Powder blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
After he was done with the photos and interviews, he traveled to jus magazine company building, unfortunately next to the newspaper that the company had fits with.
"charles! What do you think of our cover?" One of his coworkers asked, showing the typical 60s type and color scheme. "Dull... Don't tell anyone I said that." He flatly said as he sat down, pulling his type writer out.

Anna picked her head up and screamed internally. She took the huge stack of papers out of her in-box and began reviewing stories about the latest fad in diets and clothes, and things people don't read in Newspapers. Anna groaned loudly, "Why can't people understand that newspapers are not magazines?" she asks throwing her hands up. She flipped through all the papers.

"Here you go!" Maxwell said cheerfully as he set down a bible thick stack of papers. Maxwell, that coworker that everyone wanted to punch repeatedly in the stomach.

Anna's jaw fell open and she glared up at Maxwell. There goes her chance to get a dance in tonight. She picks up the first story and reviews it. Some cupcake shop got shot up down on 43rd street. She made some marks on the page in pen, and stood up. She took the story over to one the writers and set it down, having a hushed conversation then sat back down. She looked at the stack, and sighed again.

Maxwell traveled to charles cubicle. " oh, and for you." He plopped down the thick stack of papers.

Anna spun in her chair to face one of the reporters and asked, "Hey did you manage to get anything on that charity story that came in?" The boy turned to look at her,
"Yeah, hoax." Anna groan and rolled her eyes. "Of course it was." she mumbled to herself. She shook her head and went back to reading through the stories, occasionally standing to give a hopefully real story to a reporter that was just spinning around and twiddling thumbs. Every now and then she'd lean back, glare at the ceiling, take a deep breath and focus in.

"I want you to take all these papers to the newspaper company for me. It's a file complaint." Maxwell smiled. "Why can't you do it?" Charles asked.
" eh..."
Charles sighed and walked to the newspaper company.

Annabelle was hard at work with her head face-down on her desk, hair sprawled out. One of the reporters poked her in the shoulder, and her hand jetted out to hit them in the stomach. She turned her head, "What?"
"Sorry Anna, but another stack of stories." The guy held out more paper. Annabelles face turned bright red with anger and she stood up, and went over to the tiny break room to take a breath. She actually wanted to throw the papers in the air and scream 'I quit.' but she needed this job. So she sat back down.

"I have a file of complaints in my hand! Who did it?" Charles held up the file in the air, basking in the newspaper company. " who ever wins this in court gets the money!"

Anna looked desperately at the clock and then went back to reading. She heard shouts erupt from the reporters and looked up to see that same guy, holding a file. She rolled her green eyes and finished the story she was looking at. Trash. She looked at the clock again. 7 pm. She was done. Work was over. And its only 7. Anna might actually make it to the Y tonight after all. She jumped from her seat and jumbled a mess of papers and stories together and shoved them into her bag. She tied up her hair and practically sprinted out the office door. She was in the lobby and quickly signed out.

"C'mon everybody, settle down!" He said surprised that everybody was trying to catch the paper. They all were desperate for money.

She turned and giggled at that poor guy getting swallowed up by the reporters. It was a tough job and they would do anything for money. She re-adjusted her back and left out the front doors.

"I choose! I choose!" He said and the crowd turned silent. " you... Over there." He said pointing the paper at her.

Anna was basically running down the street. She wanted to get back to her apartment, grab her bag and get to the Y before it was too late. She entered her building and took the steps two at a time. She walked in and threw her bookbag across the room and grabbed her gym bag.

"Hey!" Charles ran after her. He really wanted her to win this case, she seemed capable even without a lawyer.

She turned and came face to face with that guy again. "Give the case to someone else, I- I don't want it." She sighed looking up at him, "Please."

" this is a bigs case..." Charles let her walk a few distance away so he could think of what else to say. "If won its worth nine million dollars." The words spilt out by accident.

"Did you say Nine- nine million?" she stuttered spinning around, her eyes as big as saucers. Nine million? she could get a nice little house for that. She could start her very own studio. Or even better, have a studio in her nice little house. "You're kidding. They don't just give out big cases like that."

"Does it look like I care. If you win, the company doesn't get the money. You do. I don't want the money, I have my parents inheritance." Charles passed the paper to her.

She took the paper and stared at it, but looked up to narrow her eyes at him, "Why me? Why not just throw it to the dogs?"

Status
Not open for further replies.