Pokemon Gijinka (OOC Chat Thread)

Normally, I'd deny this outright. I stated in the beginning that the Legendary Pokemon were off the table unless you came to one of the organizers first, which you did not, and are given the okay, which you weren't. I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but the Legendary Pokemon are very important to the storyline we're creating, and as such having a player control them makes things difficult. Beyond that, you will be controlling THE most plot-critical Legendary in the story, as well as the most powerful, and as such a lot of your choices are stripped from you. However, I did say I might be lenient. As such, I will say that this character is pending approval or disapproval. You and I need to have a conversation in regards to how Mewtwo will be played. Also, please note that as none of the Legendary Pokemon have any trainers, they have no nicknames.

Are you guys still accepting? This sounds interesting, but it may take me a while to get my CS up due to school and all. My sister is a huge Pokemon nerd, and I enjoyed it growing up as well and am more than willing to indulge myself with this XD

Yeah this one is still open and will be for another week or so. So :3

Trainer
Name: Aaron "Rin" Okumura
23hw0fb.jpg

Starting Region: Kanto

Personality:
By nature, Aaron is an exceptionally laid back person. It is only through his Pokemon torturing him does he ever feel excessive amounts of anxiety or irritation. With the exception of Pokemon battles (which he takes very seriously) he avoids conflict whenever possible and does not often come across people that he doesn't like. This however is not because he is kind or accepting, he just can't be bothered with an emotion as strong and taxing to maintain as hate. Where other people are involved, Aaron tends to feel neither hot or cold and merely drifts through. For socializing in general though, he does find it overly bothersome and tends to avoid it whenever possible.

Aaron has a morbid sense of humor and is a surprisingly, fiercely loyal friend.

History:
When Aaron was twelve years old, he and his father moved to the Ginda region, primarily so that his father could further research the rare Gijinka Pokemon found there. He was interested in the reasons as to why many of them had become so violent in previous years as well as how evolution affects Pokemon, specifically, in Gijinka Pokemon.

Shortly after arriving in the region, Aaron's father acquired a young Gastly Gijinka. He had intended to use her in his research exclusively however instead of being a mere test subject, she became a part of the family. Aaron's father's research changed to include just what the differences between Pokemon Gijinka's and humans are and Aaron himself became close friends with her. He and his father both spent many hours teaching the unique Pokemon proper human speech.

After seeing how well the two got along, Aaron's father eventually gave (traded technically) his son full 'ownership' of the ghost-type Gijinka and acquired two more Pokemon Gijinkas, this time in the form of a young Shuppet and a Litwick. To continue his research on evolution however, Aaron's father quickly realized that he needed to advance their learning to not only include speech but battle training as well. He himself had little talent for such and found it difficult to stomach but Aaron was a natural at it and happily took over all three of the Pokemon's training.

It wasn't long before Aaron had helped both the young Shuppet and Litwick evolve and in turn, Aaron's father continued the step of evolution further, using special stones to advance each Pokemon. Aaron's father's research was in-depth, informative and most importantly, conclusive, at least on the subject of evolution. The differences between humans and Gijinka Pokemon was still vastly far from even nearing completion. With each new discovery made, it seemed as though more questions arose. And of course, there was always the issue of ethics -was even simple research inhumane? Pokemon that looked like, spoke, and acted (at times) very human surely deserved more than a life as lab-Rattata.

Regardless of right or wrong, the three Gijinka Pokemon and the father and son duo had become something of a family in the time spent together and so, on Aaron's sixteenth birthday, it was without remorse that he gave legal ownership of the two remaining ghost-types to his son, encouraging them to pursue what they loved best -battling.
List of Pokemon

Species: Gengar
Name: Malice
23wsnc2.png

Level: 66
Ability: Levitate
Moves [Hypnosis] [Lick] [Shadow Ball] [Dream Eater]

Personality: Malice is a prankster, a troublemaker, and a flat-out troll. She enjoys messing with people, especially Aaron, and causing all sorts of problems, especially for Aaron. Wherever she goes, mayhem and chaos are sure to follow. She either doesn't understand or care that her jokes usually go too far and is nearly always the ringleader of mass pranks. To her, orchestrating undesirable and unfortunate events at the expense of others is only second to battling.

Despite this, Malice is actually quite caring when it comes to the people and Pokemon she is fond of and she will go to no limit to defend them, even if she pretends otherwise.

