Pregnancy

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Legens Legentis

"Yes...I think it did." Sarah told him, and got out of the car taking his hand after unbuckling. She left her things on the seat, figuring no one would try to steal a few books. The woman looked over at him with a smile and slowly walked towards the diner. She did remember this diner now...It was the place that had held her favorite meal for a long time, mac and cheese...till she turned 14 at least. But that didn't really matter. She looked over at Antonio. "So...What do you do for a living? You look pretty rich for someone at this age." She asked him, giving him a curious look. He could afford a nice car...nice clothes, that he apparently wore casually and God...she didn't even want to know how big his house was if those were to say anything.

Emily finished her food as well and laughed, "That's good, I always get excited thinking about things like this" She said and finished off her juice as well. She couldn't wait until she was able to be on stage and have her child and Joseph come and see her. She had also been thinking about getting into modeling again, since she had done some of it in high school but she hadn't brought it up to Joseph just yet. She couldn't wait to get her degree so that she could start trying to find jobs on the stage.

@MST3K 4ever

Laurel grinned at Rick's endearing reprimand to their child. It was true that they had taken a long time to figure out those names, and plenty of trouble, no thanks to her messing with Laurel's hormones. But it was worth it and now that they were down to the final four, either one seemed just as great as the next. Though his switching voices were comical, she loved when he planted a sweet kiss on the baby. There really was a person in there and he was really talking to their daughter. telling her he loved her... It really is amazing. A miracle. Which is why she was trying so hard not to mess it up.

But now's not the time to worry. She kept smiling at her Rick between bites of her eggs and sips of her juice and milk. She adores forehead kisses, and well..any kiss from Rick. Though she had heard it countless times, it was still nice to hear that her breakfast was satisfying to her husband. She hoped that he never changed. He was her rock, her stable, sane half. No matter what their newborn would put them through, she wouldn't let it get between her and Rick. They would love and cherish every good moment and endure every bad. That's what marriage and parenthood is about. She just has trouble remembering it on her worst days of this pregnancy so far.

Today though, they would do as Rick said and enjoy their time together. She smiled and nodded before finishing up breakfast with him in a satisfied quiet. She loved little moments like this. It was a beautiful morning and everything seemed a little more optimistic. Once Laurel had her fill for both mother and daughter, she was about to stand to clean up, but Rick spoke up again and she granted him all eyes and ears (though she couldn't be sure about the tiny ones growing inside her). His question both surprised and warmed her. She had thought about that too, but didn't want to bring it up in case he wanted to put give her a middle name unrelated to their families. They had plenty of time to think about it, s she hadn't brought it up. She didn't expect him to ask that, but it brought a tiny smile to the corners of her lips.
"...Really?" She knew form her father's stories that he mother had been a wonderful soul and chose her daughter's life over her own, but it had been kind of lonely to grow up with this ghost memory of a mother she never got to meet. It would be a nice chance for her mom to live on through her child. "(First Name) Grace Burnett..." She mumbled wistfully, but she didn't want to seem to eager to make a big decision like that. "but..are you sure? Doesn't your mom want any representation there?" She wondered, moving her gaze to her abdomen, where she'd created a habit of rubbing and caressing the baby.
@Ravenbelle

Rick had a thought about that. Would his mother feel a bit slighted by having Lauren's mom as a part of the baby's life? Rick thought about for a whole two seconds as he looked back to Laurel and shook his head slowly.

He said, "My mom would be the first to understand in a situation like this. You see..." Rick stood up and put his plate in the sink and prepared to do the dishes. Rick continued, "My mom will have many different ways to be involved in the life of our child. Visits, gifts, phone calls, things of that nature. Your mom though to our daughter is just going to be in pictures, and in stories. So I feel that there should be a more tangible connection for your mom. To be honest I had considered suggesting we name her after your mom, but I had second thoughts on that. Mainly because she would have to live to a name that wasn't truly hers. Our daughter is going to be connected with two caring, loving, and very blessed backgrounds. She should have the chance to have a name of her own and make it her own."

Rick put the pans in the dishwater and his plate. Seeing Laurel was done he also put her dishes in the sink and then sat back down right next to her and took her hand. He gave it a gentle squeeze and then slowly turned his gaze back to Laurel and stroked her hair as he said, "Laurel this is a journey you are not alone on. I am with you all the way. No matter what. I promise you that."

Just then Rick's phone buzzed and he picked it up. He saw it was an e-mail and said, "It's from Sylvia." Rick opened the e-mail and read over it. Once he was done, unlike last night, Rick smiled.

