Pregnancy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah looked over him carefully as he seemed to blankly stare at her for a while. She was about to leave, and go sit down nearby, her back beginning to kill her front the weight of the books and the little girl she was holding in her womb, when he began to talk. She listened to his words, a small blush coming to her face. She was in a bookstore, pregnant, and a guy was hitting on her? How could she be in the least bit attractive right now..."You can pay for them, I don't mind. As for the coffee, I haven't drank any in a long time, but I wouldn't mind a cup of hot cocoa." She told him, trying to seem nice in her words. She wanted to blow it all out on this guy, Antonio, but her maternal side told her to be careful with what she was doing, as the baby could be harmed. "I'm Sarah...Sarah Bennett." She told him, and held the three books closely to her chest with one hand, reaching out to shake his with the other.

@Legens Legentis

@Ravenbelle
Rick was enjoying the playful moment with Laurel. Though her emotions were going all over the place, and her worrying was starting to become more and more obvious moments like these helped remind Rick that the woman he was so in love was still in his life.

The name topic was one that had been going on back and forth once the baby's gender had been confirmed. It was something that Rick and Laurel playfully talked about back and forth. Then there were those moments where it wasn't so playful from Laurel's point of view, and Rick would quickly either drop the subject or just say, "Okay okay sorry I asked." This though seemed like the right moment and Rick wasn't gonna let it pass them by.

When she gave off the high pitched squeal Rick had no clue what to think at first. His first thought was that something was wrong, but the ear to ear smile told him that what had just happened was a good thing. Hearing Laurel say that the baby knew they were talking about her made Rick's mouth slowly drop. The first time Rick heard the baby's heartbeat Rick was in utter awe and the look on his face was like he had won the lottery twice. He felt the same expression as Laurel looked up at him, and Rick gently ran both hands through Laurel's hair as he said looking into her eyes, "I Love you Laurel." Very gently he kissed her and rested his forehead against hers.

Rick then looked up and said, "Perhaps we've been going about this name thing all wrong." He nodded and said, "I got an idea."

With a smile from ear to ear matching Laurel's he said, "Trust me."

Rick stepped back and got down on both knees. He looked up at Laurel and wiggled his eyebrows twice. He looked at Laurel's abdomen and said, "Attention baby girl Burnett. This is your dad talking to you. For the past couple of months your lovely mother and I have debated what to name you. Your grandparents, who are equally looking forward to seeing you and spoiling you to no end, are eager to know your name and are starting to wonder if we will ever name you. So with all that being said you are the one who has to live with your name. It's time for you to make your first major decision. I will say four names to you and then one you react to is the one we go with. This way also if you ever say 'I don't like my name' it was your choice not ours."

Rick smiled at Laurel again as he let out a small giggle and said with a slight pause between each name, "Okay the final four are Elizabeth, Emily, Jane, and Mary."
@MST3K 4ever

Rick's face made Laurel's tears fall. He was so happy! Like he was proud of her. Like she'd done something right. and so she was happy too. Overwhelmingly so. She felt his hands run through her hair, which had become fuller and a bit longer because of her pregnancy and his lips against hers. It was kind of hard to kiss him back with how widely she was smiling, but she just about managed, whispering "As I Love You, Rick.." with her forehead against his and her eyes locked to his loving pair. How could she have been so lucky? This is like a dream come true!

he only pulled away to spark an idea in his bright eyes. She sniffled and wiped away her ears, tilting her head curiously when he told her to trust her. When did she ever show him that she didn't? His smile was contagious and her cheeks were starting to hurt as he lowered himself to his knees, similar to when he proposed to her a couple of years ago. Only now he was talking to someone else. His eyebrows waggled before he spoke up and she giggled, causing the little girl to move again. Laurel put her hands on the top of her sizable abdomen and watched her husband speak to their creation. She blushed a little when he called her lovely and laughed again when he mentioned never naming her. She wondered just how his little plan was supposed to work, but she didn't interject. He explained it adorably, sending her heart aflutter as he laughed again and listed four names in succession, waiting for her response. She bit her lip through each one, awaiting such a weighty decision made my the whim of an unborn baby, but...it never came.

