Pregnancy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antonio opened the doors to the bookstore, feeling a sense of relief from the air-conditioning inside. He looked across the compact store and to all the books inside. It was funny that he drove all the way here and didn't even think about what to read. Of course Antonio always needed more law study books for his absurd number of bookshelves at home. Even if he never read them, they always looked nice for decoration. Sometimes he came here to buy books; only to then donate them or simply give them to co-workers. Either way Antonio felt welcomed at this little bookstore. He walked across the children's section, seeing a minuscule group of youths trenching their noses in whatever book they pulled off the wall. Antonio smiled lightly. It wasn't very common these days for kids to enjoy reading. He looked around and saw their parents across viewing more mature literature.

As Antonio scoped the aisles of shelves, divided by the genres of their content, he felt an urge to find something unique. It had been ages since he read any kind of novel. Half his home library was nonfiction. Maybe finding a good kind of story would ease the trouble of living alone most of the time. Antonio set course for the adult novels. He was fond of most genres around, especially historical fiction. A tiny sense of solemnity went through his mind. Antonio felt as though he should read more fiction, if only to salvage his imagination. Sometimes the real world drained it all too much.

And upon reaching the adult novel aisle, Antonio was thrown into surprise by what he saw. In the same aisle as he stood, a magnificently beautiful woman did as well. She had a fine, crisp set of brown hair tied in a braid. Antonio also saw that this woman was with child. The bundle she carried made no interruption in her search for something to read. Trying not to seem awkward, Antonio turned to face the bookshelf closest to him. His face turned a mild red upon catching another glimpse of the woman. Antonio, having the eye of an attorney, saw that she carried no ring upon her finger. Then he came to the realization that he was now infatuated. Now he only had to muster the courage to actually speak with her, assuming that she was not in a relationship already. A woman as wondrous as this surely had someone already caring for her.

Yet Antonio remembered that, even if she was taken, he could at least have a nice conversation with someone on a Sunday like this. He walked towards her and tried to initiate small talk (a lawyer's weakness).

"So, have you seen anything good to read?"

Last edited:
As Alexis walked through the store, she picked out a fee gender neutral onsies and toys. She spotted a rather cute dresser, but decided against buying any real furniture until she could lay out a theme in the bedroom. She decided, with her parents help in getting money for it, she was going to redecorate the spare bedroom to acomidate her twins gender. Pink if they were girls, blue for boys, and yellow if she had one of each.

She sighed a little at the thought. One child, she was sure she could handle being single. But having twins was pushing it. She would have to take up a second job to get enough for various baby items she needed. And children grew so she would need to continually need to buy new things for them. While in deep thought, she realized she had began frowning too. Wiping the frown and replacing it with a smile, Alexis continued to stroll the aisles and pick out a few other items.

Soon She finished her shopping and made her way to the front. There wasn't a line so she was able to walk right up to the cashier.

"Did you find everything you needed?" Questioned the cashier as she rung up Alexis' items. Alexis wasn't all that in the mood to talk so she simply smiled kindly and nodded at the lady. Taking the bag, Alexis walked out and decided to get food. Another thing about her being pregnant made her crave chicken almost all the time. And not grilled, like she usually for, but fried chicken. She knew there was a local chain restaurant famous for there chicken in walking distance and decided exercise could do her good. She quickly stopped at her car to drop off her bags then made her way down the street to get food.

He followed Emily to the bedroom, Joseph took some spare clothes from his closet before going back to the restroom. Sure, it was normal to see your lover change but his shy nature shone through, and left just as fast as he stayed. Which was pretty quickly. He decided to dress casually, wearing a simple checkered t-shirt and jeans. He reunited with Emily in the living room, "Ready to go?" He asked, taking his wallet and car keys from a nearby stand.

