Pokemon Diversity Reloaded

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anywho, I posted again. My character is waiting for the contest to start in a waiting room while comforting Feebas. Wow, I made Feebas so depressed xD

Oh by the way, I think you can post again o-o @Sketching101

Last edited by a moderator:
As a reminder, you can only request six pokemon per character. @Teomessos
If anyone has any plot ideas or anything, feel free to openly share them ~
Ooh ooh pick me pick me!

I say we make the Leprechauns the evil masterminds behind it all! It'll totally work!

....Okay no. :P

On a more serious note, I was thinking about how we could tie the Epica and Aquias plots together (btw you still owe me a backstory explanation). The big idea I thought of was to make the enemy Aquias team tangentially responsible for making Annika's Pokemon vanish. Specifically I was thinking we could make the new Cloudsloom Gym Leader appear really nice and be an old friend of Annika's, but secretly be jealous and turn to EVIL (with a capital E).

As for kickstarting Aquias off, if when we get to that point, I was thinking about having Alvin challenge the Epica League, get trounced by another PC (probably Lian) and go off for the treasure. Unbeknownst to the other PC's though, he will actually find the treasure...only to get captured by the enemy Team and drop off the face of the earth. This will (assuming he hasn't made everyone hate him) cause the others to go looking for him. Nice thing about this is that it means we can have a rather powerful enemy team, as opposed to a group that can't use anything more powerful than a Golbat.

Just some ideas.

Edit: Laaaast change on the captured Petilil. I promise!
So I got rid of Petilil because I wanted Swablu more badly than I wanted Petilil. So yeah... Completely ignore the Petilil, and just pretend it was the Swablu okay? I changed the post where I caught Petilil to Swablu as well. But yeah, I won't be changing it anymore. Sorry about that.

If it's fine with everyone, we can make a conversation consisting of everyone in the role play at the moment. It would certainly be easier, and it would actually alert us since some people may not be alerted.

I've been gone for a day and we have a page full of posts. Jeezs. I get too busy playing Devil Survivor 2 and I miss out on all the fun.

I say we make the Leprechauns the evil masterminds behind it all! It'll totally work!
Curse you Lucky Charms. You and your invading the Pokemon world with your "Magically Delicious" Food and clever tactics for advertisement.

(I'll make a post sometime tonight though).

@EternalInfinity

As much as I would love to reply/read your post, I'd have to go to sleep xD
Why is it that overtime someone posts, it's night night for me?
I blame EST.

Most of us are in our early 20s and life is a little more demanding of our attention I'm assuming? Btw I'm visiting a friend that I haven't seen for awhile in Atlanta, so I'll try and make room for posting when/if I can.

Ooh ooh pick me pick me!

....Okay no. :P

On a more serious note, I was thinking about how we could tie the Epica and Aquias plots together (btw you still owe me a backstory explanation). The big idea I thought of was to make the enemy Aquias team tangentially responsible for making Annika's Pokemon vanish. Specifically I was thinking we could make the new Cloudsloom Gym Leader appear really nice and be an old friend of Annika's, but secretly be jealous and turn to EVIL (with a capital E).

As for kickstarting Aquias off, if when we get to that point, I was thinking about having Alvin challenge the Epica League, get trounced by another PC (probably Lian) and go off for the treasure. Unbeknownst to the other PC's though, he will actually find the treasure...only to get captured by the enemy Team and drop off the face of the earth. This will (assuming he hasn't made everyone hate him) cause the others to go looking for him. Nice thing about this is that it means we can have a rather powerful enemy team, as opposed to a group that can't use anything more powerful than a Golbat.
Just some ideas.

The only thing I really thought of for the treasure was that it belonged to Sea Voyagers from long ago who had discovered the rare stones in a cavern and decided to leave their fortunes there for safe keeping. Pokemon Pirates would raid ships often during that time and the voyagers wanted to wait until the seas were clear of unwanted eyes before they'd return securely for their riches with enough ships to carry it all. The voyagers ended up being attacked on the way back to Aquias, and the ship was blown to pieces- leaving no trace or awareness that the treasure existed until very many years later.