Species: Banette
Name: Evilyn
33ok3k6.png

Level: 54
Ability: Insomnia
Moves [Screech] [Will-O-Wisp] [Night Shade] [Sucker Punch]

Personality:
Evilyn is very alike Malice personality-wise, both often teaming up to cause problems for or to tease their trainer. Unlike Malice however, Evilyn is very naive and while she adores pranks just as much as the next troll, she is actually fairly amiable when not goaded on by her Gengar role model. In addition, she is extremely gullible and actually a bit of a scaredy Meowth.

Species: Chandelure
Name: Arabella
29xvho2.png

Level: 72
Ability: Flash Fire
Moves: [Inferno] [Shadow Ball] [Pain Split] [Overheat]

Personality:
Arabella is the mature one of the group and clearly the only thing standing between Aaron and complete insanity. She cracks down on the younger two Pokemon whenever they get out of control and won't hesitate to use force. She is always calm and demure and very polite. As she is literally the only responsible one in her entire group, she often acts a bit as a mother and makes it her job to take care of the others.

It is only in battle that her true, frightening colors show; becoming frenzied and maddened and relishing in the pain of others and her own victories, she is truly nightmarish. Malice and Evilyn respect her word as if it is law, even above that of Aaron's, though rarely is Arabella's wants not purposefully synchronized with her trainer's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people
@Deshwitat Of course you can join. The more the merrier!

@Madness I'll let you know, this one's on the fence. I normally would deny it, since it's stated that Gijinka are extremely rare, rarer even than Shinies, so having three at your age is extremely hard to fathom, but the back-stories make a lot of sense. As such, my verdict is: Approved.

@Deshwitat Of course you can join. The more the merrier!

@Madness I'll let you know, this one's on the fence. I normally would deny it, since it's stated that Gijinka are extremely rare, rarer even than Shinies, so having three at your age is extremely hard to fathom, but the back-stories make a lot of sense. As such, my verdict is: Approved.

I have two simple questions!

Firstly, may my Kangashkan be male.

Secoundly, may i give him earthquake even tough it isnt one of the moves Kangaskhans can learn through leveling up (Only through TM's).

Other than that i think i understand everything, already have a picture and all the moves+ability decided.

@Deshwitat Of course it can, why couldn't it? As for Earthquake... eh, what the heck? Sure.

Oh man, sorry. I do remember reading that they were rare but I had no idea that they were that rare. I wouldn't have made an application like this otherwise. ^^"

Dangit. And yet, now I sort of wish I had gone more in-depth with his dad studying Banette's and Gengar's Mega evolutions. And the stone for Chandelure. I can expand on that a bit if it'd make you feel less yucky about it. Or I could change it altogether.

Man. Noooo. ^^;;;;

@Deshwitat Maybe in the later ones, but I recall in my original Gold version, mine was a dude. Bit silly, since it was still a mother, but whatever. Know that it'll make YC extremely rare. But if you need more explanation, recall that all the Legendary Pokemon have no gender, yet they kinda need one here, so I assumed some rules would be bent or broken as far as gender is concerned.

@Madness Don't harsh it, my friend. We all make mistakes. Like I said, the back-stories make it gel, so if you want to touch it up a bit, go for it, but otherwise, it's fine.

Name: Kharn.
Species: Kangaskhan.
Image:
tumblr_ma3s07iiMB1qgj2rto1_1280.png

Level: 78.
Ability: Scrappy-Makes Normal- and Fighting-type moves hit Ghost-type Pokémon.
Moves: Outrage,Earthquake,Mega Punch,Reversal.
Past: Kharn used to have a trainer, a old lady who lived by the edge of a town. The old lady had found him when he was little and had just stayed with her allowing himself to be caught, he was teached how to cook, clean and most kinds of work that is used on a farm or in a house. She in the end got sick so housework fell to him even more and even went shopping on his own from time to time, but he had no big problems with that as he had learned how to speak the human language fluently. As winter came he was given a tm that learned him how to use Earthquake so that he could easier cut down trees which they used for warming up the house. But in the end the old lady was to weak to take care of him so she released him into the wild and had to move away to her relatives who would help her get better.

I like the name, but I will state again that wild Gijinka are like wild Pokemon and, thus, don't usually have names. However, due to him knowing Earthquake, which he can only learn via TMs, I can assume he was caught and released, so the name makes sense. Approved.

Yeah i am currently adding a little past to the char which explains why he has a tm move and a name.

Soo.... I think I'm going to try and get in this rp, and I just wanted to ask a few questions...

1) Can Pokemon know event moves? Specifically, can Eevee know the move Sing?

2) Can Pokemon know moves they used to be able to learn but can't learn now? I understand not allowing Teleport (since almost all the gen I Pokemon could learn it via TM), but what about more recent stuff like tutor moves that were available in 4th, even 5th, gen but are not able in 6th gen?