For once since he had started at this new job, Finnegan had a day off. Like an actual day. And it was lovely. He didn't owe anybody any favors so he didn't have to trade his wondrous free day. And Finnegan knew just how he was going to spend it; Eating jalapeno poppers and drinking Howard's Lemonade. Howard's was a fast-food place famous for it's Fried Chicken, but Finn wasn't interested in any of that. As a future nurse, Finn hated all things greasy, he couldn't even eat his poppers without dabbing them with napkins. But even though fried chicken disgusted him, Howard's was the best place to get his guilty pleasure.
As he pulled his 1976 cj5 jeep into a parking spot, Finn spotted his worst nightmare. "Oh God..." He muttered upon spotting the a past fling and the product of said fling. "Ugh..." He groaned debating on whether to turn back around or feign blindness and ignore her. He chose the latter. He needed those poppers he deserved them.

@Polystical

Alexis stood in front of the counter. She expected to only get chicken, but as she often discovered she got a little more than that. Such a downside was that she ate more than she was use to. Handing over her card, her eyes moved to the friers in the back hungrily. Just watching them prepare her meal made her stomach growl. Put of her peripherals she spotted the door opening and, due to her stupid curiosity, looked to see who had entered. Her face practically paled at the sight of him from shock, then shifted to a frown. It was Finnegan, the perfect way to ruin a relaxing day.

"Your food is ready, miss." Alexis turned her head to see the tray of food set out for her. It was so hard to be mad when something so delicious was staring back at you. She mumbled out a thanks and took the tray of food, walking to the seat farthest from the front counters and most squished in a corner. She wanted to stay as far away from the man as possible. Sitting herself down, she got started on eating hee meal. The fact that she was eating food so greasy repulsed her, but the flavor was so good she couldn't help it.

"Can't wait till I can stop coming here.." he mumbled to herself and continued her eating. She took a few bites of fries and a biscuit she bought. She definitely wasn't looking forward to getting fat off these food. She was gonna end up eating like a starving animal to satisfy her twins. She shrugged the thought off though, and just enjoyed the disgustingly delicious taste of the fried chicken, pushing any thoughts of money, the twins, or him out her head.

@MiraiNikki021209

He didn't expect her to ignore him. Honestly he'd expected her to yell at him or give him the stink eye or even give a 'I'm better than you so hi there!'. The fact that she snubbed him, made him grind his teeth in irritation and some of that misplaced anger came out as he ordered and practically growled out his order to the poor cashier. He felt a little bad at first, but hey, they should be used to the diverse world of customer service.

Finnegan made a point to sit in one of the booths far away from Alexis, but unfortunately the one which would have him with his back to her was covered in some sort of disgusting sticky...Something. So he was forced to sit and stare at her shovel down grossly unhealthy food. God, what was up with her? Finnegan knew that women got serious cravings when they were pregnant, but Jesus at least have some decnency to eat the healthier alternatives. All of that horrible grease was not good for the baby--Correction, babies. Her foul eating habits were going to screw with his children's brains and they were going to end up...Dopey. Finnegan couldn't even think of the actual term for children like...that, because he was so appalled.

Finally, unable to take it any longer, Finnegan got a to-go bag and stalked up to Alexis.

"Is a c-section your goal in life? Because that's what you're gonna get if you keep shoveling that chicken down your gullet." He snapped. "Not to mention, unhealthy foods can result in my kids missing some parts of their brains and I'm not for that." He stated, crossing his arms. The action caused his own bag of unhealthy food to crumple and rustle, but at least he dabbed the grease away.

Last edited:
"He's always bothering me. Kinda hard not to when he's inside of me." Ashley chuckled. "I slept well. Last night, he actually let me sleep.", Her voice so gentle and warming to Julian's ears he could not help but smile when she talked to him, and the answers she gave back made him laugh a little even. " It's good the little monster is letting you get some sleep, He'll be out of there in in your arms soon enough though" Julian stood up straight and stretched a little, looking over at the window and thinking in his head of something he could do to make her happy and content until later that night. His mind rushing like a mad man to grab anything that she loved to do and anything she hadn't done yet with him. With a marriage of two years you tend to get to know each other very well and it seems almost much easier to come up with plans on the spot, He smirked and looked back at Ashley. His signature, i got a plan, look and in that one moment he walked around to the back of her and began rubbing her shoulders, and loosening them up. A easy relaxing massage as he spoke to her in his calm tone.

