "I hope she likes it!" Thea grins wider. She pulls at her own necklace again as the Welcoming Feast was called to order. Large plates of food were carried out on lovely silver platters by tiny celestial imps, dressed in flowing white cloths. They were only about two to three feet tall, but beautiful. Blue birds, the schools mascot carried envelopes addressed to each student. Each Blue bird landed in front of the proper student and dropped the nilla colored envelopes in front of them.

Thea grinned and giggled, reaching to pick hers up. She loved the way they delivered schedules at the school. It was truly beautiful. She opened the envelope and pulled out her schedule. Hers was printed on a pale pink sheet of paper, as each schedule was unique, each person got a different color. She couldn't wait to start training Hand to Hand again. She had missed it over the summer holidays. She read through her schedule and set it down, reaching to dig into some macaroni and a little salad. "The food here is delicious!" Thea told Aaron, as she put a fork full of macaroni with stringy gooey cheese into her mouth.

Iyella smiled and sat quietly as she didn't want to disrupt their conversation. So she went back to looking at all the people around her, noticing how there were other people with insteresting inhuman-like features. One with green skin. He must have been orc...or at least an orc hybrid. Although Iyella had never seen anything like that before. She'd also heard from many people how dangerous and mean orcs are but he doesn't seem too bad. It made her question why people have made the race seem like such bad people.
She then turned her attention to the metal-limbed boy and instantly wondered what happened to him. Then she seemed to wonder how she didn't notice him when he first walked in. That's generally something you'd notice.
After she was done looking around she turned back to the other two beside her and quietly listened to their conversation.

The cyborg paused for a minute, obviously surprised by her reaction, as if no one had ever spoken to him like that before. What? Was Amelia wrong to think that there were any ballsy kids at this school to tell him off before her? Maybe people really are different here. Maybe they were like children...but then again, that's all the more reason to protect them. Ignorance is bliss after all.
What surprised her though, was what he said next. He admitted the fact that he was being a jerk instead of retaliating like an idiot. No real douchebag would ever admit to being a douchebag and even if they did, they wouldn't cease their idiotic behavior over one girl's glare. So then it was Amelia's turn to be surprised by his words and in her moment of speechlessness, the yellow eyed teen switched tables with a less than polite dismissal of whatever else she might have said.
How strange...As soon as she had compared the students of Primrose to the students of California Prep, one guy shows up and he turns out to seem different than anyone else she's ever met. She watched him for a second from where she sat almost alone. He looked irritated. She just gazed at him curiously. What kind of thoughts could have prompted him to admit to his unlikable behavior? He was a mystery. Especially because she didn't even know his name. She immediately averted her gaze. She won't know his name because she won't make friends here. Simple as that.
Suddenly, a legion of tiny beautiful people, imps she presumed, arrived with silver platters of food. She was served immediately and Amelia thanked them for their hospitality. Then a small bluebird got all in her face, flapping its little wings wildly to deliver the letter in its miniscule talons. Clumsy little bird. Amelia took its burden, if only to assist the scrawny thing and she opened it as it flew away. Her paper was a light blue and listed all of her classes in order for the upcoming school days. Finally. This is what she had come for. This alone.
But food was nice too. As fancy as everything was, the food wasn't half bad. She usually enjoyed simple things like pizza or PB&J, but the macoroni and fruit salad were delicious. Maybe Amelia could stay just a liiittle longer.

Last edited:
This was a familiar scene. Asylsa was running down the halls, hair in a disarray and mouth moving in what could be curses. She was running late. Again. The poor redhead had a lot of trouble with time, especially when transferring schools. She darted down halls, reaching wrong room after wrong room after wrong room. The girl obviously had trouble with directions also. Finally, the girl found the right door! All she had to do was walk in and find a seat. It wouldn't be too hard, right? Right? Well wrong. As she took her first step into a room, she tripped on nothing, falling as a simple thought slipped out, filling the minds of the inhabitants of the room. "Oh shi-!" BAM!

The girl face-planted on the floor. "Ow, ow, ow...." She slowly stood up, blinking as a few of the people were now trying to find the source of the voice. Others were looking straight at her. This made the poor girl just feel really uncomfortable. She pulled up her mental barrier, not letting any more thoughts escape. She had always had problems with that as a kid. Now it was coming to bite her in the butt. She shuffled her feet, unsure what to do now other than wave awkwardly and hope that they would stop staring.