Rick put the phone down and said, "Sylvia said four points. One she apologized for last night's critique. She said she had gone 15 rounds with her mechanic earlier in the day. Two, she gave me a couple more suggestions that make things a little easier. Three, I am not to submit anything to her until Wednesday that she wants me to walk away for a few days and let things simmer down. Lastly, she said if I don't spend the day with you and taking care of you Sylvia said she's on the first plane out here, and will kick my butt."

Rick nodded and said, "Okay far be it for me to disobey Sylvia."

Rick was on a certain level just as worried as Laurel, but he knew that Laurel needed a safe port. Someone she could turn to when things felt like they were getting out of control or overwhelming. She was far away from her dad and any other relatives, so Rick really was all that Laurel had. Rick was going to do whatever he had to do to reassure Laurel. He moved his hand down to her abdomen and said, "Hey you in there say you take it easy on your mom for a little while, okay? She's really something special. Trust me little girl you have a wonderful mother."

Rick kissed Laurel once more and when he was done he said, "Okay peaches. You go get ready I'll take care of the dishes, and when I'm done I'll be there to get ready."

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ravenbelle
@MiraiNikki021209

"Look, I care about--"Finnegan started to argue but he cut himself off. He didn't need to justify anything and doing so would put himself in an awkward situation that he most likely would not be able to get out of. Why couldn't she just understand his reason? It was all fine and dandy that she didn't mind centering her life around kids and giving up on a normal life and her hopes and dreams but he did not want to do that! He did not want to settle for a mediocre life and give up his dreams for two accidents!

Digging through his pockets, Finnegan pulled out a crumpled piece of paper that he smoothed out on a nearby table and quickly jotted down a few key foods. Salmon, broccoli, walnuts, blueberries, Greek yogurt, and a bunch of other healthy foods. He handed the note to her and quickly left the restaurant. Stopping by the trash, Finn dropped his greasy bag of now cold jalapeno poppers in the trash. They were absolutely disgusting when cold.

Getting into his jeep, Finnegan stared at the dashboard blankly, trying to figure out what he wanted to do. He could go home and study for his upcoming exams or he could go for a jog and blow off some steam. He just couldn't figure out why he was so upset. Why could things have just gone the way he had planned?

He nodded in understanding. Joseph thought of the future a lot, and tended to do so when he had nothing to do, and wasn't sure why. It wasn't necessarily a bad thing, but it did lead to more worrying, which he already did a lot of unconsciously. He believed in Murphy's law, and that really didn't make things any better. Once he realized that Emily has also finished, he called for the waitress to get their bill. Once she arrived with said bill, he took out his wallet and took out the money that was needed, with a little bit of extra for the tip. "You ready to head out?" He said, gesturing to the car.

@Akumulosis

Antonio opened the door to the diner as Sarah started to speak. He replied, still keeping the door open for her, "Um... well, I'm a defense attorney. I work at the law firm downtown," Antonio smiled from Sarah's compliment about his income. "But I never really have much to spend money on these days." he paused momentarily. He never exactly thought about how much money he got. Antonio managed to scratch up a decent $163,320 annually, and he was wise to be careful with spending. Even now he never thought about how much other people earned from their labors. Antonio looked through the glass door inside the diner, happily noticing the total lack of a waiting line. Once more the scent of baked goods reached the attorney's nose. It was practically a sin that he didn't choose to visit this place sooner. "I'm sure you have more interesting things to talk about than I do. Can I ask what you do for a living?"

When she got in the car and got buckled in, he shifted the car into drive and rolled out of the garage into the driveway and out into the street, he took her hand with his free hand and held it while he drove, looking out into the open area. A small smile on his face as they drove into the town towards the ice cream shop, the ice cream there was the best in town. He could never find any better soft serve than the one in town. Looking at the time and then back at the road he spoke aloud " Did we have something else to do today? Or am I crazy? I feel like I'm forgetting something. " he pondered the question as they got closer and closer to the ice cream shop. Which they eventually pulled into. He got out the car and walked around opening the door for her. Taking her by the hand as she would to get out the car. The small breeze rushing over his shoulder ruffled his hoodie and pushed it up against his back. She looked so gorgeous everyday, every time they went out she dressed up so nice. " you look gorgeous hun, were'd you get that dress" he looked at his surroundings before closing the door and locking the car. @Minamoto Thunder

@Legens Legentis

Sarah listened quietly. So he was a defense attorney? He must be a pretty good one if he gets that much money. She only thought that, because she had no idea whatsoever how that entire system works, as she had never put a lot of thought into that type of stuff. "You may, and don't worry. I would like to hear more of your job later if you don't mind. I work as a librarian for the elementary school. Doesn't exactly pay the most...but it is a nice quiet job to have." The pregnant woman told him, and looked inside of the diner. "Shall we?" She asked, and walked over to the entrance, stepping into the diner though the old-fashioned door. That was another reason she enjoyed this place, because it was what one would think when they thought of a 'diner'. Blue rimming on the building, nice leather booths and some chairs at the counter. It was a nice little place.