" How about we get dressed, and i take us to go get some ice cream. And then i'll just drive us around and we will spend the whole day out on the town. Sound good? " He wanted her to get out the house for a little, she might not go crazy while being cooped up in a house but he might if he is inside for too long. His over hyper activated body kept him with energy and movement all day until he made himself calm down at least, He stopped massaging her back " You want help getting up? or you going to show me that you're still the super woman who beats me up from time to time?" he chuckled as he ruffled her hair into her face and walked back to the front of the couch and kissed her on the lips, Passionately of course, and over a prolonged time leaned back still smiling. He loved messing with her, even though she probably would get annoyed at him for messing with her right now. But he couldn't help it, especially when she gave him her grumpy face and shouted playfully at him to stop messing with her or she might hurt him bad one day. She was the perfect person to mess with at times, not bully, but to mess with. (@Minamoto Thunder)

Emily put her bag over her shoulder and nodded "After breakfast we can go look at that new second hand baby store, or the bookstore or both if we want" She said grinning as she got her shoes on and headed for the door. She was excited to be hanging out with her boyfriend, usually it felt like they hardly saw each other between work and school. She opened the door and stepped out into the hall. It was mostly quiet out here, except for the occasional conversation that you over heard. She headed down the stairs to the garage, assuming that Joseph was behind her.

@Polystical

Alexis' face turned to an icy stare at Finnegan. What gave him the right to criticize her? Or the right to say they were his kids? He made his choice. She made a point to take a rather large bite out of a chicken wing and stared him down with a cold gaze. "I don't need any sort of parenting advice from you. What I do with MY body and MY children is up to ME. You made your choice not to be apart of MY children's life so you can take your opinions and shove it." Sure she was being very rude. Sure, he was technically the biological father of her kids, but just the sight of him was enough to make her a bitch. And now, to her, he was nothing more than a sperm donar.

She took a few more large bites if her food till she was finished and wiped her mouth, shoving the empty box of bones away from her. She hoped that would be enough to satisfy her for a while. Standing up, she pushed in her chair and gathered the items back onto the tray. Though after all that food she didn't exactly feel good again. Why couldn't her stupid body make up it's mind on what she wanted? All that grease made her feel like she was going to be sick. Though she didn't let it show. She picked up her tray, gripping it a little too hard so her knuckles turned white, and glared at Finnegan.

"Quit acting oh so concerned with them. They'll be fine." She narrowed her eyes, as if she wanted to shout more at him. And she did. She mostly wanted to call him a bunch of names that weren't exactly PG rated, but decided against it. Speaking to him any longer would just stress her out more. She turned on her heel and walked rather quickly, dropping the tray on top of the trash can and making her way to the nearest womens restroom. The grease in her stomach was feeling like acid now and it demanded to get out. Stupid stomach with it's inability to figure out what it wants.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joseph nodded, he liked the idea of both so he speak up his opinion, "Why not both? We have the time." Even with his interest in science, he really rathered to spend more time with his girlfriend. The obvious benefits were of course much higher than anything he could think of anyway. He internally laughed at himself; a lot of people told him he was quite knowledgable and even he admitted to that. But he sometimes wished that he knew more things that would make his lover even more happy, than knowing the structure of cells. No matter how intriguing they are.

Once they reached the garage, Joseph pressed the unlock button on the electronic car key and took the driver's seat.

"He's always bothering me. Kinda hard not to when he's inside of me." Ashley chuckled. "I slept well. Last night, he actually let me sleep.", Her voice so gentle and warming to Julian's ears he could not help but smile when she talked to him, and the answers she gave back made him laugh a little even. " It's good the little monster is letting you get some sleep, He'll be out of there in in your arms soon enough though" Julian stood up straight and stretched a little, looking over at the window and thinking in his head of something he could do to make her happy and content until later that night. His mind rushing like a mad man to grab anything that she loved to do and anything she hadn't done yet with him. With a marriage of two years you tend to get to know each other very well and it seems almost much easier to come up with plans on the spot, He smirked and looked back at Ashley. His signature, i got a plan, look and in that one moment he walked around to the back of her and began rubbing her shoulders, and loosening them up. A easy relaxing massage as he spoke to her in his calm tone.

