Primrose Academy for the Magically Gifted

Status
Not open for further replies.
As she stared at the gorgeous plates and silverware that ran perfectly placed down the long table, she heard a voice beside her and someone sit down, which pulled her from her thoughts. Her smile grew wider as she listened to the question then turned towards the one beside her. She was a bit taken aback at first when her eyes set on her. She wasn't exactly expecting a half-cat girl to be sitting in that spot. Her eyes scanned the others ears, then her face, before her grin went wide. If she'd ever seen something cuter than this she wouldn't remember it.
She nodded excitedly in response to the other girls question. "Yeah, it's stunning! I honestly wasn't expecting this nice of a welcome." She exclaimed, not just happy in general, like she usually was, but happy that someone had come over to talk to her and have a conversation, just like she hoped and knew someone would. She would have to thank her for that later. Not only her being her first conversation here at the school but, hopefully, her first friend too.

The Art of Bonsai...Encyclopedia of Dangerous Weeds...Arrow ran his fingers along the spines of the books. He always had some interest in gardening. Some of the flowers he'd seen Shiro bring back for his alchemy sessions were simply beautiful. Arrow wondered just how many kinds of flowers there were, and how many he'd be able to grow. Maybe he should've taken a class in Natural Magicks instead.

As he pondered his class schedule, Arrow idly glanced to the side, and panic shot through him when he realized the girl he was following had run off. He very nearly bumped into the more tomboyish looking woman as he bolted into the hallway. He caught glimpses of Thea as she rounded corners, and thankfully, he was able to get to the Grand Hall without any more mishaps.

Arrow came to a screeching halt as he approached the entrance. He'd never seen so many colors in one place. All the decorations were more than enough to take his breath away. Was that real gold? This was insane. In the two years Arrow had existed, he'd lived a life of modesty. Shiro was highly conservative and chose to rely on magic instead of technology whenever possible. Compared to the surroundings Arrow was used to, the Grand Hall was downright gorgeous.

After standing in the entrance for a good minute or two, gawking at the decorations, Arrow chastised himself for nearly being late and scanned the tables. So many people already talking...they were all already making friends. Arrow was nervous about the idea of approaching another stranger, especially in such a social situation, and elected to take a seat at the sixth table, at the far corner where he could be alone for the time being.

Alyss felt a disturbance in the cheerfulness. It wasn't the boy whom had walked in, but the girl after. There was also another boy who walked in, he took a seat at the end of the table the two girls sat at. Her smile widened, he was nervous, she would attempt to fix that soon. Alyss nodded to the girl, "I love all the colors. It reminds me of the flowers in spring." She held out her hand to the girl. "My name is Alyss, and as you've noticed, " she glanced upwards, then down to her tail, "I'm half neko, half human." She added.

Alyss began to desperately want to make the boy not nervous. So she turned her head towards him, "Hey, you. Why don't you come over here? Don't be by yourself." She began to send out the emotion of serenity, hoping her power could calm him.

She looked back at the girl. "I hope you don't mind if he comes over. I don't want him to feel nervous." the neko told her. Alyss' tail began to flick back and forth behind her. She wanted to make a friend or two at the feast, she was determined to do so.

She smiled, looking up at the other boy. "No. It's usually pretty plain. Though, the flowers are up all year. They change colors with the season." She states closing her book. She studies him and tilts her head, "Hi. I'm Thea." She stuck her hand out across the table smiling. she recognized this boy from the library. She had walked past him on her way to get the spell books.

She watches two people walk in, one looking nervous, the other just down- right bored... She watched as the boy sat down at the end of the table and smiled slightly before turning back to Alyss as she spoke, and nodded to her comment but before she got to respond, Alyss had called the boy from across the table over, which made her smile a bit wider. She would have loved to talk to him, but because he had seemed so nervous, she wouldn't want to make him uncomfortable. But she supposed that now he was called over, she could talk to him like she wanted.
"Oh no, of course I don't mind! I was hoping to be able to become friends with him too!" She smiled before she continued "Oh! And I'm Iyella, by the way. It's nice to meet you, Alyss! And yes, I have noticed your hybrid-ness. I feel like it's important to say, and I'm sorry if this sounds weird but, those those ears are pretty cute. Just saying." She laughed and looked down the table at the boy again.

