Pokemon Diversity Reloaded

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
A Winning Blow!
As Astrid was watching Eevee prepare her next move. Astrid heard Ben trying to make a command, which sounded like a Take Down attack to her. Astrid could only lightly facepalm from the words that came out of her mouth. Really? It's Take Down. I even said it before. How clueless are you? She watched Ben closely as she questioned whenever or not he was really a trainer or not. Ben...Are you really a Pokemon Trainer? She had more questions for the guy. She realized his height was about close to a child. As she continued to question more of Ben, she only got confused. She turned her attention back to Eevee as she decides to finish it.

Astrid watched in amazement of Eevee's brilliant performance, she couldn't hold in her excitement after Eevee duked the expecting Purrloin and following up by biting its tail. Then as she swung the cat. She released it and followed up with a second Take Down. Astrid was very excited. She never realized how strong Eevee is, her tactics and her skills is what makes her a deadly opponent in the tournament. The audience seemed to be at the edge of their seats at this point. That was amazing. That was a purposely missed Take Down followed by a 180 turn to a bite and swinging the opponent around and... before she could finish, Eevee has just delivered the final blow to Purrloin and knocked it out of the ring. As the cat falls down defeated. Astrid couldn't hold in her excitement anymore.

She won the battle.

"WOOHOO!" She yelled at the top of her lungs. The announcer got up and yelled into the mic with such fierce joy in his eyes.

"WHAT AN AMAZING ENDING TO THAT BATTLE! GIVE IT UP FOR YOUR ROUND 4 WINNER, ASTRID MAPLE AND EEVEE!"

As the announcer finished, most of the audience cheered and ever some gave a loud cry for Astrid for her well fought victory. While there are some who still don't like Astrid for being lazy, they were ok with her finishing performance, though they just watched with a stern look in their eyes.

Eevee's recoil took effect after hitting Purrloin, her legs sharted to shake from the pain, but Eevee was able to fight through the pain and stand up. The young fox watched as the crowd cheered. While Eevee would normally go to Astrid and cuddle her with lots of love for the victory. This battle seemed to be affecting Eevee, just not in a good way. Eevee. Eevee moved her head to the left with a smirk in her face. A expression that could not mean a good thing for Astrid, although Astrid is too focused with the amount of people clapping for her.

Celeste noticed Eevee's strange behavior change as the fox smirked with disobedience. Astrid may not have seen this, but Celeste did. This Eevee was learning to be more disobedient to Astrid and being a wild pokemon. This is not good. Seeing this kind of behavior will lead to trouble. Celeste worried for Astrid. At this rate, she'll need to do something before she gets out of hand.

"And give a got cheer for Ben and his Purrloin for a good battle. I'm sure they've earned it." At that time, Ben was already gone, but some of the audience cheered for him for at least trying to give a good battle. The announcer was starting to get a bit worried that the tournament is starting to slowly break apart due to the recent events. He took a sip out of a water bottle and re-energized for the next batch of matches.

Astrid waved to the audience for a bit as she returned Eevee to her pokeball and headed through the resting station. She put Eevee's pokeball in the healing machine next to the twin doors and went to wash her face in the bathroom, she was feeling a bit hot in the face from the eruption from the audience, but she was so excited the blood seemed to have rushed to her head a bit. Okay Astrid, you won a round, so far so good. Just keep it up and you and Eevee can become champions. she prepped herself up for what's about to come. She was still feeling a little tired and exhausted a bit, but the adrenaline from the fight is keeping her going. After cooling down for a bit, she left the restroom and picked up Eevee's pokeball from the healing machine and headed outside.
Archie vs Kid
As Astrid walked out from the resting station, she could see that the next match was getting all set up. Archie, the big hulking man who seemed to be dressed like a pirate, was on the left side and Kid, a young southern country girl with a cowboy hat, pink blouse and blue shorts, not to mention the cowboy boots, was on the right side. Astrid got back to her seat on the bench and sat down. As the two participants stood there waiting for the announcer to get up on the ring, Astrid wondered why Archie seemed so tense? Was he nervous or was it something else.

As the announcer got up to the ring, he took out his mic and testedit to make sure it was on, after a successful check, he spoke into the mic.

"Alright you guys. Are you fully prepared to give it your all..."

"GIMME DAT!" A loud voice echoed throughout the Battle Pit as Archie took the mic out of the announcer's hand. He didn't even give the announcer a chance to defend himself from him, he just took the mic from him with a huge thrust of his arm. He put the mic close to his mouth and looked around the audience, who were not so pleased with Archie's random choice of action to steal the mic.

"Now I wanna say a few things before we get the ball rolling." Archie's rugged voice echoed throughout the speakers as he spoke. Astrid could feel the voice in his anger all the way from here. Whatever he is about to say, isn't going to be good at all.

"YOOOOOU!" He angrily yelled through the mic so loud that everyone's ears is probably ringing from the loud booming voice coming through the speakers. He also pointed towards a familiar girl in the bench. The woman with the umbrella, Celeste. Celeste had her full attention to the pirate with a deep and ear-deafening voice. "You wanna know how I feel about your whole 'Love wins all battles' campaign?" He asked Celeste. Celeste sat there watching Archie without answering him back. "I think it's bulls*&t! You think people are going to win Pokemon Battles with just love alone? Weak. You need power. Power and skills. Force your pokemon to become stronger through harsh and rigorous training. Make em strong and train them to their very core. That's how I roll!" He kept rambling on and on about this stuff. Many of of the spectators and fighters are getting very agitated with this man's beliefs it's not funny any more. But there were some who agreed to the man's beliefs and cheered him on.

Celeste could feel a small bit of emotions swelling up in her. While it does hurt, the man is being so senile over it that you think he just hated her guts at this point. After he finished rambling, Celeste smile. "Well if you believe forcing your pokemon to become stronger is better than love, then prove it by winning the tournament then." She smiled, but deep inside, she's ready to strangle the man with her pokemon, but that isn't ladylike for a woman like her. After she finished her reply, Archie moved on from that topic and into another.

"Also, I wanted to say something to the red hair girl also." Hearing that made Astrid jump from her seat. Oh no, what is he planning to say to me? She gulped as she prepared for the worst, she probably had a good guess to what he'll say to her. "While her performance as a trainer is bad, like REAAAAAL bad, we can all agree on that right?" Some of the audience seemed to be discussing things while others said yeah. This made Astrid drop her head in shame. "However! Her Eevee, is F*#&ing radical!" He yelled in excitement on the mic. he's definitely got some of that sailor's mouth on him, not to mention there are kids watching this too. But Astrid was a bit shocked when she heard that. "This Eevee was the best thing i've seen in the tournament all day, performing all the moves without the need of a command. Her Eevee has made me a bit pumped for the battle. I can't say much for the girl though, since she's pretending to be good, when in reality she's really REEEEALLLLY bad and inexperience." Astrid felt even more hurt from it. Even the audience came to a conclusion that she was bad. But she was still a newbie. However, they still thought her Eevee was an amazing pokemon that they've seen. She felt as if her Eevee was the crowd favorite in the tournament. Oh God just SHUT UP already! She was getting more angry at Archie for the words he is saying and that he's convincing the audience to go with his words. Her eyes looking very menacing and ready to punch the guy in the face.

"However, she wasn't as bad compared to that other kid she fought." For once, Archie was complimenting her even if it's small. Astrid did looked a bit shock after hearing that. But she didn't feel too positive about what Archie was going to say to Ben. "I mean, that kid was so bad I don't even think he's a Pokemon Trainer, let alone, not even old enough to be one. Am I right?" Again with his smooth talking. You'd think he'd be a smooth criminal. "I mean the kid couldn't even control his pokemon, let alone grabbing its tail when he shouldn't have. I mean COME OOOOOOOOOOON! You don't grab a Purrloin by the tail, that thing will scratch the s*&t outta ya!" He chuckled as some of the audience followed. "What a failure!" He finished with a laugh. The audience was quite shock when he said that. Especially since the kid he's making fun of has an older brother who is watching from the stand. That was probably not the best choice of words in that matter. The announcer was about ready to blow a fume if he kept this up, but luckily, he stopped.

"Anyway, I think that's it boys and girls. Nice being able to rant to each and everyone one of you. Keep it chill." With a wink to the audience, he returned the mic to the announcer and returned to the other side. The announcer was about ready to give him the boot off the tournament with those comments on the fight and on Celeste.

"You know, I could disqualify you for that, we may not have a rule on that, but this is not something that would be allowed here at all." You could feel the anger coming from his eyes. Archie didn't care much and gave a rather chill response.

"Don't worry about it man, We have free speech here in Epica, if I want to say something, i'll speak my mind okay? Besides, I needed to rant a bit to help me calm down for the fight. Anyways let's get the party started!" He yelled out with his fist in the air. The announcer was starting to get real annoyed by this guy's attitude, but decided to hold his ground and continue the tournament. He sighed before continuing on.

"...Anyways...Let's..." And again, he was interrupted, but by someone else. Kid, who seemed rather distraught at Archie's words to Celeste and the other fighters also.

"Hey bub!" Kid yelled and she pointed her finger at him. "I don't like your attitude. You think you're a big shot huh? Well let me tell you something. Celeste's meaning of love means more than that. it's caring for your pokemon and training them together in order to achieve a goal together. That's how Celeste won the first round, she deeply cares for her pokemon and helps train with them in order to help achieve their dreams together. Understanding that love will allow a pokemon to fight their hardest in battle for the trainer that they love. If you think it's something else, then you're wrong." The audience got up and started cheering for Kid for her courage to stand up to Archie and his harsh words.

"And let me tell you this, while Astrid and Ben may not be the brightest of fighters here, at least they tried their best out there, even if they weren't sure which was the right answer. Astrid tried to fight alongside Eevee despite some small issues. And...While i'm not sure about Ben, at least he was trying to do something out there too. So stop judging them like their stupid, cause I won't stand for you ripping them apart like you just don't care!" The crowd seemed even more enthusiastic than before thanks to Kid's wonderful speech defending against Astrid and Ben. Astrid smiled after hearing it and it made her more determined to do better next round. Thanks Kid. She put her hand to her heart, at least there is someone who believes she is trying her best in the tournament.

"Hehe. How cute, you're standing up for them for their poor performance. I'll show you that you're wrong." Archie gave a wide grin, a deadly slasher smile towards Kid as he decided that he was going to teach her a harsh lesson. Kid was intimidated by it, but wasn't backing down.

"Now if we're done, i'd like to get the round started please." The announcer was finally able to get something out there, he sighed after finishing it and rubbed his face with his hand. Both Archie and Kid pulled out a pokeball and threw them in the air, As both pokeball open simultaneously, the white light flew from the pokeball and fell towards the ground as they took their forms. On Archie's side. The creature appeared to be a rather purple slimy...thing with a goofy face on it.

250px-088Grimer.png

Grimer! Griiiimer. the slimy creature moved around as it flexes its small arms to the crowd. Astrid found it weird for someone like Archie to have something like a Grimer in his possession, not like him at all. Astrid turned around to see what kind of pokemon Kid brought out. It was a orange bull with black hair surrounding its neck. It had two horns on both side of the head and had about three tails on the back.

250px-128Tauros.png

the beast let out a mighty roar as it prepares it self for battling. TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUR! both combatants were ready to go. The grimer put on a mean face and the Tauros kicked the ground with its right leg, preparing to charge at the slimy pokemon.

"Alright then, let the fifth match of the tournament...begin!" The announcer finished his match as the battle began.

Both Archie and Kid were yelling commands after commands to try to attack the other pokemon. Astrid, with the notebook already in her hand, decided to record some notes with some of the moves used in the battle. She was determined to study Archie's strategies since he's such a hotshot when it comes to Pokemon Battle, but how much would she get.

The Tarous charged with a take down, hoping to hit Grimer, but it dodged the attack by ducking underneath Tarous, then it followed up with Mud Bomb as it hit Tauros in the face, blinding it a bit as it cannot see through the thick, hardened mud, As Tauros tried to look around, Grimer was already behind the bull as it uses Sludge Bomb. As the Sludge Bomb hits Tauros in the back, it falls down to the ground injured and crying from the pain.

"Had enough Kid?" Archie taunted as Kid looks at her blinded Tauros. Kid worried about her injured Tauros as the bull tried to get up with problems. Kid smiled. She knew Tauros wouldn't fall down that easily and believed she and her Tauros will make it out of here with a win. No matter what happened. Kid was always looking optimistic even in the darkest times.

"I ain't given up yet. Let's go Tauros!" She yelled as the battle continued, Tauros attempted to use Zen Headbutt on the Grimer, but the grimer started to glow in a pink aura before shrinking in size. As the Grimer used Minimize, Tauros couldn't find the Grimer as it shrank to an unseeable size and couldn't connect the attack. As Tauros scattered in a panic state to find the Grimer, it grew back to size prepared another Sludge Bomb and hit the Tauros while it was near the edge of the ring, Tauros turned around as it heard the Sludge Bomb coming, but couldn't react in time as the attack slammed into the bull. Tauros was sent flying off from the ring and into the ground. Leading to a knock out.

"The winner of the fifth match is Archie and his Grimer!" The announcer spoke through the speakers as Archie and Grimer win the rather easy match with a simple knockout. Some of the audience clapped and others booed at his win. Archie just laughed out loud as he took down another easy opponent.

"That's it? That's the best you can muster. Give me a break. You're bad. Enough said." Archie kept laughing as Kid looked down at her Tauros, who was looking back at Kid with a sad expression. Tauur... the bull cried as if the bull failed to help her win against the arrogant man and his Grimer and help prove her point.

"It's okay Tauros, we'll get him next time." Kid smiled to her depressed pokemon. Tauros give a soft smile and nooded its head. Kid returned Tauros to its pokeball and look back at Archie. "Well played. I'm kinda curious to see if you do make it to the finals and win." Kid smiled. Archie just waved it off as if he doesn't care. "But I can tell you this." She grinned. "Either Celeste or Astrid WILL take you down. Just you wait." After she finished her statement, she left the ring and sat down on one of the bleachers on the right side to watch the rest of the tournament. She felt a bit sad that she lost in the first round. And to someone who is just a complete and utter jerk. But she knows he'll be beaten. She had a good feeling about it.

"How cute of you Kid." Archie laughed, thinking that he'll be beaten by a women in the tournament. With a chuckle, Archie went back to the resting room the recover his Grimer, not like he really needs it, but he always wants to be at full power for the next battle. After he finished he returned to sit in his bench with a evil grin on his face.

"Alright then. The sixth match will now begin shortly. Alvin and Thomas, please step up to the ring." The announcer wanted to have him disqualified so bad for his horrible behavior, but he doesn't have the guts to do so and he didn't violate any big rules. The announcer started to walk up to the ring as he awaited both trainers to walk up to the ring and pull out their pokemon to battle. Astrid got up and cheered for Alvin. "GO GET HIM ALVIN!" She yelled as Alvin got up on the stage. As he waited, he checked the mic again to make sure it's working. Then after they got up on the stage, he said his usual thing before the start of the match.

"Alright guys, whenever you are ready to go, send out your pokemon and go when I say so."

Last edited by a moderator:
Alvin and Thomas

Alvin hatches a scheme!