" How about we get dressed, and i take us to go get some ice cream. And then i'll just drive us around and we will spend the whole day out on the town. Sound good? " He wanted her to get out the house for a little, she might not go crazy while being cooped up in a house but he might if he is inside for too long. His over hyper activated body kept him with energy and movement all day until he made himself calm down at least, He stopped massaging her back " You want help getting up? or you going to show me that you're still the super woman who beats me up from time to time?" he chuckled as he ruffled her hair into her face and walked back to the front of the couch and kissed her on the lips, Passionately of course, and over a prolonged time leaned back still smiling. He loved messing with her, even though she probably would get annoyed at him for messing with her right now. But he couldn't help it, especially when she gave him her grumpy face and shouted playfully at him to stop messing with her or she might hurt him bad one day. She was the perfect person to mess with at times, not bully, but to mess with. (@Minamoto Thunder)
When he began rubbing her shoulders, Ashley felt more relaxed. She was still holding her stomach, though she now had both hands underneath it. This was mainly to alleviate any backache that she had. When he mentioned something about getting Ice Cream, she smiled. "Yeah, sure. A walk in the park would be nice too. I really need to stretch out my legs." Indeed she wanted to get out more, because staying home was a bit boring. Not to mention that she was going to be staying home after the end of next week. After he was finished playing with her hair, she did start laughing. He did have a knack for teasing her. Luckily, she wasn't all hormonal or moody today. Even if she was being moody, Julian was very patient with it. After kissing her on the lips, his smile made her laugh a bit. She looked down at her belly and thought that she'd need help getting up, considering that she had to use the Couch's arm to help her stand at times. "Yes, sweetheart, I need help getting up." She grabbed onto his wrists. "This baby is getting heavier everyday. At some point, I probably won't be able to get up at all."

Reactions: Akuma
@Legens Legentis

Sarah looked up at the man curiously. She could feel the stares she was receiving from others, but this man gave her a look of...pity? sadness? How could he possibly figure out so much about her just by looking at her. As his voice rang out, she snapped out of her thoughts, and gave a small nod. She pulled out a few books she had picked up and held to her chest. One of them was a more...adult book, but the other two looked like simple romance novels. "Yes, I enjoy reading more...love based books." She told him and gave him a long look. He stood up straight, as if someone was constantly criticizing his every movement, and had a...hard look on his face. She looked over his clothes and noted that he was mostly likely in a higher job, and got paid a lot. With all of that, She couldn't deny that he was very handsome. She wasn't all that curious about that though, It was nice to talk to someone. The only people she really did talk to, was a small group of also pregnant women that she had got to know well, and her parents, but they didn't seem to talk to her all that much anymore.

"You seen anything you like?" She asked in return.

Emily grinned and got in the passenger seat. She placed her bag on the floor and put her seat belt on. "I love weekends, we can do whatever we want with them" She said with a laugh. Even though she knew that that freedom would be gone in 6 months, it didn't matter, she was excited for the baby and couldn't wait to find out the gender of it. "Oh, that reminds me, we have a appointment in 3 weeks to find out the gender" She said with excitement, it felt like a long way away but Emily couldn't wait to start buying things for their baby.

@Ravenbelle

Rick smiled as he went upstairs to get the prenatal vitamins for Laurel. He could hear her moving around in the kitchen getting ready to make them breakfast, and if there was one thing Laurel knew it was her way around the kitchen. Ever since they moved in together at the start of their junior year at UNC she did most of the cooking, but Rick was always willing to help clean up afterwords. They had a pretty set system in place of who took care of what around the house and the yard, but they knew that once a certain young lady made her appearance things would have to be "modified." Rick went into the upstairs bathroom and began looking around for the vitamins. Rick was having a difficult time finding the vitamins which was making him a little nervous. He was afraid that if one thing went wrong it would spell disaster for the baby, and not to mention upset Laurel.

Rick said in an almost whisper, "The blasted things are the size of horse vitamins. How do..." just then he found them and grabbed one.

Rick stopped off at his nightstand and grabbed his I-Pad and made his way back downstairs. He gave Laurel her vitamin and said, "Here you go Peaches."

Rick sat down at the table and began going through his news feed on his I-Pad. Something caught his attention and he said, "Hey the Bookstore downtown is having a sale today buy 2 get 1 free some pretty decent titles too. Maybe after we eat if you're up for it we can go check it out."