Arrow looked up from his hands resting on the table when he heard someone call him. It seemed like the upbeat atmosphere was putting him a little more at ease, but he still felt hesitant to answer the call. That is, until he noticed that one of the girls looking right at him had feline features.

His curiosity immediately piqued, Arrow decided he didn't have much to lose by simply chatting a little before the welcoming ceremony started. He tightened his grip on his knapsack and walked over to where Alyss and Iyella were sitting. "Hey," he said, not sure where to go from there.

Aaron felt a little weird when Thea looked at him with, what seemed like, actual interest. He was used to people trying to ignore his looks or react negatively to it, so he couldn't help returning the gesture. "My name's Aaron," He said, took her hand and softly shook it. "It's nice to meet you. People are rarely this forthcoming when they notice, well, me." He sighed and shook his head lightly, then he smiled. "What colors do the winter flowers have? My gra- my tutor had a habit of sprouting blue and red flowers during the winters."

Thea smiled pulling her hand back to stuff her book back into her back. She leaned on her elbows and looked up at the flowers, "Blue and red are beautiful colors. The ones here turn snowy white, and the ribbons turn to a light oak brown. Like the trees when they're covered in snow. And in the fall they all turn different shades of orange and brown and red and yellow. If you're in the hall at just the right time, you can watch them turn." Thea grinned brushing back her blue bangs. She looked down, "Sorry. I uh, I guess I talk a lot."

Thea played with the pearl in the middle of her necklace, her head rising, to look at the pastel colored flowers and the light ribbons.

"To think white flowers and brown ribbons would be used to decorate during the winter. I thought the people of the renowned Primrose Academy would be more imaginative." He grinned, and glanced up at the flowers. "I really don't mind that you talk a lot, it's actually quite nice. I'm used to strangers not wanting to talk with me, so I honestly appreciate you speaking so freely."
After looking at Thea playing with her necklace for a couple of seconds, Aaron decided to ask. "It's a nice necklace, where'd you get it?"

A blush dotted the neko's cheeks. "Thank you, Iyella. No. It's not weird at all." She said with a small smile. She brushed her beach blonde hair out of her face and looked at Iyella, her brown eyes full of interest. "What's your favorite hobby? Favorite color? Where are you fro- eeep!" she yelped, she knew the boy was coming over, but he had startled her. The blush on her cheeks deepened as she turned to look at Arrow.

"Hey! Nice to meet you! Sorry I sort of yelpes there. You startled me. It's alright!" She said all very quickly. She suddenly realized that she was smaller than Iyella and the boy, definitely smaller. Alyss had always been small, all her life she has been 5'3". Her ears flattened, not like how other cats ears would be when they became hostile, it was because she had gotten embarrassed.

"I'm Alyss Rohan. Nice to meet you." She said a bit slower, giving a sheepish smile to the others. She let her tail curl around her waist once again, she was sure the feast wwould begin soon. If it was a feast, they should have food, wouldn't they? If so.. she was definitely in to getting something that involved meat. Like beef, chicken, or pork. Her stomach rumbled at the thought.

Thea smiled, "Yeah well, we can be a little straight forward here too." she laughed softly. "Huh. I can't imagine why people wouldn't talk to you.." she pondered. She smiled when he asked about her necklace. "It was my great-grandmothers. She wore it everywhere. She said it brought her luck, so when she passed it went to me." Thea thought about the necklace a lot. How her Nana could've thought that a little pearl wrapped in silver could've brought her luck, but that didn't matter. Thea didn't wear for luck, she really just wore it for memory. So she would never forget everything her nana had done in her life. Nana Tulip was the reason Thea had always wanted to go to Primrose. Tulip had gone to Primrose when she was young and had always told Thea stories about how lovely and magical the halls and the other students were.

She looked up at the boy and smiled sightly, letting out a quiet laugh at the startled and blushing Alyss. She made sure to take note of the questions the neko had asked her and remembered to answer them later.
"And I'm Iyella. Iyella Luna! Nice to meet you!" She smiled widely at him and waited for a response.
She knew the feast would be beginning any minute now, but she had also guessed they would have time to socialize and make friends after said ceremony, so if she didn't get enough time to talk to these two, and others in the room then she would certainly have more time later.