In what seemed like a flash to Alvin, Astrid's Eevee managed to knock Purrloin out of the arena, and out of consciousness. Thrilled, he yelled "Yeah, you get them Astrid!" He was worried about the insults being thrown by the audience, but what was he going to do; Take the microphone and start calling everybody out?

Well, as it turns out, that's exactly what the next contestant decided to do, only he was with the crowd in their anger. "YOOOOOU!" he angrily screamed, as he went on a completely unhinged rant about how Celeste, Astrid, and then Ben sucked and should die, or something. Alvin felt his blood boil, They're beginning trainers, you have no right... but still the pirate man yammered on, as though he was the most important person in the world. Alvin started getting restless, his blood feeling like it was going to boil over, and Alvin had to resist the urge to run up and smack the guy over the head. Thomas, for his part, was not happy either, as he tried to put his fingers in his ears to block out the noise. "Sheesh, yell a little louder why don't you?" he said sarcastically. Once the wannabe pirate decided to stop, Alvin got up from his seat, his mind racing with anger. "Oh I'll show him..." he said, but then he had an idea pop into his head, a very devious one at that. To give himself an excuse to leave the arena, he told Thomas "I need to go to the restroom...and get some fresh air." and left the stadium. Thomas at first paid no mind, was he keeping track of Alvin? Then he sarcastically added "I don't think you'll find any fresh air in there."

Regardless, Alvin continued on, stopping in the station next to a window overlooking the arena. He thought a little more about his idea, then sent out his Chatot. "Chatot!" he happily greeted Alvin, but the boy gave him look that was a mixture of anger and disappointment. "Chatot, listen." Alvin started "I know you think you're trying to be funny and all, but what you did back in the festival, it's unacceptable." The bird Pokemon laughed a little at this, but Alvin sternly responded "Cut it! I'm serious! I don't want you to do any pranks from now on unless I tell you too." Chatot made a somewhat sad expression, before Alvin continued "Incidentally, there is a certain person I want you to prank. Do you see that burly man out there, the one that looks like a pirate?" Chatot responded with an "Aye Aye Capt'n!" Alvin chuckled a little at this, then said "All right, let me show you something." The two then went over to the men's bathroom, where Alvin whipped out a small plastic bag with deflated balloons. He filled a few with water and then told Chatot "All right, here's what I want you to do. Every time that man shows his face in the arena, I want you to pelt him with these water balloons, then get away before he can do anything about it. Once he's eliminated, I'll give you a lot of them, and he'll have to run and hide, it'll be great! That'll show him not to mess with Pokemon trainers" Chatot seemed to understand what was going on, and his eyes glimmered with mischievousness. And flew off into the woods with balloons in tow. Alvin smiled and put his hands together Man this reminds me of the good old days with the Delibird Gang he thought. His thoughts were disrupted by the host announcing that Archie had won. Alvin, somewhat deflated that the idiot had won, realized that he was up next, and made haste towards the arena.

The Battle Begins!

"Alright then. The sixth match will now begin shortly. Alvin and Thomas, please step up to the ring." The announcer said. Thomas took his side of the arena immediately, but a minute passed afterwards. "Alvin?" the announcer said, clearly more than a little agitated due to the shenanigans having ensued already. Alvin quickly dashed towards the arena to his side, then said "Sorry I'm late, had to take a potty break! Let's go Icarus!" The Torchic quickly followed Alvin onto the stage. Thomas said "Come out Beta." then threw a pokeball.

7.png

Out came a Squirtle, a Water Pokemon with a decisive advantage against Alvin's Fire type. Thomas pulled out his Pokedex, scanning the Torchic for a quick glance at the moves.

Thomas's Encounter

Icarus (Torchic)
Owner: Alvin Michaelson
Ability: Blaze
Moves:
- Scratch
- Growl
- Ember
- Agility

The Agility took him by surprise, but he was unworried about the outcome of the battle. Alvin reached into his pocket to do the same thing, only to remember that Chatot had destroyed it. If he had it, he would have seen the following moveset for Squirtle.

Beta (Squirtle)
Owner: Thomas
Ability: Torrent
Moves:
- Bubble
- Withdraw
- Rapid Spin
- Aura Sphere

Soon after, the announcer said "Alright guys, whenever you are ready to go, send out your pokemon and go when I say so." Thomas decided to start off the battle with "I do hope you're ready to lose, I'd hate to have my first real battle be against a sore loser." Alvin responded with "Oh yeah? I wouldn't be so confident in your victory!" Alvin then heard Astrid crying out "GO GET HIM ALVIN!" Alvin responded by giving a thumbs up sign to Astrid, his confidence growing.

Suddenly the announcer yelled "Go!"

Thomas's Theme

Alvin wasted no time ordering, and said "Torchic, use Scratch!" However, Icarus decided he had a better idea, and launched an Ember attack towards Squirtle. Uh oh, this is bad. the boy thought, worried about the audience. Then he said aloud "Uh...Icarus, that's not gonna do much." Indeed, the attack connected with the Squirtle, but it responded as though it had been hit by a light wind. "Go, respond with a Bubble attack." Thomas said. Squirtle proceeded to launch multiple bubbles out of it's mouth. "Dodge them Icarus!" Alvin then commanded. This time the Torchic listened, but he had trouble avoiding them all, with several colliding and dealing considerably more damage than Torchic's attack. The audience seemed more engaged with this fight, but they were wary that Alvin was not able to command his Pokemon, some members hanging their heads going "Here we go again."

"This isn't good...Icarus, use Agility to get close and then Scratch him!" The Torchic sort of listened to him, but decided he would rather take the attack head on rather than try to avoid it with Agility. Once Icarus got close, Thomas said "Quickly, Withdraw." Beta stopped shooting bubbles, and hid in his shell, just in time to deflect the Scratch attack. Alvin flinched a bit at how easily Thomas was making a fool out of him. Then he realized something, smiled and said "Heh, your Squirtle's gonna have to come out of that shell sometime!"

"That, dear fool, is where you're wrong. Beta, Rapid Spin now!" Suddenly the shell started spinning, faster and faster, toppling the scratching Torchic to the ground, then Beta moved rapidly to slam into Icarus with surprising force. He then went to the other side of the field. "Come on Icarus, get up!" Alvin said. The Torchic tried to comply, but as soon as it got up the turtle spun again at what seemed to be lightning speed and smashed into Torchic again. At this point, Alvin panicked and said "Quickly, use Agility and dodge those attacks." Torchic instead decided to use another Ember attack, which bounced off the shell and resulted in Torchic getting slammed yet again. The audience at this point started to think that the match was pretty much over.

"Icarus..." Alvin said sadly. "Come on buddy, you've gotta get up. You have to trust me, or we're not getting out of this one..." The words seemed to reach Icarus, and he got up, ready to continue the fight. Icarus had decided to put his faith in Alvin, at least for now.

"Ah, your Torchic has some fight left in it I see. I wonder how long it will last?" Thomas taunted. "Beta, hold your position until I say so." The Squirtle stopped spinning for a little bit, a move that confused Alvin. Alvin was not sure what to do at this point, he knew he needed a strategy, but what could he do against an opponent that seemed to outclass him at every level? He decided to stall for time until he could think of something, prompting him to tell Icarus "Use Growl, let's weaken those Rapid Spins of his." Alvin knew from watching TV that Rapid Spin, although fast, was not a very powerful move, and was much of the reason why Torchic was still standing. A Growl would hopefully allow the Rapid Spins to do much less damage. Icarus thought that he should do something differently, but, trusting Alvin, Growled ferociously at Beta. It was a success. However, Alvin was not prepared for Thomas's next move.

"Time to finish this. Beta, Rapid Spin and use your Bubble attack, just as I taught you!" Suddenly the Squirtle started spinning as fast as before, however, this time it was spreading Bubbles everywhere. So now not only did Icarus have to contend with a blindingly fast opponent, but also a field of bubbles that started to resemble a top down shooter, and a difficult one at that. "What the!?" Alvin said in disbelief. He recovered quickly though, and said "Icarus, use Agility to dodge the attacks!" Icarus then started dodging the attacks, however, there were too many for him to dodge them all, and the chick was slowly being worn down by all the abuse it had sustained. Alvin thought deeply about his next move, was there really nothing he could do?

It was here that he thought of something. Why had Thomas stopped Squirtle's spinning attack? As he thought about it more, he realized...perhaps Squirtle was getting dizzy. Of course! Thomas stopped Squirtle from spinning because otherwise it would get dizzy, go out of control, and behave unpredictably. Although, even with that knowledge, Alvin was at a loss for how to take advantage of it; Ember would do very little, while another Scratch wouldn't get past the shell. He closed his eyes, and thought really hard.

Then, all at once, inspiration flashed to him.

=============================
Five years ago...

Mermadelle City, a place known exceedingly well for it's aquatic and natural beauty. As a place that held a lot of Water type Pokemon, it was no surprise that it held many aquariums. Alvin's school had decided to take a field trip to the largest of these, the Mermadelle Marine Center. Alvin, being a huge fan of seeing Pokemon, was excited to go, and viewed the exhibits with excitement.

While there, one of the exhibits was an open tank full of a few aquatic Pokemon that were safe and docile enough to touch. One of these was a Mantyke, but the one that interested Alvin more was the Tortuga. Fossil Pokemon was a fascination to the boy at the time, though it had passed somewhat during the intervening years. What really intrigued him was what the turtle Pokemon, including Squirtle and Tortuga, were like inside the shell. While the rest of the group were distracted by a talk by a marine biologist, Alvin snuck towards the open tank, intending to pry open the shell of the Tortuga.

Luckily for the Tortuga, Alvin was not able to get far before one of the aquarium staff stopped him. "What are you doing!?" the staff angrily demanded of the boy. Alvin, shocked almost to tears, said "I-I-I just wanted to see what was inside the turtle shell mistah." The staff, realizing that Alvin was simply ignorant, calmed down and politely explained to the boy "Well, Tortuga is tough on the outside, but on the inside he is vulnerable. You would hurt him if you removed his shell. You don't want to hurt him do you?"

"Well...no...sorry mistah."

"Haha, it is not a problem. Now come on, let's get you back to your group."

=============================
Alvin's path was now clear, if Torchic could hold on for just a little bit longer...

An opportunity soon came. The Squirtle started slowing down, prompting Thomas to once again command "Retreat for now, and hold your position until I say so." Alvin then smiled with anticipation, and said "Torchic, quickly, use Agility and use Scratch!" The Torchic soon charged Beta, prompting Thomas to mock "Do you really think that's going to work?" Alvin then replied "That won't, but this might. Torchic, quick, use Ember inside one of the holes in the shell!"

"Wha...?" Thomas said in disbelief. Suddenly, Torchic stopped in his tracks. Flames then erupted from Torchic's mouth, and went into the hole where one of the Squirtle's arms would normally be. Icarus's Blaze ability had activated, and produced especially hot flames, which, when applied to Beta, caused the Squirtle to freak out. The burns seemed to put it in enough pain to spin out of control, eventually charging towards Icarus in a last ditch attempt to take him out. However, Icarus easily dodged it and, instead of Beta turning around like he normally would, he skipped right off the edge of the arena and into the wall protecting the audience.

A clear ring out.

"And there you have it folks! Alvin is the winner of this round!" came the announcer's cheerful voice.

"N-No way, I actually did it!" Alvin said in shocked joy. He was so happy he felt about to burst, and Icarus joined him in his jubilee. Slowly, Thomas walked up to Alvin, and held out a grudging handshake. Alvin returned it, prompting Thomas to say "Colvin." Confused, Alvin asked "Huh?" to which the reply came "You wanted to know my last name, there you have it. I shall be watching your progress." Before Alvin could ask what he meant, Thomas turned and left the stadium.

"Huh, what a weird individual. Come on Icarus, let's get you to the Pokemon Center." Alvin said, as the two walked over towards it. Thomas stopped them though and said "The resting station is that way Alvin." chuckling a little on the inside. "...Right, I knew that." Alvin responded, heading in the opposite direction. Thomas, for his part, decided to leave Numera Town, there was little else for him here.

The lone teen looked at the arena one last time, before saying "That boy...he will be a good test subject when my plan is complete I feel. A worthy opponent, perhaps."

Don't Give up Alvin. Astrid's Hope for his Victory

Astrid watched as both Alvin and Thomas walked up to the ring and send out their pokemon. Astrid felt worried about Alvin and his Torchic, for whom he has given him the nickname 'Icarus'. For starters, his opponent has a water type, which was super-effective to his Fire type pokemon. And second, it looks like this "Thomas" guy looks experienced also. She only hoped that Alvin could somehow make it out of this with a win. As she prepared herself for the battle, she took out her trustly notebook and began writing what she has seen in the notebook.

Astrid was writing down some important notes from the battle, but at the same time, she couldn't look away from Alvin as his Torchic was getting beat up badly by the Squirtle. Astrid had a hard time focusing on taking notes, but she continued to hope that Alvin could make a comeback from this battle. As she continued to watch Torchic getting beat up. She noticed that Torchic wasn't obeying his orders, just like Ben and Purrloin to some extent. Could Alvin be having some issues with Torchic too? She looked down at Eevee's pokeball and wondered about the same thing for her frendly fox pokemon too. But it did seem like she was obeying orders at first.

Just then. Astrid looked back to see that Torchic was finally obeying his master, but still was getting creamed. Astrid thought that Alvin might been done very soon and only hope that he think of something quickly before Torchic falls. Astrid closed her eyes and hoped really hard that Alvin could use something to his advantage. Just then, it felt like her hope might've actually helped. Alvin was able to turn the battle around and cause Squirtle to fall off the ring. Astrid smiled brightly, seeing that Alvin won his battle and was moving on with Astrid. "YES! Way to go Alvin!" She yelled after Alvin won her match. It was then that Astrid was feeling better about the tournament and the audience was cheering for Alvin's win. With that, things were looking up for Astrid. She wrote down that last attack on her notebook and put it down for now. After Alvin and Thomas left. The announcer got up and spoke on the mic.

"Alright, it's time for the seventh match of this round. Red and Joey, please step up to the ring."

Red vs Joey

The seventh match was about to be underway. Both of the male fighters walked up to the ring. One of them had a smug look of victory on his face while the other just looked so stoic. Both trainers were staring down each other as the announcer ran up to the stage.

"Alright. Send out your pokemon when you are ready to go." The announcer said. As he walked back, both trainers pulled out their pokeball and released their pokemon from their home. Joey's pokemon was a small purple rat with red eyes and one huge whisker on both side. The rat was giving a gleaming staredown at Red and his pokemon.

250px-019Rattata.png

"Let me tell you something." Joey gave a wide grin to the silent man. "My Rattata...Is top percentage!" He laughed. He was so pumped that his Rattata was THE number one Rattata of all Rattatas. Red shrugged and just stared. "Oh come on, say something will ya!" He was getting nervous at Red's staring at him. Joey looked down at his pokemon. It was teal pokemon with a creme spot on his chest. It had large eyes and large, pointy ears. It had a funny face on it, but it was so cute to many of the audience members.
250px-446Munchlax.png
Munchlax! The big eater joyfully said as to give a fair and clean fight to the Rattata. But the Rattata was ready to get real dirty in this battle. As the announcer looked at each trainer, he determined that they were ready to go. With that, the announcer raised his arms in the air to signal the match.

