POTW: Do you wear glasses?

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Do you wear glasses?

• I sure do

Votes: 73 74.5%
  • No, I use contacts

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • No, my eyes are perfect

Votes: 13 13.3%
  • No, but I totally need them

Votes: 7 7.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
giphy.gif

• Love
Reactions: Fluffy
I have near perfect vision - I wear glasses for when I'm concentrating on both long and short distances. I nearly never do though.

I'm farsighted and have a slight astigmatism in both eyes, I wanna start wearing contacts though!
2015-05-29 15.50.27.jpg

• Love
I know the first line of the eye text chart is a giant "E", but I can't see it. That is how terrible my vision is.

Same.

Glasses are pretty much a must for me. I do also have contacts, though, but I usually only wear them for cosplays (and by that, I don't mean that I have colored contacts or w/e, I just have regular, prescription lenses for whatever cosplays work better without my glasses on (which is most of them)). I prefer to use my glasses most days, though. Lower-maintenance and just more comfortable overall.

My vision is atrocious... Anything that's beyond about 6 inches from the tip of my nose, I literally cannot tell what it is. Thank god for contacts.

Worn contacts since I was a kid. Would've undergone laser treatment by now, but it seems my type of astigmatism doesn't fall under the treatable conditions just jet...

Worn contacts since I was a kid. Would've undergone laser treatment by now, but it seems my type of astigmatism doesn't fall under the treatable conditions just jet...
Dang :c

@Hana I like how I noticed your nails first lol ; ;

Don't wear glasses, but I probably will end up getting them with my lifestyle = ___ =. I would prefer them over contacts any time, the idea of putting something in my eye is eugh.

@Hana I like how I noticed your nails first lol ; ;

Don't wear glasses, but I probably will end up getting them with my lifestyle = ___ =. I would prefer them over contacts any time, the idea of putting something in my eye is eugh.

Lol the nails were from Saturday, my normal nail work suxx.

Yep, contacts are pretty scary when you think about putting stuff in your eyes O.O I want to get laser eye surgery, but maybe in a few years.

• Love
Reactions: Mu
I myself have worn glasses since 3rd grade, if I remember right. My right eye has an astigmatism and I am nearsighted. The glasses also helps focus my eyes when I'm in front of televisions or computers. I don't remember the reason for it, I just remember my eye doctor once saying I struggle to read screens without help. Maybe has to do with my sensitivity to light.

I can't imagine *not* having glasses. Admittedly, they're a security thing too. I don't like my whole face being exposed for silly self-esteem reasons. I stopped wearing long hair for me to hide behind, so I use the spectacles instead.

Reactions: Mu
BXXE6Nd.jpg

sVOSxME.jpg

Yep. I read too much and had to get my eyes checked four or five years back.

Gonna try contacts soon though.

This is just an excuse to show off your nails, isn't it? I mean... come on.

I've worn glasses since the first grade. owo; To be honest, they embarrassed me at first so I'd only wear them in class and when I absolutely had too. Due to this, it strengthened my vision and second and half of third grade, there was no need for them anymore. Though my vision started to lack again, and I got to the point where I didn't care what people thought about my glasses because I liked the fact that I could see better. So I wore them constantly as I do now, which in the grand scheme of things was the ultimate reason why my vision is so horrid as of current. I'm near-sighted, and yeah. Over the past few years my vision has gotten worse and worse and it's kind of bumming. But, on the bright side of things, I actually really like the way I look with glasses.

Contacts are a no. I'm too squeamish. I can't stick something onto my eye. o___o Besides, glasses aren't all that bad. I hardly notice they're there most the time.

Reactions: Fluffy and Mu
This is just an excuse to show off your nails, isn't it? I mean... come on.
Lol maybe XD I'll admit that I like showing off my hands even with no fancy nail polish :P I think nice hands are attractive. But that's already off topic ;)

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Status
Not open for further replies.