3) I'm guessing Gijinka can't own Pokemon, can they XD ?

1) Yes, they can, but make sure it makes sense. No Surfing Pikachu.

2) Yes, they can.

3) Correct, Pokemon can't be Pokemon Trainers! No way!

Name: None (wild)
1386038417937_zps671cb5a8.jpg
Level: 37
Ability: No Guard
Moves (Four only)

Swords dance, shadow sneak, aerial ace, slash

This gijinka Doublade loves to battle. She is a bit rash and fiery in personality, and will sometimes pull pranks on innocent passers-by, but in the end she's all about having fun. She roams the region looking for fights, and someone worthy enough for her to call that person master. She is also very proud and noble, meaning she will finish what she's started and will keep every promise. She has learnt to speak human through her travels, as she has come across many trainers. She yearns to grow stronger and stronger every day.

(Is this OK?)

Perfectly fine. Approved.

Trainer
Name: Rin Okumura
Height: 5' 3"
Weight: 103 lb.
Image:
ac2bf1d12c55dae9b904c30c653d8f46.jpg

Starting Region: Kanto

Personality:
Rin loves Pokemon, to the point that she frequently wears outfits based on various Pokemon. Thanks to that, it's common for people to mistake Rin as a Gijinka. To an extent, though, Rin does see herself as a Pokemon. She knows that society makes a distinction between Pokemon and humans, but Rin never really understood it. She's seen Pokemon that looks like humans and her family's Gijinka Ninetales also talks like a human. Rin herself can, to an extent, understand Pokemon simply from spending so much time with them. Rin may call the Pokemon that travel with her "her Pokemon" but only because society has dictated it to be the norm. Really, to her, the concept of owning a Pokemon is about as bizarre as owning a human--she considers them her companions, family, friends, and simply as sentient beings willing to travel with her.

Her empathy for Pokemon, however, shouldn't be mistaken for pacifism. She grew up around Pokemon. She understands that for them, fighting is acceptable. At times, it's a sport. At other times, it's a means to an end. Sometimes, it's a way to declare one's intent and wishes to the world. Most of all, though, it's just something natural. She's tumbled with the Pokemon she's grown up with, suffering severe injuries at times because of it. Never, though, has she shied away from it. Rin, through her almost daily interaction with Pokemon, has grown into a small teenager who packs a punch. Beyond her small size and petite frame is a very agile girl who knows how to hit hard. She's nowhere near what a Pokemon can do, but it's exceptionally close despite her lack of formal training.

Beyond her inability to understand why she needs to treat humans and Pokemon differently, though, Rin is a… No, she's still a very queer girl. Rin often thinks strangely, in a way that changes with every moment she's alive. She's always rather quiet because she knows people sometimes look at her weirdly if she says something she thinks is perfectly normal. After all, her sense of normal isn't usually the norm. She'll nickname anyone she encounters, wild Pokemon and human strangers alike. She's even nicknamed Aaron several times over, first giving him the nickname "Rin" and then adding whatever honorific she feels like to the end of it, creating names along the lines of "Rin-sama," "Rin-oppa," and "Rin-senpai." Her eyes almost always look bored, compounding with her silence to give her the illusion of being a very laid back person. Anyone who can see her mouth (inconveniently covered by the collar of her current outfit), though, will know otherwise. Unlike her eyes, Rin's mouth changes like normal. Those who have been around her long enough will definitely know she can be quite pushy and pully. She likes hanging around others, particularly those she like or even just know, and will drag them into whatever new thing she wants to explore or try. As long as she can tell that she's in no danger, Rin would even pull a thorn out of a Tyranitar's mouth. She's a girl of few words and lots of action… lots and lots of unexpected action.

Rin's personality, though, isn't just the only thing making Rin's life exciting and weird. She seems to have the darndest sense of luck that works both ways. For instance, her shiny Eevee, amazingly bred on top of its unique coloration, was a stroke of ridiculously good luck. On the other hand, Rin has also been caught in too many of Gargle's explosion to remember (concussions do help in forgetting, though). Her luck sways back and forth from one end to the next, but it has the habit of working when least expected to make her life interesting. In fact, the extremities of her luck is so reliable that Rin herself has made a habit of referencing it and acting upon it, often comforting those worried for her, "Don't worry, it'll be interesting if I accomplish this so it'll all work out," even as she thinks, <Then again, me falling off the cliff and spraining a few bones could also lead to an interesting encounter in the hospital.>

History:
Rin was born in Viridian City as the only child to a professor mother who specialized in researching Pokemon stone evolutions and a father that selectively bred high quality Pokemon. She was raised near the outskirts of Viridian Forest, by both her human parents and their Pokemon. In particular, she was often left in the care of the male Ninetales gijinka her Ginda born and raised mother had inherited, a Pokemon that had been with the mother's side of Rin's extended family tree for as long as anyone alive could remember. Rin's father, like her mother, was also a Ginda native who had immigrated to Kanto, but he did not have a Gijinka.