Chatter, all around. Well sort of. There was supposed to be but with his headphones on, he heard nothing. Kano, was right outside the Great Hall. He walked in, without making any glances at anyone, and sat down, setting down the guitar beside him. He began eating. he never noticed the blue-haired girl or the green skinned boy either. Soon he looked up from his plate and noticed them both. He took a quick glance at them both, then looked back down at his plate. He didn't intend to speak. In fact, he created a "dead space" around himself so no sound could reach him, as his music continued to play.. It would take contact to get his attention now.

(I'm going to wait for Arrow until posting for Alyss)

Devin walked into the Great Hall. His arms were crossed and his head was held low, he was watching his feet as he walked. Darkness followed him, everywhere he went. It was as if all the shadows in the room were attracted to him.

As he walked, the sound of metal against the tile echoed the room. His entire left arm, and his entire right leg was made of metal, it was hard not to keep quiet. But eventually he walked over to a table and sat across from a girl who looked utterly bored. A smug grin crossed his features, if another person was bored this would most likely be as boring as he thought it would be.

Devin brushed his white hair from his eyes and directed his attention to the bored girl. "Do you know when this'll start? I hoped I would be fashionably late, but it seems I'm not." he asked her. The cyborg leaned back in his seat, the hall looked absolutely terrifying. Colors. Colors, everywhere. Pastel colors, Devin would have preferred darker colors. And don't forget the flowers that were located throughout the room. He didn't like them at all. He preferred them to be dead flowers instead, that would be interesting to see how some of these people would react to everything seeming like death. He should know how death was, after all, he had died and came back.

This is taking too long...
Amelia just wanted to get her schedule and retreat to her dorm already. Hopefully her roommate wouldn't be too keen on making friends. Also, she really hoped she would end up being a really deep sleeper in case Amelia has a few particularly vivid nightmares.

She didn't pay much attention to the people around her even though it was strange to see that some didn't look like regular humans as she did. Amelia had to keep reminding herself that this isn't a dream and every one of these teenagers harbor some sort of magic. it was sort of intimidating to be honest..
Finally, something caught her eye among the annoyingly bright colors of the Great Hall. A tall guy with white hair and striking yellow eyes walked with an air of confidence and the clang of metal against the stone floor. The thing that caught Amelia's attention though was not only his handsome features, but the way that any bit of darkness in the room seemed to bend his way like plants toward sunlight. She could see his disapproval of their surroundings plain on his pale face as he came to sit across from her. Oh no...social interaction.
Amelia sighed and moved her hand from her face to stare at the cyborg teen with bored, half lidded eyes.
"I don't know, but I hope it's soon. I guess they thought they'd keep us distracted with shiny stuff while we wait." She sighed, pointing out her disinterest for the fancy room sarcastically. Her gaze wandered again, figuring it was the end of that conversation. At least she hoped it was.

Aaron sighed. "Where I'm from orcs have a bad reputation. People think they're a savage and dangerous people. It doesn't help that I'm tall, muscular, and got this." he pulled the side of his open shirt down over his shoulder, revealing four long and wide scars. "I got it while hunting wolves that were straying too close to town. It doesn't help having scars like this when you're trying to convince people you're not dangerous."
Aaron corrected his shirt, and ran his hand over it where the scars were.
"anyways, I was hoping you could tell me where to get a necklace like that. My cousin is turning ten later this year, and I wanted to get her something special." Aaron smiled. "She and I may be from completely different worlds, but we're pretty close despite that. When we have a family get-together, she's the only one who'd rather leave the family disagreements behind and come read books with me." He looked calm and happy.
His cousin Viola was like a far away little sister. A far away little sister that wasn't green at all, and whose bones weren't thick and heavy. He used to envy her when she was just a toddler, but as she grew up and started to admire her green cousin, he started to like her instead.

Devin made himself comfortable, he leaned back even further in his chair and propped both of his legs onto the table, keeping them out of the girl's face only because he was speaking to her. "I see. Shiny things, eh? If I'm correct, your speaking as if almost all the others in the room are 5 year olds? I'd say your correct. But of course I am not a child." He was staring at the other now, to think about it, she was actually quite cute. Ew, I'd have never thought I would think that.