Alyss looked at the boy, "I was born with them, of course. My father was human and my mother was entirely neko. I never knew my mother." She said quietly. Her face quickly brightened up when she saw the imps bring in food. Alyss immediately dug in, into a piece if chicken. It was seasoned with flavors that she had never tried before. It was delicious. Then a bluebird flew over to her, it seemed as if it was acting cautious of her. She tool the envelope from its claws and immediately opened it up. There was a light yellow schedule sheet. Meditation? Thid would be cool.

Her blood froze when she felt another presence move into the room, it wasn't like the others. This one was... angry? She wasn't sure. She just didn't like it. The neko turned to Iyella. "Who is that other boy?" She asked in a hushed tone. She whirled around to see a girl faceplanting. "Oh no!"

Devin didn't eat. He wasn't hungry. He was just here for the schedule. Then he would go back to his room, and he hoped he wouldn't have a roommate. He didn't want to be buddies with anyone. But why is that girl getting to him so much? He didn't even know her name. Devin let out an irritated sigh.

Not long after the imps brought food, bluebirds brought everyone their schedules. He quickly opened the package and pulled out a white schedule. He grinned, he had Hand to Hand Combat and Defense. This'll be fun.
Eventually, Devin picked up a fork. The food was calling out to him, there was macaroni, this fruit salad, pizza, hamburgers, and more. Being the teenage boy he is, he started out eating the pizza. It was pepperoni.

He chomped through three slices, and then tried the macaroni. It was delicious, it wasn't like the watery macaroni that he was always served at any other school, it had enough cheese. A lot of cheese in fact. He liked it.

Devin did notice the girl faceplanting. If he did, he would have helped her.

"Oh," Arrow said, "I wish I was born with something like that. My, uh, my father told me I have innate magical power, but I dunno. I never did anything on purpose, anyway..." He was about to detail the unusual incident at his old school involving a chemistry lab and a literal out-of-body experience when a loud whump caught his attention. He stopped mid-sentence and spun around to see what had happened, spotting the girl getting up from the floor.

Her groans of pain seemed especially clear to him. It reminded him of the time Shiro had tested a spell of astral projection on him, temporarily possessing him. They'd been linked, as closely as two beings could ever be, and Shiro's voice sounded loud and clear in Arrow's head without the need for physical speech. Was that what was going on now? Nah, couldn't be. Arrow still had control over himself.

"Hey, shouldn't someone be helping her?" Arrow said, staring at the girl with concern in his eyes. The smell of food and the sound of wings flapping hung at the edge of his attention, but for some reason all he could feel was concern for the girl who'd fallen.

A new redhead walked in late and Amelia hardly looked up from her plate until she heard the faceplant. Poor chick, she must be morti--
Oh shi-! Owowowow...
The thoughts popped into her head unwarranted and unfamiliar...in a voice she somehow knew belonged to the late girl. So..a telepath. It was creepy and Amelia didn't like the thoughts that weren't hers invading her mind. Gosh could this school get any worse? It might be better than home but these magical powers are getting on her nerves and it's getting hard to wrap her head around.
But nonetheless, the girl was blushing like mad in the center of the room and for much too long, no one helped her. Oh crap. Now she has to give into her heroic tendencies in front of everyone. They don't know anything. So she decided she won't care.
The white-blonde, blue eyed skater then stood up in the near deafening silence and quickly made her way to the embarrased girl who had no idea what to do with herself. Amelia swiftly grabbed her wrist with no room for protest and pulled her down the isle to plop her down beside her on a silk cushioned seat. Everyone stared. Great.
"What?! Go back to your meals. Yeah that's right, nothing to see here." She spoke loudly so everyone who still watched her looked away. She liked to put on her coarse facade, but it was obvious that Amelia really does care about others.
"You're okay, right kid? No harm done? Don't thank me. It's no problem. If you want, you can sit somewhere else. Maybe with friendlier people...like uh, that cat girl over there." She pointed vaguely in the direction of the neko for the redhead beside her, in case she (hopefully) wanted to leave to join a more social group.
Then her cool gaze went back to her meal and she took a bite of the chicken. Wow..the seasoning, like everything else in the school is freaking unfamiliar and different...but maybe not so bad.

Last edited:
Poor, poor Amelia. She had just signed her life away to eternal friendship with Asylsa. The redhead looked up at the skater girl with almost fearful eyes, shaking her head. She didn't want to leave the girl. Amelia was the only person who approached her so she was going to stick by her whether she liked it or not! Asylsa refused to even look at the food until the blonde told her that she was okay with her staying near her. Sure, the older looking girl was a bit more... rougher around the edges, but wasn't everybody? Plus, she seemed like she would be able to keep up with Asylsa's schemes and help her.