Just then the phone rang and Rick said, "I got this." He picked up the phone and within the blink of an eye Rick's demeanor changed. All he said was, "Not a chance in Hell." Rick then answered the phone saying, "Hey Jake." It was Jake the manager of the Dragon's Pit where Rick tended bar and Rick knew what was coming.

Rick said, "I pulled a double on Tuesday and Wednesday night. I bailed you out last night. No way I'm coming in today...Jake no. I'd be working with Abner right...Jake sew the kid's thumbs together and make him a dishwasher he can't do the job...Okay Jake I come in tonight it will be be long enough to give you my resignation..." He looked at Laurel and said very slowly, "Call my bluff...I've seen you more than my wife this week....I like you Jake you're a good guy but if you upset I will walk...Ernie at The Gas Spot has been calling about me here...thanks Jake good luck tonight see ya on Monday night."

Rick hung up and shook his head. He looked at Laurel and said, " I've hardly seen you at all this week, and I miss you Laurel. Jake can find someone else or he can do it himself, and yes I was serious when I said Ernie has called about me. Jake knows now not to pull this crap anymore."

Rick got up and stretched. He came behind Laurel and kissed her gently on the neck. He put his arms around her and asked, "If I recall last night just before I left for work we had the names narrowed down to four. Which one do we go with?" He said with an impish grin, "Mom and dad wanna know."
@MST3K 4ever

She smiled at her husband as he made his way back upstairs for her. When she glanced at the sink under the window, there were no dirty dishes so she figured he hadn't consumed anything besides coffee. She started on breakfast for two--no, three. Rubbing her temple with one hand and pulling out the butter and eggs with the other, she placed them on the counter with the fruit bowl and the milk jug afterward. Eating healthy all the time was becoming more of a hassle because before she got pregnant she could order in or make a TV dinner if she was feeling lazy, but now she had to pack in as many calories (and good ones) into her diet as possible. It might not have sounded too hard before she got pregnant and it certainly isn't the worst part by a long shot, but still. There are a bunch of little things that aren't really considered about pregnancy until you actually have a human growing inside you.

She looked down at the bump growing between her hips. Dr. Idito said she should be feeling signs of life. Not kicks yet, but maybe a wriggling feeling or a hiccup. Laurel hasn't felt any of that yet, but she had told her not to worry. Of course that hadn't helped. Laurel gulped, took a deep breath, and pulled out a pan to start making some eggs with spinach and a bit of salt.

When Rick returned, she was rubbing her temple again and putting in some toast for him. She knew he liked it just a little burnt at the edges. The fruit bowl was open with a couple of forks and glasses of milk, so he could start on that if he wanted.
"Thanks." Laurel smiled and swallowed it with a sip of milk. Before returning to the frying pan, Rick mentioned the bookstore sale and she nodded. That did sound fun and she needed a few books to read. When the phone rang, her stomach growled while she tended to the scrambled eggs. She looked over her shoulder at Rick every so often, listening to the conversation with a guilty pout. She didn't mean to cause issues with his schedule. She bit the inside of her cheek, serving the eggs onto two plates, one with Rick's two pieces of toast with butter.

Placing both plates on the table across from each other, she sat down across from him as he hung up. As always, Rick caught her guilty look and made it disappear. She didn't doubt those deep chocolate eyes. He has missed her as much as she'd missed him and hopefully he wouldn't have much crap to deal with on monday.
"Okay."

She was about to tell him to eat, but he stood and stretched instead before walking around behind her to lean over and kiss her neck. Laurel giggled a little and leaned her head against his, reaching up with one of her hands to run it through his dark hair before he started talking low and sweet the way she loved right by her ear.
"Oh how could I choose? I mean Dad wants to know too, but we haven't even seen her face y--oh!" Laurel cut herself off and gasped, jolting forward to press her hands against her baby bump, blue eyes wide and staring down.