Raised by both Pokemon and humans with equal amounts of love, the young Rin had a difficult time differentiating between the two. It wasn't just a problem of the physical similarities between Gijinka and humans. She also did not understand the concept of treating her father's Talonflame any differently from, say, her father's brother. To the baby who was sung to sleep by a Blissey one day and then her mother the next, the toddler that was spoon fed baby mush by her father until halfway through the meal when he left the task to a Ditto because there was a work emergency, and the preschooler that didn't discriminate between asking her family's Nintales gijinka and her parents to read a book; there existed no line between humans and Pokemon.

Of course, once she started school, Rin soon learned. In fact, Rin started school a full year early because her parents were worried that waiting a year like other kids would be too late for Rin to learn to differentiate between humans and Pokemon. In school, Rin learned that society expected her to act differently between those of her species and those not of her species as her parents had hoped. She learned that, but she never truly felt that way. She had human friends, but played just as often with the young Pokemon in her father's nursery. She never felt like the only child because, to her, all the young Pokemon she came to know were her older or younger siblings. When elementary graduation came around, Rin cried because her family wasn't allowed to bring more than one Pokemon but everyone else was allowed to bring as many human siblings and relatives as they wanted.

By the time Rin started middle school, she'd started to express her kinship Pokemon in the way she dressed. She began selecting clothing based on what made her look like a Pokemon. It started with just colors--color combinations and placements that resembled a certain Pokemon's coloration. Around this time, she also got to really know her cousin (father's side), Aaron Okumura. The two had met when younger, young enough for Rin to mess up Aaron's name into "Rin," which happened to stick from then on despite the fact that Rin's own name was Rin. Back then, Aaron and Rin lived near by to allow for frequent visits, but the laid back Aaron rarely bothered to try and interact with Rin. Rin, in turn, never bothered to try because she could always just play with the Pokemon.

In the first year of middle school, though, the two were placed in the same class, their identical last name landing Aaron in a seat right in front of Rin. Rin, being shorter, tried to ask Aaron for a seat change, but the strict teacher refused even after Aaron's neutral acceptance. Stuck behind someone at least a head taller, Rin had trouble taking notes for obvious reasons. Forced to ask for notes, she did the easiest thing and asked not only the person she was most familiar with in her new school, but also the person sitting right in front of her: Aaron "Rin" Okumura. Not caring as usual, Aaron shared his notes… his incredibly messy notes. Unable to read them, the next thing Rin did was arrange study sessions with Aaron, which turned out to be incredibly useful for the girl. Not only could Aaron decipher his own handwriting, but he generally did better than Rin, who preferred to play than study, in every subject.

Up until Aaron had to leave with his father, the two slowly built a friendship through studying and then Rin dragging Aaron into various (mis)adventures with Pokemon to show her "thanks." Then, after that, the two became pen pals. The first letters from Aaron required Rin to compare her notes with Aaron's notes to create some kind of reference to decipher her cousin's mess of writing, but she eventually learned to read Aaron's chicken scratch with ease. Rin lived a relatively peaceful life, and Aaron's letter about his and his father's adventures in Ginda spiced it up.

By the time she entered high school, Rin had not only perfected the art of dressing up in a stylish Pokemon fashion but was also determined to leave on her own Pokemon journey in time. She already had a Gastly, Gargles, that she had begged from her father. He had given her what wasn't the best specimen but a noteworthy one nonetheless. More importantly, it was a Gastly that had been with Rin since she was born, a Pokemon she considered one of her many older sisters.

However, even with Gargles, Rin did not feel ready to leave. She just felt that she needed something a little but more. Rin's eyes were set on her mother's shiny Eevee. She didn't plan to steal it, but the two had been nigh inseparable since the Eevee was born. The Eevee was Rin's closest sister, and her mother knew it. While it was officially Rin's mother's Pokemon, the mother never took it with her on her research travels. The Eevee, named Muse, was always left at home. Both parents had initially given Muse to the mother in order to keep it safe from any accidental transactions the father might have made with it. However, now they kept it in the mother's ownership in order to keep Rin from running off into a dangerous Pokemon journey before they thought her ready.