@Akumulosis

"A librarian? Excellent! I'm sure it must be great to work at a school." he merrily said to her. The whole warmth and pleasantness of the setting put Antonio into an uplifted mood. He walked with Sarah inside, and they were greeted by a waiter, eager to serve. If it was early enough in the morning, then perhaps they still served breakfast. It would have been easy for Antonio to guess so from the smell of sweets reserved for mornings. Even now he tried to push out the idea that his company was a mother-expecting. Of course Antonio couldn't deny it, but he simply felt the need to distract both of them from the urgency of responsibility. The waiter must have guessed that they were married, and it wasn't hard to see why. Antonio processed everything Sarah told him. He smiled, and walked over to the booth which the waiter assigned to them. For some odd reason the attorney saw another couple only a table across from them. Antonio turned his head to ignore the strangers' conversation, yet he made an odd assumption that the man across from him was named Joseph. It was just an obscure hunch on his mind.

Antonio sat down in a leather booth, its softness reflecting the humble diner altogether. The waiter placed two menus down on the table, told that he would be right back, and left. On the wall to Antonio's right was a gorgeous painting of a sailing ship. It resembled the many paintings he had on his walls back at home. The man chose to let his company's image replace any trouble he knew he would face tomorrow. Antonio had to go back to work once Sunday was over, but the sheer joy of having someone like Sarah spend time with him already made up for the entire week.

When she got in the car and got buckled in, he shifted the car into drive and rolled out of the garage into the driveway and out into the street, he took her hand with his free hand and held it while he drove, looking out into the open area. A small smile on his face as they drove into the town towards the ice cream shop, the ice cream there was the best in town. He could never find any better soft serve than the one in town. Looking at the time and then back at the road he spoke aloud " Did we have something else to do today? Or am I crazy? I feel like I'm forgetting something. " he pondered the question as they got closer and closer to the ice cream shop. Which they eventually pulled into. He got out the car and walked around opening the door for her. Taking her by the hand as she would to get out the car. The small breeze rushing over his shoulder ruffled his hoodie and pushed it up against his back. She looked so gorgeous everyday, every time they went out she dressed up so nice. " you look gorgeous hun, were'd you get that dress" he looked at his surroundings before closing the door and locking the car. @Minamoto Thunder
"I don't think we have anything else to do today. We can always go to the Bookstore. I'm gonna need something to read because I'm taking off from work after next week so I can rest. Don't wanna be bored stuck at home, right?" Later, when he complimented on her appearance, she rested one hand on her belly and wrapped the other around his waist as they walked towards the Ice Cream Shop. "It was a gift from one of my cousins." she replied when he asked on where she got the dress. She slowly rubbed her belly as they got to the front door.

@Legens Legentis

Sarah gave him a small smile. Yes...It was a fun job to work at the school. But it had its ups and downs. She smiled as she sat down across from him. He was being all to kind to her, and she just didn't really know why he was. Its not like he could be trying to have a good bit of contact with her so that they could have some sort of romantic relationship later...no. She was much to unattractive right now for anyone to notice her in that light. She rubbed her belly slightly, feeling a little weight move around inside. It was...amazing, feeling the baby kick and fidget around, knowing that she was carrying a live thing, of her creation inside of her. Sarah looked at the menu...her eyes settled on two things, a nice, chocolate eclair and a mug of hot chocolate. She really did want coffee...but she hadn't had it since she figured out she was pregnant. Someone had told her that it wasn't healthy for the baby. "Are you ready?" She asked in a small voice, looking back up at Antonio.

@Ravenbelle

Rick had a thought about that. Would his mother feel a bit slighted by having Lauren's mom as a part of the baby's life? Rick thought about for a whole two seconds as he looked back to Laurel and shook his head slowly.

He said, "My mom would be the first to understand in a situation like this. You see..." Rick stood up and put his plate in the sink and prepared to do the dishes. Rick continued, "My mom will have many different ways to be involved in the life of our child. Visits, gifts, phone calls, things of that nature. Your mom though to our daughter is just going to be in pictures, and in stories. So I feel that there should be a more tangible connection for your mom. To be honest I had considered suggesting we name her after your mom, but I had second thoughts on that. Mainly because she would have to live to a name that wasn't truly hers. Our daughter is going to be connected with two caring, loving, and very blessed backgrounds. She should have the chance to have a name of her own and make it her own."

