Powder blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Of course." she smiles and turns towards him, "Any specific pizzeria?" She asks, quickly pulling her coat on and buttoning it up.

"Forgot the name but it's good I swear!" He smiled. Charles and her walked to the pizzeria, opening the door for her. Surprisingly it was the traditional and it smelt good. It was refreshing to smell good food after a log time of soda and cigarettes.

She took a deep breath as she walked in, smiling. "Funny. I haven't had pizza in years. Or soda for that matter. It smells so good." She laughs a little. She looked for a good place to sit. Away from the other patrons so no one overheard them talking about the case.

"Alright what do you have?" He asked while sitting himself down.

"Well its not much, but when reviewing these things, there is literally no way that this case, or any variation of this case would pay out in the amount of money for each employee in the magazine company to get 9 million, its just not a big enough claim." She mumbles pulling the file out and setting it in front of her on the table.

He lite up a cigarette while he waited for the food to come. " besides... He wouldn't give out that case easily. Unnecessary complaint and a pay off too expensive."

"See thats the thing, it was unnecessary. Nine million sure is a lot of money with just an everyday complaint. The paper gets these little cases all the time. It isn't anything special. But for some reason, this one had a huge payout. It just doesn't make any sense. Thats why I gave it up. Nothing matched up. Impossible." She says taking a sip of the Coca Cola that was set in front of her. "Did you ever read through it?"

"I did.. At the time I didn't care. Not one bit." He said, taking a long drag. "But I was still messed up about it. "

"So, because you work with Maxwell longer than I have, might you have any idea where he got enough money to pay all you guys nine mill and some change?" She asked taking another long sip.

"He ...I don't know." Charles mumbled sadly.

She sighs, "Well, then we're gonna have to talk to some of the people involved in this case. Surely not Maxwell is the highest up at the company?" She asks taking a bite of her pineapple pizza.

"Trust me, he's just not into a magazine company. He sells more than that." He said, taking a bite out of his pizza.

"But what?" Anna asked herself more than anyone else. She took another bite, and sipped her drink. She stared down at the papers and rubbed her temples. Impossible, she repeated to herself in her head, over and over again. She closed the file, placing her palm on it flat. This case was showing to be a bigger burden than ever before.

He leaned in closer, like he was about to share something sinister. " it's drug money, and the spare change is from brothels." Charles harshly whispered. " I swear; it's not rumors! He told me face to face."

"Well I knew it was dirty money but thats just horrible." Anna mumbles sticking out her tongue. "So why did he decide to pay all of you guys? Why not keep it?"

"I don't know... He wouldn't do it out of kindness." He said.
"Maxwell told me that he placed a bet. The bet was simple; whoever could skyrocket there company first, they didn't die. Now, your boss is going to die tonight." He said calmly. " snipers are easy to find." He laughed.

"Well, I don't want him to die, but the man is a pig."She mumbles sticking her tongue out. "And unfortunately that means I'll be out of a job." Anna dropped her head, "How's the job market?"

"Good, it's swell." He said, still feeling bad about her job.

"Well that's good. I'll at least be able to apply a few places then." She smiled and took another drink, emptying the glass. She took a deep breath and pushed the file towards him. "I guess thats all we need to know right?"

Status
Not open for further replies.