Laurel shook her head when she felt no extra blips again throughout every name. "Sorry Love. No Dice." One of her hands came off her bump and pet his hair. "It was a good plan though. I can't believe I felt her move for the first time..it felt so weird, like Nemo trembling inside his little fish egg or something. Maybe we should try asking her name again later. Maybe when our parents come and visit again. Or at the baby shower...Now sit down and eat, we--"She pointed to her belly and herself--"are starving." She laughed gleefully and poked his nose, caressing her child from outside her skin.

@Akumulosis

Antonio's heart skipped a beat when Sarah accepted his offer. "Glad to meet you, Sarah." He took her hand gently and shook it, feeling the softness of a mother's hand. It was a shame that lawyers had the stereotype of heartlessness, as Antonio smiled warmly from her kindness. The delighted attorney let go of her hand, to avoid looking weird, and then reached into his pocket. Antonio pulled out his black-leather wallet. It was stuffed with 50's and 100's, nothing that would go well for buying a few tiny novels. This bookstore had a reputation for offering great deals on the weekends. As Antonio was about to purchase the books for Sarah, he noticed that she looked exhausted. Carrying a child was no easy task, that much he was sure of. Even though the diner was only a few minutes away in walking distance, Antonio would have to be as helpful as possible. "Perhaps it would be best if I drove you to the diner," Antonio tried hard to avoid mentioning the source of her exhaustion, "in my car we'll get there in five minutes tops."

Joseph nodded in response as he got out of the car to follow Emily, but locked the vehicle before moving on. "Thank you." He said and went inside. He was kinda embaressed, since he's read enough to at least know that he should have held the door instead, but thought better than to say so out loud. Especially since it was seriously sexist. He moved past the thought after he sat on an available seat. The table he chose was touching the wall and the chairs were positioned so the people sitting would be adjacent to a huge window, the street as the view. It wasn't the greatest of views but the interior somewhat made up for it.

He wanted to spoil his beautiful lover today, so he was secretly planning more for their day. One of which was a trip to an amusement park; the thought came to him when he remembered reading an advertisement on a poll during his morning jog. And maybe, if they had more time, they would be able to take a peaceful stroll around the park. If not, there was always the next day if she was up for it. "What do you want to order." He asked.

@MST3K 4ever

Rick's face made Laurel's tears fall. He was so happy! Like he was proud of her. Like she'd done something right. and so she was happy too. Overwhelmingly so. She felt his hands run through her hair, which had become fuller and a bit longer because of her pregnancy and his lips against hers. It was kind of hard to kiss him back with how widely she was smiling, but she just about managed, whispering "As I Love You, Rick.." with her forehead against his and her eyes locked to his loving pair. How could she have been so lucky? This is like a dream come true!

he only pulled away to spark an idea in his bright eyes. She sniffled and wiped away her ears, tilting her head curiously when he told her to trust her. When did she ever show him that she didn't? His smile was contagious and her cheeks were starting to hurt as he lowered himself to his knees, similar to when he proposed to her a couple of years ago. Only now he was talking to someone else. His eyebrows waggled before he spoke up and she giggled, causing the little girl to move again. Laurel put her hands on the top of her sizable abdomen and watched her husband speak to their creation. She blushed a little when he called her lovely and laughed again when he mentioned never naming her. She wondered just how his little plan was supposed to work, but she didn't interject. He explained it adorably, sending her heart aflutter as he laughed again and listed four names in succession, waiting for her response. She bit her lip through each one, awaiting such a weighty decision made my the whim of an unborn baby, but...it never came.

