Plot Discussion (Chapter 6, Interlude)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attaboy!

By the way, please check this thread often guys. This is where I can leave information that doesn't disappear, tag people, and organize plots.

I would like to close chapter 6 by Oct 12. There's lotsa things to be done, and this chapter was only meant to be an interlude!

There should be a 'Pat on the Back button' I would click it for you right here lol

When there are things that need to be said you just gots to say dem! lol

@WishfulNemo @caligari remember .. an aux cannot alter the world around you unless in advent. It is immaterial.

@Salsacookies @Anri I wrote something for you.

Viridos is starting to splinter into the coastal merchants and the inner conservatives. Additionally, the higher up in the Cinnabar Clad are being corrupted by some force that infects people through their aux. They have also made appearances in the deadlands and in Tavark (Pegulis).

Chapter closing tomorrow o_o

Are there any vacancies for character occupations, or any under utilized races? I would love to contribute to the upcoming chapters, rather than being a piece of fluff or dead weight.

@Whimsy You can feel free to just make a character. Kaustir needs writers the most right now, but it is about to undergo a ton of changes. We can make up plot for you and integrate you into the story, like I've done with all of the new applicants.

Ilium's plot has to be very flexible to accommodate the varying player activities. When people leave we write them out. When people come, we write them in. The plot grows to encompass new players, who then add to ilium in turn.

For example, Kaustir player activity is dropping so I wrote the entire nation as packing up and going to .. uh .. >_> things. ;). If players were around, it may have gone very differently. Either way, I managed (I think ...) to give Kaustir a plausible direction.

Last edited:
Awesome! I'll read up on everything I can. Do you suggest reading everything in the library before creating a CS?

That is almost too much material to go through .. Skim the synopsis, read the introduction / code of conduct. If it inspires you to make a character, then you can brush up as needed.

So far, I am leaning toward playing a character who is part of the Inquisition force.

We're flexible, we can work with whatever you come up with o_o. Make sure your occupation isn't one of the no-no's and there will always be something.

I'll make two character sheets: one that is part of the Sun Inquisition, and one that is a merchant from Avarath, and you can decide which would be more of an asset to the RP. :)

What is the most plausible race for a character in Kaustir? It was mentioned that human beings are relatively rare. I don't want to be "that girl" who plays the super-duper rare and esoteric race.

Humans are pretty common o_o, as are other hardy desert races. Nocturnes, Draken, and a few of every other race. Forest-kin are pretty rare.

"However, they are not always dominant. In Viridos and Kaustir they are second to the stranger creatures of the world."

I might play a Nocturne.

Humans are around in Kaustir, but the combined number of other races puts them into a minority. In Viridos and Kaustir, there is no clear majority race by headcount, unlike Pegulis. Nocturne sounds like a fine choice. There is a bit of lore in the ilium library.

"However, they are not always dominant. In Viridos and Kaustir they are second to the stranger creatures of the world."
I might play a Nocturne.
And given its nature, I would presume that Avarath has the highest density of humans in Kaustir. At least enough that to be a human is by no means a rarity. So, if I may make a suggestion, the Merchant would serve as a good human character and the Inquisitor could be the Nocturne.

Status
Not open for further replies.