I'm open to considering any other ideas of how the treasure got there as well.

As for combining the plots of both regions, I think that might be a great idea. I'll just need to think of how it will all connect and make sense. @Maxim

Last edited:
Posting from my phone, and it's getting late. I'll have a response for Astrid tomorrow if I have the time. Gnight all

I'm off to bed now. I was able to get a post up so it's all good. Night.

Edited in Robbins response. I'm finding the contest a bit tricky to write for some reason, but I got something up.

You still in this? @Maxim @Sketching101
The two of you could bump into one another for interaction.

That's ok, don't sweat it. You're free to post when you're able. Just make sure to pm me, so I can let you know a good place to pop in the RP.

I'm still alive and kicking, just a bit short on time, inspiration, and energy to figure out a post. Sorry about that :(

Interaction with the other characters will help you find some inspiration. Go pick a character and converse :P
The other stuff is understandable as I have been slacking myself, because of real life.

Decided to give this a little nudge ;) @EternalInfinity @Citrus @Maxim @EchoRun
I know we spend so much time in our private group message :P
Take this time to review your character sheets and brush up on the Overview for inspiration.

2016-01-10-800871.jpg
[stabs=bcenter|900x400]
{slide=General|center}Character Name
Thana Vergous
Hometown
Shadowveil
Themes

Normal Battles

I wanted to go for the playful and competitive music, with a tiny hint of resolve and determination behind it. I wanted a theme that makes you imagine a girl playing around, but at the same time, sincerely trying to defeat her opponent.

Pre-Final Battle

Here, I wanted there to be a drastic change in her tone and emotions. I want it to sound like she was more or less serious, and so dropping the playful act, and revealing a few of her true colors. I also wanted her sadness to be evident in the piece, but I didn't want it to sound desperate since she is still overconfident.

Final Battle (Funny, because Megalovania is used to describe a lust for power).
Now here, there isn't too big of a change. The only difference here is the main melody. I wanted her to be more serious, more desperate near the end, like her life depended on winning that battle in her lust for power. Here, she's lost almost all of her resolve and reasoning, and I wanted a theme that shows that she is going all out against her opponent, like she's losing control.

{/slide}
{slide=Personal|center}Strengths
  • Calculative
  • Manipulative
  • Intelligent
  • Deceitful
  • Self-regulated/Mature
Weaknesses
  • Short Temper/Easily irritated
  • Slightly obsessive (Doesn't tend to show it)
  • Overconfident
  • Rash
  • Logic and Trust over Emotions (Way of thinking)
Habits and Quirks
  • Speaks in a formal manner at times
  • At times, she just knows what is going to happen when and where
  • Plays around with her pendant when lying
Goal or Purpose
*To find and capture Celebi and use them to travel through time, while also staying under cover as a child trainer.
To return her Carbink into Diancie

Inabilities
  • Unable to tell what was going to happen if she's never experienced it
  • Poor deduction skills
  • Overthinking
  • Tendency of being paranoid
Fears
  • Raikou, Suicune, and Entei
  • Growing up again
  • Losing her Pokemon
{/slide}
{slide=Personality|center}Thana is ruthless, determined, and just a slightly cruel individual. She can easily claim that the world is just twisted, messed up, and disturbing as herself. That is why she wanted to use the time travel in order to fix all faults caused on this world before it even started. She has a motive for all of this, however, she refuses to ever speak about it.

Her childish nature comes from her trying to force herself to act like the child she once was. She is playful, innocent, and is barely seen without a cheery smile on her face. She is optimistic, a good sport, and she greatly cares for other pokemon. She cares a lot for her own pokemon as well, and she can be just a little bit too nice to others at times. However, despite this ditzy and air-headed attitude, she has always been keeping an eye out for people, and even as a child, she had been very, very observant. The only problem was that she was secretly hard on herself, falling into bouts of depression when she lost, needing her pokemon to cheer her up at night. During the majority of her travels as a child, she ended up walking around at night, and ditched her companions when she didn't need them anymore, or when she knew that she would be seeing them again soon.