Laurel shook her head when she felt no extra blips again throughout every name. "Sorry Love. No Dice." One of her hands came off her bump and pet his hair. "It was a good plan though. I can't believe I felt her move for the first time..it felt so weird, like Nemo trembling inside his little fish egg or something. Maybe we should try asking her name again later. Maybe when our parents come and visit again. Or at the baby shower...Now sit down and eat, we--"She pointed to her belly and herself--"are starving." She laughed gleefully and poked his nose, caressing her child from outside her skin.
@Ravenbelle

Rick waited to see if the baby would even show the slightest interest in any of the names that Laurel and him had agreed. When Laurel told him that there was no activity he shook his head and said to Laurel's abdomen, "All right young lady, but I think you should know your mother and I went through a lot of trouble to narrow down to the four names we picked." He said in a "fatherly" voice, "So you better pick one of them." Rick shrugged his shoulders and said in his normal voice, "You know like before you turn 18. If that's okay with you?" Rick smiled and kissed Laurel's abdomen and said, "Love you little girl." The Nemo analogy made Rick smile and he said, "So amazing. You really are something else Laurel."

He stood back and realized Laurel was right about needing to eat. Rick's stomach was starting to growl as well. He had gotten up and re-read the "advice" Sylvia gave him, and then Rick called his dad since it was his turn to call on the weekend. During that time he hadn't had anything to eat, and the cup of coffee was not going to get him through the day. What the day looked like other than a trip to the bookstore really all depended on Laurel and how she felt. If she called it an early day that was fine with him, and if she wanted to stay out for a while that was okay too. Rick wanted to spend the day with her, and even if he worked on his manuscript while she slept Rick was okay with that. He wanted to just been in the same area with Laurel.

As he sat down to the meal Laurel had prepared for them and said, "Well far be it for me to keep my girls waiting." He took some of the toast that Laurel had made him and took a bite. Rick nodded and smiled and said, "Perfect as always." Rick saw his cup was empty and stood up and made another cup. While he was up he made Laurel a glass of apple juice and brought it to her. Rick placed it in front of her and said, "For you my dear one." Rick smiled and kissed Laurel on the forehead as he said, "Breakfast looks great. Now that we've gotten everything taken care of for the time being. Let's enjoy our time together."

As Rick was finishing up his breakfast he said, "I would like to know something. Even though we haven't decided on a first name, and the last name is pretty much a given..." Rick swallowed his last bites and once his mouth was cleared he asked, "I was wondering; what if for her middle name we gave her your mom's first name?"

@Legens Legentis

Sarah placed the books onto the counter, and just barely caught a glimpse of what was inside of the mans wallet. He was bloody rich, what was he doing here? She asked herself, confused. She winced and slowly nodded her head to his question. "Just...Just give me a moment..." She told him and looked around. There was a small chair close...She walked over to it, and grabbed the back of it, slowly sitting down into it. Her back just...The relief was amazing, feeling the pain subside as she was able to put the weight onto something else. "You can drive me...as long as you bring me back here, my car is parked nearby." She told him in a long sigh. Sarah knew of the diner he was talking about...it had been a favorite place of hers to go to for a long time. It would take her a few minutes of rest before she knew she would be okay to walk for a little while.

Reactions: MST3K 4ever
Emily smiled and sat down, looking through the menu. The diner felt nice, it had a homey sense to it and everything looked good. "I think i'm gonna get the french toast with some juice" She said and closed her menu. The diner was a buzz of noise but it was never too much to draw attention to and it was decorated nicely, and all the waiters and waitresses had smiles on their faces. The room was mostly brown with little accents of gold places. She glanced out the window and saw that people were walking up and down the street, she supposed it was because it was such a nice day, all talking and looking excited. Emily grinned and looked at Joseph, "I'm so glad we are together, were we can go out and do things together like go out to breakfast" She said and reached out to hold his hand over the table.

Joseph grinned, "I am too." He said, and raised her hand to kiss it. When a waitress came, he ordered her french toast and an omelette for himself, with two glasses of juice. He loved the idea of spending the day with her, and thought of nothing that could beat it. He also wondered if he was ready to propose, it was something he thought about often, especially afte their two year anniversary. He never really had the courage to do it. He'd hate himself if he accidentally pressured Emily into marriage. But the number one thought that always stopped him from doing so was, would it actually work out?