As Asylsa kept her eyes on the junior, she let her thoughts wander, making sure that they stayed within the confines of her mind. She wondered what the girl's hobbies were. Maybe she was a boxer like she was? She could teach her if she wasn't. How old was she? Obviously she was older than her, but was she a senior or a junior? Maybe she was a sophomore and just looked older? Did she prefer pizza or burgers? All of these questions Asylsa wanted to ask Amelia, but couldn't.

The sight of imps bringing out the food wasn't new to Aaron, his 'grandfather' often employed various creatures for their summer feasts.
The bluebirds filling the air, however, made him gaze up in wonder. The air seemed alive to him, he could almost feel every gust of wind started by their wings. When a bird came down to deliver his schedule, he took hold of it and let go of it again when the bird had loosened it's grip. It circled downwards through the air and landed right next to his plate.

Aaron had filled his plate. A few slices of pork, a large baked potato, some salad and just a little bit of macaroni. "Almost like my dad's hunting meal." He said and looked around. He quickly spotted what he had been looking for, hidden behind a fruit bowl. "Just needed a carrot." He smiled as he grabbed one and began eating it. "I'm quite serious though." Aaron said after he finished eating his carrot. "If you need anything at all, you can just ask. Letting me have the necklace for free, and just being so friendly means a lot to me."

Without another word, Alyss got up and darted towards the girl. The girl was talking to the skater girl.. and the one who felt anger. "Are you alright? Are you hurt? I know that the nurse here is excellent. I can take you." Her brown eyes kept looking over to Devin, she was feeling off about him.

She sent waves if serenity and happiness to the girl who'd fallen. She hoped that it would calm her. The neko's tail swished behind her, "If you suddenly start feeling happy, don't worry." She said softly
(This happens after Devin comes over. I'm sorry for the inconvienance. Won't happen again.)

Devin rose an eyebrow. The thoughts of the girl finally reached his mind. He whirled around to look at Amelia and the redhead who walked in. He grinned, standing up, he made his way over to the two. Metal against stone echoed the room. "You both can come sit with me..? Please?" he asked, hoping he looked lonely enough. "I'd love to be friends with you two." He was wanting to know why that girl got to him.

He held out his left arm, the one made if metal. He wiggled his fingers, "Please? No, wait. Let me introduce myself, I am Devin Maybeth. " he looked at Amelia, "I'm sorry for earlier. I was bbeing a total jerk," he paused then said the next words forcefully. "You.. seemed to change my mind about the kids here."

The other girl looked younger than Devin, and even Amelia. But that thought was disrupted when the neko girl came running over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thea smiled, listing off her schedule in her head, hoping to memorize it. Period 1 - Calculus. Period 2 - Combat. Period 3 - English III. Period 4 - Art. Period 5 - Defense. Period 6 - Astral Projection. She repeated it over and over again in that confines of her own mind, eating little bites of macaroni and fruit salad. She planned on going back to the gym after the feast to touch up on her kicks.

The smiled softly at Aaron. "Its okay really. I don't need anything..." she trailed off thinking about it, "Are you taking Hand to Hand?" she asked taking another tiny bite of fruit salad. She brushed her bangs out of her eyes again. "Because class starts tomorrow and I need a little refresher, but I don't have a training partner." She offers.

Oh no... What had she gotten herself into with this girl? She woudln't talk or even telepathically put thoughts in her head. She looked a little scared and didn't seem to want to leave her side. Oh gosh. It's not like she can say no. She was kinda cute. Like any second she'd pull a pouty puppy dog face and call Amelia her best friend. NO nono!! NO! She DID. NOT. COME here to MAKE FRIENDS!! She has to be clear with herself on that! Ugh. Now what? If the redhead sticks to her like glue, which will be impossible if she's younger and won't have any classes with her, then she'll have made a loyal follower of a child she happened to rescue from embarrassment. Really? This is what she gets for being nice? Wait...what if the girl can still hear her thoughts? What an invasion of privacy these powers were! What if someone here has X-ray vision? Or could see through clothes?! How horrible! She was hating this school more every minute.

And then the silver haired cyborg teen came to rub it in her face, metal foot clanging on the stone isle. Oh no. What if she attracts more attention from the students than even he had? Amelia winced. More social interaction. Great.