He looked away, and instead, looked at all the others who were in the room. A elf with light blue hair, a boy with light green skin.. a neko? And two others that seemed completely normal. They disgusted him. Even though he did care for some, these people disgusted him. They acted as if nothing in the world was wrong. Everything was lollipops and unicorns. Devin sighed, they were children. Just a lot of children.

He was now purposely making the area around them darker and darker, he drew out every shadow from every niche and crevice in the room. He did this because he enjoyed the dark, and also that he wanted to freak everyone out. He was still smiling, smiling his devious smile. "Oh no. Look at that, darkness has fallen. Too bad."

The boy across from her propped his feet up on the expensive looking table. Amelia raised an eyebrow at his following remark. She hadn't exactly been insinuating that absolutely everyone was childish just because they enjoyed socializing, but sometimes it looked that way. If she looked past all the strange appearances, she could almost picture this being a cafeteria at her old ordinary high school. I mean they were all here. The jocks, the cute friendly ones, the oddballs, the geeks and the guy who puts on a bad boy attitude to show off. Which is exactly what he did next.

His remark about the darkness he was obviously manipulating irritated Amelia and she glared at him across the table. Her icy irises froze further as he smirked. He's So arrogant. "You're not a child, huh? Then why are you trying to gather attention with your annoying parlor trick? You can't be patient for one minute and avoid antagonizing the others without throwing your little tantrum? Cut it out." She snapped, angry with the way he treated others when they hadn't done anything to him. Who knows? Some of these kids might be afraid of the dark and he's just showing off his perfectly controlled magic as if he's so much better than everyone else. It made her sick. She couldn't pull her earth magic together and he could so easily darken a room like it was nothing. She narrowed her eyes to slits thanks to her quick temper.

Thea smiles, "Well where I'm from, everyone is an equal. Orcs are no different from tiny forest imps, or elven. But I am from a tiny village. I guess it is different in other places. And scars do not mean anything, they are wounds from the past, that show what's happened." She smiles. She listened intently as he talks about his cousin, love obviously in his eyes as he spoke.
"Actually, before my nana died, she taught me, how to make them. I don't know if you want them, but.." she pulled out a medium sized box and slipped off the lid revealing ten necklaces all of the having different stones that flicker with different colors. "I uh, I enchanted ll of the myself. They all flicker the colors they represent in the earth. They're all unique I guess. It took a long time to learn how to enchant them to flicker the right color but after that, all the wire work and stuff was easy. Here," she placed the box in front of him. "You can have whichever one you want. A-and they aren't enchanted to do anything but flicker I promise!" she quickly says hoping she didn't put anything with bad intent on those necklaces.

"Also, if she doesn't like necklaces, there are also bracelets and anklets but those aren't all finished yet." But if you want, I can make a special one, if there isn't a color she likes." Thea spoke quickly. She didn't like to upset people and only wanted to make people happy. She smacked a smile back onto her face and brushed her bangs out of her eyes.

Devin was speechless for once, that wasn't what he was trying to do. But no one had ever spoke to him like that. They were always afraid of him. The cyborg took his feet off the table and sighed. "Oh, well. You caught me. I'm just a jerk. A douchebag, a twat, an idiot, whatever you want to call me," he paused, letting up the dark. He'd normally never do this. But he felt like he had too. "Yeah, whatever. See you." He stood up, and moved over to the second table. He sat alone. His yellow eyes were a shade darker, he was angry, upset, and annoyed all at once. Though he never did darken the room again.
Devin ran a hand through his white hair, then sighed. Why would he let a girl get to him so much? Whatever the reason was for it, he hated it.

He tugged at the chain around his neck, he had found it around his neck when the wizard brought him back. He didn't know why he kept it, he just did. The cyborg stared ahead of him with a blank expression. He sat away from the table the girl was at. He didn't want to hear what she had to say.. he refused to hear. Now all he wanted was for the feast to start so he could go back to his dorm and let out Ken from the cage.

Status
Not open for further replies.