Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Crescent Legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
well that's exactly how i saw him so far so you certainly do a good job in my book xD

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
well that's exactly how i saw him so far so you certainly do a good job in my book xD
Thanks. I actually put a little thought into him based on the build of our group.

The way I see it, Saltire, Vee, and Ziganator serve physical roles, while Tasha, Circe, and Ludwik are more special-based. While the former can hold themselves in a brawl without as many uses of their moves, the latter has to rely on their moves more due to being less physically capable. Due to their body builds, or just limitations. (Circe's size and Tasha's tiny limbs serving as great examples compared to Zig's bulky build and Vee's general type and what I'd assume to be fighting style of punching shit in the face until it doesn't stand up anymore.)

Tasha, Circe, and Ludwik also make up for their lack of physical ability through the skills each of them have. Ludwik's high intelligence, Circe's skill at detecting threats, and Tasha's hiking experience. I dunno about Vera, but the only mountain where Desmond's from is a volcano, and he doesn't have the balls to just go climbing that. Especially since he can't, since most of it is the Mt. Battle facility anyways, which is only for expert trainers.

That's just me thinking too much into this, though.

Guess I'm just a little slow then. :P

Love the analysis, though!

• Thank You
Heh, thanks.

If someone is wondering what Ludwik's problem in being a more physical fighter is, it's more emotional than anything. He doesn't even want to hurt a Pokemon unless it moves on him first to begin with, and as he can come off as a bit of a pushover, he's generally just not up to it unless someone hurts his friends. Which then activates nerd rage.

/inb4 someone else does it

Just another thing, when do our characters meet? It is limited how much text one can fit into walking through the forest, looking for "... a Whatever."

Just another thing, when do our characters meet? It is limited how much text one can fit into walking through the forest, looking for "... a Whatever."
We'll be running into each-other, I assure you.

I'll just say there's going to be more of an 'at the moment' issue that'll end up grouping them together. There'll be some details in my next post.

Woo, we're being attacked. Is that according to plan?

• Love
So I'm just gonna do this. Don't stop me.

Tasha would in theory be super effective towards them, if she'd be able to use Powder snow.

Vee attacks for neutral damage, since the Dark weakness and Flying resistance weighs out eachother.

Ludwik also attacks for neutral damage.

Ziganator I'd assume is using Normal-type moves, with neutral damage.

Circe is mostly powerless, as they're immune to Psychic-type moves.

Saltire is ineffective, following Flying's resistance to Grass, but neutral if he relies on Tackle.

So I'm just gonna do this. Don't stop me.
STOP.

RADDI TYME.

While resistances are resistances, we're in a roleplay here with mostly open ability to pull off things our (these days) shite anime refuses to half the time.

Vine Whip could be used to grab them, either holding them in place momentarily until they peck free, or he could slam them into something.

And even though I did just call the anime shite, it's use of confusion gifts Circe with the ability to use her psychic powers, though still rather weak, to momentarily stop them in place, or shift them to the side. (Or, y'know, confuse them.) The psychic force of the move wouldn't be as effective, but it can still be used offensively.

I enjoy freedom with a dose with freedom. Feel free to berate me, I'm just letting you guys know I'm open minded as to not let anyone get totally screwed over at any point.

posted, i know you guys have said it's ok to do stuff with zignator and saltire but i just feel scared too >.<
I never like controlling other people's characters i'm always afraid i'll do something wrong with theme so sorry for putting the extra onto you guys

Reactions: The Great Papyrus
posted, i know you guys have said it's ok to do stuff with zignator and saltire but i just feel scared too >.<
I never like controlling other people's characters i'm always afraid i'll do something wrong with theme so sorry for putting the extra onto you guys
Gives me more content for my posts, so I don't mind.

But...

CIRCE GETS IT!

SHE UNDERSTANDS MY USE OF CONFUSION!

I LOVE HER

Brock.gif

lol well what you said is accurate to how confusion has been portrayed in both the show and the mystery dungeon world (a scene in one of the first ones showed Gengar using confusion to move a boulder to block a cave) so you're right, confusion is the same as psychic (which itself is primarily strong telekinesis), just weaker and with a decent chance to confuse

• Thank You
Meh. My analysis was just for fun anyways. Feel free to apply anime logic as much as you wish.

Confusion... Well, confused me in the anime. I've never looked at it as a weaker Telekinesis (along with Psychic), but if it floats your boat, then no problem!

Confusion is a confusing confuzzle of an attack that causes confusion for everyone involved. Rip.

Wally isn't only adorable, he's extremely badass. While your rival wimps out and gives up halfway through the game, Wally continues on and makes himself a much bigger force than May/Brendan could have ever been.

Status
Not open for further replies.