Rick put the pans in the dishwater and his plate. Seeing Laurel was done he also put her dishes in the sink and then sat back down right next to her and took her hand. He gave it a gentle squeeze and then slowly turned his gaze back to Laurel and stroked her hair as he said, "Laurel this is a journey you are not alone on. I am with you all the way. No matter what. I promise you that."

Just then Rick's phone buzzed and he picked it up. He saw it was an e-mail and said, "It's from Sylvia." Rick opened the e-mail and read over it. Once he was done, unlike last night, Rick smiled.

Rick put the phone down and said, "Sylvia said four points. One she apologized for last night's critique. She said she had gone 15 rounds with her mechanic earlier in the day. Two, she gave me a couple more suggestions that make things a little easier. Three, I am not to submit anything to her until Wednesday that she wants me to walk away for a few days and let things simmer down. Lastly, she said if I don't spend the day with you and taking care of you Sylvia said she's on the first plane out here, and will kick my butt."

Rick nodded and said, "Okay far be it for me to disobey Sylvia."

Rick was on a certain level just as worried as Laurel, but he knew that Laurel needed a safe port. Someone she could turn to when things felt like they were getting out of control or overwhelming. She was far away from her dad and any other relatives, so Rick really was all that Laurel had. Rick was going to do whatever he had to do to reassure Laurel. He moved his hand down to her abdomen and said, "Hey you in there say you take it easy on your mom for a little while, okay? She's really something special. Trust me little girl you have a wonderful mother."

Rick kissed Laurel once more and when he was done he said, "Okay peaches. You go get ready I'll take care of the dishes, and when I'm done I'll be there to get ready."
@MST3K 4ever

Laurel watched the cogs turn in his head, but it didn't take long for him to seem sure about his mother. Of course he knows her better than she does so she couldn't doubt him when he explained about her most likely reaction. He moved to the sink and from there, he could turn his face to her every so often while washing the dishes for them. She watched him closely and a small, slightly sadder smile came to her lips as he described his mother's role in their daughter's lives. she wondered how her mom would have felt about getting a grand daughter. She hoped that wherever she was, Grace was proud of the daughter she only ever held once. So Laurel greatly appreciated Rick's reasoning for their baby's name. Though she was momentarily surprised to hear that he was going to suggest naming her after her grandmother, she was touched by the thought and the sentiment even if he was right that she deserved a name to make her own.

Laurel nodded wearing a bit of a brighter smile now. While she gave a glance to her womb, Rick came close again to hold her hand and sit beside her. She looked up again to the sweetest dark eyes and a supportive squeeze to her small fingers in his hand. As he brought his other palm to her short hair, she leaned into his touch and closed her eyes for a moment, absorbing it all. She could feel the love and adoration he felt for her with just those simple movements, and the gentleness he seemed to perpetually exude around her. Even his words were soft and gentle, but her heart did not react the same way. It kickstarted in excitement bringing such a joy to her light blue eyes it was almost overwhelming. Her lips trembled, but she was speechless. Nothing adequate came to mind to respond to her husband's perfect declaration.

Luckily, she was saved by the buzz of his phone and he pulled his hands away to check it and inform her of the message and the messenger. The tender moment faded, but she was glad to hear that Sylvia was giving him a bit of a break. Rick needed it. He'd been kinda torn up about Sylvia's critiques yesterday. It'd been a bit of a rough night for the both of them because of his book edits and her bladder making her get up every couple hours or so. However, today they could relax and maybe come home early to rest up. The last bit of Sylvia's latest email made her smile and she nodded with Rick, putting her hand over his when he rested it on their baby.

He made her blush with his request to the child before letting his hand slip away to tip her chin up to kiss her. She kissed him back lovingly and it lingered on her lips when he called her by her nickname. "Okay, love. Can't wait." She pecked him again before standing with his help and heading for the stairs. They were getting to be a bit of a challenge now and when she got to the top without tripping, she hoped it wouldn't be much worse as she got farther along. They don't have an estimated weight for the baby girl yet, but that doesn't matter as long as she comes out healthy.
Laurel used the bathroom, chose a casual day dress and then applied some light makeup along with slight concealer for the dark circles under her eyes starting to appear more prominently. When she had just finished easily brushing her short hair, Laurel headed for the mattress to make the bed as she heard Rick's footsteps up the stairs.