"You both can come sit with me..? Please?" He asked, trying too hard to look lonely. Bipolar much? Hadn't this guy brushed her off as a nuisance like 5 minutes ago? Why is he trying to get her to sit with him now?! "I'd love to be friends with you two."
WHAT?!
He held out his left arm, the one made if metal, wiggling his fingers an trying to be inviting. Which was weird."Please? No, wait. Let me introduce myself, I am Devin Maybeth. " He looked at Amelia, who looked really ready to block them all out. "I'm sorry for earlier. I was being a total jerk," He paused then said the next words forcefully. "You.. seemed to change my mind about the kids here."
Amelia sat silent for a few moments, unsure of whether his apology was sincere or not. Either way, she wouldn't make friends so... Oh another interruption! WONDERFUL!
"Are you alright? Are you hurt? I know that the nurse here is excellent. I can take you." Her brown eyes kept looking over to Devin, who she seemed uncomfortable with.
The neko's tail swished behind her, "If you suddenly start feeling happy, don't worry." She said softly, speaking to the redhead beside her, who had yet to say a word to anyone. At least out loud. Fer a moment, she had no idea how to respond to everyone at once. So Amelia blocked the cat girl out because she wasn't speaking to her. Instead she looked at the weird 'reformed jerk' trying to make friends.
"Cool. Glad you won't treat them like trash anymore, but Devin, I don't do friends, so if you can convince this little redhead to come with you, be my guest. Just don't bother her too much if she agrees. Oh and also, you are free of your guilt. I forgive you. As long as you don't do it again." Amelia finally replied, pointing her finger like she would to a kid. Which he kind of looked like with his hand out like that and the lonely look he feigned and the way he asked to be friends. Funny how such a 'bad boy' could so quickly ruin his image.
Her cool gaze then flickered to the cat girl asking Redhead about her condition and noticed her power must have to do with emotions based on her last sentence. Oh great another controlling and manipulative power. This Primrose thing just got a whole lot harder.

Asylsa deflated when Amelia tried to pawn her off on 'Devin'. He just made her want to hide more. And what was with this whole kid thing? She was only a year or two younger than them, dang it! She was not a kid! However, she was sure that this was probably how they were going to treat her for the rest of the year. Typical. Just plain typical. She looked up as a bluebird handed her her schedule and took a bite to eat, looking it over. Maybe she could ask about their schedules? Maybe see if they had any similar classes? Unlikely, but she could hope.

"First how am I going to tell them I'm mute. Can't really tell them... don't have a pen... I could try using gestures... but those always get misinterpreted. Can't use my telepathy again. Miss Blonde obviously doesn't like powers. Or me. Or this school really. Neko girl is starting to make me suspicious with her whole helpfulness and 'Devin' looks like a creep. Make a note to stay away from him." As the redhead thought, the three around her could hear every little detail. Unbeknownst to the neko and Asylsa, when the cat girl had sent her the happy feelings she had lowered the only mental barrier that Asylsa had to keep her thoughts from the minds of those around her. "Wonder if we have any classes together... That would be cool! Show them how I'm not a god da-"

When Asylsa looked up, she saw the different expressions of her acquaintances and quickly took a nervous gulp. "They can hear me, can't they? Of course they can hear me! Why can they hear me? I put up that barrier for a reason! Now they all probably hate me! Crap!" She hit her head lightly, wincing when she accidently hit a bruise. The poor girl tried to shut out any and all thoughts, her mind not wanting to cooperate.

Arrow winced slightly when the one who finally got up and helped the fallen girl was especially brash. He wanted nothing to do with her the second she opened her mouth. And then another guy, one who was much more handsome than him, started talking to her. Drat. Ah well, Shiro had told him not to get too involved with the other students anyway...

For now, Arrow turned his attention to the table in front of him. He was amazed to see the food that had been laid out for him, not to mention the envelope that was waiting on the table. A quick look around revealed the imps and birds still making their way around the Grand Hall. Ah, that explained it...sort of. Arrow had never seen anything like that, but he supposed it had to be normal at this school.

Well, food is food. He helped himself to some chicken with gravy and at least one of every fruit he could reach. He was used to a diet of mostly fruit, since Shiro kept an immaculate garden of all kinds of edible things just behind his cottage. The normalcy was a little comforting, he had to admit. While munching on an apple, he pulled his schedule out of the envelope.