She gave a high pitched squeal when the feeling came again and smiled ear to ear. It was so strange to describe! Laurel felt like she had a tapeworm or something inside her, they way it sort of...blipped. it wasn't painful at all. Just so strange! Like an alien! Laurel laughed and tears came to her eyes.
"I guess she knew we were talking about her." Laurel beamed, staring up at her husband with glassy eyes. Of course she knew the baby could hardly hear her now, but she had moved for the first time! And her mother was full to the brim with joy

Last edited:
Reactions: MST3K 4ever
[

@MST3K 4ever

She smiled at her husband as he made his way back upstairs for her. When she glanced at the sink under the window, there were no dirty dishes so she figured he hadn't consumed anything besides coffee. She started on breakfast for two--no, three. Rubbing her temple with one hand and pulling out the butter and eggs with the other, she placed them on the counter with the fruit bowl and the milk jug afterward. Eating healthy all the time was becoming more of a hassle because before she got pregnant she could order in or make a TV dinner if she was feeling lazy, but now she had to pack in as many calories (and good ones) into her diet as possible. It might not have sounded too hard before she got pregnant and it certainly isn't the worst part by a long shot, but still. There are a bunch of little things that aren't really considered about pregnancy until you actually have a human growing inside you.

She looked down at the bump growing between her hips. Dr. Idito said she should be feeling signs of life. Not kicks yet, but maybe a wriggling feeling or a hiccup. Laurel hasn't felt any of that yet, but she had told her not to worry. Of course that hadn't helped. Laurel gulped, took a deep breath, and pulled out a pan to start making some eggs with spinach and a bit of salt.

When Rick returned, she was rubbing her temple again and putting in some toast for him. She knew he liked it just a little burnt at the edges. The fruit bowl was open with a couple of forks and glasses of milk, so he could start on that if he wanted.
"Thanks." Laurel smiled and swallowed it with a sip of milk. Before returning to the frying pan, Rick mentioned the bookstore sale and she nodded. That did sound fun and she needed a few books to read. When the phone rang, her stomach growled while she tended to the scrambled eggs. She looked over her shoulder at Rick every so often, listening to the conversation with a guilty pout. She didn't mean to cause issues with his schedule. She bit the inside of her cheek, serving the eggs onto two plates, one with Rick's two pieces of toast with butter.

Placing both plates on the table across from each other, she sat down across from him as he hung up. As always, Rick caught her guilty look and made it disappear. She didn't doubt those deep chocolate eyes. He has missed her as much as she'd missed him and hopefully he wouldn't have much crap to deal with on monday.
"Okay."

She was about to tell him to eat, but he stood and stretched instead before walking around behind her to lean over and kiss her neck. Laurel giggled a little and leaned her head against his, reaching up with one of her hands to run it through his dark hair before he started talking low and sweet the way she loved right by her ear.
"Oh how could I choose? I mean Dad wants to know too, but we haven't even seen her face y--oh!" Laurel cut herself off and gasped, jolting forward to press her hands against her baby bump, blue eyes wide and staring down.

She gave a high pitched squeal when the feeling came again and smiled ear to ear. It was so strange to describe! Laurel felt like she had a tapeworm or something inside her, they way it sort of...blipped. it wasn't painful at all. Just so strange! Like an alien! Laurel laughed and tears came to her eyes.
"I guess she knew we were talking about her." Laurel beamed, staring up at her husband with glassy eyes. Of course she knew the baby could develop the sense of hearing yet, but she had moved for the first time! And her mother was full to the brim with joy
@Ravenbelle
Rick was enjoying the playful moment with Laurel. Though her emotions were going all over the place, and her worrying was starting to become more and more obvious moments like these helped remind Rick that the woman he was so in love was still in his life.

The name topic was one that had been going on back and forth once the baby's gender had been confirmed. It was something that Rick and Laurel playfully talked about back and forth. Then there were those moments where it wasn't so playful from Laurel's point of view, and Rick would quickly either drop the subject or just say, "Okay okay sorry I asked." This though seemed like the right moment and Rick wasn't gonna let it pass them by.

When she gave off the high pitched squeal Rick had no clue what to think at first. His first thought was that something was wrong, but the ear to ear smile told him that what had just happened was a good thing. Hearing Laurel say that the baby knew they were talking about her made Rick's mouth slowly drop. The first time Rick heard the baby's heartbeat Rick was in utter awe and the look on his face was like he had won the lottery twice. He felt the same expression as Laurel looked up at him, and Rick gently ran both hands through Laurel's hair as he said looking into her eyes, "I Love you Laurel." Very gently he kissed her and rested his forehead against hers.