• Love
Reactions: MST3K 4ever
@MST3K 4ever

Laurel watched the cogs turn in his head, but it didn't take long for him to seem sure about his mother. Of course he knows her better than she does so she couldn't doubt him when he explained about her most likely reaction. He moved to the sink and from there, he could turn his face to her every so often while washing the dishes for them. She watched him closely and a small, slightly sadder smile came to her lips as he described his mother's role in their daughter's lives. she wondered how her mom would have felt about getting a grand daughter. She hoped that wherever she was, Grace was proud of the daughter she only ever held once. So Laurel greatly appreciated Rick's reasoning for their baby's name. Though she was momentarily surprised to hear that he was going to suggest naming her after her grandmother, she was touched by the thought and the sentiment even if he was right that she deserved a name to make her own.

Laurel nodded wearing a bit of a brighter smile now. While she gave a glance to her womb, Rick came close again to hold her hand and sit beside her. She looked up again to the sweetest dark eyes and a supportive squeeze to her small fingers in his hand. As he brought his other palm to her short hair, she leaned into his touch and closed her eyes for a moment, absorbing it all. She could feel the love and adoration he felt for her with just those simple movements, and the gentleness he seemed to perpetually exude around her. Even his words were soft and gentle, but her heart did not react the same way. It kickstarted in excitement bringing such a joy to her light blue eyes it was almost overwhelming. Her lips trembled, but she was speechless. Nothing adequate came to mind to respond to her husband's perfect declaration.

Luckily, she was saved by the buzz of his phone and he pulled his hands away to check it and inform her of the message and the messenger. The tender moment faded, but she was glad to hear that Sylvia was giving him a bit of a break. Rick needed it. He'd been kinda torn up about Sylvia's critiques yesterday. It'd been a bit of a rough night for the both of them because of his book edits and her bladder making her get up every couple hours or so. However, today they could relax and maybe come home early to rest up. The last bit of Sylvia's latest email made her smile and she nodded with Rick, putting her hand over his when he rested it on their baby.

He made her blush with his request to the child before letting his hand slip away to tip her chin up to kiss her. She kissed him back lovingly and it lingered on her lips when he called her by her nickname. "Okay, love. Can't wait." She pecked him again before standing with his help and heading for the stairs. They were getting to be a bit of a challenge now and when she got to the top without tripping, she hoped it wouldn't be much worse as she got farther along. They don't have an estimated weight for the baby girl yet, but that doesn't matter as long as she comes out healthy.
Laurel used the bathroom, chose a casual day dress and then applied some light makeup along with slight concealer for the dark circles under her eyes starting to appear more prominently. When she had just finished easily brushing her short hair, Laurel headed for the mattress to make the bed as she heard Rick's footsteps up the stairs.
@Ravenbelle

Rick made his way into the bedroom to Laurel where she was making the bed. There weren't a lot of things that Rick was letting Laurel do by herself. Maybe he was being a bit over-cautious from time to time, but Rick was not willing to take any chances. For the most part Laurel was okay with Rick stepping in, but there were those moments that Laurel was very quick to point out a couple of things to rick. One she was pregnant not crippled, and two women had been having babies since the dawn of time and no one ever got hurt making a bed.

Rick smiled at Laurel as she made the bed and nodded remembering the "discussion" they had on this subject a few days ago. As she was working on it Rick walked up behind Laurel put his arms around her and said, "I am so happy that you're mine," as he moved his hands down to her abdomen he said, "and that you young lady are ours." He kissed the side of Laurel's neck and said, "You are such a wonderful woman Laurel."

As he was doing this Rick felt a sense of calm and peace and he was determined to ride the wave for as long as he could. The reconnecting with Laurel was always a highlight of the weekend for Rick. The stress of dealing with working at "The Dragon's Pit" a lot more than he wanted to be working, worrying about Laurel, and dealing with Sylvia was melting away. Although in the back of his mind Rick guessed that his father called Sylvia, and they probably had a "discussion" much like Laurel and Rick did a few days ago. Sylvia and Allen probably didn't hold onto each other when it was over while professing their love for each other was also Rick's guess.

Rick stepped away into the bathroom where he brushed his teeth and did the other morning rituals. Including shaving which would surprise Laurel because on his days off Rick usually bypassed shaving. He stepped out of the bathroom and said, "I wish it noted that yes I shaved today, and no it's not because I hit my head or something."

He smiled at Laurel and got out his clothes for the day. Which included a pair of blue jeans, his black and blue Nikes, and his favorite "Batman" t-shirt. Rick was somewhat of geek/nerd and if it wasn't for the fact he was 6'2" and built he might've caught a lot of flak from others. The dark gray t-shirt had been Rick's since his freshman year in college, and he was proud he could still fit into it. Though Laurel would give him a head shaking look whenever the subject of him being buried in it was brought up. Rick said, "It's the weekend I don't have to dress to impress I can just be me, and besides this shirt is a classic. I was wearing it the first day I saw you in Miss Jeanette's writing course. So there is the sentimental value…" Rick shrugged his shoulders and said, "Okay yeah I still get a kick out of wearing it."