He was pretty positive that they had a healthy relationship, meaning they had their differences yet shared similarities as well, he even researched some psychology on the topic just to be absolutely correct. And she even managed to put up with him for two years, which he was thankful for tremendously. Yet he still couldn't shake out the worrisome feeling he got that he'd somehow screw up. He did this often, and wasn't quite sure as to why, but he guessed that the constant name-calling from his childhood helped a lot. He was pessimistic, and had low self-esteem, but he didn't want it affect this much of his life. So he finally decided the date. Hopefully, he wouldn't procrastinate it even more.

He was snapped back to reality when the waitress came, he thanked the woman and looked back at his girlfriend. "Once we finish shopping in the stores, do you want to go to an amusement park afterwards?" He asked.

Emily blushed when he kissed her hand. She glanced out the window, this time not to just people watch, but to day dream. She wondered about what her life and Josephs would be like in a few months. The baby was going to be a big change for them but Emily had hope. They had been together for two years already and sure they had fought before, what couple hadn't? but they hadn't in awhile, which made her happy. Some of her friends were already married, which Emily couldn't tell if she was jealous about, sure it meant that they were legally bonded, but they did everything a married couple did. She placed her hand on her stomach and sighed, her doctor had said it would probably be awhile before she started feeling anything which made her sad, she wanted to be able to feel the baby kick and hiccup and all the fun things that happened.

While thinking of the baby, Emily couldn't help but think about school, and work. She hadn't told her boss she was pregnant yet, or her teachers. She hadn't seen it as much of an issue but now that she was probably going to start getting bigger she would probably have to tell them. Her boss probably wouldn't care, he was an old italion guy who really only cared about the job being done by the end of the day. School, however was another issue. Emily had yet to figure out what exactly she was going to do, how much time she was going to take off, would she go back that semester. All of these things made her feel stressed so she closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

When she opened her eyes again, the waitress was there with their food. Just smelling it made her stomach growl and she smiled and said thank you to the waitress before digging in. "Mmm, this is good, hows yours?" She asked taking a sip of her juice.

@Akumulosis

As much as Antonio liked the company of Sarah, it was not his intention to cause any sort of pain. He watched outwardly as she went through the effort of sitting in a nearby chair. An uncomfortable revelation started to dawn on the man. There was no way Antonio could back out of socializing with this girl, that much was true. But if he actually thought of starting a relationship, then what about the child? Antonio felt unsure if he could provide any kind of care for even a single person, let alone two. He looked back at Sarah still sitting in the chair. She had a tranquil look on her face that looked rather cute. Antonio turned around and shook his head, just to send himself back into reality. He listened closely to Sarah's request. A quick nod came in response, and Antonio walked over to the store salesclerk to pay for those three books. It was slightly embarrassing to buy them, especially the more adult one. The employee handed Antonio his change with a slight look of jealousy. Attorneys worked hard to remain economically independent after all. He walked back to Sarah and stood patiently, quietly looking at some other random books off a shelf as she rested. "I'll hold onto these books if you need me to, and it will be my pleasure to wait until you're ready to go." he said politely.

Joseph took a bite of his own meal and nodded his head in agreement, "It's great." He replied, but noticed she kind of of dazed before as well. He was kind of worried but decided it was best to just leave the situation be. Sometimes people just needed privacy. He wasn't offended by Things like these either, and easily brushed it off. So instead of asking wether she was okay or not, he asked his previous question: "Do you want to go to an amusement park after shopping?" He wanted to spend a bit more time with her before going back to school.

But before he began to worry about that, he decided to focus back to his meal. The omlette truly was delicious, certainly better than what he could make but didn't have that certain touch that Emily's had. He didn't say any of that out load, mostly because it was quite obviously rude and it was just his taste. It was very common for people prefer their loved one's cooking more than anything else.