Rick then looked up and said, "Perhaps we've been going about this name thing all wrong." He nodded and said, "I got an idea."

With a smile from ear to ear matching Laurel's he said, "Trust me."

Rick stepped back and got down on both knees. He looked up at Laurel and wiggled his eyebrows twice. He looked at Laurel's abdomen and said, "Attention baby girl Burnett. This is your dad talking to you. For the past couple of months your lovely mother and I have debated what to name you. Your grandparents, who are equally looking forward to seeing you and spoiling you to no end, are eager to know your name and are starting to wonder if we will ever name you. So with all that being said you are the one who has to live with your name. It's time for you to make your first major decision. I will say four names to you and then one you react to is the one we go with. This way also if you ever say 'I don't like my name' it was your choice not ours."

Rick smiled at Laurel again as he let out a small giggle and said with a slight pause between each name, "Okay the final four are Elizabeth, Emily, Jane, and Mary."

• Love
Reactions: Ravenbelle
Joseph smiled, "That's great! I'm so excited!" He said while butting on his own seatbelt and starting the engine. He couldn't wait to learn the baby's gender; his friend's knew their own baby's, and just wanted to tell everyone too. Especially his parents, they've always wanted grandchildren and have already been badgering him for more information on the baby. But that's not all, he also wanted to quench his own curiosity. That's why he dreaded the upcoming weeks, because when he felt excited or curious, he was almost always be in a daze. He didn't want it to effect his preformance in school. So that meant he had to, unfortunately, push said excitement to the back of his mind. Today was also no different, he needed to focus on Emily. Which would probably help make the time pass even faster, after all, distraction was a great thing when it comes to these things.

He opened the garage door with a remote he usually placed in the backseat. He drove slowly out of the driveway, and then accelerated once they were on the road. "Just tell me if I'm going the wrong way." He said, hopefully he knew which diner she was talking about. Sure it's been getting good reviews and it was new, but for all he knew, they could be talking about two different places entirely.

@Polystical

Alexis' face turned to an icy stare at Finnegan. What gave him the right to criticize her? Or the right to say they were his kids? He made his choice. She made a point to take a rather large bite out of a chicken wing and stared him down with a cold gaze. "I don't need any sort of parenting advice from you. What I do with MY body and MY children is up to ME. You made your choice not to be apart of MY children's life so you can take your opinions and shove it." Sure she was being very rude. Sure, he was technically the biological father of her kids, but just the sight of him was enough to make her a bitch. And now, to her, he was nothing more than a sperm donar.

She took a few more large bites if her food till she was finished and wiped her mouth, shoving the empty box of bones away from her. She hoped that would be enough to satisfy her for a while. Standing up, she pushed in her chair and gathered the items back onto the tray. Though after all that food she didn't exactly feel good again. Why couldn't her stupid body make up it's mind on what she wanted? All that grease made her feel like she was going to be sick. Though she didn't let it show. She picked up her tray, gripping it a little too hard so her knuckles turned white, and glared at Finnegan.

"Quit acting oh so concerned with them. They'll be fine." She narrowed her eyes, as if she wanted to shout more at him. And she did. She mostly wanted to call him a bunch of names that weren't exactly PG rated, but decided against it. Speaking to him any longer would just stress her out more. She turned on her heel and walked rather quickly, dropping the tray on top of the trash can and making her way to the nearest womens restroom. The grease in her stomach was feeling like acid now and it demanded to get out. Stupid stomach with it's inability to figure out what it wants.
Finnegan's nostrils flared as he breathed through them in annoyance. He was conflicted. On one hand having a kid was not his plan at the moment, and two kids, well that was even worse. They would hold him down and if he wanted to be a nurse he would need all of his time to be free for when he was on call. Even now as a paramedic he worked long hours! And plus, he was only in his twenties! Why the hell did he even have to deal with this whole kid business! Although as Alexis had so clearly highlighted, it wasn't his business anymore. But still...Knowing that his bloodline was going to be continued and at some point two tiny beings with his genes would be running around...And with the way, Alexis was eating...It would hurt his pride. If she had 'challenged' kids, and everyone knew that he had impregnated her, they would be repulsed by him. It would be embarrassing. Besides, Alexis would get messed up too if she kept eating the way that she was. And even if he had broken it off with her, he didn't want anything terrible to happen. Like diabetes or a rare birthing defect or accident...