Rick put on his leather jacket and said, "Ready when you oh one more thing." Rick pulled out his cell phone and showed it to Laurel. He walked over to his night stand and put it in the drawer. He looked at Laurel and said, "I am completely yours today. Anyone really wants to talk to me they can leave a voice mail."

Rick walked back over to Laurel who had finished making the bed and presented his right arm. He said, "It's time for us to depart my dear." As they started to walk away Rick said, "Please just remind me when I start freaking out about where my phone is that it's not lost or stolen."

Last edited:
@Akumulosis

The sight of Sarah holding on to her belly was simply adorable. There was not a single doubt in Antonio's mind that she would make a great mother when the time came. Looking onto the menu for less than 5 seconds, he turned over to the deserts section. The page was covered in pictures and price ranges for something a king would eat. Antonio knew well enough it was healthier to cook food at home, but if this establishment kept up their presentation then he'd be coming back every Sunday. His taste for the typical breakfast foods wavered. A morning snack shouldn't hurt all too much, Antonio thought. Running his fingers through the pages, he directed his gaze towards the menu description of the diner's apple pie. From all the other baked goods in this ethereal diner, it was Antonio's obligation to get himself to try the apple pie. He shifted his head up from the menu as Sarah spoke to him. It was a bit awkward to think that a living thing was residing inside of her. On the other hand the idea seemed poetic, even beautiful. "I'm ready to order, how about you?" asked Antonio.

@Legens Legentis

She could feel his eyes watching her...most likely looking at her belly. She really did wonder why the man had asked her to come...it didn't really make sense to her. She wondered what he thought of it, bringing a pregnant women to a diner for a quick snack. There was many things that she could think of...but the questions were honestly a bit too awkward to ask, even for her. She sighed and put down her menu. She was ready, and knew that he was most likely ready, considering he had just asked her if she was ready. "Yes. I'm ready." She told him with a small smile, and looked over to the waiter who walked over nearly immediately. The vulture had probably been hovering around, waiting for those words. She told him what she had wanted, a small hot chocolate and a chocolate eclair. It wasn't exactly what she had agreed to, but she wanted it so much right now...and it sounded so good...She could tell him she would pay for it if he asked, and do so. She didn't want to make him waste any money on her.

@Akumulosis

Antonio was glad to inform the waiter that he wanted to try the apple pie, along with a cup of coffee. It was a welcome distraction. He felt really uncomfortable, as if though he was disrespecting Sarah. The waiter nodded to them both, wrote down their orders, and was swift in leaving. Her eyes were captivating... it was something he couldn't ignore. There simply had to be a moment where he would casually break out and ask Sarah if she had any romantic plans. Then things would probably go downhill from there. Antonio gulped and spoke to her, now that they had time to actually chat. "Well... now that we have time to talk, I'd like to know more about you. You're such a nice person, after all," he said rather innocently. He never exactly had a committed relationship before. What could be called Antonio's dating life was simply the occasional fling with girls around the law firm. He never tried anything romantic with them, they were just conversation partners at best. Yet something about Sarah was... different. Antonio couldn't quite think it through. Sarah seemed more compassionate and honest, compared to those other girls. After speeding through his thought process, Antonio closed off his mind and took the scenery of the moment back. He wanted to focus on the person across from him, and nothing more.

@Legens Legentis

Sarah smiled. The apple pie here was pretty good, and she was pretty sure he would like it. They somehow always were able to get cinnamon onto each and every apple slice, which sort of amazed her, even though it shouldn't. She wasn't the best cook so that was most likely why it did. She listened to his words, and raised an eyebrow. He didn't really specifically say anything that he wanted to know about her; personality, history etc. So, he would just have to bear through with her as she told him about herself, more along the lines of her recent life. "Well...I don't really know what to say I mean...I guess I can just do it this way. I'm Sarah Bennet...My favorite color is aqua blue, I work as a school librarian because I like seeing the way children slowly learn to read, or get more knowledge." She told him. It wasn't much...but it was a start. If he wanted to know anything else he would have to ask a bit more specifically. Not that she was digging at him for it, it was just sort of a bad question.

@Ravenbelle

Rick made his way into the bedroom to Laurel where she was making the bed. There weren't a lot of things that Rick was letting Laurel do by herself. Maybe he was being a bit over-cautious from time to time, but Rick was not willing to take any chances. For the most part Laurel was okay with Rick stepping in, but there were those moments that Laurel was very quick to point out a couple of things to rick. One she was pregnant not crippled, and two women had been having babies since the dawn of time and no one ever got hurt making a bed.

