Pokemon Go is out now!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. No.

2. If I'm not mistaken, the amount of footprints means how close in proximity you are to that pokemon. Not positive on that though.
Thanks. I added a third question as well.

Kind of a weird side-hobby I've formed by playing this:
Make it look my dog is interacting with Pokemon. I like to pretend she's my partner who fights pokemon with me.

13600150_901695256607262_3399650172082621585_n.jpg

Hm...I guess the next step is to try shooting the pokemon down with Nerf Guns. That'll teach them to invade my home!

Yesterday I took a trip to the local college campus. Everyone and their mother was out looking for pokemon. I only know this because these people stopped me and were like, "Pokemon Go?"

Pokemon, Yes. :) Apparently there's an elusive Scyther at McDonalds.

• Love
Reactions: Dizzy
I would love to go catch pokemon, but the game must be located on servers made of warm, smelly, freshly squeezed out the sphincter, shit.

You just have to find the right times of day to be online! After only two days, I've already managed to have several highly enjoyable, multi-hour play sessions that went mostly uninterrupted. OwO

Speaking of which!! Day 2 was awesome!! And I didn't give myself heat exhaustion this time. OwO

I now have 27 different species of Pokemon! New additions include:

Beedrill
Pidgeot
Raticate
Pikachu
Nidoran (male)
Jigglypuff
Gloom
Venomoth
Bellsprout
Drowzee

Very fun day. OwO I've been practically glued to the app ever since about 4PM when the pressure on the servers started to ease up. XD

This app seems buggy. Sometimes it works, sometimes it dont. I only caught 4 pokemon. :(

This app seems buggy. Sometimes it works, sometimes it dont. I only caught 4 pokemon. :(

It's the servers that seem to be the issue. Like I said, you just have to figure out the right times to be online. Once you find a sweet spot in the day, you can play for hours with only a few hiccups here and there.

So far I've found that the servers always seem to be busiest from about 1-4PM (EST). I've been able to get some solid play time in the morning (9AM-12PM) and evenings (5-10PM).

Granted, even during the times that I said were good, there were still a few issues here and there, but nothing that kept me waiting too long. There was this Gloom I had trouble catching because the game kept lagging every time it appeared and I couldn't actually go into battle mode, and then it kept disappearing, then re-appearing on my radar and, thankfully, it had barely moved, so I was able to keep trying again and again. Thankfully I was eventually able to catch it, though!!

But yeah, even THAT experience is preferable to being completely locked out of the game. XD And, like I said, the 'sweet spots' were MOSTLY full of unhindered gameplay. :P

Hopefully they'll get those servers straightened out soon, though.

• Thank You
Reactions: Mid
And thankfully, I don't think I've ever LOST any progress due to a server issue... Whenever an "unknown error" (which isn't very unknown) stops me from doing something (for example, there were a few instances of this when I was trying to evolve a Rattata), it looks like everything went through fine when I get the app running again. o_o I closed and re-opened the app and, hey, there was a Raticate waiting there for me! I missed the evolution sequence, but, that's not too bad. XD

What levels are everyone at?

What are your best Pokemon?

Currently level 8. My best Pokemon is a Venomoth with 400-something CP. :3

There's a gym nearby with a Raticate that's only 100-something CP. And I would've beaten it easily if the server hadn't derped out on me. ;_;

Also, the gym was on a bridge. I was there with a friend, and we both agreed that being on a huge bridge like that with our phones out made us a liiiittle bit paranoid that we would wind up dropping our phones into the abyss... So we didn't want to just wait around for the servers to come back.

So I'm convinced that if it weren't for server errors and a precarious location, there's no way that a tiny little Raticate like that would've reigned victorious for so long. >:/

I plan on heading back out later this evening and trying again, though.

I'm a lv 7. top 5 pokemon: Gloom (334 cp), Raticate(210), Pidgeotto (176), Bellsprout (165), and a drowzee (148). Nearly all of them caught today. Caught nearly 50 pokemon on my first outing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kagayours
I'm level 10.

My top 3 are:

Flareon - 474
Scyther - 327 (Currently at a gym I own)
Pidgeot - 310 (I have a 282 pidgeotto that will be overtaking this guy soon)

I also have an Abra, Machoke, and a 219 Paras that will be awesome when I can evolve them.

Update: level 11 now

Flareon - 833

Pidgeot - 564

Sycther - 417

Raticate - 403

I'm catching the fattest pokemon I can find.

I have a Squirtle that weighs 33 pounds. A 21 pound Ekans. A 20 pound Zubat.

I'm catching the fattest pokemon I can find.

I have a Squirtle that weighs 33 pounds. A 21 pound Ekans. A 20 pound Zubat
jesus, what a fatty
what have you been feeding that thing?

jesus, what a fatty
what have you been feeding that thing?
I don't know. I found it in Wal-Mart...so that might explain it. I had to relook at its weight several time to make sure that it wasn't that fat (It says XL on the top so it is fat anyways) but damnnnn it is big.

Last edited:
I finally got it to work last night and caught Squirtle in the neighbor's yard. He's an old preacher dude and I was hoping against hope he wouldn't come out and ask me what the hell I was doing standing in his garden. I tried to find more, but it was too dark, plus my other neighbor's pregnant cat kept getting underfoot. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I had to explain to her that the reason why she had to go to the vet was because I was trying to catch pokemon and kicked her by accident.

iPad, Wi-Fi only connection

equals bad experience.
also a car ran over my zubat today gg. rest in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.