Following Alexis, Finnegan leaned on the wall outside of the door and waited for her to come out. When she did, he tried to make his expression soft or at least kind. "Listen, Ally" He stated, calling her by his old nickname for her. "You know I'm studying to be a nurse, so I know things, that you don't know, so maybe you should just listen to me okay? I can give you a list of things that you can eat and hey, I'll even buy them--"Okay he needed to save money for his nursing course. "I'll donate some money to your cause."

@Polystical

Alexis paused when she saw Finnegan wait for her and let out a sigh. Why couldn't he just leave her alone? Her life was her business. But, she still patiently listened to what he said even though it was clear by her face that she would much rather be dipping her feet in a bowl of spiders than be near him any longer. Alexis resisted the urge to tap her fingers in hopes that he would hurry up, or yell at him for calling her Ally again.

Once he finished she glanced from him to, well, anywhere else as she thought over how she would respond. "I'd hate to take so much time from your oh so precious job. I'd appreciate the list, but I don't want any sort of money from you. What my kids need, I'll get for myself without your help, since I, you know, care about them enough." She said, then gave him a cold glare. "For your information, how my kids turn out is up to me. I don't care if their challenged because they'll me mine and I'd love them all the same. Now, either make that list now or drop it off in my mailbox. I would rather not spend any more time with you than I need to, got it?" She spoke with a sour tone.

Turning to him, Alexis then crossed her arms and drummed her fingers against her arm as she impatiently waited to see if he would write out the list of food or just tell her he would drop it off later. He was ruining her day and she much rather wanted to be out in a park, taking photos of flowers or old couples or squirrels or anything to keep her happy.

Emily nodded and turned on the radio. "Yeah your going the right way, i'll be sure to tell you otherwise" She said and checked her phone. She had sent the picture to her mom and even though there was basically no bump, her mom had shared her excitement. Both her parents were excited to have a grandchild and even though her dad wasn't as vocal about it, she knew that he couldn't wait to see it. As they pulled up to the diner, Emile placed her phone in her bag and opened the door. "Lets eat" She said with a grin.

@Akumulosis

Antonio watched intently as the woman pulled out three romance novels, and by the looks of the third one, she had a fairly mature taste in literature. Her eyes traced every movement Antonio made, or at least he believed so. His face was turning more of an embarrassing pink by the second. Antonio tried to recall the advise his old friend Julian gave him a few years ago. It seemed as though a majority of his old friends had a better time with women than he did. Heck, Antonio would bet that Julian already started a family by now. And here this lawyer stood, in a bookstore trying not to look like a complete fool. The most difficult thing to think about was that this woman was pregnant. It was practically fact that she must have a far more successful man attending to her every whim!

He took a look at closer look at the books she selected. Three romance novels, just as they were before. Antonio was trying his best to decipher her personality. If she read tales of romance, then she might be 'intrigued' by the topic. It was an open possibility, but that still left the baby she carried up to chance. From another quick glance into her eyes, Antonio deduced that she must have been very young. It wouldn't make complete sense for a woman this young to be having a child now, especially if she was single. Antonio mentally lashed himself for thinking so deeply. It would be rude to intrude on her privacy. He would try to earn her friendship, or at least become an acquaintance, and stop trying to be Prince Charming. It was good enough just to meet someone new.

"Ah, I've never read those kind of books before. Um, this might seem a bit strange, but would you mind if I paid for those books for you? And if you're not busy, maybe we can chat over a cup of coffee at the diner nearby?" Antonio stiffly offered. He mentally lashed himself again for making such an offer. Now he could only try to lessen the damage.

"Oh, my apologies, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Antonio Richardson, but you can just call me Antonio."

Status
Not open for further replies.