She agreed to go out for ice cream and it made him smile on the inside, he had made the right choice again. He grabbed back onto her wrist's and helped lift her off the couch to her feet so that they could get changed and be ready to go. Once he helped her stand up he kissed her again, his hand running along her cheeks until he pulled back looking into her eyes " I'm going to go change now, since i smell like...a wet dog" he walked around the couch stretching his arms into the air. Which ended up with him pulling his shirt all the way off his body and putting his shirt over his shoulder, He walked up the steps and into the bathroom where he did what he needed to freshen up enough to go get some ice cream and walk. Walking out the bathroom and into the bedroom, he put on his usual attire. A white shirt and black pants, the most simplistic of outfits yet it worked so well when he put his black hoodie on over it. Once done he returned downstairs to collect the keys and start the car with the remote start button, he opened the fridge and stared at it blank expression and felt insulted when it seemed so full yet so empty. He frowned and closed it and shouted from the kitchen. " Car is warming up! we must get ice cream! if its the last thing we do! " " TO THE BATMOBILE!!!!" He ranted through the house like a kid. @Minamoto Thunder

@Legens Legentis

Sarah looked up at the man in thanks. It was difficult to go somewhere if she had to rest every 15 minutes...and it was supposed to get worse. She couldn't even imagine there being anymore rest stop...She slowly got up, and took the books that she had wanted to get.She didn't want to seem rude, but she didn't want to seem like she couldn't do anything either. So she took the books from him, even though he had offered. "Sorry...Bloody weight is killing me." She told him. "You don't need to carry my books...I think that I can handle it." She said, giving him a small smile before walking out of the store. She looked back and waited for him to come out before continuing. She really did hope she wasn't causing him any strife with having to wait for her.

She agreed to go out for ice cream and it made him smile on the inside, he had made the right choice again. He grabbed back onto her wrist's and helped lift her off the couch to her feet so that they could get changed and be ready to go. Once he helped her stand up he kissed her again, his hand running along her cheeks until he pulled back looking into her eyes " I'm going to go change now, since i smell like...a wet dog" he walked around the couch stretching his arms into the air. Which ended up with him pulling his shirt all the way off his body and putting his shirt over his shoulder, He walked up the steps and into the bathroom where he did what he needed to freshen up enough to go get some ice cream and walk. Walking out the bathroom and into the bedroom, he put on his usual attire. A white shirt and black pants, the most simplistic of outfits yet it worked so well when he put his black hoodie on over it. Once done he returned downstairs to collect the keys and start the car with the remote start button, he opened the fridge and stared at it blank expression and felt insulted when it seemed so full yet so empty. He frowned and closed it and shouted from the kitchen. " Car is warming up! we must get ice cream! if its the last thing we do! " " TO THE BATMOBILE!!!!" He ranted through the house like a kid. @Minamoto Thunder
While grabbing a change of clothes, Ashley just put on a black cocktail dress. She had taken a shower before Julian came back home from whatever he was attending too. Since it was a bit cold outside, she grabbed a red cardigan to keep herself warm. Besides that, it was just her stockings and a pair of black boots. She needed some room every now and then since her ankles would swell up. When Julian ranted like a kid through their lovely home, Ashley couldn't help but smile. Due to the change in gravity and the size of her belly, Ashley couldn't exactly jog anymore, let alone run. As soon as they got in the car, she put on her seatbelt. Afterwards, she relaxed herself.

Emily nodded "Yeah sure, i think that would be fun" She said smiling, she couldn't wait to spend all day with Joseph, she felt like it would finally be a day to relax rather then have to worry about things. She took another bite of the french toast, it was great. She would be sure to let her boss know that the food was as good as the rumors said. She took a drink of her juice and placed it back down. She liked cooking as a hobby, it was fun to concoct new recipes and cooking for others made her happy. Though being served good was just as good for her, it meant less work. "So how have the kids you work with been? You know, our child could end being taught by you" She said with a grin.