Rick smiled at Laurel as she made the bed and nodded remembering the "discussion" they had on this subject a few days ago. As she was working on it Rick walked up behind Laurel put his arms around her and said, "I am so happy that you're mine," as he moved his hands down to her abdomen he said, "and that you young lady are ours." He kissed the side of Laurel's neck and said, "You are such a wonderful woman Laurel."

As he was doing this Rick felt a sense of calm and peace and he was determined to ride the wave for as long as he could. The reconnecting with Laurel was always a highlight of the weekend for Rick. The stress of dealing with working at "The Dragon's Pit" a lot more than he wanted to be working, worrying about Laurel, and dealing with Sylvia was melting away. Although in the back of his mind Rick guessed that his father called Sylvia, and they probably had a "discussion" much like Laurel and Rick did a few days ago. Sylvia and Allen probably didn't hold onto each other when it was over while professing their love for each other was also Rick's guess.

Rick stepped away into the bathroom where he brushed his teeth and did the other morning rituals. Including shaving which would surprise Laurel because on his days off Rick usually bypassed shaving. He stepped out of the bathroom and said, "I wish it noted that yes I shaved today, and no it's not because I hit my head or something."

He smiled at Laurel and got out his clothes for the day. Which included a pair of blue jeans, his black and blue Nikes, and his favorite "Batman" t-shirt. Rick was somewhat of geek/nerd and if it wasn't for the fact he was 6'2" and built he might've caught a lot of flak from others. The dark gray t-shirt had been Rick's since his freshman year in college, and he was proud he could still fit into it. Though Laurel would give him a head shaking look whenever the subject of him being buried in it was brought up. Rick said, "It's the weekend I don't have to dress to impress I can just be me, and besides this shirt is a classic. I was wearing it the first day I saw you in Miss Jeanette's writing course. So there is the sentimental value…" Rick shrugged his shoulders and said, "Okay yeah I still get a kick out of wearing it."

Rick put on his leather jacket and said, "Ready when you oh one more thing." Rick pulled out his cell phone and showed it to Laurel. He walked over to his night stand and put it in the drawer. He looked at Laurel and said, "I am completely yours today. Anyone really wants to talk to me they can leave a voice mail."

Rick walked back over to Laurel who had finished making the bed and presented his right arm. He said, "It's time for us to depart my dear." As they started to walk away Rick said, "Please just remind me when I start freaking out about where my phone is that it's not lost or stolen."

@MST3K 4ever

Laurel heard her husband return to her upstairs and she turned to smile at him over her shoulder while she handled the sheets. For a moment, he seemed like he was going to intervene, but they had discussed this and he simply nodded in understanding, which she appreciated with a nod of her own. She should have expected the next gesture he sprung on her, considering his affectionate mood this morning, but his arms around her still sent her heart aflutter and her cheeks pink as Rick spoke so sweetly and kissed her neck. Laurel sighed happily and reluctantly let him go off to the bathroom to clean up.

Just as she got done with the comforter and the bed was all made, Rick emerged from the bathroom a changed man. No facial hair. Her eyebrows shot up with a questioning look, but his reply just made her laugh. While he changed, she pulled out her small purse and made sure everything was there, in case she left anything important in a different purse. When she again turned to face her love, he was pulling on that ancient Batman t-shirt. She sighed, giving him a look that clearly said really? She didn't buy his explanation one bit until the last phrase, to which she replied with an all-knowing "Mhmm."
Then she watched him slip on his leather jacket that she liked way better than the shirt underneath and just as they were about to head out, he stopped. She faced him while he put his phone away and Laurel opened her mouth to say he didn't have to. He didn't let her interrupt until he offered his arm and she just shook her head with a smile.

"Though I appreciate the gesture, honey," She smiled on her way back to the drawer he'd tucked his phone into. "there's no need to leave it here. I know you can restrain yourself if we're going to make this day ours. Besides, we might need to communicate to each other. So here." She put his phone in his jacket pocket and zipped the sipper for it. "No worries. Now we depart my dear." She smiled brightly and they headed down the stairs toward the garage. She could hardly wait, having not been to the bookstore in so long!

• Love
Reactions: MST3K 4ever
@MST3K 4ever

Laurel heard her husband return to her upstairs and she turned to smile at him over her shoulder while she handled the sheets. For a moment, he seemed like he was going to intervene, but they had discussed this and he simply nodded in understanding, which she appreciated with a nod of her own. She should have expected the next gesture he sprung on her, considering his affectionate mood this morning, but his arms around her still sent her heart aflutter and her cheeks pink as Rick spoke so sweetly and kissed her neck. Laurel sighed happily and reluctantly let him go off to the bathroom to clean up.