"Alright then, let the seventh match of the 1st round...BEEEEGIN!" As he threw his arms down to the ring, Rattata wasted no time by charging in and going for a bite. The Muchlax stared down the chasing rat as it got closer, then followed up by jumping over Rattata, but as soon as Munchlax jumped, Rattata jumped also and bit his feet. MUNNCHLAAAAAAX! the big eater yelled in pain from Rattata's bite attack. Munchlax landed face down on the ring as Rattata jumped off. You could see the look on Joey's face when his Rattata got him. Red didn't seemed to care, since his Munchlax was a champ when it came to his health.

At Red's command, Munchlax rolled into a ball and started to roll across the ring, Astrid watched as the Munchlax used Rollout across the ring in attempt to hit the quick purple rat. The speed of Munchlax's Rollout was so fast that Rattata couldn't dodge it in time when he saw it and took a blow from it, which kept the attack going further. The big eater went for another attack, but Rattata had saw it quickly and had more time to easily dodged it. Because the rat dodged the second rollout attack, Munchlax stopped rolling and got on his feet. As Munchlax jumped out of his Rollout attack, Rattata quickly countered with a Quick Attack and slamming the big boy down the ground again.

Joey seemed to have Red on the ropes, but Munchlax was still fine. As it got up, it stood there watching Rattata, Joey had Rattata use another bite. Rattata took charge again and went in for the bite. Munchlax jumped again, however, during that jump, Red gave him the command to Body Slam as Rattata jumped for the bite. As Munchlax started to fall down on Rattata, it used all its force to the body and smashed the Rattata down on the ground before it could use its attack. Some of the audience gasped as the poor Rattata was squished between the ground and Munchlax's body weight. Rattata's front right leg, which was free from Munchlax's weight, twitched as it tried to grasp for air.

As Munchlax got up, you could see that Rattata was almost dead. barely able to breathe from the monstrosity that is Munchlax and it gave a ghastly dead expression as it gasp for fresh, non-smelly air. The purple rat got up and barely shook off the bouldering pain from the body slam. Joey think it was time to finish this battle. With a command, Rattata used Focus Energy as a white aura formed around the Rattata, as the purple rat was using Focus Energy, The Munchlax was commanded by Red to use Belly Drum, in which it started to slam its belly like a gong a few times. A red aura starts to form around Munchlax, this move enhanced its attack power tremendously but at the cost of his health.

It was coming down to this moment. Both trainer yelled out their attacks. "Hyper Fang!" "Focus Punch" Both pokemon were using their strongest attack against each other and any attack could knock out the other if it connects. Rattata showed its huge teeth as it charged towards Munchlax. Munchlax right hand started to glow with a blue aura around it as it waits for Rattata to get closer. As soon as Rattata was close enough to Munchlax, it pounced as it tried to sank its teeth into Munchlax. Munchlax sidestepped from Rattata's attack and swung a uppercut version of the Focus Punch on Rattata's face. The power from Belly Drum caused the Rattata to be sent flying way way way into the air, to the point where you couldn't see the purple rat anymore. Joey and the rest of the audience was at a lost for words. The poor Rattata was sent flying into space and it doesn't seem like the rat will be coming down anytime soon and if it would, it wouldn't be in the Battle Pit anymore. The announcer couldn't believe what he just saw. And just went ahead and announced the victor.

"Well...I think it's time to end this fight at this point. The winner of this match is Red and his Munchlax." He was still speechless from what happened. He was just worried about the poor Rattata that was sent to space by Munchlax's combination of Belly Drum and Focus Punch. Even Astrid was awestruck in surprise from the aftermath. Jeezs. Overkill much?" Astrid couldn't really fathom what just happened. She was expecting to see the Rattata fly in the air from the attack, but not THAT far in the air. She wonders if the Rattata was going to be alright when it landed. Joey cried out to his Rattata and ran out of the Battle Pit to find his Rattata. It wasn't long before Red went to the resting station with Munchlax in his pokeball to heal up for the next round. Astrid did write down some notes on the new attacks she learned so that she could study them. The announcer didn't wait to bring up the last contestants for the first round.

"Alright. It's time for the last battle in the first round. Clavies and Danielle. Please make your way to the stage!" The announcer said into the mic with a huge joy in his tone of voice. He got up to the ring as he awaited for both girls to enter the ring. Astrid heard the name Clavies before, but she knew who she was cheering for when she got up.
I Finally Found You
As Merlin continued to search for the missing Chimchar, he started to feel a little bit tired walking around aimlessly in the festival for a fire monkey. As he was making his way through the Battle Pit, he noticed a green haired girl and a familiar looking fire monkey. Chimchar? Merlin thought, thinking he might've found his pokemon that left him at the arena. As he followed the girl and Chimchar, he entered the Battle Pit, it seems like the red haired girl won her match with the young kid. Well done. Merlin smiled under his breath. As she left the go heal, he looked around the arena for Chimchar, as he looked around, the next opponents were called up to the stage. The two fighters on the ring was a big burly man and a country girl, one that Merlin could flirt with. As the burly man roared his voice around the Battle Pit, calling out people for whatever reasons they had. Merlin gave a disgusted look at the man for his rude behavior, but continued to watch the unfolding events.

Chimchar on the other hand, was not liking this at all. He shuddered in fear as the man started to be mean to many other people in the tournament. "Chimchar..." He felt sad once again, wishing he could see others by happy to each other and not share insults to others. As he finished, the tournament resumed. Chimchar pointed towards the bleachers, where his master was sitting at one point, but to see him gone, shocked Chimchar. I guess he realized that his Chimchar went missing and went out to search for him. The battle with Archie quickly ended as Kid's Tauros was knocked out of ring by a Sludge Bomb. As expected from the man with a loud mouth. Merlin watched as he continued to run his badmouthing at others. He could just go over there and...Well, have a nice chat with him, but he didn't feel like it was the time.

As the next match unfolded in Merlin's eyes, the battle between two boys with a Torchic and a Squirtle began. He felt like the boy with a Torchic was going to lose for so many reasons, but the last attack in the battle by the Torchic surprised him as the Torchic used ember, infused by its ability inside of the Squritle's shell and send him flying off the ring due to the lost of control. Even Merlin was a bit impressed. This boy...I think he'll be a good fighter one day. The smirk on his face shows his interest in battling the young boy in the near future. As he finished, he spotted the girl and the Chimchar. He walked over to them and said something to his Chimchar.

"Hey!" He yelled to get his attention to the Chimchar, As the fire monkey turned around and spotted Merlin, "Chimchar!" he happily cheered as he found his master and ran directly towards him, hugging his leg. Merlin sighed and took out Chimchar's pokeball. "Don't scare me like that. Get in your pokeball. We'll discuss your disappearing act later." He returned Chimchar's to its pokeball and looked at the young green haired woman. "My deepest apology if my pokemon was bothering you." He charmly apologized for his Chimchar for thinking he might've bothered her. "I hope he didn't bother you too much." he moved his hair back in a very charming way that would be hard for the green hair woman to feel infatuated to him. He was at it again with his charming personality and his irresistible seduction moves to the woman. Just then, the battle between Red and Joey was going on in the background while he was talking to her.​

A Coincidental Foreshadowing
"My apologies Viola, but I need to attend to something. I'll return to watch the rest of the tournament after I'm through." Jay said to the girl.

As Jay stood to go find his brother, a thick accented voice boomed across the arena which caught his attention. "YOOOOOU!" For a second, Jay thought the guy was calling him out for merely standing, but then realized that his eyes were directed at the special guest, Celeste. By the tone of the guy's voice, Jay guessed whatever the guy had to say wasn't going to be positive. While Jay didn't quite understand Celeste's idea of battling with love, he also didn't see eye to eye with most of what the inconsiderate punk was spewing out either. Harsh and rigorous training? Jay believed the pokemon would be overworked and drained from performing at their best with that method.

After deciding that the guy with the mic was just some egotistical Power junkie, Jay began to walk away to leave the stands until something stopped him. "Also, I wanted to say something to the red hair girl also." This caused Jay to refuse another step and turn his head to the side in order to listen to what the disrespectful kid had to say. How unwise. Jay couldn't believe how this guy was behaving, and that the announcer was just standing there and doing nothing about the problem. The guy took a hit at Astrid's experience as a pokemon trainer, and was ignorant to the fact that most of them were only beginners. Jay just shook his head at the guy's foolishness.

Jay practically zoned out the guy at the mic and started to walk again until the fool began to call out his little brother... Jay paused from moving and sat slowly upon an empty spot on the benches to listen closely. Most of what the guy had to say actually wasn't that offensive (to Jay anyway), because it was the truth. Robbin wasn't even supposed to be out there battling as a pokemon trainer, and he really did have no control over his own pokemon. Jay agreed that it wasn't very smart to grab the cat's tail as well, but he just didn't agree with how this guy was shouting out his opinion in a provocative way. What a character.

Everything stated by the guy was tolerable enough to Jay, until he finished his childish rant by calling Robbin a failure. This struck a nerve within Jay, but he quickly began to calm himself with a reminder that this guy was fishing for a reaction. Jay wouldn't satisfy the guy's desire by making a fool of himself as well, so he sat in silence with a slight chuckle at the guy's foolery. He, however, wasn't going to let the guy off completely.

Once making it to the bottom of the stands, Jay made a stop at the railing which overlooked the pit where the tournament contestants sat as they waited for their matches. He made it there right before Archie left for his match. When he noticed Astrid, he spoke up loudly for her and the others (including Archie) to hear, "Astrid, congrats on your win. Eevee did great, and you did what you could." He complimented her genuinely before continuing, "Don't allow the witless words of others to affect you." With that said, he looked Archie's way. "Karma has a way of dealing with those who speak with a blatant tongue." With that, he left while Chatot prepared the water bombs.

Search for the Missing Robbin

After having searched the Resting Station, Jay left without a sign of Robbin. Where could he have gone? He tried to think of any significant places that Robbin use to retreat to as a kid, but he was drawing a blank. Monument Square? He considered this, but it was more of a place that Robbin use to like in general. Nevertheless, it was good to start somewhere. As he made his way there, he kept an eye out through the festival and almost walked into a large Gyrados puppet that was dancing around like a Chinese Dragon with festival volunteers underneath guiding the massive thing with poles. He backed away to witness the beautiful sight before returning quickly to his search.

Once making it to the square, Jay looked behind every statue and everywhere possible. Still no Robbin. Do I have to search the entire town?.. Jay was beginning to feel worried and he tried to think where else to look. Did he go home? He thought, regarding the Grand museum. No, I doubt it... Their mom would be home, and Jay knew that Robbin would try to avoid her for the sake of his premature journey.

As he continued to ponder over Robbin's whereabouts, Jay spotted Bee walking with what looked to be a fire monkey in the distance. She was headed back to the Battle Pit and she was out of range for Jay to call out to her. Maybe she saw where.. If she hadn't, his next guess was that Robbin might show back up to the tournament to find her eventually... right?.. As he decided that this would save him from tirelessly searching every inch of Numera, Jay began to walk back toward the pit.

Iggy?.. A tiny voice came out of nowhere which caused Jay to spin around in surprise. Igglybuff was near the Pokemon Park with a lost expression. IGGLY! IGG! She was calling out as if looking for someone. Oh no. Jay realized that Igglybuff was looking for Robbin too, and he immediately jogged over to meet her. "It's you. Did you see which way Robbin went?" He asked kindly to the pink chub. Iggle... Robbin's baby pokemon shook her body from left to right with a sad response. "Alright, don't fret... I'll help you find him." With this said, Jay knelt down to offer outstretched hands with a welcoming smile.

At first, Igglybuff gave an unsure look, but then her face became grateful and as if she could see he and Robbin's relation. She bounced into Jay's arms with a teary face and looked up at him with a smile. Buffy! Jay chuckled warmly at the pokemon's optimistic attitude. "Ok then. Let's go." He led the way to the tournament while carrying Igglybuff.

When they arrived to the Battle Pit, Jay couldn't spot Bee, but he did see the conclusion to Alvin's battle. Wow. Looks like I might be here for awhile.. He thought, as he realized that both Astrid and Alvin would advance in the bracket. He looked down to Igglybuff who was looking all around for her master, but wasn't having any luck. I really need to find Beatrice. She was the key in helping find his brother. Jay looked around and hoped Bee would find him, since he couldn't spot her. "It's ok. We're going to find them." Jay assured Igglybuff, and closed his eyes to desperately wish that Bee was still somewhere at the tournament. Igg.. Igglybuff said with a sad cry. @EchoRun

Last edited:
She was actually getting nervous. Like, really nervous. She was watching the other battles, and she had to admit, she was getting pretty anxious based off how well the other trainers had handled their pokemon. What if Ralts didn't listen to her? What if she started going off and doing what she wanted? Just the thought of it scared her, and Ralts was able to see the fear in her trainer's face. "It's okay." Ralts said, patting her trainer's arm in a reassuring manner. Ralts was like a mother to her, like a mentor, and gosh, Clavies wouldn't know what to do if Ralts weren't there to support her. With a nod, she slowly picked up her small pokemon, and followed Danielle out to the arena. The announcer had called out their names, which caused the girl to almost trip from shaking so violently. This girl had horrible stage fright, but during contests, she was able to perform without a problem. With this idea in mind, Ralts tapped her trainer's shoulder. "Just think of it as a contest. I promise that it'll work out." The Ralts smiled, and soon, they had arrived. "Alright folks! This is the final battle of the first round! Send out your pokemon once you're ready!" The announcer called out, and Clavies took a deep breath. Danielle took note of Clavies' state, and smirked. If she could pressure Clavies, then it's possible to make her lose! She had put the small pokemon back into the pokeball before getting onto the field, and once they were both there, they were greeted with the cheers. The two girls were known from their participation in the contest, though it looked like the crowd was more on Clavies' side after winning with Milotic.

"Here we go! Pichu, lets show 'em what you got!" The girl shouted, throwing her pokeball into the air. Out popped a small mouse pokemon, with yellow and black colors with a cute lightning bolt for a tail. The small pokemon stood up proudly, doing a small spin to show off how cute it was. The announcer, however, just rolled his eyes. He then turned his attention to Clavies, who hesitantly threw out Ralt's pokeball onto the field. "Ralts, Um.. Good luck!" She said, as the small pokemon popped out of the pokeball. If anything, Ralts appeared to be slightly worried about her trainer, seeing how nervous she was still. Though, Ralts really did trust her trainer, and got into a fighting stance to let out a cry. Ralts!

Contest on a Battle Field!
[spoili]
[ Ralts vs. Pichu ]
{ Confusion, Return, Disarming Voice, Magical Leaf }
{ Thunder Shock, Charm, Charge, Attract }
Both of them knew that they couldn't afford to lose. Ralts was pumped up, and Pichu had a bone to pick with the Feebas. She didn't seen very happy that Ralts showed up, but nevertheless, had the confidence that she could beat her. Ralts was clearly at a disadvantage speed wise, but Ralts wasn't going to be losing anytime soon. "Pichu! Lets show them your Charm!" She commanded, leading to the Pichu winking and giving it's most adorable charm gaze. Of course, it didn't matter for Ralts, seeing that she didn't have any moves that relied on attack power. Sure, Ralts took it, she rolled her eyes instead of falling for the cute act. She had to put up with Litwick for gods sake. "Confusion!" She called out, and Ralts obeyed. She ran up to the Pichu who was too busy being adorable, eyes glowing a light blue and sending a weak, telekinetic wave to the mouse, who was hit. Danielle did not look happy with this, praying that Pichu wouldn't be confused due to the hit.