@Akumulosis

Sarah walked out of the bookstore with impressive haste, carrying the books which Antonio had bought only an instant ago. Her smile struck him and he was quick to return one as he walked out the store behind her. In the parking lot was his blue corvette. It shined brightly in the ray of the sunlight, just as Antonio's company did. Unlocking his car with the keys that seemed to ruin his Sunday morning, Antonio was quick to open the passenger door for Sarah. He knew that she probably wanted to do things herself, yet it seemed far worse to let someone so kind to go through any difficulty. Antonio's lawyer logic seeped into his conscious again while he got the car started. The conclusion he came to could only be thrown out as absurd.

"So, have you gone to this diner before? I can't say with any certainty that I have..." he asked Sarah with naivete.

In the space from which he waited for a reply, Antonio's previous conclusion sank back into his mind. This woman had a higher chance of being single as every second went by. Most taken women would be quick to reject any offer for coffee and a chat. If this was true, then Sarah must now be the bravest woman Antonio had ever met. The task of raising a child these days, especially without someone to help, had to be the hardest thing in the world. Antonio began to feel... different. He didn't want to pressure her into dating, as that would probably add to her worries. If all went well, then Antonio could try his best to keep her friendship. Looking back to her, as well as the child she was carrying, Antonio was put into amore (affection in Italian) and he smiled warmly to her.

Last edited:
Joseph wondered about what she said: "They're wonderful! Though they can also be evil in their own way." He replied to Emily's previous question. "I never actually thought of that situation before." He admitted, and now that he realized it, he couldn't wait to earn his degree even more. His dream was to become a professor one day, but he also wanted to give more of his time to his family as well. He later concluded that he could be patient, and just focus on his current goal, not ever wanting to be over ambitious. "I would love to teach our child though!" He added.

For the first time today, he started looking at the bright sides of things. He could look after their child even if he was working, and since they'd be going to the same place, they would be able to cut down on gas expenses. He grinned at the thought, "You're getting me too excited!" He joked, finishing his eggs afterwards.

@Ravenbelle

Rick waited to see if the baby would even show the slightest interest in any of the names that Laurel and him had agreed. When Laurel told him that there was no activity he shook his head and said to Laurel's abdomen, "All right young lady, but I think you should know your mother and I went through a lot of trouble to narrow down to the four names we picked." He said in a "fatherly" voice, "So you better pick one of them." Rick shrugged his shoulders and said in his normal voice, "You know like before you turn 18. If that's okay with you?" Rick smiled and kissed Laurel's abdomen and said, "Love you little girl." The Nemo analogy made Rick smile and he said, "So amazing. You really are something else Laurel."

He stood back and realized Laurel was right about needing to eat. Rick's stomach was starting to growl as well. He had gotten up and re-read the "advice" Sylvia gave him, and then Rick called his dad since it was his turn to call on the weekend. During that time he hadn't had anything to eat, and the cup of coffee was not going to get him through the day. What the day looked like other than a trip to the bookstore really all depended on Laurel and how she felt. If she called it an early day that was fine with him, and if she wanted to stay out for a while that was okay too. Rick wanted to spend the day with her, and even if he worked on his manuscript while she slept Rick was okay with that. He wanted to just been in the same area with Laurel.

As he sat down to the meal Laurel had prepared for them and said, "Well far be it for me to keep my girls waiting." He took some of the toast that Laurel had made him and took a bite. Rick nodded and smiled and said, "Perfect as always." Rick saw his cup was empty and stood up and made another cup. While he was up he made Laurel a glass of apple juice and brought it to her. Rick placed it in front of her and said, "For you my dear one." Rick smiled and kissed Laurel on the forehead as he said, "Breakfast looks great. Now that we've gotten everything taken care of for the time being. Let's enjoy our time together."