Eventually, though, the parents agreed that Rin was ready. At the age of 16, she was given Muse as a present and given permission to leave. Although, even then, they stressed the importance of school. Rin simply smiled and nodded, understanding why her parents thought like that but also knowing that they would understand why she would need to disagree. School, with only humans, was no fun for Rin. She preferred being around the presence of both when possible. On a positive note, Rin left for her journey. She made a beeline for the Ginda region, undeterred by the many other, much more experienced trainers heading there with her. Before she left, she mailed Aaron one last letter, "I'll be seeing you."
List of Pokemon

Species: Gastly
Name: Gargles
Image:
92___Gastly_by_OneEyedMe_zpsbe39c221.png

Level: 17
Ability: Levitate
Moves [Night Shade] [Hypnosis] [Trick] [Explosion]

Personality:
Gargles, despite her 23 years of life experience, is happy and innocent. It's probably because a good portion of those 23 years was spent fainted after getting too excited and blowing up with Explosion. Her large amount of time spent unconscious is also likely one part of the reason why Gargles is not as strong most Pokemon her age are expected to be--the other part of the reason being that Gargles could care less. Nevertheless, Gargles isn't the type to let such a thing bring her down. After all, ghost Pokemon live for much longer than puny human mortals do.

As Rin's older sister figure (of sorts), Gargles often gets worried for his younger sister. She'll scout ahead without being told for Rin, fervently warning her if there's anything that seems to be dangerous. She can get extremely worried for Rin, and has been known to explode from sheer worry if Rin doesn't take her warnings seriously.

While mostly cheery, Gargles does have a noticeably timid and indecisive side. She doesn't want to make others angry at her, so she'll more often than not seek permission to do something before going through it. She doesn't mind meeting new people, but it'll take a while for her to be comfortable with offering ideas to strangers.

Gargle tends to explode whenever she's overly excited, whether it's being too happy, too scared, too sad, or anything else. Sometimes, she'll even randomly explode for seemingly no reason, but these cases are rare.

History:
Rin's father bred and raised Gargles. However, her various flaws prevented her from being given to any other trainer, so she became one of the many Pokemon that hung around Rin's home and helped care and play with the young human girl. From the moment Rin was born, Gargles was Rin's ditzy older sister, a bit careless and in need of lots of help but always well-meaning. When Rin heard that Aaron received a Haunter-turned-Gengar gijinka from his father, Rin demanded for her own Pokemon. She would have preferred Muse, but her parents did not feel they could trust that Rin wouldn't leave after receiving Muse. Therefore, they gave her Gargles instead, reasoning that it only made sense that Rin was given a Pokemon of the same evolutionary line as Gengar.

Species: Eevee
Name: Muse
Image:
tumblr_n2dt9s4SZd1s2i16to1_500_zps0095f10e.gif

Level: 15
Ability: Anticipation
Moves [Helping Hand] [Sing] [Wish] [Heal Bell]

Personality:
Muse is a very sensitive and careful Eevee. She's a scaredy cat and the younger sibling that Rin had always had to protect, even when playing with other Pokemon. Not one for fighting, Muse was always the one licking everyone's wounds whenever the play-fighing turned too rough. Always in the back, Muse always had a knack for noticing the details most others missed and she's clever enough to use that information for the benefit of herself and those she cares for. She, like most other Pokemon, accepts battles as a natural course of events. She simply prefers taking the support role in fights over a more aggressive position.

Many would compare the shiny Eevee to a princess upon first meeting her. After all, she's protected, rarely goes into fights herself, and absolutely adores shinies. However, Muse isn't just weak and a crybaby. Despite her weak exterior, though, Muse is perhaps one of the most decisive and stubborn Pokemon one would ever meet. Just being a 15 year old Eevee bred and raised by humans is proof enough of Muse's stubbornness when most others of her kind and in her situation have long since evolved. Muse likes being small and easy to hide. She refuses to change herself to suit another's need, just as she refuses to follow the majority of other Pokemon and fight in battles with tooth and claw. She'd rather convince people to agree with her with tears rather than force. Just as her sister, Rin, is the type to drag people into danger and excitement, Muse is the one to persuade them to run away with her for their own safety.

History:
Muse was born when Rin was just a child, and since then, the two were always there for each other. The plan from the moment Muse was born as a shiny Eevee was to give her to Rin once she was of age. However, Rin being just a baby at the time, ownership of Muse was officially given to Rin's mother. The original plan was to give Muse to Rin the moment she was old enough to own her Pokemon. However, Rin's adventurous ways quickly changed that plan. Fearing that Rin would leave on her own adventure the moment she could bring her closest sister along, the parents held onto Muse. They wanted to give it to Rin after she had finished her schooling. However, Rin's persistence won and they officially gave Muse to Rin a year earlier than they planned.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person