The crowd seemed to like Ralts for attacking, but a few members were taken in by Pichu's cuteness. Pichu put up a little damsel in distress act, which greatly annoyed the bowl cut psychic. "Pichu! Charge up dramatically!" Danielle called out, and Pichu had again, complied. Sparks flew around Pichu and on her cheek pouches, but none of it was released. It kept doing that, much to Ralts' further annoyance. With that, seeing that the Pichu was so occupied with charging, Clavies used this chance to attack. "Ralts! Um.. Disarming voice!" She commanded, and Ralts had opened her mouth and let out a charming cry at the Pichu, slowly getting closer to the small mouse. Pichu, being too occupied with her posing while charging, got hit by the attack. However, didn't sustain much damage. Pichu had run over to Ralts, still while she was charging. "Okay dear! Knock 'em dead with Attract!"

Within close rage, Pichu had winked, and sent multiple pink hearts at Ralts' face. Danielle was expecting Ralts to sway, and Ralts gave that to her. Although, she was faking that of course. Raaaalts~ she purred, and Clavies had to suppress the urge to burst out laughing. To others, it would sound as though Ralts were in love, but in reality, Ralts had said the following: 'Oh kill me noooooow'.

"Pichu! Thundershock!" Danielle had called out, in a tone where she was confident that she would have won with this. Rather, Ralts just rolled her eyes, trying to dodge while swaying around. Clavies was trying so hard not to laugh, it was almost painful. "C-Come on Ralts! You have to snap out of it! Disarming voice! Oh.. Um.. Please!" She actually used please. With that, Ralts had let out a charming cry, producing pink rings that would have represented sound waves traveling to Pichu, who was clearly taking her sweet time by showing off. The Disarming voice had hit, and Pichu had to jolt back a bit due to the attack. Pi pi! She had cried out, finally satisfying Ralts. Danielle looked a little confused, as to why Ralts was able to attack like that. "Confusion while she's down!" Clavies had called out, prompting Ralts to send a weak, telekinetic wave at the mouse. Ralt's eyes were glowing a soft blue color, which finally made Danielle realize that Ralts was never under the effects of attract. "Pichu!" She called out desperately, trying to encourage the pokemon to get up. Pichu was slowly gotten up, still trying to recover from the shock of the sudden attack. However, she wasn't able to get up fast enough, eventually getting hit again. She was blown back to the edge of the arena; however, not quite out yet. "Thunder shock!"

With that, Pichu let out an electrical discharge, which would have been more powerful due to the excessive charging that she did. The attack had hit Ralts, causing the bipolar pokemon to be visibly wounded by the shock. Pichu had smirked slyly, and it was clear that Ralts was not pleased with this. "R-Return!" Clavies had yelled out, however, Ralts completely disregarded her own trainer, throwing something out that formed glowing leaves. At first, Clavies was confused, and quickly searched her mind for the name of that move.

"M-Magical leaf?!" Was what Danielle had shrieked out. Magical leaf was a move that pursued the opponent, however it could still be destroyed/canceled out if another move were to hit it. Sadly, Pichu had no moves of the sort. "Pichu! Stay away from the edge of the ring!" She yelled, but Pichu was unable to hear her trainer at their distance, and was greeted by the leafs barraging her. With that, Pichu fell out of the ring.
[/spoili]

"And the Winner of the final match of round one is Clavies, and her Ralts!"

The announcer had yelled out, drawing out a sigh of relief from Clavies. She was so nervous, she was barely able to stand without having her legs give out. Ralts looked back at her trainer, running up to the female trainer and giving her a pat on the knee, a thumbs up, then a hug. "I never knew that you've learned Magical leaf. Since when did you have that?" She asked, but the bowl-cut pokemon just smiled bright.

So Did We Win Or Lose Hide and Seek? (Although I guess Robbin wins, since we have no clue where he is.)

Maybe they could have chosen a better time to get there. While at first it seemed like the tournament was proceeding as normal, but an ear-splitting yell in the microphone quickly destroyed that notion. It was some guy dressed like a pirate named Archie Psh. Archie? What? Is that some kind of reference to something? That's as bad as that Maxie guy a few rounds ago. He seemed, well, a little disappointed in some of the battles that had taken place in the arena tonight, and was eager to call them out on it.

He started with Celeste, criticizing her methods and boasting about his own. Had he seen Celeste's battle? That was really impressive, in her opinion. And while she still didn't quite understand what Celeste had meant about battling with love, she didn't agree with Archie's strategy. There needed to be some kind of middle ground, right? There wasn't really much time to contemplate it, since the guy was moving on the Astrid; criticizing her every time he could while admitting his admiration for Eevee. His rant about Ben was even worse, and while she agreed Purrloin probably wasn't the best choice, this was certainly not a good way to address it, and she kind of wished that she was the one down there battling him instead. This also made Bee realize that she actually hadn't seen much of the previous battle. The way it sounded made it sound like it could have gone better, though. Of course, this pirate was forgetting something that was kind of... maybe... just a little bit important. They were both new trainers. He couldn't possibly expect them to be great from the start. That's why they were here.

When Archie's deafening rant was over, Bee looked at Chimchar, ready to continue . It seemed sad about what had just happened, and she really didn't want to see the fire monkey that had just cheered her up get upset. She wasn't really sure how to go about it. "Hey, don't worry about that jug head. He doesn't know what he's saying." She said, immediately rubbing the hinges of her jaw afterwards. She must have started grinding her teeth during Maxie's little speech without realizing it.* Chimchar pointed to where its trainer was... Well, had been. There was no one there now. She tuned out the battle between Archie and Kid as she tried to think of what to do next, and by the time the battle was over, she still wasn't sure what to do.

"Maybe they'll come back?" She suggested as Alvin and Thomas take their places. If they didn't show up, they could always hang out at the Pokémon Center until they hopefully came by. This battle went really nicely actually. At first, it looked like Torchic didn't want to listen to Alvin, and things were looking pretty grim. Even when Alvin had convinced his Pokémon to trust him, that other kid's Squirtle was in its shell, and it didn't look like it'd be going anywhere any time soon. Fortunately, inspiration seemed to strike Alvin, and he had Torchic use Ember in one of the holes in Squirtle's shell. Clever... That brilliant idea seemed to be what won the match for Alvin, as Squirtle got a ring out shortly after that. Bee clapped for Alvin's win, and not long after, she heard someone calling for Chimchar.

"Oh- Uh... No. He wasn't any trouble, really." Bee said, scratching the back of her head and looking to the side. Who the heck was this guy? "I guess- I mean, my Treecko does the same thing, sometimes. I was at the Memorial Square place, and he showed up. I figured if he had a trainer, they'd probably be worried about him, and so I thought I'd make sure he got back safely-" She paused, realizing that the words had just come tumbling out of her mouth, and she was speaking really, really quickly. She was keeping her eyes down, either looking off at the battle or angling her gaze towards the ground. She looked up to apologize, though. "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to start, uh..." She paused, having trouble finding the right word. "Rambling?" Well, that was as good of a word as any. Suddenly, a quick motion out of the corner of her eye caught her attention. "WOAH! DID YOU SEE THAT?!" She had looked over just in time to see the end of Joey and Red's battle. She'd feel bad for the Rattata (and finding its launch into the cosmos so amazing) later, of course. Right now, she realized that this was probably a once in a lifetime sighting. Unless you're Ash Ketchum and Co. In which case, you probably see both people and Pokémon getting launched into the sky every other day. She was astounded by the fact that that had even managed to work.

Slakoth was hanging from Bee's back, and seemed to enjoy observing everything, as usual. It wasn't like he was trying to get anywhere in a big hurry to get anywhere, after all. All of these battles were quite... exciting he supposed...However, they were much too fast paced for him... It was tiring, and he could barely keep up. As the one between the Rattata and Munchlax began, Slakoth decided to take a well deserved break from watching battles. His gaze slowly drifted over the audience, and he did a very slow double take at the sight of that one blue-haired trainer from earlier with Igglybuff. "Slaaaaaa..." Slakoth yawned/called, patting the back of Bee's head and waving one of his arms in Jay and Igglybuff's general direction.

"Oh? What is it, Slakoth?" Rattatas being launched into space (or at least pretty far away) momentarily forgotten, she turned her head to look at the "fur slug", then followed his paw to where it was pointing. She spotted Jay and a familiar pink puff ball, Igglybuff. Robbin was no where to be seen. "Oh, right. Uh... Sorry, I need to go." She said to Chimchar's trainer, before leaving in the direction that Slakoth had spotted Jay. Once she thought she was in earshot, she called out. "Jay? Is everything alright?"

@EternalInfinity @True Self

Reunited, and it Feels so Good (Ok maybe that's excessive)

As he stood with Robbin's pokemon within his arms, Jay waited in hopes for Bee to show up. In the meantime, he noticed a particular name being announced for the last match of the first round of brackets. IGGG! The pink balloon creature squirmed in Jay's arms as she recognized Clavies below, and a hopeful smile lit up her now cheery face.

Jay was relieved to see the girl's new face as he remembered that Beatrice spoke of her as a friend. "As long as she's here, then we're bound to see Beatrice and Robbin again." He returned a hopeful smirk of his own to the chub ball before curiously watching the Clavies girl's match. At the same time, he sadly wondered if Robbin had released Igglybuff.

A Ralts? Jay was familiar with most pokemon from his studies about their temperaments, but he still liked to check their data on the Pokedex for additional information. Ralts, The Feeling Pokemon... A Psychic/Fairy type... "It uses the horns on its head to sense human emotions. It is said to appear in front of cheerful people."

Once doing so, Jay remembered something from the books, Right. A pokemon that frequently empathizes with those around it. Just as I learned. He watched as the opposing trainer chose a Pichu and an unsure smile formed across his face. Pikachu's first form. It looks cute, but I'd rather keep my distance. He was hesitant around electric types for his fear of paralysis.

The battle pressed on and Ralts seemed to be faring well against the electric mouse. Glee! Igglybuff cheered them on as Clavies and Ralts worked together to take on their opponents. The tournament is going a lot smoother than it had been, that's for sure. Jay thought, as he remembered how disorderly Astrid and Robbin's match had been.

Meanwhile, Ralts was appearing pretty unbothered during the battle which made the match somewhat easier to witness. Before Jay could finish semi-critiquing the fight, a voice took him by surprise that helped his mind slightly ease from worry. "Beatrice, I'm glad you're back!" He was taken aback by his loud-ish outburst, and rubbed his shoulder shyly.

IGGLEE! Before he knew it, Igglybuff shot out of his arms like a bullet and face slammed onto the front of Bee's shoulder for a thrilled hug to her and Slakoth both.

Uh, well.. this is good. Jay thought at the sight, and waited with a hopeful look to Bee. He also hoped she was back to normal after his spaz out concerning his brother's discovery. In the interim, Igglybuff kept her embrace upon Bee and the sloth with an unfaltering beam upon her face.

"And the Winner of the final match of round one is Clavies, and her Ralts!" The interruption caused Jay to turn his head to see Pichu fallen over in a pile of colorful leaves.

"Looks like our friends are in it to win it." Jay said referring to Astrid and Alvin, and Bee's friend Clavies for winning their first rounds. He couldn't say the same for Robbin, because he had entered seemingly unprepared. The statement was really Jay's attempt at a momentary ice breaker.

"Do you know where Robbin is?" Jay finally said, after his awkward pause. "I couldn't find him after his match..."

Last edited:
So It Looks Like Nows A Good Time To Address A Few Donphan In the Room (Although I'm Not Sure Whether The Arena Classifies As A "Room" Or Not)

"Gah!" Bee exclaimed, staggering backwards a bit as Igglybuff launched forward to give her (and Slakoth, who appreciated the gesture) a surprise hug. She smiled and pet the friendly pink Pokemon on the head. "Hey Igglybuff. It's nice to see you, too."

Bee a little preoccupied with Igglybuff, and she looked up at the arena at Jay's statement. "Oh, yeah, you're right. Great job, Clavies!" She shouted to her friend. She was proud of Clavies, but at the same time she was a little disappointed. She hadn't seen the majority of Clavies's battle, or even Robbin's for that matter. That was the only reason she was here in the first place. And she left the arena during Robbin's match and wasn't paying attention during Clavies's. Which reminded her. "...I'm, uh, sorry for leaving." At the time it was the only thing she could think of doing, now that she looked back on it, she kind of regretted it. It couldn't have been very helpful, except that at least now they both seemed to be calmer.

Jay's question about Robbin caught her off guard. "Robbin? I haven't seen him. Honest." She realized that this was a bad thing shortly after she finished speaking. That would also explain a lot. "Shoot, wait. You said you haven't seen him?" Bee thought back to before she had come back with Chimchar. Had she maybe seen Robbin outside of the arena, and not realized it? Or was there another exit for competitors? She hadn't really paid attention to that. "Where did you look?"

The Second Round Begins! Astrid vs Archie!

The final match of the first round was over. As both fighters walked off the stage, the announcer got up from his commentator seat and walked to the ring with his mic in his hand. The first round was officially done and only 8 fighters remained from the 16 members that joined. As Astrid thought about the bracket, She would have to face Maxie in the next round, following the traditional rule. Consider that Maxie was not so good, Astrid shouldn't have any problems. But then again, Maxie could use another pokemon in her battle. She took out her notes and looked at them to see what she could use for her next battle, Before she could finish reading up on her notes, the announcer spoke into the mic.

"Alright ladies and gentleman, the first round of the Numera Festival Tournament is over. Give a warm applause for our 8 remaining fighters." As he finished his sentence, he pointed towards the TV attached to the top of the resting station. The names of the winners from the first round appeared on the TV in the order they won.

Blake
Celeste
Maxie
Astrid
Archie
Alvin
Red
Clavies

As the names appear all at once, the audience got up and started clapping for them. As the audience died down and sat back down on their seats, the announcer spoke up again.

"Now we will begin the second round of the Numera Festival Tournament. Normally we follow the traditional rules and have the winner of the first and second match face off first." The announcer was being a bit too gleeful in that late statement. "But, we've decided to switch things up a little bit. In the second and third round, we're randomly choosing who will face who in the following rounds instead." As the announcer finished the statement, there was a mixed reaction from surprised from happy from both the audience and the fighters. This is a first for the tournament, having to switch up the matches will make things interesting. Astrid wouldn't have to face Maxie now. But, this means she might have the chance to face either Celeste or even the big man himself, Archie. Please not Archie please not Archie. She prayed to whatever thing could hear Astrid as she has a opponent who wasn't going to beat her senseless. As the announcer got the results from on of the staff members, he gathered everyone's attention.

"Alright, it seems like we have the matches finalized for the second round. Please point your eyes to the screen to see who will be battling who." The announcer looked at the screen as the matches show up on the screen.