Period 1: Algebra II
Period 2: Hand-to-Hand Combat
Period 3: English II
Period 4: Potions
Period 5: Meditation
Period 6: Astral Projection

Well, it was what he'd expected, at least. He wished his potions class was earlier in the day, but it would have to do. He stuffed the schedule in his knapsack for later reference and went back to his food.

It was then that the girl's voice sounded in his head again. She sounded troubled...and the handsome guy was ticking her off. For some reason that relieved Arrow greatly. The little burst of confidence he got pushed him to stand up and walk over to the crowd. "Hey," he said to Asylsa, ignoring the others surrounding her. "Are you okay? Do you want to come eat with me? We can go to the corner of the hall, there isn't anyone over there."

Kano grabbed his envelope, and looked inside. It was this years schedule.

Period 1: Audiokinesis
Period 2: Pre Calculus
Period 3: English 3 Honors
Period 4: Art
Period 5: Meditation
Period 6: How to Control Your Specialty
He knocked down his spoon, and let out an exaggerated sigh. No one could hear it though. After finally reaching it, he lifted his head up too soon. His head smacked against the table, and all the silverware clattered, yet the thump indicating the table being hit was strangely absent. Then he noticed something. Something that shouldn't be there.

"What the Hell?..." Kano was legitimately confused. How come he heard someones voice?... He created a dead space. No sound could enter or escape.

Where is that voice coming from? I shouldn't be able to hear anything at all!

Kano looked around, swiveling in his seat, having no sound at all, made this voice all the more prominent, so he was most likely to hear it at all.

Aaron smirked. "My dad's side of the family would probably be happy if I did, but I don't have combat." He pointed a finger at his right shoulder. "Doesn't mean I can't wrestle down an angry wolf, though." The smile of his face faded, and his eyes sought downwards. "I don't like fighting people, even hunting potentially dangerous animals gets to me sometimes... But practicing doesn't hurt anyone." Aaron looked back up. He still didn't quite smile, but his expression had lightened considerably. "And if you call it self-defense instead, I just might accept."

Aaron had opened his envelope while talking, and quickly read it twice.
Period 1: Algebra - Period 2: Extra assignments; English, Algebra - Period 3: English II - Period 4: Art - Period 5: Defense - Period 6: Aero Kinesis

He had expected to get extra hours for math and english, but them being in the middle of both classes annoyed him. At least they had let him take them at a lower level. It was times like this that Aaron wished he had been attending regular school.

Asylsa was starting to feel more than a bit overwhelmed. Too many people were approaching her. She hadn't attracted this much positive attention in a long time. She felt like melting, trying to hide from all of the different people, especially the cute boy. Cute boys always hated her eventually. It was amazing he was asking her if she was alright. She pinched herself hard enough that it shocked her mind enough to go on high alert. No more of her thoughts went through to the others as she stared down at her plate, unsure of what to do.

On one hand, she wanted to go with the boy and tell the neko she was fine. The boy seemed to be okay at the very least. If it turned out that he started to hate her then he started to hate her. That was how life went. On the other hand, she wanted to learn more about Miss Blonde. She looked like she needed a friend, someone to cheer her up since she seemed like something really bad happened to her before this. She wanted both to go with her, but she wasn't sure if they would like each other. Then there were the creepy guy and the neko. If she could get them to go back to their seats she would feel a lot better.

As the redhead thought, she ended up reaching out a hand to each of the two she wanted to be around, one hand hesitantly reaching for the Blonde while the other was held out to the cute boy. Going to a corner with these two would make her feel so much more comfortable.

Iyella continuously glanced over towards where the girl just entered, or fallen rather, into the room. She had a concerned look on her face as she chowed down on the food in front of her. It seemed like she was alright. plus there were other people who had beaten her to her. But that's alright, perhaps she can speak to her later. Besides, Iyella was starving! Which explained why she was devouring her food so quickly. But out of the corner of her eye she noticed an envelope next to her plate. How she didn't notice it before, she wasn't sure. She set her fork down onto her plate and picked up the envelope, opening it up and taking the paper out to see her schedule, which brought a smile to her face.
Period 1: Algebra
Period 2: Potions
Period 3: English II
Period 4: Art
Period 5: Defense
Period 6: Natural Magics
Iyella couldn't have thought of a better schedule. Then again, She did have the perfect classes, in her opinion at least. She folded the sheet of paper and stuffed it in her pocket for safe keeping then dug in once more.

Status
Not open for further replies.