Pokemon Sun and Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another juicy rumor going on :oo

Apparently some guy has been digging around in Japanese Pokemon website and found some information on the typing of the starter's final evolutions.

Litten's final evolution might be Fire/Ground - probably related to Hawaiian volcanoes
And Popplio's final evolution might be Water/Fighting - which is pretty unusual.

There's not a lot of fire/ground, so I really wouldn't be mad if that was Litten :P
Eh. There are enough "leaks" surrounding games like these that I'm going to interpret all of it as pure speculation until I see any proof that it's legit. :P

Reactions: Cosmic Fey and Mu
I just want a fire/water pokemon that isn't event locked.

dem legends.​

The new designs look kinda weird xD. Seven new buddies:

So, like I did with X and Y and Omega and Alpha I will DEFINITELY buy BOTH games. Because I need every Pokemon to have in my collection because I am the best Pokemon collector EVAR!! I'm so excited, these look so awesome!
Oh and Zygrade isn't new. I have one from Pokemon Y

Last edited:
The new designs look kinda weird xD. Seven new buddies:

The first one definitely looks Hawaiian-themed. It's cool-looking I guess.

!! Square bug looks cute!! And it evolves into triangle beetle, which also looks nice.

o.o The dragon is... interesting. I kinda like it, though.

Pink fish is... ehhh... O_o

*gasp* Bird bug!!! I want to hug it and make it my friend!!! :O

Quillachu!! I suppose if every generation really needs to have a Pikachu clone, I'm glad we got a cute one like this. :3 (And really self-aware, too, judging by the awkward little Pikachu tail tacked onto the end. XD ) ALSO, who else is really hoping that its shiny palette is blue... so that we can have a canon Sonichu.... O_O

Oh and, Zorro form Zygarde looks kinda nice. There's some obvious references to Xerneas and Yveltal going on with those red and blue... things on its sides, which hopefully can be taken as another clue that Sun and Moon might be dual-region... OwO

Hmm, now that you say that, Kaga. I remember the one hiker in Y that showed a mask and said something along the lines of "this is from my region, you'll be able to visit it soon" It looked really Hawaiian now that I think back on it.
kqKbljd.jpg

Looks awfully like a Tiki head to me

Last edited:
*See's the new pokemon designs*

harry-potter-shrug.gif

so many new electric types

I don't mind most of them (in fact I really like the first electric/fairy thing and the weird metal bug) but some of them... what the heck is up with that fish and that normal/dragon thing. So strange.

tumblr_mdcauvtOL91qi39yio1_500.jpg

Needless to say I'm very excited to pick up Pokemon Sun. So far most of the new lil' critters are appealing, aside from that fish abomination. If Jumpluff weren't already my spirit animal, it'd be Rowlet.

I just realized that the ugly fish is no doubt inspired by my favourite fish, the humuhumunukunukuapua'a (or reef triggerfish) which is Hawaii's state fish. I was totally obsessed with this thing when I was little. It was in a book about Hawaii my aunt bought me and I'd read it over and over and over just to see the fish and say its name.

I don't dislike it as much now.

Reactions: Kagayours
I just realized that the ugly fish is no doubt inspired by my favourite fish, the humuhumunukunukuapua'a (or reef triggerfish) which is Hawaii's state fish. I was totally obsessed with this thing when I was little. It was in a book about Hawaii my aunt bought me and I'd read it over and over and over just to see the fish and say its name.

I don't dislike it as much now.
With a name like that I can see why they called it the triggerfish.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum

MORE POKEMON!

Mimikyu... is the cutest...

"The rising popularity of Pikachu-styled merchandise around 20 years ago is the reason that Mimikyu makes itself look like Pikachu. In fact, this Pokémon is dreadfully lonely, and it thought it would be able to make friends with humans if only it looked like Pikachu."

;~; Poor baby. The poorest baby, though, definitely goes to Bounsweet:

"Bounsweet's scent has a calming effect on humans, so many people let them live inside their homes as a sort of air freshener. Unfortunately, it's sometimes swallowed whole by Pokémon drawn to its aroma."

D:

"When running away from other Pokémon, Bounsweet flees danger by skipping along the ground. Since its bouncy movements don't convey to others that it's actually in desperate flight, no one ever comes to its aid."

DDDD: I'm going to catch every Bounsweet I find just to protect them. Oh god.

Reactions: Mu
Exeggutor's new form is fucking horrifying and I hate it

Vulpix/Ninetales and Sandshrew/Sandslash though... *_* Yes pls

The more information is released for this game the more hyped I get (even though I told myself I wasn't going to look at spoilers)! I'm loving the idea of calling on 'ride' Pokemon -- I really hope this means I don't have to have a Fly slave on my team. I hate Fly. It's almost as bad as Cut.

Ok but... Gumshoos... holy shit.

I remember when they first revealed Yungoos, and people were comparing it to Donald Trump. And like... while I could see the resemblance, I assumed that the similarities weren't intentional...

But now that I've seen Gumshoos... uh... I dunno, man. If Gamefreak said it was based off of Donald Trump, I'd certainly believe them. @_@

Status
Not open for further replies.