VJ38OkP.png

"And there you have it. We have the second round matches all set up to go. Our first match of this round will be the inspiring Astrid vs the rough and tough Archie. This should be an interesting match." Those were the words Astrid didn't hear. Out of all the trainers they could've paired her up with, it had to be someone who is just a spiteful person who gets his enjoyment on mocking others for their poor performance compared to him. Well...Rest in Peace Astrid. She cried in the inside as her opponent was, of course, the big bully, Archie.

Meanwhile, Archie punched his left hand with his right hand curled in a fist in excitement. Finally! I'm gonna get my hands on fighting her Eevee. Heck yeah! He was only interested in fighting Eevee, Astrid was someone he could just shoo away if he needed, but this is a tournament, so he would have to face both Astrid and Eevee in the tournament. With a bit of disappointed, he walked up to the stage as Astrid walked up to the ring very nervously. As Astrid reached the ring. Archie gave a disgusted look. Seems like he was just beginning his good old snarky comments to the poor girl.

"Look everyone! Look who my opponent is. This pathetically bad trainer and her deadly Eevee." Archie returned to his normal bickering to every bad trainers as usual, but this wasn't anything new to almost everyone in the Battle Pit. Astrid felt a nerve sting from Archie's word, but she held it in. "You think you're gonna stand a chance to a beast like me...Honestly you, a poor, dumb, redheaded girl who is too scared to even command her own pokemon in battle? What a joke. I'll make you cry in front of everyone here and i'll enjoy each and every second of it." It was getting to a point that the audience was getting sick of his talking. Even Celeste was starting to get disgusted looking at him. After his speech, water ballons starting flying across from the right side of the bleachers and slamming into every body part of Archie's. At first, Archie blocked every section that got hit from the water balloon. Head, Chest, legs, even the crouch. "Gah! What gives!" he yelled as the water balloons keep hitting him. After he realized there's just water balloons, he just took a manly pose and stared as Astrid as the water balloons kept hitting him.

"So..." Archie gave a wide slasher smile to Astrid as he crosses his arms. "This was your doing all along isn't it?" He was ready to attack Astrid head on as he gripped his hands tightly into a fist. "Don't play dumb. You didn't like when I said bad things about you sucking so you came up with this plan to make me run away isn't it." He seemed fully accepting on pinning the blame on Astrid. What Alvin may have planned from the start might've caused a big issue for Astrid.

"Well, I suppose someone in the audience didn't like your tone during your match." Astrid tried to pin the blame somewhere else, hoping that Archie would understand and perhaps try to escape being pinned on by him, but this is Archie we're talking about. The man who looks to blame first and think later.

"Don't play dumb with me wench!" His anger continued to boil deep within his harsh words. "I know when someone wants revenge for what i've said to them so don't try to change the subject!" He kept rambling on. Astrid was about almost defeated at the man's overwhelming words. However, Archie glanced over and saw a flying Chatot run back to the resting station. "Ahh, the culprit. Now we'll see who you really belong." Archie smiled as he pulled out a pokedex and scanned it. Astrid knew who's Chatot it was, it was a troublemaker pokemon that Alvin had with him when the parrot and his Lillipup stole some pie from a chef before the tournament. If Archie found out the full information of the parrot, including the owner, Alvin would be in trouble.

Chatot
Normal/Flying Type
Owner: ???
Abililty: ???
Moves: ???
The disappointment in Archie's face gave a very small smile to Astrid's face that somehow, Alvin didn't register his Chatot at one point, meaning he doesn't know who owns it or if it was just a random pokemon. "Bah!" He yelled as he returned his pokedex to his pockets. "Doesn't matter at this point, if I do ever find out who did it, they'll be in for a world of hurt." he added. He was irritated at this point, but he still kept his main focus on the tournament and Astrid in particular.

"Anyways, I know you hate me so bad because I made you look like a fool out there. You're a horrible trainer and i'm going to make you suffer, until you quit being a pokemon trainer and realize how pathetic your life really is." His words became twisted with evil and laughter as he continued to mock Astrid for her fighting style. At this point, the audience started to get a bit tired of Archie's constant mocking and booed him. Even the announcer was about ready to disqualify him. Archie grinned while trying to keep the audience on his side. But in reality, he was getting angry at the audience for not following his awesome speech of laughing at horrible people. Astrid noticed him holding in his anger, realizing something important of Archie. He didn't like people mocking him either and wants everyone to agree on his statements. "What? Can't let me have some bit of fun." Archie tried to play it cool. At this point, Astrid was about to lose it. She wasn't going to be able to fight Archie if he kept continuing to bully here during the match. As she cried, a voice came into her head.

"Don't allow the witless words of others to affect you. Karma has a way of dealing with those who speak with a blatant tongue."

The words that Jay told her seemed to have bring her back to her sense. He was right. She shouldn't let some idiot go out and make a fool out of her for a beginner's mistake. And she had some words of her own she wanted to say to him, even if it sounds suicide at this point. She had enough of his blasphemy lies and as her blood boiling with excitement and rage, shouted loudly across the Battle Pit.

"Hey! Archie!" Astrid yelled, her yelling caught Archie's attention and looked at her with a stern look on his face. "Yeah, you. Everyone here has had enough of your nonsense." Her voice echoed throughout the Battle Pit, even leaking out a little to the festival. "You know, some people in this tournament are new trainers here and we're learning more about how our Pokemon act in battle. While I may be a bit slow in commanding, Eevee fights with her heart and by seeing that, she is teaching me more about fighting in battles. And while Ben is a completely new trainer, AT LEAST he tried to fight, disregarding a disobedient pokemon. I ain't going to sit around a watch you run your mouth with nothing but threats to other trainers and satisfaction for your own retarded ego. You may be a good battler, but all you really are is a selfish, blatant attention whore who gets mad when no one pays attention to your funny and downright cruel statements!" Astrid finished with a roar of thunder echoing throughout the area. It was at this point that the audience begun to cheer and clap for Astrid while chanting her name.

Even Celeste was a bit impressed at Astrid's retaliation against Archie and his harsh statements. She gave a soft smile under her mouth as she watched the audience cheer for her. Way to put this man in his place Astrid. I'm glad you're standing up to the brute for everyone's sake. Celeste thought as her attention dwindled towards Astrid again.

A few nerves struck at Archie after she finished her speech and the amount of cheering she's getting. Normally he laughed it off and try to play it cool, but the statement Astrid said at the end of her speech forced his rage to burst out of his face. His eyes gleamed with hatred and disgust for the redheaded woman that he sees her as a possible threat now. Not only that, but the whole audience was cheering for the inexperienced trainer and not someone like Archie. If there was one person he wanted to hurt right now, even if it is a woman, it was Astrid. He never did feel humiliated as this much during his entire life. He would make sure to repay Astrid back tenfold.

"Oh! You think i'm a egoistic attention-whore?" He yelled, trying to drown out the cheering. "You can't deny what is the truth young lady." A statement that surprised Astrid, this is the first time he said young lady to her and not something clever or namecalling. "You think you can beat with with your optimistic and cocky attitude? I like to see you try." With it, he pulled out his pokeball and threw it in the air. As the pokeball opened up and released his pokemon, he returned his pokeball to his hand. The audience died down as Archie summoned his pokemon into the battlefield.

The pokemon appeared to be a humonoid like creature with a pale purple body and brown hips which are designed to look like he is wearing shorts. He also has some white bandages around his wrists and its body. It had 3 spikes coming out of its head, making it look like a bad looking mohawk.

250px-236Tyrogue.png

Meet my Tyrogue. The one who is going to destory your Eevee." Archie smiled as his introduced his new and deadly pokemon. "Tough, ferocious and ready for anything, this pokemon is a wrecking ball. And i've got something to show you and everyone around here too!" As he finished, he pulled his left sleeves up from his arms as he showed the world his secret. On his left arm was a tattoo, a tattoo signaling that he was in a gang. But this wasn't no ordinary gang. On his arm was a stick with a Seviper wrapped around it. To many, This was a symbol of the Seviper Gang, one of the well known gangs around Epica. While there are some who do things on their own accord, the Seviper Gang is widely known as one of the most dangerous gang in Epica, they have taken many lives doing what they needed to do, from civilians to even police members. "You better watch out, keep this up and i'll see to it that my friends know about you in the future." Archie threaten the redhead girl to scare her into not fighting Archie and destroying her in battle. Astrid soon realized she was walking on thin ice at this point. But it didn't matter as she had the audience on her side. She turned to Archie and took out Eevee's pokeball.

"Doesn't matter. I'm going to show you what it feels like to be beaten by someone who is horrible at Pokemon Battles." Astrid gave a wide grin as she released Eevee from her pokeball. "Cause me and Eevee are going to rock the stage!" She jumped as Eevee jumped with her. "Eevee!" The fox jumped with Astrid in agreement with her.

"Ha! I'll embarrass you in front of everyone here." Archie smiled, but in amazement in Astrid's battle spirit she has shown.

"Alright then, the first battle of the second round will began. Astrid's Eevee vs Archie's Tyrouge. BEEEEEEGIN!"

And with that, the second round has officially begun.
Astrid vs Archie! Go Eevee!
As the battle started. Archie didn't hesitate to make the first move in the battle. But instead of attacking, he did something else. "Time to bulk up Tyrogue!" Archie commanded. Tyrogue flexed his arms tightly to show off to the crowd. As it did so, a red aura started to form around him. What it was doing was raising both its attack and defense. Astrid knew this wouldn't be easy, but she might've dug herself a grave at this point. But instead of dwelling in the negative. She decided to perform her best in this battle, even if she can't perform as well as the others.

But before she did anything else. She pulled out her pokedex and scanned Archie's Tyrogue, something that she SHOULD'VE done before the match.​

Tyrogue, the Scuffle Pokemon. It is always bursting with energy. To make itself stronger, it keeps on fighting even if it loses.
Fighting Type Pokemon
Owner: Archie River
Ability: Steadfast
Moves:
-Bulk Up
-Headbutt
-Mach Punch
-Protect
Looking at the pokemon's moves, he was going to be quite the tough one, one stat boosting move, a defensive move, and two attacks, one in which is super effective to Eevee. She'll have to take extra caution against Tyrogue if she plans on beating Archie.

"Let's go Eevee! Use Take Down!" Astrid yelled her first command of the battle. Eevee charged towards the Tyrogue enveloped in a white light, ready to strike down on Tyrogue. "Eevee!" The proud fox yelled as she attempts to slam down on Tyrogue with all her might. As Eevee approaches the Tyrogue standing there. Archie gave out his next command.

"Protect yourselves from this feeble Fox's attack!" As the command is yelled, Tyrogue slammed his fist to the ground, emitting a powerful barrier around him. Of course, this was his Protect attack, which protects the user from all attacks. Eevee, who was closing in on Tyrogue before putting up the barrier, was shocked after the barrier appeared inches from her and slammed into the barrier with no avail. "Now, follow up with Mach Punch!" Archie grinned. Tyrogue stopped creating the barrier and quickly charged at Eevee while it was recovering from the impact of hitting the barrier. Tyrogue's hand started to glow blue as he closes in on Eevee and delivered a powerful punch to Eevee. With no time to react, Eevee took the full blow and was sent flying across the ring, barely staying on the ring as she was close from falling off of the edge of the ring. Astrid's heart raced as Eevee just barely stays on the ring, almost losing the match from the man who bullied her all throughout the tournament. Astrid tried her best not to get depressed in the battlefield. And was working fine too.

"Oh come on! You can't even perform combos well. You even scanned my Tyrogue, knowing he has protect and yet you charged on right away, hoping to hit my Tyrogue. What kind of idiot just charges head on when the opponent has protect? What kind of retarded trainer are you?" Archie has a point. No one would just simply charged straight towards a pokemon if they had protect ready to go to defend them from the attack. Astrid started to get angry, but bit her lower lip in order to keep herself calm.

Just stay calm Astrid, he's just trying to toy with you in order to mess up more. Astrid calmed herself down as Eevee got up and returned to Astrid's side. She was hurt, but she was able to fight the pain. "Alright! Next time will be different." Astrid said to Eevee as Eevee complied back to Astrid with a joyful nod and smile. "Go for a tackle when you can, but be careful of Tyrogue's Protect." Astrid yelled. Eevee went after Tyrogue, but kept a careful eye on both Tyrogue and Archie as they plot their next move.

As Eevee circled the Tyrogue, she looked around for any sign of attack before following up with her commanded tackle. But Tyrogue just stood there, not doing anything. Maybe it was going to use protect again when Eevee used her attack. Normally, Eevee would've already used her attack by now, but she observed Tyrogue and took extra cautious before rushing into a mistake. Once Eevee was close enough to the front of Tyrogue, Archie gave a command.

"Headbutt!" With the command. Tyrogue charged at Eevee quickly and headbutted the fox on her head, knocking her down to the ground. "Now Mach Punch again!" With Eevee down in pain, Tyrogue was able to follow up another attack, Tyrogue punched Eevee again with his attack as the impact caused the ground to crack around Eevee. The announcer got up and put his hands on his head at disbelief. "No! Not again, why do these pokemon continue to destroy the ring with their attacks?" The staff was a bit shocked, but this wasn't anything new. But the bill to repair the ring will be a hefty price.

With a crushing blow, Eevee stays on the ground. While not knocked out, she seems to be panting in pain. Tyrogue gave a wide grin as he grows closer to the injured fox. "Now give the fox a proper beating." Archie commanded. As Tyrogue stood right beside Eevee on the floor, he threw his arm back, preparing to throw a punch at Eevee by using his Mach Punch attack. Forming a fist from his hand and charging his attack, he gave a strong punch to Eevee on the head. But that didn't stop there. Tyrogue continued to attack, from his right arm to his left arm, each of them over and over and over again as he used Mach Punch many times on Eevee. The fox yelped in pain as Tyrogue continued to punch Eevee continuously. This doesn't help that Tyrogue has already received an attack buff from using Bulk Up at the start of the match.

"Eevee! Eevee! Eevee!" Her yelp of pain became more heartbroken each time. The poor fox was taking a harsh beating and there's nothing she could do to defend herself. Astrid watched in horror as Tyrogue continued to attack Eevee. She then looked back at Archie as he was smiling through the whole thing.

"Archie, stop it. I thought you were fighting fair in the tournament." Astrid tried to ask Archie to stop Tyrogue from beating Eevee to death, but Archie didn't care. He found this to be fun.

"Who said I would fight fairly against you?" He smirked, seeing Astrid's horrified expression appear from her face as he finished. It seemed he was willing to go this far to even kill Eevee and not just cause her to faint. You could see his smile turn into a slasher smile. Astrid was about to walk over there and kick Tyrogue off from Eevee, but she couldn't. Perhaps she was scared of Archie going over there and just killing her because of kicking his Tyrogue, or is it that she couldn't do anything else to save Eevee at this point. She continued to watch in horror as Tyrogue continued to beat up the fox. Shortly after, a booming voice echoed throughout the Battle Pit.