Just as she got done with the comforter and the bed was all made, Rick emerged from the bathroom a changed man. No facial hair. Her eyebrows shot up with a questioning look, but his reply just made her laugh. While he changed, she pulled out her small purse and made sure everything was there, in case she left anything important in a different purse. When she again turned to face her love, he was pulling on that ancient Batman t-shirt. She sighed, giving him a look that clearly said really? She didn't buy his explanation one bit until the last phrase, to which she replied with an all-knowing "Mhmm."
Then she watched him slip on his leather jacket that she liked way better than the shirt underneath and just as they were about to head out, he stopped. She faced him while he put his phone away and Laurel opened her mouth to say he didn't have to. He didn't let her interrupt until he offered his arm and she just shook her head with a smile.

"Though I appreciate the gesture, honey," She smiled on her way back to the drawer he'd tucked his phone into. "there's no need to leave it here. I know you can restrain yourself if we're going to make this day ours. Besides, we might need to communicate to each other. So here." She put his phone in his jacket pocket and zipped the sipper for it. "No worries. Now we depart my dear." She smiled brightly and they headed down the stairs toward the garage. She could hardly wait, having not been to the bookstore in so long!
@Ravenbelle

Rick opened the door for Laurel to get into the car. They were taking Rick's 1966 vintage Mustang which was his High School Graduation gift. The car was in mint condition and Rick loved when the sapphire blue beauty would come to life. Not to mention with the way the doors were designed and how low it was to the ground made it much easier for Laurel to get in and out of the car. However Rick also knew that eventually he would have to get rid of the car. Laurel didn't want her car to be the "mom-mobile", and also there was the practical matter. As much as he loved his car Rick knew that trying to get a car-seat in that back seat was going to be a logistical nightmare. Rick had a friend at the bar who knew a classic car collector, and he and Rick struck a deal where he would take possession of the car around the last trimester. It would be enough that Rick would be able to buy a more "family" friendly car. Rick was leaning towards an SUV maybe a RAV, but the only condition that he had was the car had to have XM Radio in it.

Rick opened the garage door and turned the key and the car purred like a cat. Rick eased it out of the garage and out into the street. He looked over at Laurel and smiled as he then turned his attention back to the road. Rick said, "Okay today is all about you. You didn't ask me to change my t-shirt..." he looked over quickly and said, "Thank you for that, and so with that being said..." Rick turned his attention back to the road and said, "You my dear one are in charge of the radio at this moment. You may put it on any channel you want. The radio is yours." Rick shrugged his shoulders and said, "I know it's less than 20 minutes with traffic to the store, but hey you know me and my radio. I'm very picky about being able to hear Springsteen, so I like to believe that this shows I'm growing." He looked over at Laurel and said, "But my shirt stays. Besides I realize eventually it'll be relegated to workouts only"

As the road began to open up a bit more Rick was enjoying the peaceful feeling that was enveloping him. He knew that eventually reality would come crashing back in on him and Laurel but at the moment that didn't matter. Rick said, "I read that the new Richard Castle book is supposed to be really good, so I am looking forward to it." He shook his head slowly and said, "I can't even remember the last time I read a book for fun. Most of the stuff I've been reading lately is either having to do with story structure, improving grammar, or about what you and the baby are going through. It's going to be interesting to read just for fun. I wonder if I can still do that?"

He smiled at Laurel and asked, "So what are you thinking of buying or reading?"

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ravenbelle
@Akumulosis

The lawyer's mindset pinged a signal once he started to speak. Small talk was perhaps something only greater men were capable of accomplishing, but Antonio had to try. He thought it would be a bad idea to ask anything too personal, especially to the nature of Sarah's pregnancy. But as she responded to such his weak question, the steady stream of pink going into his face became horribly noticeable. The scent of cinnamon emanating from his small slice of pie was as heavenly as the diner. Thinking of what to say next, Antonio picked up his spoon, and with it he shoveled into his pie in the least crude way possible. It passed through Antonio's lips. It was just as good as he had predicted, and then some. Trying to remain someone worthy of conversation, he spoke back to Sarah. A flow of potential topics spiraled around in his mind. Most options were either completely boring or absolutely unthinkable. The latter ideal topics seemed quite preferable. At the very least none of the topics revolved around Antonio; he wasn't as interesting. "Hmm..." the attorney started. "So what is it like to be an expecting mother? It must be an interesting experience." he said out of the blue. Antonio tried fervently to keep his tone relaxed and casual.

Status
Not open for further replies.