After years, her demeanor changed so that she became more calculative, and thought more logically oriented. However, her love and attitude towards pokemon didn't change. She held no ill will towards humans either. She just wants to be able to jump timelines, wanting to be above the consequences, or maybe, just stopping one.
{/slide}
{slide=History|center}The Future - Past

Thana is a woman from a not so distant future. In this future, she has already competed in gyms and such, and had already completed the majority of her goals. She is actually a researcher who worked alongside with other professors on the topic of pokemon evolution. She was in charge of researching what made Carbink mutate into the rare pokemon, Diancie. For a side, she often researched the waves of time, and what it was like for Celebi when traveling, as Celebi was able to do so without any paradoxes. At some point in time, she had befriended Celebi while researching, and began to ask Celebi questions, using a translator in order to understand it's speech.

It is unknown when, but Thana slowly began becoming corrupted with power, taking advantage of the time traveling pokemon's kindness, and eventually sealing them in a capsule that prevented the altering of space and time that she had stolen from the head professor. She had attempted to extract the power and ability to use for herself, however, was then attacked by an Absol, along with Raikou, Suicune, and Entai, claiming that she was messing with the nature, and what should and should not be. Rather than extracting Celebi's power, Thana began to force the power to activate, and time traveling with Celebi in order to escape the three pokemon.

The Escape - Present
Thana had thought that she was successful in her escape, only to soon find that she had taken the form of a child all over again, retaining her own memory. The only pokemon by her side were the Shuppet and the Espurr, standing next to her in the forest. It was only then where she realized that she ended up where she had been when she was first starting her journey. Out of frustration, she pounded the ground, shocking the two pokemon. It then came to her that the two pokemon didn't remember what had happaned, and she was curious herself how she returned to her body like that. Did her own self conscious take over her own body? If not, then what became of herself in this timeline? She had so many questions, however, a smile grew on her face, and she quickly began to formulate a plan.

If she had traveled back in time, with Celebi, then the only other being that could have remembered their future, was Celebi. She planned to track down the pokemon and come back into possession of the cage, which was somewhere in the world. Celebi was trapped, weak and helpless because of her, and she was going to hunt that pokemon again. However, she didn't want to change the track of her journey, as her actions would reflect upon herself in the future.

Present
Now, she wanders, playing out her pokemon journey like she remembered it as a child. However, she kept her true motives away from the light, putting up the past motive she had as a child. She also began to fix all the mess ups she made as a kid, and put on the facade of wanting to be a pokemon master; the most cliche of the cliche child trainer dreams.

What happened to Thana?
Simply put, seeing that Thana had abused Celebi's trust, Dialga used that chance to alter her body and age, along with her pokemon and memories. The temporal pokemon made her revert back to being a child, leaving her where she left off when she was a child. This single action alone was enough to disturb Palkia, however, Palkia aided Dialga in a way where other humans and pokemon would not notice this rift. They feel as though it's not too late for her to change, to grow into a better person, but they are really only giving her this one chance. Celebi has been freed due to the fact that the machine wasn't made in the time they warped to, leaving it unusable and effectively freeing the time travel pokemon. Once Thana has restored her peace from reliving her childhood, Dialga will revert her back to her original age.

Over the course of the years, the woman was blinded by power, delusional, if you may. However, one thing is true. Not once had she even abused her own pokemon.

[ Reason as to why she became corrupt will be revealed throughout the role play ]
{/slide}
{slide=Pokemon|center}Espurr (Female), Shuppet, Carbink*, Charmander, Deino, Venipede

Espurr - Female
Moves: Shock Wave, Covet, Confusion, Fake Out
Ability: Infiltrator
Nature: Quiet (+Sp.Atk -Spd)

Shuppet - Female
Moves: Knock Off, Shadow Sneak, Screech, Will-o-Wisp
Ability: Cursed Body (Hidden)
Nature: Adamant (+Atk -Sp.Atk)

{/slide}
{slide=Relationships|center}
{/slide}

[/stabs]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: EchoRun
Seems pretty interesting so far! Larvesta was already claimed btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.