"That's enough!" The voice said, as it caught everyone's attention around the Battle Pit. Confused and hesitant, the people looked around for who said it. Coming up the stairs was an older gentleman whom Astrid knew very well who it was. The same man who asked her to join the tournament at the race. "This has gotten out of hand. Here in the Battle Pit, we express safety in the cause of both trainers and pokemon. While pokemon do fight to many reasons. Killing other pokemon is not a rule I allow here. as the owner of the Battle Pit, I hereby disqualify you from the tournament due to misbehavior and attempting to kill another pokemon, Archie River." The man, who is the owner of the Battle Pit, finished as Archie lost his emotions, he was kicked out of the tournament because of acting like a spoiled brat. This is the first time it ever happened to him. Heck, everyone is surprised it took them this long to do something about his behavior. While Astrid was relieved to hear that, Archie soon became filled with rage against the man.

"I'll show you what happens to fools who stop my groove. Tyrogue, Mach Punch the old man!" Now he's lost it. He's attempting to assault a man because he kicked him out of the tournament. Tyrogue seemed a bit hesitant at it. He might be a proud fighter, but attacking a human being is too much. After Archie gave him a death stare, Tyrogue surrendered and charged at the man. With his fist glowing blue, he attempted to punch the owner, until the Tyrogue was pushed back by a powerful force. Falling to the ground, it looked up to see what kind of force stopped him. A red and black metallic bug with sharp red claws on its hands looked down on the Tyrogue, ready to defend the owner.

250px-212Scizor.png

Scizor! the red bug said to Tyrogue as it introduced itself to the small humanoid creature. It was ready to give Tyrogue some kind of punishment by the command of its owner. Archie, still infused with his rage, asked "Who summoned this piece of $*#& on the arena." The owner looked down in disappointment and shook his head before returning his gaze to Archie.

"That would be my Scizor, who watches over me." The owner said.

"Tch! You have a guardian huh? I"ll easily take him down. Tyrogue! Use..." Before he could finish, Scizor, without being issued a command, quickly attacked Tyrogue who was on the ground with an Aerial Ace and send him flying back to Archie, slamming into him and knocking both him and Tyrogue off the ring.

The owner's Scizor was very devoted to protecting his trainer with all its life. Whenever someone prepares a command, he acts upon it and attacks the pokemon before the move is said without the owner's command. It acted like his guardian angel and protected him for any danger. As Archie got up, two men in blue appeared beside him and pulled him up.

"You're coming with us boy. And all of your pokemon are coming too." One of the men said to the boy. Not surprising enough, they were the police patrolling around the festival for any inappropriate behavior. As the police handcuffed Archie and took him away somewhere. It seemed the situation is over, but it has cause quite the emotional damage to many. As the owner petted Scizor for its wonderful work. He disappeared and watched him from afar as he continued his everyday life. He walked over to Astrid and put his hands on her shoulders for support.

"Are you okay miss?" The man smiled as Astrid looked up, who was now crying from her eyes. She wiped the tears from her eyes and looked back at him.

"Yes sir. Thank you." Astrid replied back. She looked at the middle of the ring where Eevee was laying. She walked over to Eevee and picked her up. She was critically injured to the point where she was almost dead. Barely hanging out with her life. Eevee...i'm so sorry. If only I was stronger. Her tears were starting to come back as she hugged her Eevee. The owner asked someone to come over and take her Eevee somewhere to help her before she passes away.

"We'll need Eevee. If we don't act soon, she...might not make it.' The owner took off his hat and bowed his head down to her. Astrid understood the man's request and gave Eevee to one of the staff.

"Just save her if you can." Astrid pleaded to the owner, tears streaming down her eyes. The owner nodded his head.

"We'll make sure she comes out of this stronger. You have my promise Miss Maple." The owner finished as both him and the staff holding Eevee rushed to the Pokemon Center in Numera. The announcer, who was lost in the situation, stopped the owner before he left his sight. As the owner rushed over, both of them got into a discussion about the tournament.

"Sir, what should we do about the tournament?" The announcer said.
"Look around, everyone in the Battle Pit are scared and shocked, going on the next round at this point would be pointless."
"Then should we go on break then?"
"Yes. We don't have a choice right now." The owner finished his conversation and resumed his mission to save Astrid's Eevee. The announcer got up on the stage to make a quick announcement.

"Well, after what happened this match, we'll be taking a thirty minute break. Feel free to walk around and get your mind straight before returning." He was going to add more, but seeing the many expression on both the audience and the contestant's face felt like he needed to end it there. The announcer and the staff went into the resting station to discuss a few things. Astrid, who was still crying, rushed into the resting station and hid herself inside the bathroom as she went all out on crying, for what happened to Eevee and causing her to be critically injured in the process. She felt like she could never face Jay again after what happened and just let it all out in the bathroom with no one around.​

- An Unruly Change of Mind -​

"Don't worry about it... You did what you felt you needed to do." Jay said to Beatrice, addressing her decision to leave earlier. Ooo! Litleo huffed once she felt that Jay's attention had been off of her for far too long. Jay looked down to the fire cub and almost forgot that she had been following him all along. Right. I nearly forgot about her... He reached down to rub the side of her furry face, yet kept his eyes on Bee who was cheering for her friend.

"Oh." Jay said with a curious side look at the news of Bee not knowing where his brother was. "Nope. He's missing as far as I know." His curious eyes wandered to Robbin's Igglybuff who was still suctioned onto Bee like a leech with her hug. He was going to make a comment about how close they must have been, but then listened to Bee's next question. "Monument Square, mainly. It use to be Robbin's favorite place."

Before deciding what they'd do next, Jay's attention was stolen by the faint sound of a familiar voice ranting in the background. It was no other than the infamous Archie who was now standing before Astrid on the battlefield. He couldn't quite hear what the egghead was saying, but he figured it wasn't too nice. "Friendly guy, huh?" Jay said to Bee sarcastically, and then watched in surprise at the water balloons that rained down upon the rude guy.

Jay let out a silent chuckle at the sight of Archie's soaked hair and clothes, and then held a smirk at the thought of his own coincidental statement to Astrid earlier. He had been right, Karma really deals with those who speak out inconsiderately. Jay just watched as Archie began to run his mouth again, but he wasn't surprised by his senseless yapping. Astrid looked to be affected by his irrelevant words, but then took a stand which helped Jay stay calm.

As the match started, Jay gave an uneasy rub to his shoulder and looked to Astrid and Eevee with a worried look. Jay winced at the sight of Archies fighter pokemon punching Eevee after her failed attack and he began to feel sick at the sight of the fox taking another blow. He slightly gasped when the Tyrogue kept punching the smaller fox and he was growing agitated quickly, "Why's he still attacking like that?-"

Jay's calm demeanor quickly changed to a panicked voice. "-She could be badly injured! This isn't RIGHT." The blue haired trainer was becoming unsettled when he saw Eevee being hurt so harshly and unfairly. What little hope that had grown inside him about battling not being so bad flew out the window. THIS IS WHY BATTLING IS WRONG. The voice screamed inside his head. He refused to try and understand battling any longer.

Once the situation was handled and, Archie was dealt with, Jay sat extra quietly with a reddened face. "If I wasn't so nice, I'd give that guy a bloody lip." Jay finally forced from his mouth, and the violence in his words made his eyes slightly widen. Don't lose your cool. It's never good. Before leaving, he spoke once more to Beatrice, "I better find Astrid." Ley? Litleo swiftly became glued to his heels as Jay sped off... Robbin still at the back of Jay's mind...

"ASTRID?" Jay spoke loudly once he entered into the resting station. His troubled expression never left his face as he searched around for Eevee and her master.

Last edited:
Are you Kidding Me? (Kid)
Kid sat down on one of the seats with popcorn and a cotton candy on her hands. She got back as both Astrid and Archie stood there at the ring, with Archie throwing insults like a five year old. "Poor girl, she's going to get beaten badly by him." Kid spoke to herself with a sadden expression on her tone. She saw how good Archie was in battle and Astrid was going to get the same treatment that she did. As she took a bite off from the delicious cotton candy, she gleefully giggled to herself from tasting the cotton candy. Mmm! Kid swirled her tongue around as she finished the cotton candy. She watched as Astrid put on quite a show with her comeback. "You get them girl!" She yelled as Astrid finished her statement. After everything calmed down, the fight begun.

Kid chowed down on her popcorn quickly as the fight went on. Alot of the audience around her was giving her weird looks for her gluttony. She finished after she noticed the audience staring at her. "Sorry!" She said with some of the food in her mouth. After she looked back. She saw Tyogue hitting Eevee. "Oh my! Eevee's having some issues." She jokingly said as Tyogue continued to pummel her. She was watching, waiting for Tyrogue to stop and give Eevee some space, but it didn't stop. Kid was starting the panic. "Hey stop it! You got her, just give her a break." But even then, he didn't stop and kept hitting on Eevee, even to the point of being seriously injured. The audience around her started to scream and tell the staff to stop this nonsense. What the hell?! Are you actually going to kill her Eevee?! Kid was getting angry at Archie. He was hellbent on killing Eevee for what, Astrid talking back to him. Kid didn't get to see the tattoo or know about Archie's relationship with the Seviper Gang after she was checking on her Poke'gear from her brother, so she didn't know anything about Archie's murderous intentions. Kid was about to go down there and stop Archie and Tyrogue, but luckily, one of the staff, well the owner, managed to stop this fairly quickly. Kid could do nothing but watch.

Kid watched as Astrid ran back into the resting station bawling her eyes out. Kid felt the urge to go check on her, even if she isn't her friend. Kid jogged towards the resting station and went inside of the building. Kid looked around for the red haired woman, hoping that she wasn't doing anything rash. After a failed attempt of looking around the room, Kid walked around the building, hoping to find some kind of hint to where Astrid would be at. As she got to the restrooms, she could hear crying. Kid gave a soft smile under her face. Thank goodness. Kid sighed after possibly finding her. Opening the door to the restroom, Kid entered the room and followed the crying noise to the source.

As she looked at the last bathroom stall, she found Astrid sitting on the toliet crying. Kid walked over to her and put her hand on her shoulders. "Hey." Kid smiled. "I'm sure your Eevee will make it out. She's got a fighting spirit and I doubt that weird pokemon did enough to kill her." Astrid managed to slow down crying a bit after Kid tried to cheer her up.

"Thank you." Astrid softly said. "I appreciate you coming to check on me. It's just that..." Astrid slowly went back to crying, thinking about her Eevee and her serious injuries.

"That punk, i'll never forgive a guy who would kill someone's pokemon because he got told on by a woman." Kid's anger rose up as she thinks about him. Clearly everyone hated Archie and wanted to see him get his punishment, but the police already has him, so there was nothing else to do. "He's such a crybaby." She scratched her head as she thinks about stuff. A thought came up as she was thinking. "You know, the next time I see him, i'll break both of his shoddy arms and release all his pokemon into the wilderness. That'll teach that punk to mess with your good ol' Eevee." Kid gave a wide smile to Astrid, knowing that she's got her back. Astrid stopped smiling and got up.

"Yeah, we'll show him next time." Astrid spoke in a sadden tone, but with renewed hope to give Archie a beating next time.

"Come on, let's go to the Pokemon Center and check up on your Eevee. I'm sure she's doing fine." With a wide grin, Kid grabbed Astrid's left wrist and pulled her with her and she rushed out of the bathroom.

"Okay!" Astrid smiled as both Kid and Astrid exited the girl's bathroom and into the main section, where Jay would be looking fro Astrid to check up on her.
A Man Filled with Hate and Lust (Celeste)

As the battle starts between Astrid and Archie, Celeste took out her Poke'gear and looked at her messages. While there have been some messages from her family, she found out a recent text message from her mother. Before she could open the message and read it, the wind blew quickly through the Battle Pit as Celeste felt the wind hit her. Celeste felt a cold chill run up her spine. Whenever something like this happens, it's never a good sign. Celeste clutched her umbrella with her left hand. This match...I fear something bad is going to happen. Celeste watched as Astrid struggled to find a way to hit Archie's Tyrogue. Celeste went back to her Poke'Gear and opened the message from her mom.
Text
I hope you are having a good time at your tournament dear. I'm sure the tournament is going to be filled with a lot of emotions as the tournament continues. I love you.

A smile filled Celeste's face as she read the message from her mother, but went back to being worried. She continued to watch Astrid as she fought hard with Eevee to take down the brute. She looked down at the Poke'Gear for a minute before a crying pain sounded from the arena.

Eeeeeeeveeeee!

The fox cried in pain as Tyrogue continued to assault the weakened Eevee. At first, maybe the Tyrogue was using a move to beat up Eevee and knock her out, but the more she watched Tyrogue continue to punch Eevee. The more sorrow she felt in her eyes. Archie wasn't commanding his Tyrogue to stop the fighting. No, His hate has grown to the point where he wants nothing more but to see Eevee dead, and to an extent, Astrid. Looking back at Archie, Celeste could see the emotions in his eyes. The man felt pleasure in hurting her Eevee and didn't seem to have any kind of hesitation in his eyes. Archie was dead set on killing Eevee. Celeste could see the murderous intentions in his eyes. Her eyes widen with rage after the sudden realization and took out a pokeball to release Slurpuff from her pokeball.

Slurpuff! The cotton candy pokemon jumped for joy as it got out of her pokeball, but as she looked at her trainer, she became sadden that her master has become filled with rage. Slurpuffff... Celeste needed to put an end to this before Eevee sustains any more damage. But before she can call out a command, the owner appeared, realizing that someone else beat her to the punch, she held her command and watched as the events unfold. Thankfully, the situation was taken care off and Archie was arrested for attempted murder of another trainer's pokemon. As Celeste looked around, she could see that the whole arena was full of chaos. Her heart hurt from the amount of hate and fear everyone was showing. As Astrid run into the resting station, she felt contempt to go out and comfort her, but she felt something else needed to be done.

Returning Slurpuff to her pokeball, Celeste walked over to the announcer, who was discussing the recent events with another staff as she interrupt the both of them.

"Excuse me, I would like to speak to the announcer if that is okay with you." Celeste softly said as she faked her smile. The staff acknowledged her request and left to take care of the arising issues in the tournament. As the announcer got up from his seat, he took a few pieces of paper from the stand and held it on his arms.

"Miss Celeste. I'm honored by your appearance. What can I..."

"I want you to stop this tournament." Without giving the announcer the chance to finish his sentence, Celeste sudden turn of her tone became clear that the situation at hand has gone out of control.

"Huh? What for? I don't mean to inter..."

"Look around the area." Celeste harshly yelled at the announcer. "Everyone here is emotionally shattered. Everyone watching the tournament almost got to witness a murder right in front of them. No doubt this event will be broadcast around the world as breaking news. Continuing the tournament would be very dangerous at this point."

"But..."

"No buts. you have to stop the tournament. I don't care what you do, just stop the tournament for tonight if you can." As her anger slowly becomes sorrow, Celeste looked deeply sadden from the events and she couldn't help to keep herself thinking about both Astrid and her Eevee.

