Pokemon Sun and Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also

tumblr_o6yxx5v74v1qhaj56o1_1280.jpg

It wasn't until I saw this that the impressiveness of the graphics really hit me. owo

All the starters are adorable. I'm going to have a hard time choosing when the time comes, although I know I'll probably end up choosing Popplio or Litten (and oh my gooodddd a fire cat) for my first play through because (except for Gen 1 where I picked Bulbasaur) I always go for Water or Fire first.

Personally, I like the look of the legendaries. I hope the stories for them are interesting

...the only thing I don't like is the female trainer's gawd awful fugly hat. What the hell is that? It looks like a freaking chicken head. lol. But thankfully there appears to be evidence of trainer customization so the first thing I'll do when I load up my new game file is get rid of that shit. =w= haha.
This is actually the reason I have issues trying to beat Aqua Sapphire. After having such customization in X and Y I became insanely bitter about losing it. :/

• Thank You
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
This is actually the reason I have issues trying to beat Aqua Sapphire. After having such customization in X and Y I became insanely bitter about losing it. :/

Same! It took me an extra year to beat ORAS because I was irritated about customization being gone. lol.

Gimme some screenshots of the Psuedo Legendary and the 3 stage Dragon type, Gamefreak and then we will talk if I'm hype.

Those legendaries look awesome. The owl and fire kitten are pretty cool starters, fuck that dumb as fuck water type, gimme me a Reptile Water Type Starter please >_<.

Same! It took me an extra year to beat ORAS because I was irritated about customization being gone. lol.
I just can't go back to there NOT being a wardrobe feature after having been given the option to customize the trainer. ;A;

Like, I've had people defend the move by basically saying "If Nintendo carried over every good feature from older games they'd flood it and the new one's wouldn't get proper attention".
But... I feel like that's a bit of a shitty business model to purposely take features out in order to have another feature show. I mean, if the new thing it's ok people will still notice it.
Aaaand I'm getting off topic (kind of, I'm still on pokemon so maybe not).

Point is trainer customization is vital for me to consider grabbing another pokemon game now.

I just can't go back to there NOT being a wardrobe feature after having been given the option to customize the trainer. ;A;

Like, I've had people defend the move by basically saying "If Nintendo carried over every good feature from older games they'd flood it and the new one's wouldn't get proper attention".
But... I feel like that's a bit of a shitty business model to purposely take features out in order to have another feature show. I mean, if the new thing it's ok people will still notice it.
Aaaand I'm getting off topic (kind of, I'm still on pokemon so maybe not).

Point is trainer customization is vital for me to consider grabbing another pokemon game now.
I dunno, man, like, I totally get what you're saying about carrying features into new games, but... I just don't see trainer customization as being such a good feature that it would completely make-or-break the next Pokemon game. @_@

Like... not having customization would be disappointing, but, I'll still get the game... cuz it still has 99% of what makes Pokemon enjoyable for me. @_@

I dunno, man, like, I totally get what you're saying about carrying features into new games, but... I just don't see trainer customization as being such a good feature that it would completely make-or-break the next Pokemon game. @_@

Like... not having customization would be disappointing, but, I'll still get the game... cuz it still has 99% of what makes Pokemon enjoyable for me. @_@
I get WAY to into making my own trainer, trying to make myself the trainer. :/
So when it's gone? Well, then I'm left looking at Generic Trainer #04 which saps a lot once you know what you're missing.

That being said, I 'might' overlook it if the future games add something huge...
But I can't think really think of a single gameplay change that ORAS had over X/Y that wasn't from ignoring Original Ruby/Sapphire features... So it wasn't even new stuff we lost it for, but stuff Nintendo should have kept for a while now but didn't. :/

Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
ba9057fb78ae8707a9080310579e60bb.jpg

You mean there's other starters other than a dapper as fuck owl?

I get WAY to into making my own trainer, trying to make myself the trainer. :/
So when it's gone? Well, then I'm left looking at Generic Trainer #04 which saps a lot once you know what you're missing.

That being said, I 'might' overlook it if the future games add something huge...
But I can't think really think of a single gameplay change that ORAS had over X/Y that wasn't from ignoring Original Ruby/Sapphire features... So it wasn't even new stuff we lost it for, but stuff Nintendo should have kept for a while now but didn't. :/
Eh... I'm not saying I'd agree with the decision to remove customization, it's just... I didn't think anyone would get that into it that literally everything else about Pokemon suddenly means nothing and the new games aren't worth it. >_>

I mean... you can have your opinion, man, but, like... I'm just shocked that one feature could mean so much.

I mean I probably sound rude now though so feel free to ignore me.

Eh... I'm not saying I'd agree with the decision to remove customization, it's just... I didn't think anyone would get that into it that literally everything else about Pokemon suddenly means nothing and the new games aren't worth it. >_>
Well when the new games don't really add any new features... yea.

This usually doesn't come up, cause newer game = more stuff, so naturally people gravitate to the new games.
But if it's the older game with more to do? I'm sticking with the older one.

@Gwazi Magnum @Kaga-kun

It wouldn't break the game if customization was gone, the games will always be fun without it, but taking it away is a step backwards since there isn't a feature that could really replace it. Like how they removed pokémon following behind you, but eventually replaced it with pokémon amie. It didn't feel like a step backwards since they put something in to fill its spot. But customizing isn't really something that can replaced with something else. That's how I feel, at least. lol

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum

This usually doesn't come up, cause newer game = more stuff, so naturally people gravitate to the new games.
@_@ Well if that was the case then you'd have a point.