As Rick was finishing up his breakfast he said, "I would like to know something. Even though we haven't decided on a first name, and the last name is pretty much a given..." Rick swallowed his last bites and once his mouth was cleared he asked, "I was wondering; what if for her middle name we gave her your mom's first name?"
@MST3K 4ever

Laurel grinned at Rick's endearing reprimand to their child. It was true that they had taken a long time to figure out those names, and plenty of trouble, no thanks to her messing with Laurel's hormones. But it was worth it and now that they were down to the final four, either one seemed just as great as the next. Though his switching voices were comical, she loved when he planted a sweet kiss on the baby. There really was a person in there and he was really talking to their daughter. telling her he loved her... It really is amazing. A miracle. Which is why she was trying so hard not to mess it up.

But now's not the time to worry. She kept smiling at her Rick between bites of her eggs and sips of her juice and milk. She adores forehead kisses, and well..any kiss from Rick. Though she had heard it countless times, it was still nice to hear that her breakfast was satisfying to her husband. She hoped that he never changed. He was her rock, her stable, sane half. No matter what their newborn would put them through, she wouldn't let it get between her and Rick. They would love and cherish every good moment and endure every bad. That's what marriage and parenthood is about. She just has trouble remembering it on her worst days of this pregnancy so far.

Today though, they would do as Rick said and enjoy their time together. She smiled and nodded before finishing up breakfast with him in a satisfied quiet. She loved little moments like this. It was a beautiful morning and everything seemed a little more optimistic. Once Laurel had her fill for both mother and daughter, she was about to stand to clean up, but Rick spoke up again and she granted him all eyes and ears (though she couldn't be sure about the tiny ones growing inside her). His question both surprised and warmed her. She had thought about that too, but didn't want to bring it up in case he wanted to put give her a middle name unrelated to their families. They had plenty of time to think about it, s she hadn't brought it up. She didn't expect him to ask that, but it brought a tiny smile to the corners of her lips.
"...Really?" She knew form her father's stories that he mother had been a wonderful soul and chose her daughter's life over her own, but it had been kind of lonely to grow up with this ghost memory of a mother she never got to meet. It would be a nice chance for her mom to live on through her child. "(First Name) Grace Burnett..." She mumbled wistfully, but she didn't want to seem to eager to make a big decision like that. "but..are you sure? Doesn't your mom want any representation there?" She wondered, moving her gaze to her abdomen, where she'd created a habit of rubbing and caressing the baby.

Reactions: MST3K 4ever
@Legens Legentis

Sarah gave him a small smile as he walked over to the...expensive looking car and opened up the door for her. He really didn't have to...but he insisted on constantly trying to help her out. She knew it wasn't a bad thing either, she could probably do herself some good by not doing all the things she was used to doing by herself. She just...didn't want to stay in the same place for so long. It seemed so...dull. She slowly got into the car, and shut the door. She really was coming with him because it would be nice to get some company...she only really got out when she met with the group of other pregnant girls, So it would be nice to get some company outside them. Not that they were bad company that is.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Akumulosis

Antonio's heart was pacing well-above what would normally be humanly possible. Once Sarah was in the car, he walked over to the driver's side and entered. His felt blood rise to this cheeks, and it felt as though every ounce of calm he had earned from years of courtroom cases was fading. The thought of having company was beyond comforting. Once Antonio had buckled in his seat belt, he started to drive towards the diner that was already within eyesight. For as little as he had heard about the establishment, Antonio was fairly positive that it would be a nice place to have a conversation. It had been years since he saw any of his other friends. Judging from their age at the time, Antonio made the guess that his old friends were probably still in college by now.

The road rolled under the wheels of the car with a smoothness that the attorney had never noticed before. Sarah sat beside him, looking very content. Antonio was tempted to switch on the radio, though he restrained. He had no idea of her tastes in music. Slowly the car came to a stop. He had parked very close to the diner's entrance, as he had with the library earlier.

"That practically took five minutes..." Antonio pointed out. Even from the inside of his car, he could smell the assortment of foods from within the diner. It made his mouth water. Stepping out of the car, Antonio opened Sarah's door again, and he held out a helping hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.