"I'll see what the owner has in mind." The announcer reassured her that he'll do what he can to put the tournament on hold. As the announcer left the make a call, Celeste walked outside of the Battle Pit and looked up, wondering what will become of both Astrid and Archie and their pokemon.
The Seviper Club (Merlin)

Merlin watched as Eevee was being attacked by the ruthless Tyrogue. Merlin recalls back to the time where Archie shown his gang tattoo to everyone around here. The Seviper Gang. Merlin has heard rumors about them in school quite a few times. Said to be one of the worst gang to ever exist. Anyone who encounters them are told to run with their life or fight for their survivor. They take no prisoner and they enjoy taunting others for their own pleasure. They give no mercy to those they want to fight for and they join only to be recognized. These people were delinquents who were kicked out of society for being evil to others with no remorse. Others just did it for the fun. Without these kinds of actions, they would be nobodies.

The leader, or rather, the founder of the gang, formed after a incident that he was pinned for doing. Realizing that the others treat him like a criminal and avoided his presence, he gathered a bunch of people with similar views and formed this gang. After performing many heists around Epica in order to get their name across, the people of Epica feared them for the sake of their lives. They enjoyed the attention and proceeded to take other territories around Epica. They make other gangs like Team Rocket, coward before them. Merlin watched the whole situation unfold from the owner butting in to Archie getting arrested. It seems Archie was quite a powerful trainer, being able to take down Kid and Astrid with no problems. Wondering about the other gang members, Merlin felt rather worried about the situation. Would he and Chimchar have to fight for their lives in order to survive? He would have no choice in the matter if that were to happen to him. Merlin got up and left the Battle Pit as he follows the police and Archie around Numera, wondering what else he could without trying to be suspicious.​

Alvin

Alvin, overjoyed at his victory, sat down in his seat to watch the remaining matches. The first match was a Rattata vs. Munchlax battle between two rather nondescript trainers, which the Munchlax won with a rather ludicrously powerful Focus Punch. The teen could not help but bust out in laughter yet again, though he stopped after a while when it became unclear when the Rattata would land. He thought about helping to look for the lost Pokemon, but he was worried he might miss his next battle. The boy could probably find the rat Pokemon himself, couldn't he?

He was hung up in thought about what to do, but before he could get too lost in his thoughts, the battle between a girl named Clavies and another named Danielle. Alvin yawned a little bit at this battle, it was over in a few moves, and it looked suspiciously like a Pokemon Contest. Eh, no matter.

What really glued Alvin's attention was the next battle. Not only was he up against Clavies, Astrid was about to go up against Archie. Uh oh he thought, figuring that Archie was just going to chew out Astrid yet again. Lucky for him, he thought of this. Chatot flew with the package of water balloons and started barraging the wannabe pirate with a slice of humble pie! Alvin had to concentrate so that he was not caught laughing, though he found the situation hilarious. It would be against Rule #4 of the Delibird Gang: Never Get Caught! Come to think of it, it also would break Rule #4A: Especially if they have bigger muscles than you! Regardless, surely Archie would learn something from this experience...or maybe not. The pirate started getting even angrier at Astrid, blaming her for the mess! Nuts, looks like I'm gonna have to up the ante two levels next time. Wouldn't want Astrid to get hurt. What he did not expect was what Archie showed next, the all too familiar insignia of the Seviper Club. "Wha? He's part of that club?! Of all the rotten luck...At least he hasn't caught me, that'd be disastrous!" he quietly spoke to himself. The Seviper Club was part of Delibird's Do Not Mess With List, and for good reason, they would quite easily resort to murder if you ever got caught. Fortunately, Alvin was not able to register Chatot due to...well, lacking a functioning Pokedex due to said Pokemon. Much to Alvin's dismay, despite being a big talker, Archie was most definitely a good trainer, and managed to curb stomp Astrid in seconds.

What set off the crowd though was the end of the match. Heedless of Eevee's resignation, the Tyrogue kept attacking, clearly intending to end Eevee's life. "Oh no, you gotta be kidding me. He wouldn't dare!" was what escaped his lips at that instant. Fortunately, the owner of the tournament managed to stop that crap before Eevee actually keeled over. A good thing too, it was about time somebody had the guts to throw this idiot out. Alvin smiled, Yet another successful prank. Would you look at how ticked off that guy is! About time he got kicked out, why they didn't kick him earlier I'll never understand. Astrid did seem a little sad, but it surely was not his fault, it was Archie who decided to get angry after all. And now he's arrested. The teenager was satisfied, happy at a successful resolution to this conflict, that would certainly never come back to bite him.

This battle was absolutely crazy.

"Thana! Thana! Look! They're about to start the battle!"

"Alright. Wait, when did you become the faster one?!"

Two kids were running down the path, into a small arena in a cozy little town. A pre-school was sitting in the corner, with the playpen closed off. There was a small arena used for school events such as battles, and children were all given their own pokemon to play with. The two children were practically identical, however, one of them was wearing a green and yellow sweater, while the other wearing a purple and blue sweater. One girl's hair was a brighter brown, while the other was a darker shade.

The two of them eventually arrived to the arena, an adult beginning to pack up a box that contained only two more pokemon.

"Wait! Wait! We still haven't gotten our pokemon yet!" A child's voice rang out, and the man had looked at them both curiously. No words came out of his mouth, and he just opened the box back up. The two children stared at them in awe, and then grabbed their own pokemon.

I mean, Thana herself didn't care much for humans. She wouldn't care if Archie were to hurt Astrid any way physically, but hurting another person's pokemon was just going too far. Even now, she winced while watching it. The problem was that in her future, the Eevee had actually died from exhaustion, and Astrid was practically crushed by it. Again, Thana couldn't care less about Astrid in this timeline, but it was clear that she did love her Eevee, a whole lot actually.

Her eyes were fixed straight on the battle field, a hurtful expression on her face. She clearly wasn't impressed, and she was so close to intervening. Heck, it even took the staff this long to intervene. Didn't they know that the Eevee was already as good as dead? She should have done something sooner, she should have-- Wait a minute. What day was it? When was today? It had occurred to her that she hadn't checked the date, but she had a feeling that today was particularly important. See, Astrid's Eevee in her future had died in the span of three days, so starting from today, Astrid had three days from what she had known; more than enough time.

Almost in no time at all, the brown haired female had excused herself from Jay, moving to the side quickly with her blue and purple sweater following not too far behind her. The child was... fast, considering her structure. Good for her, she knew ways to conserve her breath in her current body seeing that a child's body worked differently than an adult's.

Her two feet tapped down the arena, and eventually out of the viewing area down to the station. She crept past the other adults rather smoothly, figuring out that they already had blind spots. The human had blind spots too, you know. If you get it just right, they wouldn't be able to see you.

Not long after, her little feet had reached the station, rushing straight to the bathroom. Astrid was in here, wasn't she? This was where she heard the sobbing last time she participated in the tournament, and thus assumed that it would not be any different. "Hey, are you in here? Astrid?" The female called out, knocking on the wall a few times. Her hand hitting against the wall was audible and echoed in the empty bathroom, but was drowned out in the quiet sobbing sound that Astrid let out. "... Just cry all you want. But there's really something that I should tell you about." She had said, in a rather.. jaded tone. She sounded like a 10 year old, so it would be a wonder why she was speaking so.. oddly?

"It's about Eevee."

Yeah.. Thana probably should have said that, if she wanted any chance to get Astrid's attention. Anything about her Eevee at this point would most likely catch her attention, and she prayed that Astrid were listening to what she was going to say next. "I think I know a way that could save Eevee."

-----​

Clavies had taken a deep breath after that battle, trying her best to catch herself in fear that she would collapse from how nervous she was. Her Ralts was looking up at her, almost worried, but Clavies just shook her head and smiled down at the bowl-cut pokemon. "No.. No.. I'm alright. Lets go watch the next battle, okay?"

With that, the two of them hopped on over to their seat, happily awaiting for this next battle. However, Clavies' face had visibly darkened the moment she found that foul-mouthed trainer against the girl with the eevee. Yes, that Eevee was absolutely adorable and precious. But she did worry about it.. call it intuition. Well.. It couldn't be that bad, right? I mean.. It's just a battle...

Right when the announcer had started the battle, she was silently watching, and yet wincing each time Eevee had taken a hit. Her, being able to understand pokemon speech, was able to hear the cries of pain from Eevee, and she was able to hear the cries from the opposing pokemon as well. The problem was that these bouts of pain weren't indicating to fainting; these attacks really, really hurt. It almost hurt Clavies just to witness it, and she ended up listening to it.

What bothered her was how the announcer was more worried about the arena. I mean, when you're being hit with a punch and the hard ground, you're almost certain to have a few broken bones.

Ralts, on the other hand, was clearly agitated. She was silently watching the battle, and Clavies could have sworn that the little pokemon wanted to get out there and put the fighting type down for the count. Heh.. Ralts was always the protective type. But in this scenario.. who could blame her? I mean, the eevee here didn't look well, yet she refused to look until she heard another cry; one that's contents stung her ears.

Almost out of reflects, her head shot up to look at the Eevee, finding the fighting type pounding down on the poor pokemon. Her heart ached at the sight of this, and she slowly grew infuriated much like Ralts. But it was against the rules for them to get out. What irritated her further was how long they planned to keep it up until someone actually stepped in; a few moments longer and no doubt she would have witnessed the murder of another trainer's pokemon - the thought of it devastated her.

Many things happened afterwords; such as the man being arrested, and Astrid running off while her Eevee was being cared for. They announced that the tournement would be put on a hold for a half an hour break, and almost the entire stadium was empty again. Though, now, Clavies wasn't even sure if she wanted to battle anymore.

- Jay's Unfortunate Realization -​

The Pokemon Center. Thought Jay, as he couldn't find Astrid around. That's where Eevee was most likely at anyway. He figured that, once he saw that there was only a healing machine within the facility. Astrid had run in the direction of the Resting station though, and he had arrived not too long after, so it confused him for a minute. Distracting him from his thoughts next, was the sound of scratching against glass.​

The source of the scratches was Litleo pawing from outside the door. She didn't make it inside in time before the door closed whenever Jay rushed into the station. "Sorry about that." Jay said to his furry friend as he opened the door for her. Lit. The cub responded with a rub against his knee with her body. That's when the voices of an unfamiliar southern drawl and an upset Astrid filled the lobby. The voices were coming from the women's restroom nearby.

Jay walked over to the restrooms and stopped to listen before saying anything. The southern girl was cheering Astrid up which made Jay feel somewhat better. Once deciding that it was a good time to speak up, Jay could hear Astrid and the other girl's conversation drawing to a close. Before he could say something, the two girls were already exiting the bathroom. The red head was seemingly in better spirits than when she left the battlefield.

"Astrid..." Jay said to her with a pause, his eyes saddening at the thought of Eevee. The images of Archie's Pokemon bashing the life out of the sweet fox flashed inside Jay's mind. A burning anger ignited inside of him that blazed from his core to his fingertips, but he just simply took in a soothingly deep breath. He wanted to say something else, but his mind was growing blank from his angry state.

Simultaneously, the thought of Robbin going missing was nagging him within his skull. He could feel a headache creeping in his head as he was beginning to feel distressed by the current events. His journey was changing into one big nightmare, and he began to question whether it was even a good idea anymore. This isn't what I envisioned. Anger. Deceit. Violence... The thoughts stewed in his head. They were all what he detested.

Last edited:
Monument Square? Bee considered it for a second, absentmindedly petting Igglybuff's head. "Well I guess that's a start." Even it was just one place they could cross off the search list. Not that it would hurt to check there again. Alright, maybe the search area wasn't as narrowed down as she would have hoped. She was about to suggest some places she had in mind, when Archie began running his mouth again. She giggled at Jay's comment, followed by the water balloons raining from the sky. "Tell me about it. I think he likes to hear himself talk."

Bee was happy to see Astrid stand up to Archie. It was fitting, in some sort of poetic, symbolic way. Not that Archie was appreciative of this. Eventually he got so irritated about someone actually standing up to him that he revealed a tattoo. It didn't mean much to Bee to begin with, but from what she could gather it was the symbol of the infamous Seviper Gang. Not that she knew too much about them, but she had heard the name before, and she knew they were dangerous. Be careful...

The battle was going well enough. Intense, but that was to be expected, given the circumstances... Ok, Eevee was done, but- Why wasn't Archie's Pokémon letting up? Her concern grew the longer the Tyrogue beat up Eevee. Fortunately, Jay was able to voice her concerns. "I- I don't... Yeah. We- We need to help!" She was about find the fasted way into the arena, when the owner stepped in. He was able to handle the violent situation, then had Archie apprehended by the police.

"Uh... Yeah. I'll go with you." There really wasn't much of a reason for her to go anywhere else, and she also wanted to check on Astrid. It was one of the few things she could do. She followed Jay, hanging back a bit with Igglybuff, Buneary, and Slakoth as Astrid and Kid left the restroom and Jay went to talk to her. Jay was closer to Astrid than she was, after all.

Astrid's Choice (Flashback to before Kid went in to cheer her up)

Despair runs through Astrid's broken mind as Eevee was undergoing a stressful recovery in the Pokemon Center. Astrid was the one to blame for not being good enough for battling. The whole thought of battling to her has become something to fear about. She wasn't sure what to do now but to continue sulking over the possible lost of her first pokemon she ever gotten. Taking off her glasses so she can put her hands on her eyes, Astrid worried about her possible future as to becoming a Pokemon Researcher. She thought it would be more fun and exciting, seeing all the wonderful places and the nature of all the pokemon she'll encounter in her journey, but the whole fighting thing has seemed to shattered that fun out of her journey.

As she was sulking, a voice rang from the other side of the room. It seems someone was checking up on her to see if she was alright. But she doesn't know who this person is. It doesn't sound like an other person so it couldn't be a staff member. Maybe it was another trainer who wanted to check up on her. Well then again, this person seems the least intersting in cheering her up, however as she continued to speak to Astrid, she mentioned a way to save Eevee. What did she mean by saving Eevee? Save her from possible death? Or something else? She stopped crying and looked up. "Save Eevee? What do you mean by...Save?" Astrid, confused by the girl's words, wondered what she meant by save. Maybe she meant there was a was to save Eevee from the suffering she's going through and help her through the pain. But the wording was...vague. As if this person knows something about Eevee's future. Who knows, maybe she's a doctor and knows something to help Eevee from possible death. Perhaps it was time for Astrid to listen up to the girl's request. "All right. What did you have in mind." Astrid quietly said, but loud enough for the girl to hear. Waiting for a response from the girl.

I'm Sorry...Jay (Present)

Astrid and Kid were walking out of the bathroom of the resting station with their spirits up high. Astrid was laughing a little bit by Kid's antics and her stories. Astrid was feeling better after the incident. However that soon changed after her friend, Jay approached her, to see if she was alright. While Jay was seeing how Astrid was feeling after the incident, her happiness soon disappeared with a sorrow look on her face. She didn't even realized that Bee was with him either. This was Jay, the one who hated fighting due to it being nothing more than for glory. Astrid wanted Jay to come to see her perform, and maybe help convince him that not all battles are for glory. She wanted to try to show him that battling can be fun for both trainer and pokemon and that it can help raise the bond between the two. At least that was Astrid wanted to try to do while learning more about her Eevee. But thanks to Archie, He probably realized fighting will always be bad and all her work towards possibly convincing him in the future came crumbling down, never to be fixed again. Realizing this, Astrid couldn't stand to be in front of Jay again after what happened, even if it wasn't her fault directly.

