Pokemon Gijinka (OOC Chat Thread)

Name: Elizabeth
Species: Espeon
Image:
espeon_by_lunasnightmare-d5yy33c.jpg
Level: 65
Ability: Synchronize
Moves (Four only): Last Resort, Psychic, Future Sight, Psybeam
History: Elizabeth has an unknown background, but was caught by Arai only to be released immediately after getting a nickname. She follows the woman simply because she has food.

Name: Arai Seki
Image:
anime-emo-vampire-girl_zps5a49b9a3.jpg
Starting Region: Hoenn
What you are researching: How gijinkas came to be, Pokémon origins.
History: An avid student when she was studying, Arai was excited to learn that her first assignment as a real researcher was in the Ginda region. Her first task, find an assistant. When she found an espeon, a wild gijinka at that, she had to catch it. So, she caught the Espeon, gave it the name of her old roommate, Elizabeth. She then released the gijinka, wanting to study it outside of the pokeball. She uses her home-made pokemon food to try and coax the animal to stay with her. She was glad it was a success.

I hope my characters are okay. I kept debating whether to join before my inner fangirl forced me to.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Sweet_Temptation
Seems fine to me. Approved.

Thank you. :)

Aria (Sylveon)

0deaece8c8087c3e634c5c50bbc57193.jpg

Level: 54

Ability: Pixilate: Increases the power of Normal-type moves by 30%. It then changes those moves to Fairy-type.

Moves: Moonblast, Last Resort, Draining Kiss, Quick Attack

untitled.jpg
Name:
Kaz D.

Region:
Kanto

History:
Kaz is a shy boy who comes from Cerulean City the Kanto region, his only goal is to make some friends along his way, whether human or Pokemon. His first Pokemon and best friend is his Sandslash, Remmi, who he found living under his house at a young age. Over the years his Sandshrew evolved into the Sandslash he has today. Recently, his parents tave him a Pokemon egg containing a female Horsea who he named, Juvia. Juvia is perfectly bred, as his parents own a day care near Cerulean, they knew what they were doing and they gave it the perfect TMs as well.Now they all are going to start their journey in the Ginda region, where you ca find gijina pokemon.However Kaz kas no idea that gijinka pokemon exist he just chose a random region to go to and explore, so he should have some exciting moments.
Though Kaz is a shy boy most of the time, he is know to be very open to the people he is close to even cracking a few jokes. He is a nice boy and is only rude to the people who are rude to him first.

Pokemon Name: Remmi (Sandslash)

Level: 35

Nature: Adamant

Ability: Sand Veil-Raises evasiveness in a sandstorm

Moves: Dig,Slash,Brick Break,Sandstorm

Pokemon Name: Juvia (Horsea)

Level: 5

Nature: Timid

Ability: Swift Swim

Moves:Bubble Beam,Dragon Rage, Smokecreen, Ice Beam​

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kota
You forgot your age. Include that and it's approved.

trainer2.jpg
Name: Rina Joyce
Starting Region: Hoenn
History: For as long as she could remember, Rina was born to become a Pokemon Trainer. While a lot of children back in grade school simply enjoyed the cartoons, Rina loved watching the yearly Pokemon battle tournaments on her TV. Her parents refused to allow her to leave when she came of the average age to begin her journey, however, since they are too afraid of the danger that follows. Instead, they wished for her to be a simple breeder or daycare employee of some sort. Rina knew that wasn't for her and one day finally convinced them to finally let her go, and so she was off. It wasn't long until she had captured a Zigzagoon who became her closest friend even up until now as she has battled gyms furiously and been successful with each one. It's her dream to travel each region and defeat each selected Elite Four, but also potientially see the world of Pokemon and all it has to offer. Rina is a kind and fiery young woman, passionate in everything she does. Whenever someone needs a hand, she very easily offers her out. Her favorite Pokemon type is fire which she chooses to resemble with her outfit which is mainly clad in red. Her closest friend is her Zizagoon who has now evolved into a Linoone.

~~~

-Pokemon-

Name: Charizard
Level: 56

Ability: "Blaze" - Powers up Fire-type moves when the Pokémon is in trouble
Moves:
Solar Beam, Flamethrower, Dragon Pulse, Roost
Name: Vaporeon
Level: 55

Ability: "Water Absorb" - The Pokemon heals up to 1/4 of its Maximum HP when hit with water-type moves.
Moves:
Toxic, Scald, Acid Armor, Ice Beam
Name: Gengar
Level: 58

Ability: "Levitate" - Ground attacks have no effect.
Moves:
Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb, Hypnosis
Name: Raichu
Level: 53

Ability: "Static" - The opponent has a 30% chance of being induced with PARALYZE when using an attack, that requires physical contact against the Pokemon.
Moves:
Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Light Screen, Grass Knot
Name: Tyranitar
Level: 60

Ability: "Sand Stream" - Sandstorm blows when the Pokemon enters battle. As of X & Y, this lasts 5 turns.
Moves:
Earthquake, Stone Edge, Crunch, Iron Tail

~~~

gijinka2.jpg

Name: Linoone
Level: 65
Ability:

"Quick Feet" - Speed is increased is by 50% when induced with a status (Burn, Poison, Sleep, Frozen & Paralysis). If Paralyzed, the speed drop is ignored.
Moves:
Play Rough, Return, Shadow Claw, Dig

One question, though. Is the Linoone your character's Zigzagoon, mentioned in the backstory? If so, how is it Gijinka? Gijinka are only found in the Ginda region naturally, but it is possible to trade for one, as you'd trade any Pokemon. I only mention this because your home region is listed as Hoenn.

The plan is that Linoone was released into Hoenn by a previous trainer who obtained him in the Ginda region, then captured by my trainer.

(Also, Yuki. Why the smile with beating a horse?)

Alright. I'd recommend altering the backstory a tad to mention that, but it's up to you. I just don't want other people complaining about it, and it sorta breaks the mold a bit. Not saying no, just recommend you edit the backstory. Do what you want.

When I feel we've given enough time for people to join.

Reactions: UltimaCircuit
I was going to think about starting it know since we have quite a few people already and as more would LIKE to join it they can. It's not like the Sailor moon who once the spots are filled it's filled. We have quite a few considering.

I see that there's quite a few people, but is this still open?
If it is, I'll post up a CS asap.
In all honesty, I would like to play a Mewtwo struggling with his past, and trying to redeem himself for the things he was forced to do, but I don't know how you'd feel about that, so if that's a no-go, I'll see if I can work out being an ex-trainer researcher that had a run-in with a few special pokemon.

Last edited:
Name: Dirge Violetale (Mewtwo)
Level: 70
Ability: Pressure (Causes foes to use more energy in order to use their abilities)
Moves:
Psychic I Aura Sphere
Psycho Cut I Recover