Powder blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charles his his face behinds book as she said that.
"My names charles..."

"Well its been a pleasure to meet you Charles, and I suggest some ice because that book is not helping a bruise." She spins around and walks out. She looks both ways, and goes in the opposite direction of her apartment. Coffee.

Charles gave a long sigh. " see you later," he said touching his bruise.

"There goes my career." Anna mumbles as she sips her hot beverage. She sighed. 9 million. It wouldn't matter anyway. No one was getting that money. That case was unwinnable. No one, but the other guys were getting money out of that case.

The next day, powder blue magazine company building was cheering and crying with joy. Nine million. Not nine million shared, but nine million each. The company printed more, which sold more. They were booming and charles was extremely shocked.

Anna smiled to herself, on her way to the firm that she assists at. Well, they deserved it. It was better someone else got it, because whoever cracked that, deserved it. She sat at her desk and her boss came by and gave her a sickly sweet smile. She wanted to barf.

Maxwell walked to Charles, telling him something through his right ear. He was invited to a bloc party at his apartment. "You can brig more people if you want." Maxwell was being weirdly kind. " even invite the girl... Anna, right?"
"Yeah, I'll come." Charles mumbled, unaware of his intentions.

Anna leaned back in her chair and ran her hand through her hair. She couldn't help but think about the case. She was reviewing facts and files in her head, and for some reason, she still couldn't come up with a solution. She laid her head down on her desk and closed her eyes. How the hell did they break that case?

Charles walked over to newspaper company. He ran over to Anna's desk, he knew something. "Anna, maxwell got the money for us. But I don't think he solved it." Charles knew maxwell cheated off something.

"He solved that case? Thats impossible, Maxwell is an idiot with anger issues." She mumbles putting her head in her hands, "That case was impossible. I read through it, I-I looked at it through every angle." SHe mumbles, disappointed in herself.

"I don't think he did. He did something." He hissed. "Something illegal, he stole some money. More than nine million for each co worker." Charles said leaning in close.

She lowered her voice, "He stole money?" she whispered harshly. She looked over at Charles, "Where di he get it from? That case didn't have that high of a payout." She mumbles trying to do the math in her head. There weren't too many employees at the magazine company but it still put the numbers in the billions.

"I don't know... He's involved in some weird groups." He whispered back. "The case isn't even closed, he told me that he knew some people to get him to pay it off."

"Its all wrong. I need those files." She looks up at Charles, before grabbing a piece of paper and taking a few notes of things she remembered from the case, "That file might have info in it that could be important to this, and I hate to ask this but can you get into Maxwells office?"

"Yeah! Don't worry!" He said, running to maxwells office and easily snaking the files out. " here... But keep it hidden"

She slips them into her book bag and nodded, "Not a problem." She stood up, "I guess I'll be reviewing case files for a very very long time." she smiles weakly. He mind was already in overdrive, running sequences and situations through it.

"You should be a lawyer," charles smiled as he watched her walk out.

She laughed. Anna wouldn't last as a lawyer. Those guys would eat her alive.

Charles gave a small sigh as he kept up with her. " I was wondering... We could talk this over at place to eat." He said nervously.

She smiled, "Sure. Got anywhere in mind?" She asked slowing down slightly, after she realized how fast she walked.

Status
Not open for further replies.