Tears started to form again at Astrid's eyes as she couldn't stare at Jay without feeling guilty about what happened to Eevee. She was afraid she would be scowled for going into the tournament and getting Eevee seriously injured for it and Jay never talking to her again.

".....I'm sorry.....Jay."

As she starts to lose herself from the sorrow and the fear of not only losing her Eevee from a incident that could've been stopped a long time ago, but her friend, Jay too, Astrid started to ran past Jay and bump into Bee's left arm as she ran out of the resting station and out somewhere in town with her hands covering her eyes. Kid extended her arm as Astrid ran to the door, trying to stop her from leaving and going out into the night by herself, but she wasn't listening.

"Hold on! Where are you going Astrid? Come back here!" Kid cried out to her to come back, but the thought of being around Jay would hurt her deeply and ignored Kid's request to return back to them. After she was gone, Kid sighed. "Sheesh! What's her problem. She saw your face and ran away, saying sorry for something. What exactly did you do to her?" Kid asked the man who was worried about his friend, not knowing much about Jay and Astrid's relationship and what they might've talked about. Kid took off her hat and fixed it a bit as she awaited a response from the guy and his friend right beside him, should she decide to join in on the conversation.

Zo & Rua
[Sometime after Astrid's leave]
FLASHBACK.... The small group of family and friends of the festival racers, who watched on the sidelines, began to grow impatient once the evening began to fade into black night. "When's the race over?" A girl asked who was searching for her friend to come racing to the finish line already. "Why haven't we seen them circle around yet?" Another voice of an older woman asked with a worried voice. They all began to look around and turned their concerns onto the racing booths. A familiar dark haired man (the one who helps Jay return after his crash) stepped from behind the booth to address their concerns.

"Worry not, good people! The racers will return safely to the festival in due time. We had to cancel the race, because of an unfortunate accident." The dark haired gentleman explained, before continuing. "I will show you to the entrance on the other side of the festival site, where your loved ones will arrive shortly. So, please follow me." He gave a comforting smile with an outstretched hand in the direction to go, as he turned to lead.

Following the racing worker after asking question about the accident, the reassured group of race supporters made their way to a darker side of the festival. Walking among them was Skyler Caswell, the missing boy from the poster, who didn't make a peep the entire time as he followed along. Once arriving to the promised entrance, the people waited for the racers to finally return to them.

AUHHhh! The lively, fun spirited noise from the festival drowned out the now frantic cries from the race supporters as a sudden spiral of flames circled them instantly in mid air. The heat from the fire that trapped them caused the people to squeeze together tightly to avoid being burned. Standing outside the ring of fire was the deaf boy Skyler and the dark haired gentleman. "HELP US!" The people screamed to them as they saw their own pokeballs began to escape their pockets, now floating above them in a blue glow. Skyler fell to the ground, rolling in a fit of inhuman laughter as the dark haired gentleman's face began to wrinkle in a familiar devilish grin.

Walking beside the now smiling dark haired "gentleman", was another familiar face that smirked beneath his gray beard. Miner Jude stood there with them as they watched the people scream in terror. The three of them denying help to the desperate scene concealed by unleased buildings and high trees. With a snap of the dark haired man's fingers, the people and pokeballs vanished with no evidence in sight. Morphing into their true forms, Skyler and Jude were no longer present. Rolling upon the ground in Skyler's place was a shiny Zorua snickering with its amused, crimson eyes. Standing in place of Jude, was a smaller Zorua who kept a cute pose with a poised expression.

Falling passed the dark haired man's shoulders was his own hair that began to grow unnaturally. The man's masculine features began to shrink and sculpt into that of Annika's face. Her death black eyes gleamed in anticipation at the thought of her new victims being teleported to the catacombs where they awaited their fates as pokemon slaves.

---

-A Meeting in the Darkness-
"Wait--" Jay called after Astrid who fled the scene. A slightly confused expression came upon his face as he watched her run into the night. He had begun to pursue her until a voice tried to intervene as well. Jay stopped in his tracks as he was questioned by the southern gal and he felt unsure how to answer her.

The first thing that escaped him was a declaration of thought that had nagged him before, "I scare people away. It's all I've ever done." When saying this, he turned his head to notice Bee in his peripheral, and thought of Robbin too. Before he'd allow himself to get consumed by painful thoughts of his past, he placed his hand on his neck and played it off as he looked to the floor.

Once feeling composed, he admitted to Kid, "I'm not sure of what I did, or what to do." He looked down at Litleo who gave a hopeful look to him. "-My brother is missing, and my friend is panicked. I can't help her and find my brother at the same time." He tried to think of the next step, but his mind was pretty foggy at this point. The thought of Eevee's deadly condition entered into his mind, and he tried to think harder with a worried look.

"Astrid will be at the Pokemon Center, I'm sure. I'll go find a helpful gift for Eevee while I search for Robbin." Jay finally said to Bee. It was the only thing he could think of in this moment. Astrid clearly needed her space for now, and Jay didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable or anything. "Maybe the only way I can help Astrid right now, is if I just leave her alone." He said with saddening eyes and a wave to Kid and Bee as he left in a hurry.

Once in the lit up night, Jay noticed a festival worker taking down the missing sign of the silver haired Skyler Caswell. The action made Jay feel a bit better about the whereabouts of Robbin. As he ventured away from the tournament scene, Jay arrived to the outskirts of town. Upon his arrrival, he noticed a silhouetted pokemon scurry into the forest toward the hills. Thinking nothing of it, Jay searched around for a particular tree.

"Lovely night, wouldn't you say?" A voice spooked Jay which came from a near patch of bushes. A lady with black hair was concealed in the darkness. "I enjoy the silence here."

"Ohh... I didn't see you there." Jay said, trying to play off his startled demeanor. "Yeah- I suppose... My night isn't so pleasant though." He said to her as he became lost in thought. He was somewhat hoping Bee was on her way to help find Robbin. There was something frightening about the lady's presence before him in the night, but she sounded quite sweet.

The lady in the darkness turned her head in the blackness and after a pause spoke again, "Hope your night gets better, then. I must go." Before disappearing into the woods, she said one last thing, "See you again." Her words were seemingly comforting, yet slightly creepy to Jay. He just ignored the thought, as he scoped the area for Robbin and continued his search for Eevee's gift.

Last edited:
A Change in Fate

"..."

Thana had given the trainer some time to let it register, hoping that Astrid would have calmed down enough. Of course, she didn't expect the trainer to calm down so quickly. I mean, if she did, Thana would obviously be concerned about the Eevee and how it's trainer cares for it. Rather, the young trainer brushed that asides, shaking those thoughts out of her head for now. Really, there were more important things to be looking into. Now.. It looked as though she had caught Astrid's attention, with the proposal to save her little pokemon; good, good.

With that, the child pushed herself from the wall, looking up at the ceiling for a brief moment before pulling herself back into reality. Her dark brown hair falling to the sides of her face, while her dull eyes just looked on ahead - course, Astrid didn't even know what she looked like, so she didn't have much of a worry. Regardless of what Astrid had asked, Thana probably would have told her anyways. Huh.. Even if it wasn't her original timeline, a tiny part of her heart twang in pain and sorrow, having to recall that entire ordeal all over again. With a deep breath, and exhale, she finally chose to explain herself.

"Look. There's a type of herb that grows near this town; in the outskirts, actually. It's not too far from here. This herb only blooms for a few days every year, and it has healing properties that restores fatigue and lost strength. Your Eevee, physically, is alright. But I can't say the same for how long she can hold it out for." And there it was, her harshly honest explanation. Sure, there were revival herbs and all that cured fainted pokemon, and this herb did no different. However, in her research, she had learned that those herbs were almost identical to the healing properties of a Meganium; which had the ability to bring plant life back by a simple breath. Yes, she had tested this out on pokemon, and people, in the future past as a researcher, and had found that it was able to save her colleague's Deerling from the brink of death itself. Sadly, it didn't being the dead back to life.

"It looks like the petals around a Meganium's neck. I'd advise you to go look for it." She said, as footsteps could be heard echoing towards the exit. "Oh.. And, uh.. My name is Viola. I'm sure we'll be seeing each other again sometime." And on that note - that oddly, almost sickening cheerful note, Thana left, skipping around with a bright smile on her face.

@EternalInfinity

What a Day! (Kid)

"Well you certainly don't look scary. That's for sure." Kid smiled. "You seem like a pretty chill guy. I'm sure some people will find you fun to be around if you act like a optimistic person." While this may not ring true since Kid hasn't personally known Jay for that short time they've talk, but you can tell she was being friendly about it and was tring to cheer him up about Astrid. After hearing about Jay's rough night, she expressed her concerns for Jay too. "You too huh. Man you guys have it rough. Well if I hear anything about your brother, assuming I find info on him, i'll see if I can let you know the next time I see you." Kid waved as Jay went on to find a gift for Eevee. With just her and the other girl. Kid decided to strike up a conversation to the young green haired lady next to her.

"Hello!" Kid waved. "A friend of Astrid's I assume? I think Astrid needs some time alone, this might be the first time something like this has happened to her. Give her some time and i'm sure she'll be back to her old self. Just believe in her." You could see her glowing with happiness. Even though all the turmoil, Kid seems to always look towards the bright side of life and see everything end in a happy note. "Well anyways, I better go check on her Eevee. You take care." With that, Kid rushed towards the Pokemon Center with a bright smile on her face.

A Special Herb? (Astrid, Flashback Finale)

Astrid listened while the girl told her about a herb that could heal the wounds of fatigue of her Eevee. She did know there were herbs that grew around Epica with various results. Some that can heal certain status effects and others that can restore energy of tired pokemon. But one that can restore a pokemon to full health that not even the nurses of the Pokemon Center could do? Sounds sketchy, but what does Astrid have to lose at this point?

"What does it look like?" Astrid asked. The girl responded back with the answer to her simple question. Astrid knew what a Meganium looked like. After all, Professor Atlas had her study on pokemon starters and their evolution quite well. Meganium was the final evolution of Chikorita, it had speical abilities such as soothing a pokemon aggressive behavior and reviving dead plants and grass with its breath. It's quite a powerful pokemon in terms of healing, maybe it'll work.

"Thanks. I owe you one." Astrid replied back. As the girl left, she introduced herself as Viola and that the two of them will meet again. A small smile appeared on Astrid' face. As she could hear the footsteps of Viola skipping out of the building, Astrid looked down at Eevee's pokeball, and resumed crying, temporary forgetting what the girl said.

Astrid's Reignited Determination

Astrid, who was running blindly into the night from the mixed emotions throughout the night, tripped over her own feet as she fell flat down on the the ground, her glasses flying off from her glasses and into the grass. Blinded from the lost of her glasses, Astrid desperately searched around the field for her lost glasses, hoping to stumble across it. Without her glasses, she was mostly blind to the world. Her glasses were the only way to see clearly in this world if she even wanted to go on this journey. After a bit of searching blindly in the darkness, she found her glasses on the ground. Luckily, the glasses were still in one piece. Putting them back on, she smiled after she was relieved that she could see again. Much better. Astrid sighed in relief.

Looking up at the sky, she felt a soothing breeze rush through her hair as it blows around. The recent events that happened thirty minutes ago has clouded Astrid's mind and left her broken in her own little world. She believed it would be a fun and wonderful journey, full of surprises. She was right, however, not what she expected. Eevee... Astrid stared into the sky, worrying about her Eevee. She looked around the area to see where see was at. The Outskirts of Numera Town. Astrid thought as she confirmed the location of where she was at. Something about the word outskirts seemed to chime something important to Astrid, but she couldn't remember why. Looking around the grass, seeing the various amounts of grass and plants, something popped in her head.

Look. There's a type of herb that grows near this town; in the outskirts, actually. It's not too far from here. This herb only blooms for a few days every year, and it has healing properties that restores fatigue and lost strength. Your Eevee, physically, is alright. But I can't say the same for how long she can hold it out for.

A special herb around the outskirts... Astrid thought to herself about it before a lightbulb turned on for her. That's it! Viola mentioned a herb that can heal fatigue and injuries. If I can find it here, I can save Eeeve! Astrid's face lit with enlightenment once she put two and two together. If Astrid can find the herb, she can use the water inside of it to heal Eevee back to her full self. With the flame of determination running in her blood, Astrid run around the outskirts looking for the herb that was told by a girl name Viola.

"What did it look like again?" Astrid muttered to herself as she tried to remember what they looked like, then it hit her.

It looks like the petals around a Meganium's neck.

"Right!" Astrid remembered. She just had to look for pink petal, since Meganium had a neck full of pink petals. Using her Pokedex as her flashlight, Astrid looked around carefully for the pink petal that could save Eevee's life.

Guys, Hide and Seek is Getting Kind of Old Now. Can We Start Over?

"Astrid..." Bee watched as the red haired trainer brushed past her and rushed outside. Deep breath. Turn back to Kid and Jay while petting Igglybuff's head. Kid was understandably confused. "It's-" Jay's frustrated remark caused Bee to lower her head. Once he regained his composure, he was able to explain it better than she probably could.

"Yeah, I'll..." Bee started, unsure what exactly what she was going to do. She wanted to help, but she didn't know how. She watched as Jay left. She thought that maybe it'd be best for her to check out the Pokémon Center first and at least check up on Astrid. She turned to Kid to thank her for her help, but the country girl spoke to her before she could say anything. "More of an acquaintance, I think." She nodded. "I think so. We just got our Starters, I can only imagine how she's feeling right now."

"Ah... Thanks. You've been a great help." Bee kindly smiled at Kid and waved as she left, then left the arena herself. Since Kid was going to the Pokémon Center, Bee would go help Jay look for Robbin. The only problem was that she wasn't quite sure where Jay had gone. He said he had checked Memorial Square already, so that was out of the question. That narrowed it down to... one less place. Good start.

"You guys got any ideas?" She asked as she walked with the current brigade of Pokémon that were with her. Slakoth, Igglybuff, Buneary, and... Well, Treecko was in his Pokeball, but at he could prove to be helpful. She let Treecko out of his ball. "Stay close, Treecko. We're looking for Robbin and Jay... Have you met Jay?" She asked Treecko, who tilted his head at the question. "It doesn't matter. Let's go."

With the group complete, they set off, on their way out of the festival. It probably looked a bit odd, but at this point that was the least of her worries. Right now, she had no real sense of where to go, aside from her ideas. Jay had said that Robbin liked the dark, and Memorial Square. It'd be best to avoid the festival entirely, and probably other places with a lot of people. That eliminated most of the town. Unless there were other places in town that Robbin liked.

Bee may have been overthinking it.

Alright, what about Jay? He had said he would go find a gift for Eevee while looking for Robbin. That didn't really help narrow down anything, unless she was overlooking something.

While she was so deep in thought, Bee wasn't really paying attention to where she was going. By the time she had realized this, she wasn't at the festival, nor was she in the town. "Uh..." She turned around, taking in her surroundings. It looked like a forest. Dark. Secluded. Whether she had realized she was going here or not, this certainly fit the type of place she was looking for. It probably should have been more off-putting, had Bee not grown up in Shadowveil. "Hello? Anyone here?" She asked the darkness, not really sure what she was expecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.