Pokemon Go is out now!!!

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought it was based on newest first with the eggs. But that's just me XD
Yeah, I've already ruled that out, though. When I get a new egg, I have to skim my whole egg list to see if it's anything other than a 5k (since my list is filled with 5k's by default), and they definitely don't always show up at the top.

At Comiket 90, saw these cosplayers:

13909298_10153636210376331_7261128701934264944_o.jpg

On a gaming note, the gym at Tokyo Big Sight was constantly changing color while I was there... blue to red to yellow, etc, every time I checked.
IS THAT GUY COSPLAYING A POKESTOP?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Poe Dameron
I have two new theories about the egg list thing:
  1. It really is completely random, and any perceived pattern in the list was merely that -- a perceived pattern.
  2. There's supposed to be a consistent order that the eggs are listed in, but it's glitched.
My reasoning for this? The egg order significantly changes whenever you receive a new egg from a pokestop, or you put an egg into an incubator -- and I mean beyond the obvious ways that such things would change the egg order. I noticed this when I was keeping track of a 2k egg that I had among a list of 5k eggs. At first, the 2k egg was 2nd-highest on the list (not counting the ones in incubators, of course). Then, when I received an egg at a pokestop, the 2k egg jumped to the top of the list (and it wasn't a new 2k egg, either, as it was still the only 2k egg I had). And then, when I placed another 5k egg into an incubator, the 2k egg was suddenly third down on the list.

Sooo, either it's totally random, and receiving new eggs/putting eggs into incubators re-randomizes the order, OR, there's supposed to be an order to them, but there's some sort of glitch happening that causes the acquisition/incubation of new eggs to mess with the ordering. In either case, that effectively means that it's basically impossible to predict what will hatch out of an egg based on its ordering.

So, uh, this investigation didn't amount to much. o_o" Oh well.

ALSO, it could just be my imagination, but I think that the glitch about pidgeys/weedles/etc being hard to catch has been fixed. They sure seem like they've gone back to being easy-to-catch recently.

ALSO, it could just be my imagination, but I think that the glitch about pidgeys/weedles/etc being hard to catch has been fixed. They sure seem like they've gone back to being easy-to-catch recently.
They're still escaping all the time for me :I

I don't play Pokemon Go and probably never will, but I see how popular it is while walking around the city and on public transportation. And I have read news about how some disaster struck regions such as Tohoku and Kumamoto are attracting players and reviving tourism somehow, which is a good thing to be generated from this game!

Reactions: Kagayours
I love this game, but it sucks that the Pokemon trainer club is unstable. It's given me problems time and time again before I frustratingly signed up for Google accounts. :/

Went to a Lure party in Downtown Tulsa last night. It was sponsored by an Anime convention, Tokyo in Tulsa. The had Lures on all the stops and had a DJ. Then when it got dark, They showed the first Pokemon movie.

Reactions: LunaValentine
Went to a Lure party in Downtown Tulsa last night. It was sponsored by an Anime convention, Tokyo in Tulsa. The had Lures on all the stops and had a DJ. Then when it got dark, They showed the first Pokemon movie.
Wow, that sounds pretty awesome! I've never been to something like that before. Usually when I find a bunch of people camped around a ton of lures, it doesn't seem to be a planned event -- it's just something that happens once everyone knows where those hot spots are. XD

There's now an appraise button....where your leader comes in and checks the stats. You can now search for perfect IVs.... Competitive catching start!

There's now an appraise button....where your leader comes in and checks the stats. You can now search for perfect IVs.... Competitive catching start!

Woah really?! I gotta check this update out! o.o

Woah really?! I gotta check this update out! o.o

Just noticed it this morning. It's kinda funny, my strongest pokemon are all tiny with really good stats.

Wow, I love this new appraisal system! It's another thing to consider which pokemon to transfer and which ones to evolve/power up/etc. Really adds a layer of complexity to things, rather than just basing that kind of thing mainly off of CP (and sometimes what moves a pokemon knows, if their CP's are close). OwO

Also, they just changed a lot of move sets for pokemon. Some movesets are now discontinued. They may be more valuable when trading is introduced. So be aware before you just start transferring pokemon. It may be more valuable.

So I kinda wanted to just post....I'll have 8 eggs hatching tomorrow! I'm pretty excited because I haven't been able to walk outside except during my lunch break due to time constraints and weather. all of them are 5 k eggs. could be some fun stuff!

Reactions: Kagayours
Has anyone hatched a region pokemon that isn't from their region?

OwO Looks like I have a small handful of pokemon with discontinued moves. I favorited them to make sure I don't forget why I'm hanging onto them. XD

For anyone else curious as to which moves were discontinued: here's a list.

I don't even know why I still have the app. Good game, but not enough data on my phone and it drains the battery like mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.