But that's not what we're talking about. You're saying that one feature -- namely, trainer customization -- is the one thing that will determine whether or not you're getting this game, if I'm hearing you correctly.

Like... I'm sure they'll have new stuff. It's Gen VII. It isn't even fair to compare it to the difference between X/Y and ORAS, because those were all Gen VI games. I can guarantee that the Gen VII games will have new features that the Gen VI games didn't have. They may not have every feature that those old games had -- as there are plenty of great features in older games that I don't understand why they got left behind -- but... they're still going to have plenty of new stuff. It would be stupid to not do anything new. And since when was the last time that we saw the debut games of a new generation not offering a single new thing??? I could point to any game that was the debut of its generation and list plenty of things it had that the previous generation of games didn't.

I'm just shocked at the idea of, "If there's no trainer customization then I'm not playing". If you really like trainer customization that much then that's your opinion. I'm just surprised that you like it that much that outweighs everything else that the new games could possibly offer.

@Gwazi Magnum @Kaga-kun

It wouldn't break the game if customization was gone, the games will always be fun without it, but taking it away is a step backwards since there isn't a feature that could really replace it. Like how they removed pokémon following behind you, but eventually replaced it with pokémon amie. It didn't feel like a step backwards since they put something in to fill its spot. But customizing isn't really something that can replaced with something else. That's how I feel, at least. lol
Eh. While I do totally miss having Pokemon follow behind you, I do really like Amie, and I feel like the two really aren't comparable. I don't even see Amie as a replacement for Pokemon following behind you, it's just... it's own thing. A different thing, and one that I like for different reasons, but... yeah.

Anyway, I still don't see how customization is such a good thing that nothing can replace it and any new game that doesn't have that feature will be seen as a step backwards. Like, is it easy to create a replacement for customization that would deliver the same sort of feel? No, so I get where you're coming from there. But, is it so good that not any new features could make up for it? Eh... that's where I disagree.

I don't know what sort of new features Gen VII will have, but, I can guarantee there'll be plenty... so, even if there's no customization, it'll be more than worth buying it in my eyes.

trainer customization -- is the one thing that will determine whether or not you're getting this game
But I can't think really think of a single gameplay change that ORAS had over X/Y that wasn't from ignoring Original Ruby/Sapphire features...
Do I need to up the ante of the Fantasyball Kaga? >.<
(Inside joke for those lost)

Eh. While I do totally miss having Pokemon follow behind you, I do really like Amie, and I feel like the two really aren't comparable. I don't even see Amie as a replacement for Pokemon following behind you, it's just... it's own thing. A different thing, and one that I like for different reasons, but... yeah.

Anyway, I still don't see how customization is such a good thing that nothing can replace it and any new game that doesn't have that feature will be seen as a step backwards. Like, is it easy to create a replacement for customization that would deliver the same sort of feel? No, so I get where you're coming from there. But, is it so good that not any new features could make up for it? Eh... that's where I disagree.

I don't know what sort of new features Gen VII will have, but, I can guarantee there'll be plenty... so, even if there's no customization, it'll be more than worth buying it in my eyes.

They're comparable because you're interacting with your Pokemon in some way. At least in my opinion. lol. So I was saying I don't see how anything could even related to customization in that sort of way.

But yeah, like you said, there will be a plethora of features so I will definitely get it. I love Pokemon. <3

Although, I still think the female trainer's hat is ugly as hell and if there is no customization for me to get rid of it I'll probably play as the male trainer. It looks like a chicken head. XD

Do I need to up the ante of the Fantasyball Kaga? >.<
(Inside joke for those lost)
^ You clearly stated that the new games would need to have trainer customization for you to consider buying them.

AND THEN

You said that it's a case of "well if the new games don't have anything new then what's the point?" when they'll definitely have new stuff... we just don't know what it is yet...

And the point still remains that you explicitly said "trainer customization is vital for me to consider grabbing another pokemon game now".

And even though you said you'd overlook that if there was "something huge", well... that implies that there'd need to be some sort of massive, revolutionary new thing that would make the game worth it, as opposed to there being, more likely, a bunch of smaller new features... And either way, it basically says "trainer customization is so good that Sun/Moon would need to do something amazing to make up for the lack of it if it isn't present", which is still pretty close to your earlier "trainer customization is vital for me to get the game" sentiment.

And then you said that you didn't think any new features in ORAS made up for the ones that didn't carry over from X/Y -- which is why I emphasized that comparing two games of the same generation is a completely different thing, and that Sun/Moon are bound to have plenty of features that neither X/Y nor ORAS had because then you're comparing Gen VII to Gen VI.

I also have no idea what Fantasyball has to do with the conversation at hand.

Although, I still think the female trainer's hat is ugly as hell and if there is no customization for me to get rid of it I'll probably play as the male trainer.
Well, nothing wrong with that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I for one never felt a super-strong attachment to the gender of protagonists in these kind of games, anyway. The only reason I often choose a female protagonist if one is offered is because there's no advantage to playing as either of them -- so I might as well just go with the female one. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.